PDA

View Full Version : UT Rod Wright expects to be in Phoenix next year.

PrideAlum
1/16/2006, 11:39 AM
UT senior defensive end Rod Wright expects to be in Phoenix on the sideline of the Fiesta Bowl next year watching his Longhorns play in that game next year.

That’s fine with me as long as I’m in Phoenix January 8th watching the Sooners play in the BCS national championship game.:D

Desert Sapper
1/16/2006, 11:45 AM
The BCS affront against all that is good and right in College Football, you mean?

Oh...I mean Boomer Sooner in the Bull Crap System National Championship Gameä!

TheGodfather889
1/16/2006, 01:56 PM
Well Rod Wright is wrong then because no Vince Young=no Championships for Texas.

OklahomaTrombone
1/16/2006, 02:00 PM
Hope he has some luck finding the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix.

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 02:01 PM
Rod, get a clue big boy....UT was a one-man wrecking crew this year and when you lose your one man, well, you're not so much of a crew anymore....

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 02:02 PM
Isn't the Fiesta in Tempe?

OklahomaTrombone
1/16/2006, 02:11 PM
Isn't the Fiesta in Tempe?

Next year it'll be in Glendale at the new Arizona Cardinals stadium.

But its technically not in Phoenix.

SkipTracer
1/16/2006, 02:27 PM
And here's the guy that will get them there.

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/1231/cmccoy5oh.jpg

caphorns
1/16/2006, 02:28 PM
See how far we've come from "I'll see you in San Diego"

And you people still criticize :rolleyes:

Harry Beanbag
1/16/2006, 03:01 PM
The Cardinals could use a DT.

SoonerMooner
1/16/2006, 03:07 PM
Hey, no problem. Rod will be at the Fiesta Bowl as long as he buys a ticket.

Soonerman08
1/16/2006, 03:25 PM
Next season can't get here soon enough!

AustinTXHorn
1/16/2006, 03:45 PM
Rod, get a clue big boy....UT was a one-man wrecking crew this year and when you lose your one man, well, you're not so much of a crew anymore....
Yep...that defense ranked 6th in the country because of that damned Vince Young. He can play all 11 positions!

What is Wright supposed to say at the national championship celebration? Geez...

Harry Beanbag
1/16/2006, 04:09 PM
What is Wright supposed to say at the national championship celebration? Geez...

I would expect him to say that UT would be playing for the national title again next year. Kinda disappointing he has his sights set lower that they should be. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/16/2006, 04:17 PM
You guys have been ranked 6th in the country on defense for the last 10 years, how did those years with Crissy turn out ;)

caphorns
1/16/2006, 04:19 PM
You guys have been ranked 6th in the country on defense for the last 10 years, how did those years with Crissy turn out ;)

Not much different from the results in Tampa Bay under Gruden's tutelage. Actually I think we did better.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/16/2006, 04:21 PM
Let me rephrase....did those defenses get you to to BCS lalala land ;)

caphorns
1/16/2006, 05:02 PM
Nope. So we've firmly established that Young is better than Simms. Duh.

Stanley1
1/16/2006, 05:06 PM
Yep...that defense ranked 6th in the country because of that damned Vince Young. He can play all 11 positions!

Uh.....you don't think having a good offense helps your defense some? We'll see how good they look when the offense mixes in a few 3 and outs and such. They'll be spending ALOT more time on the field this coming season. I guarantee that defense won't be top 10 when you leave the Cotton Bowl this year.

AustinTXHorn
1/16/2006, 06:26 PM
Uh.....you don't think having a good offense helps your defense some? We'll see how good they look when the offense mixes in a few 3 and outs and such. They'll be spending ALOT more time on the field this coming season. I guarantee that defense won't be top 10 when you leave the Cotton Bowl this year.
Texas was not incredibly good on time of posession this year and it didn't seem to hurt that much. The defense was only the field for 39 minutes against Tech and only gave up 17 points.

Auburn's offense in 2004 was not exactly amazing (25th YPG, 18th scoring) but they didn't seem to have a big problem.

Chizik's defenses the past three years finished 10th, 5th, and 5th in total defense and 8th, 1st, and 9th in scoring defense. Texas will return 7 of 11 defensive starters, but you are correct. OU is going to run all over them like they're nothing and they will drop off big time.

That LSU offense in 2003 really seemed to drag down the defense. Or Ohio State in 2002.

Octavian
1/16/2006, 07:17 PM
Chizik's defenses the past three years finished 10th, 5th, and 5th in total defense and 8th, 1st, and 9th in scoring defense. Texas will return 7 of 11 defensive starters, but you are correct. OU is going to run all over them like they're nothing and they will drop off big time.

