PDA

View Full Version : Some of you need to ask for forgiveness...

SoonerBK
1/16/2006, 09:35 AM
You know who you are. Say this prayer

Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned...

I rooted for Texas.
I rooted because I live in the heartland and couldn't take another year of
"USC's invincibility."
I rooted because of the 47-game winning streak.
I rooted because of my Big 12 loyalty.
I rooted because all my Longhorn friends cheered for us at the Holiday >bowl.
(like I believe that!!!)
I'm glad Texas won.
I feel SO, SO, SO dirty.
I hate Texas.
Amen.
BOOMER SOONER!!!
Be healed!!!

soonernation
1/16/2006, 09:41 AM
I did NOT root for Texass. Never ever will I root for the whorns.

GDC
1/16/2006, 09:44 AM
Tomorrow is NO:texan:TUESDAY!!!

crawfish
1/16/2006, 09:45 AM
I rooted against USC. :P

soonernation
1/16/2006, 09:48 AM
Tomorrow is NO:texan:TUESDAY!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TexasLidig8r
1/16/2006, 09:50 AM
Let's face it though.. after the game, the mass sign ups of rabid, smack spitting Longhorns on here have been pretty benign. Nothing too outrageous at all.

And yes, all the rage is to wear burnt orange but the fickleness of Joe Average fan with no direct tie to the school will fade when the next team to win it all comes down the road.

SoonerBK
1/16/2006, 10:11 AM
Maybe the same people who rooted for the whorns also want VY to stay next year. Wouldn't that be good the conference too?

soonerjoker
1/16/2006, 10:45 AM
yes, it would.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/16/2006, 10:50 AM
Didn't SoonerBK make some chubby girl cry at a women's basketball game because he called her fat ;) maybe you should ask for that forgiveness too :P

SoonerBK
1/16/2006, 11:02 AM
Didn't SoonerBK make some chubby girl cry at a women's basketball game because he called her fat ;) maybe you should ask for that forgiveness too :P

Actually I made a few chubby and non-chubby girls cry, at various sporting events. I did it because it was good for the conferecnce, but we are not talking about me.

Desert Sapper
1/16/2006, 11:05 AM
I rooted against USC. :P

AMEN

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/16/2006, 11:06 AM
I rooted for a 0-0 tie and for the game to run for all of eternity thus taking out both teams for the future, because their game would never end.

GDC
1/16/2006, 11:16 AM
Let's face it though.. after the game, the mass sign ups of rabid, smack spitting Longhorns on here have been pretty benign. Nothing too outrageous at all.

And yes, all the rage is to wear burnt orange but the fickleness of Joe Average fan with no direct tie to the school will fade when the next team to win it all comes down the road.

By god if you live and work in the state where the university is located, then some of your tax dollars help to support it, and you can cheer for it if you want to. Tuesday can't get here soon enough, and NHT needs to be expanded so the aholes can't post at all.

LifelongSooner
1/16/2006, 11:20 AM
I've already asked for forgiveness. I have to admit the meltdown over at wearewhinycrybabies.com is worth it though.

Texas Golfer
1/16/2006, 11:21 AM

I rooted for Texas.
"USC's invincibility."
I rooted because of the 47-game winning streak.
I rooted because of my Big 12 loyalty.
I rooted because all my Longhorn friends cheered for us at the Holiday >bowl.
(like I believe that!!!)
I'm glad Texas won.
I feel SO, SO, SO dirty.
I hate Texas.
Amen.
BOOMER SOONER!!!
Be healed!!!

I did pray for forgiveness and God answered, "Forgiveness is not necessary, my child, as you have done the right thing."

PenFLSooner
1/16/2006, 11:50 AM
I got my wish!!! USuC lost, and the team that won will always have the tag, you won on a blown call!! His knee was down!!! Best of both worlds.

picasso
1/16/2006, 11:51 AM
I cheered for Texas, if you don't like it you can kiss my arse.:)

JohnnyMack
1/16/2006, 12:18 PM
I would root for Hitler, Osama bin Laden and Jeffrey Dahmer before I would EVAR root for Saxet.

You people who rooted for SUC because of "the streak" are idiots. The streak wasn't in danger, SUC was going to lose too much after this season regardless and with the strength next year of ND, Oregon and Cal. at least one loss was assured.

Anybody who rooted for Saxet is a traitor and should be forced to allow Bevo to **** in your mouth.

Saxet sucked yesterday, they suck today and they will suck for all eternity.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 12:24 PM
I would root for Hitler, Osama bin Laden and Jeffrey Dahmer before I would EVAR root for Saxet.

