PDA

View Full Version : Can they just remove all the I-35 exits to the city of Moore?

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/16/2006, 05:37 PM
It won't make it any harder to get there. For the life of me, the only reason I think there's an actual "town" there is that someone decided they should build something for those people that didn't have a big enough bladder to make it from OKC to Norman in one shot.

And, that's pretty much what it is, anyway. A big outhouse, only less scenic. They have the most poorly designed higway access of anyplace I've ever been.

Dio
1/16/2006, 05:40 PM
I think they already did. We pretty much have to airlift people in if we're having anyone over.

MichelleDawn
1/16/2006, 05:41 PM
lol ....So that's why

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/16/2006, 05:41 PM
Why couldn't they have levelled that place and put up the mall instead of destroying KKGS?

Norm In Norman
1/16/2006, 05:43 PM
You've got to love a place where in the middle of a neighborhood in town there are cows.

If we'd get a Crest, I'd never go there.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/16/2006, 05:44 PM
You've got to love a place where in the middle of a neighborhood in town there are cows.

If we'd get a Crest, I'd never go there.

Norm:Wal-Mart/BestBuy == Beano:Crest

Yet another reason not to go there.

Howzit
1/16/2006, 05:46 PM
They don't have any otters in Moore, either.

I bet Norm would go, like, all the time if they had otters.

Howzit
1/16/2006, 05:48 PM
Then he could point and laugh and say, "Boy, those ARE a hoot!"

In Moore.

If they had them there.

critical_phil
1/16/2006, 05:49 PM
take THAT eastMoore..........

soonerscuba
1/16/2006, 05:52 PM
Don't forget that God hates that town.

Norm In Norman
1/16/2006, 05:59 PM
Then he could point and laugh and say, "Boy, those ARE a hoot!"

In Moore.

If they had them there.
Oh, OTTERS! I get it.

Norm In Norman
1/16/2006, 05:59 PM
Norm:Wal-Mart/BestBuy == Beano:Crest

Yet another reason not to go there.
Story?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2006, 06:07 PM
We are getting all kinds of stuff in our town. I grew up here and back in the day you had to go to OKC or Norman to shop or to eat dinner. We keep growing and before too long there will be no reason to leave the city limits. That new movie theater is going to be great.

But I agree, getting here from I-35 succs. That's why I use Shields.

SoonerInKCMO
1/16/2006, 06:17 PM
before too long there will be no reason to leave the city limits.

Other than, you know, you're in Moore. :eddie:

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/16/2006, 06:29 PM
We are getting all kinds of stuff in our town. I grew up here and back in the day you had to go to OKC or Norman to shop or to eat dinner. We keep growing and before too long there will be no reason to leave the city limits. That new movie theater is going to be great.

But I agree, getting here from I-35 succs. That's why I use Shields.

Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charmin' mfn' theater. I mean it'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

I just as soon everyone in Moore never did leave the city limits. Heck, put up a wall around the place and enjoy one another's company.

GottaHavePride
1/16/2006, 06:43 PM
That movie theater will be unreal. The same guy owns 5 theaters in Wichita, and each one he builds gets more technologically advanced. the one in downtown Wichita has a button on the armrest that calls a waiter to bring your food and drink (including from their FULL BAR) to you. all the projectors are digital and can be linked to let them rent the whole facility as a corporate training facility, videoconferencing, anything. Freaking sweet.

Bill Warren is the reason I almost never go to the movies in Oklahoma. Once the theater in Moore is done I don't have to wait for an excuse to drive to Wichita to watch a damn movie.

SoonerBorn68
1/16/2006, 07:27 PM
Moorons.

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/16/2006, 07:42 PM
So... the best thing about Moore is something that's not even there yet?

Nice place.

RacerX
1/16/2006, 07:55 PM
Moore, eh. Can't remember ever stopping there.

Norm, Beano sacked there and was mistreated.

I feel the same way about Albertsons....Only it was Skaggs back then.

TUSooner
1/16/2006, 08:46 PM
Moore seems to have decayed since I left in 1975. Coincidence? I think not.

IB4OU2
1/16/2006, 08:53 PM
You know what I like about Moore.....SBSB lives there...

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 10:38 PM
stupid for them to build that giant movie theater there. but then again, if the moore-ons want a decent movie, they gotta go to norman or downtown.

MiccoMacey
1/16/2006, 10:44 PM
They're much more attentive dirung Tornado drills now than what they used to be.

And I'm not joking. Taught there for three years right after May 3, 1999.

SeattleOUstudent
1/16/2006, 10:58 PM
Ardmore is the best Moore.....

i got nuthin

Okla-homey
1/16/2006, 11:05 PM
It's a cunning plan by city leaders to keep out the Meskins. They figure they'll just stay on 35 until they get to Edmond or Guthrie. It was in all the papers. I think there were protests.

SicEmBaylor
1/16/2006, 11:29 PM
Ugh that freaking construction cost me chicken at Grandy's. After I finally figured out a way to get over there (after driving through some residential district), I pull up to the Grandy's window and I'm told the guy in front of me got the last of the white meat. Damned it all to hell.

sooneron
1/16/2006, 11:46 PM
MMmmm, cruising 4th street...

yermom
1/17/2006, 01:00 AM
i could very well not go to Moore again until that theater opens

GHP is right, the Warren theaters are top notch. i end up driving to OKC for movies all the time, having that in Moore will be sweet

critical_phil
1/17/2006, 01:05 AM
i could very well not go to Moore again until that theater opens

GHP is right, the Warren theaters are top notch. i end up driving to OKC for movies all the time, having that in Moore will be sweet

**** you moore hatas.

stay on your own side of town........

yermom
1/17/2006, 01:07 AM
Moore wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for the Mooreons