Agreed. Chizik is impressive. But it's not the D that will decide it. It really does come down to this guy:

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/1231/cmccoy5oh.jpg

If he can mature quickly around an experienced offense then Texas could make another run. But Texas plays their two toughest games before mid-October. Thats not much time to prepare a freshman quarterback for the defenses he'll see against Ohio St. and Oklahoma.

tennsooner
1/16/2006, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=AustinTXHorn]Yep...that defense ranked 6th in the country because of that damned Vince Young. He can play all 11 positions!
QUOTE]
That will come in damn handy for him in the pros when he bombs out at quarterback.:D :D :D :mack:

GreaterState
1/16/2006, 11:05 PM
If he can mature quickly around an experienced offense then Texas could make another run. But Texas plays their two toughest games before mid-October. Thats not much time to prepare a freshman quarterback for the defenses he'll see against Ohio St. and Oklahoma.

I'm starting to think more and more that by the RRS it will be this guy:
http://media.scout.com/media/image/22/229534.jpg

More snaps against a higher degree of competition to date; looked really good in the Army game. I'll wait until summer to see but no reason he can't win that job between spring drills and October.

Octavian
1/16/2006, 11:57 PM
I'm starting to think more and more that by the RRS it will be this guy:
http://media.scout.com/media/image/22/229534.jpg

More snaps against a higher degree of competition to date; looked really good in the Army game. I'll wait until summer to see but no reason he can't win that job between spring drills and October.

same song, different verse

GreaterState
1/17/2006, 12:01 AM
same song, different verse

Same song the Sooner DBs were singing? Has some lines about what it feels like to be dissected? :)

Desert Sapper
1/17/2006, 10:43 AM
I think that guy has the best mullet I've seen since maybe 1992.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/mbcrain25/JEVANSNEADMD1_4150.jpg

Must be making a comeback in jerkwater, TX. errr...where was Snead from again? Oh yeah, Stephenville. I forgot they changed their name back when his haircut was in style.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/mbcrain25/jerkwater.jpg

NormanPride
1/17/2006, 11:27 AM
Thank goodness it's Tuesday. I love Tuesdays.

GreaterState
1/18/2006, 02:05 AM
Hmm ... a mullet, or having a quarterback who looks like Sean Astin as "Rudy"...

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/21/210524.jpghttp://www.seanastin.com/images/0010m.jpg

Not so tough a choice over here.

Desert Sapper
1/18/2006, 08:41 AM
Hmm ... a mullet, or having a quarterback who looks like Sean Astin as "Rudy"...

Not so tough a choice over here.

Yeah...Rudy was about having grit and determination. Something you shortwhorns know absolutely nothing about. You'll see what Texas looks like without VY next year in the Cotton Bowl. :mack:

The Consumate Showman
1/18/2006, 09:26 AM
The problem for UT this year may be this:

In '05, Saxet really didn't face a REAL volatile running game....I mean, tOsU has a reputation for running the ball, but they are in no way BLESSED with a great RB. When they faced USC, LenDale had three TD's and Bush 1.

Now, UT's '05 team had probably the best DB's in the country. They were solid all year long and it didn't hurt that they had the Jim Thorpe award winner in the Dbackfield.

Point: When the AD-train rolls into the Cotton Bowl 100% healthy, Saxet will have to come to the realization that AD, as a frosh, tore them UP BAD in '04 and when that happens and Saxet has to put 8 in the box to try and stop him, Bomar should be able to utilize our WR core to pick them apart.

Don't get me wrong here. Saxet usually has a good to great D every year. But with VY gone, I guess that lose that, what-do-ya call it......the Vince Vibe???? Apparently, from ESPN and other media outlets, this "vibe" is the only thing holding UT's FB program together...

What is going to happen to Saxet when they lose "the vibe"?????????

Desert Sapper
1/18/2006, 09:32 AM
Saxet minus 'the vibe' and 'the D' = back where they belong = #2 in the Big XII South.

caphorns
1/18/2006, 02:10 PM
I think that guy has the best mullet I've seen since maybe 1992.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/mbcrain25/JEVANSNEADMD1_4150.jpg

For a second I thought we had recruited an Oklahoma kid :)

Herr Scholz
1/18/2006, 02:34 PM
Isn't Brad Pitt from Oklahoma?

http://www.rueskitchen.com/archives/mullet-brad-pitt.jpg

Harry Beanbag
1/18/2006, 02:41 PM
Isn't Brad Pitt from Oklahoma?

http://www.rueskitchen.com/archives/mullet-brad-pitt.jpg

Supposedly he was born in Shawnee or Chickasha or something like that, not sure if he claims it or not. He's generally reported to be from Missouri.