You people who rooted for SUC because of "the streak" are idiots. The streak wasn't in danger, SUC was going to lose too much after this season regardless and with the strength next year of ND, Oregon and Cal. at least one loss was assured.

Anybody who rooted for Saxet is a traitor and should be forced to allow Bevo to **** in your mouth.

grow some nads you pansy.

picasso
1/16/2006, 12:37 PM
had nothing to do with the 47 game winning streak. had to do with a gut feeling right at kickoff and the endless stroking of USC. again, I cheered for 'em, kiss my arse.

mdklatt
1/16/2006, 12:49 PM
Hoping for USC to lose was not rooting for Texas. :mad:

Texas Golfer
1/16/2006, 01:09 PM

To say at least one loss was assured is naive. No outcome is assured in college football.

LifelongSooner
1/16/2006, 01:17 PM

You don't know if the underclassmen might not have stayed, if sc won that NC. Losing might have influenced them to leave early. They might have stayed if they were able to contribute to keeping The Streak alive.

There is no disagreement with you there. Rooting for them had nothing to do with their level of suckage. During this timeframe though, sc sucked more. The media was all ready to jump on the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME, ONLY TEAM TO EVER GO THREE IN A ROW, PETE CARROLL IS A GOD bandwagon. texas took the wheels off that bandwagon.

Yeah, I rooted for them, but I am NOT a traitor.

jacru
1/16/2006, 01:19 PM
I am unrepentant and laugh at your condemnation of me.:P

LifelongSooner
1/16/2006, 01:24 PM
I am unrepentant and laugh at your condemnation of me.:P

Yeah, what he said! I scoff at you :D

Octavian
1/16/2006, 01:40 PM
I thought we'd put this painful argument behind us. :rolleyes:

saxeT finally won a NC w/ a team that wasn't lilly white. 4 is such a cute number ;)
Vince left.
No janky 3peat.
Leinart went out a loser.
Bush, Lendale, and half of the SUC rats bailed on the ship.
OU's STREAK is safe.
OU is still recruiting very well south of the river.
In 2006 Adrian will be at the the top of the Heisman race while OU will be the favorite to win the BigXII.

I dunno it just doesn't seem so bad to me.

Desert Sapper
1/16/2006, 02:10 PM
I thought we'd put this painful argument behind us. :rolleyes:

saxeT finally won a NC w/ a team that wasn't lilly white. 4 is such a cute number ;)
Vince left.
No janky 3peat.
Leinart went out a loser.
Bush, Lendale, and half of the SUC rats bailed on the ship.
OU's STREAK is safe.
OU is still recruiting very well south of the river.
In 2006 Adrian will be at the the top of the Heisman race while OU will be the favorite to win the BigXII.

I dunno it just doesn't seem so bad to me.

TRUE

Oh, and I can't wait to see the faces when we dominate in Dallas this year.

Blues1
1/16/2006, 02:37 PM
IF you usc had **Won** and was sitting at 35 straight Wins --- I heard Carroll Saying ---

"Hey Guy's don't leave now we gotta chance to become the Greatest Team of all time - You can be on the team that breaks the 47 game streak record, Your names will go down in College Football History as the team that did it".... Blah Blah --- etc...

Bush would probably still be headed for the NFL -- But I bet some others would have stayed --- Who knows maybe even Bush...???

I'm glad I will never know........:)

Still Rockin'

OUthunder
1/16/2006, 03:07 PM
Reject Satan!

Duke o Brewery
1/16/2006, 03:45 PM
I, for one, hoped texas would get slaughtered, but I'm not here to bash the Texas rooters. I'll just say once again that, right or wrong, some Sooners don't have what it takes to cheer our greatest nemesis and most despised rivals to the south on to a national championship and others do.

We've muddled up this entire argument with both sides talking about streaks, recruiting, wins, and VY. In reality it has nothing to do with any of those things. All it's really about is "Who do you really hate more, the USC 'dynasty' or the Texas Longhorns?" It would seem that everyone has chosen a position on this question.

The Sooners such as myself who have been bred to hate texas with the fury of a thousand suns on and off the field of athletics, and regardless of extenuating circumstances, need to get comfortable with the fact that a lot of OU fans, though they may hate texas and may love the Red River Rivalry, simply don't hate texas with the same overriding bitterness we do.

I'm not going to comment on what's right or wrong here, I'm just saying that some fans hate texas because they're a college football rival and some hate them for that plus a thousand other related and unrelated reasons and they can't separate themselves from that disgust toward and hatred of UT and the stereotypical texan attitude. For many Sooners how much they love OU = how much they hate texas.

OklahomaRed
1/16/2006, 05:29 PM
had nothing to do with the 47 game winning streak. had to do with a gut feeling right at kickoff and the endless stroking of USC. again, I cheered for 'em, kiss my arse.

Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give you the answer that you want me to.

I cheered for em, too. I guess they can start lining up to kiss a bunch of areses. :D

Doesn't make no difference now anyway. :confused:

picasso
1/16/2006, 05:54 PM
I hate Texas as much as any Sooner, believe me. I sat through the games in Dallas during that rough stretch which started in '89.
But I'm not going to put an upside down Horn sticker on my car either.:D

GDC
1/16/2006, 06:26 PM
I hate Texas as much as any Sooner, believe me. I sat through the games in Dallas during that rough stretch which started in '89.
But I'm not going to put an upside down Horn sticker on my car either.:D

I couldn't believe it when I went to the ORU game and they were selling whorn stickers along with OU merchandise.

Beelzabubba
1/16/2006, 09:37 PM
yawn......

I made toast for breakfast

goingoneight
1/16/2006, 09:40 PM

truth is spoken well.

goingoneight
1/16/2006, 10:00 PM

I "pulled" for Texas to win by technicality.
"USC's invincibility." and I couldn't help but want to beat MNC titleists next year!
I rooted because of the 47-game winning streak, just in case USC pulled it off in their weak schedule next year.
I rooted because of my Big 12 loyalty, seeing as I only like OU.
I rooted because all my Longhorn friends cheered for us at the Holiday Bowl.
(like I believe that!!!)
I'm not so glad anybody had to win.
I feel SO, SO, SO dirty watching the media cater to a college National Champ, as they never gave a rip about teams like OU or Ohio State.
I hate 'arrogant' Texas fans.
I am from the University of Oklahoma, not the "University of I Hate Texas..."
I don't waste my time hating someone who doesn't care about me... as I am NOT an aggie.
Texas was my last choice to visit the MNC vs. USC. I was hoping someone, anyone could have stopped them on their way... but will congratulate any whorn fan to shut them up.
Bless us Sooners, for we must hate anybody and everybody by default unless they tell us... "DAMN YOU'RE GOOD!"
Amen.
BOOMER SOONER!!!
Be National Champs in 2006!!! :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/17/2006, 12:30 AM
Tuesday can't get here soon enough, and NHT needs to be expanded so the aholes can't post at all.:P AMEN. However, we do have a problem with that, since they can't always be identified. Da*n shame!!!

Luthor
1/17/2006, 10:34 AM

Dude, you got some Dante's Inferno-Moby Dick-Wrath of Con issues going on there.

Zing
1/17/2006, 10:38 AM
During this timeframe though, sc sucked more. The media was all ready to jump on the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME, ONLY TEAM TO EVER GO THREE IN A ROW, PETE CARROLL IS A GOD bandwagon. texas took the wheels off that bandwagon.

Yeah, I rooted for them, but I am NOT a traitor.

Amen on that one. I was just sick of all the media hype. ESPN was heralding USC as the best team of all time and holding polls as to whether or not USC would beat semi-legendary and legendary programs of the past when they hadn't even beaten Texas of the present yet.

GDC
1/17/2006, 10:55 AM
Dude, you got some Dante's Inferno-Moby Dick-Wrath of Con issues going on there.

It's Tuesday, so STFU :texan:

Dan Thompson
1/17/2006, 11:02 AM
I hate Miami more than I hate Texas, as well as ND, but I hate USC most of all.

Funky G
1/17/2006, 11:25 AM
When faced with the choice of rooting for warm beer or wet toilet paper, how do you choose?

SoonerDood
1/17/2006, 07:52 PM
what if we still cheered when Texas screwed up? there was a lot of that.

C&CDean
1/17/2006, 08:31 PM
OK. It's ****ing Tuesday people. I'm in Baltimore, but I can still bane your sorry butts.

If you physically cheered for the team that shall not be named, may I humbly suggest you are without doubt a knobber extraordinaire who likes to pleasure big, sweaty mens. As in plural.

Do not mention the filth down south again today.

TUSooner
1/18/2006, 12:56 AM

I doubt I have ever seen a post I had less regard for than this piece of stinking crapola. I wanted USC to lose (and, ergo, Texas to win), and I'm not a bit sorry for it. As for the streak, well, USC doesn't have one any more, so your predictions are moot. So
BITE MY SHORTS Now let's beat tejas and nip their streak in the bud.
Thank you