PDA

View Full Version : Today is free admission day at the zoo!

Norm In Norman
1/16/2006, 06:00 PM
You have about 0 minutes to get there before it closes.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/16/2006, 06:31 PM
No thanks. Sounds busy. Heck, you can't even take a picture of an otter or two without some random kid being in the frame.

I go to the zoo to get away from people. That's why I never go.

SoonerBorn68
1/16/2006, 06:36 PM
My wife got us a zoo pass so except for one day a year it's free! Every time I'm home we make an effort to go there. The kids love it & I get some much needed exercise.

Oh, and the otters rawk!

MiccoMacey
1/16/2006, 10:46 PM
We bought a zoo pass and have probably gone between 30-40 times this year.

My 2 year old loves it, it's cheap, and educational.

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 10:49 PM
The St. Louis Zoo is ALWAYS free. as is the Science Center. In Forest Park. I love the zoo

Norm In Norman
1/17/2006, 08:48 AM
We have a zoo pass too. If you buy it before memorial day, you save quite a bit on them. I think it was maybe $30 for one that would work for the 3 of us.

We've gone at least half a dozen times since we bought the membership. Yesterday it was so cool that we pretty much saw every animal except for the ones that are way out (the buffalo all the way to whatever is right past the otters) without getting very tired. When we go in the middle of July, that never happens.

Viking Kitten
1/17/2006, 10:26 AM
The Soonerovs (sans Czar) went to the Zoo yesterday as well. The young'uns, after seeing King Kong, are fascinated by the gorillas... we spent probably 45 minutes watching them. At one point, the silverback came over to window and was staring at me. It was creepy. But kinda hot though.

Mjcpr
1/17/2006, 10:27 AM
I think I know why.

JohnnyMack
1/17/2006, 10:27 AM
The Soonerovs (sans Czar) went to the Zoo yesterday as well. The young'uns, after seeing King Kong, are fascinated by the gorillas... we spent probably 45 minutes watching them. At one point, the silverback came over to window and was staring at me. It was creepy. But kinda hot though.

Any poo flinging to report? By the gorilla, not you.

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2006, 10:28 AM
hmmm, never took VK as the submissive type.......

IB4OU2
1/17/2006, 10:31 AM

I'm sorta silver headed and I like to stare...........does that count?

Norm In Norman
1/17/2006, 10:34 AM
Dear Pet Fancy,

I never thought this could happen to me...

Norm In Norman
1/17/2006, 10:37 AM
Any poo flinging to report? By the gorilla, not you.
Speaking of this, one of the chimps was sitting on a hill pulling stuff out of his *** then eating it. It was quite breathtaking.

oumartin
1/17/2006, 10:44 AM
last couple times we went to OKC zoo there were more animals NOT there then there were there.
Did they ever reopen the dolphin show?

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/17/2006, 10:46 AM
ear?
arm?
lip?
leg?
***?
toe?
hip?
rib?
jaw?
pee?
gum?
eye?
gut?
lap?
fat?
gam?
nip?
poo?
can?
tit?

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/17/2006, 10:48 AM
Must have been ***.

Viking Kitten
1/17/2006, 10:52 AM
This is kind of gross, so delete at will, but here goes... I once saw the mama gorilla, who was lactating, uh, nurse herself. Czar said he once saw something similar at the Red Dog.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/17/2006, 11:12 AM
This is kind of gross, so delete at will, but here goes... I once saw the mama gorilla, who was lactating, uh, nurse herself. Czar said he once saw something similar at the Red Dog.

I think we can live with this after what norm posted.

Here's a picture from when I went to the zoo with Will.

http://www.bfcfgof.com/fark/2004-09-20-Oklahoma-023.jpg

Viking Kitten
1/17/2006, 11:15 AM
Where was RLB in that pic?

Jimminy Crimson
1/17/2006, 11:16 AM
Where was RLB in that pic?

She was in bed with FK#3

Howzit
1/17/2006, 11:17 AM
I once saw the mama gorilla, who was lactating, uh, nurse herself. Czar said he once saw something similar at the Red Dog.

Saw? Heck, he paid extra for it.