Desert Sapper
1/18/2006, 02:48 PM
Supposedly he was born in Shawnee or Chickasha or something like that, not sure if he claims it or not. He's generally reported to be from Missouri.

He's from Springfield, MO, but he doesn't claim that. Played soccer for the Kickapoo High Chiefs, but he doesn't claim that either. He doesn't claim much. He's a bit on the LA Freakish side, though, so nobody cares.

TexasLidig8r
1/18/2006, 03:27 PM
Point: When the AD-train rolls into the Cotton Bowl 100% healthy, Saxet will have to come to the realization that AD, as a frosh, tore them UP BAD in '04 and when that happens and Saxet has to put 8 in the box to try and stop him, . . .

Would you care to compare the OU offensive line in 2004 with the OU offensive line in 2006? It would be tough since right now, you don't even have 4 firm starters in place. 4 seniors started the Holiday Bowl.

You can have Superman in the backfield, but, if you don't have the hosses on the line.... the yards come much more difficulty.

AustinTXHorn
1/18/2006, 03:35 PM
Would you care to compare the OU offensive line in 2004 with the OU offensive line in 2006? It would be tough since right now, you don't even have 4 firm starters in place. 4 seniors started the Holiday Bowl.

You can have Superman in the backfield, but, if you don't have the hosses on the line.... the yards come much more difficulty.
A Heisman winning QB didn't hurt Peterson either.

GDC
1/18/2006, 03:36 PM
This thread is mostly whorns, talking about Brad Pitt. My God.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/18/2006, 03:51 PM
This thread is mostly whorns, talking about Brad Pitt. My God.STOP IT! ZIP IT UP! LOCK IT!

Desert Sapper
1/18/2006, 03:55 PM
This thread is mostly whorns, talking about Brad Pitt. My God.

You couldn't have honestly expected much else with a whorn in the title.

caphorns
1/18/2006, 04:00 PM
I don't care what you say - Brad Pitt this and that blah blah blah - Oklahoma has a higher per capita mullet count to this day. I understand trailers and methlabs are in nearly a dead heat with Texas - although I still wonder about this on a per capita basis. I will say that meth labs, trailers and mullets are definitely more prevalent the closer you get to the Red River.

Harry Beanbag
1/18/2006, 04:02 PM
I don't care what you say - Brad Pitt this and that blah blah blah - Oklahoma has a higher per capita mullet count to this day. I understand trailers and methlabs are in nearly a dead heat with Texas - although I still wonder about this on a per capita basis. I will say that meth labs, trailers and mullets are definitely more prevalent the closer you get to the Red River.

Unless you have a link to a reputable mullet/trailer/methlab per capita study, then take this garbage back to hornfans. :texan:

caphorns
1/18/2006, 04:05 PM
:) Don't get so serious Harry. I didn't mean to hit a nerve. I'll have to look around for the mullet survey. I'm sure I have this somewhere ;)

Harry Beanbag
1/18/2006, 04:10 PM
:) Don't get so serious Harry. I didn't mean to hit a nerve. I'll have to look around for the mullet survey. I'm sure I have this somewhere ;)

The only nerve you hit was you being a filthy whorn.

When you're looking around for mullets, don't forget to look in the mirror. ;)

caphorns
1/18/2006, 04:19 PM
Mullet free for over 20 years here and counting. When are you going to give up your tail?

GDC
1/18/2006, 04:34 PM
When are you going to give up your tail?

:eek:

Harry Beanbag
1/18/2006, 04:38 PM
Mullet free for over 20 years here and counting. When are you going to give up your tail?

Never, I love me some womenfolk.

AustinTXHorn
1/18/2006, 04:39 PM
When are you going to give up your tail?
I gotta admit...that sounded pretty 'brokeback'. NTTAWWT. :eddie:

Harry Beanbag
1/18/2006, 04:40 PM
I gotta admit...that sounded pretty 'brokeback'. NTTAWWT. :eddie:

I was going to suggest he wander over to the SO, there're plenty of threads that may interest him over there. :)

NormanPride
1/18/2006, 04:42 PM
I was going to suggest he wander over to the SO, there're plenty of threads that may interest him over there. :)

Personally, I think there is a lot wrong with that. :mack:

caphorns
1/18/2006, 05:00 PM
:rolleyes:

In fact, yes, I'm asking Harry B to be my lovebitch since I just dumped gdc. :stunned: