PDA

View Full Version : My OSU Source Tells Me

jdsooner
1/16/2006, 03:46 AM
That Rick Barnes, Eddie Sutton, and Bobby Knight were three of the people who turned in Kelvin for the phone violations.

MojoRisen
1/16/2006, 08:44 AM
It is like that sceene in Naked Gun when Mikhail G and the rest of the commies and rouge states were all in a room and leslie Neilson busted in with OJ and stormed the rooom! Knight , Barnes and Sutton being the commies.

okienole3
1/16/2006, 09:11 AM
Don't cheat and the commies won't have anything to turn you in about.

GDC
1/16/2006, 09:43 AM
I thought Barnes and Kelvin were buds.

crawfish
1/16/2006, 09:44 AM
I wish Kelvin was as pristine as Eddie. :rolleyes:

Dave4OU
1/16/2006, 10:21 AM
Ray Lopes was at Fresno and got caught doing the same thing, when they started looking into him they found that while he was at OU he committed the same kind of infractions. This is how we got caught no one tattle taled. Geez, your OSU source does not have very reliable info i would disown him.

OUstud
1/16/2006, 12:47 PM
Ray Lopes was at Fresno and got caught doing the same thing, when they started looking into him they found that while he was at OU he committed the same kind of infractions. This is how we got caught no one tattle taled. Geez, your OSU source does not have very reliable info i would disown him.

Are they ever reliable?

KABOOKIE
1/16/2006, 12:59 PM
According to Ryno, he knew this was happening 8 yeras ago.

jdsooner
1/16/2006, 01:25 PM
Well at least Dean Blevins says that the sanctions won't be severe. That gives me peace of mind.:rolleyes:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2006, 02:12 PM

this is backwards from the way i heard it.

eddie has turned in sampson about a 100 times over the last decade. the problem is that sampson is kind of like neuheisel with NCAA rules. he flutters between spirit and letter depending upon which serves him at the time. if they perceive a pattern, the NCAA just lets you go on until they have a long enough rope to hang you with.

Big Red Ron
1/16/2006, 02:22 PM
this is backwards from the way i heard it.

eddie has turned in sampson about a 100 times over the last decade. the problem is that sampson is kind of like neuheisel with NCAA rules. he flutters between spirit and letter depending upon which serves him at the time. if they perceive a pattern, the NCAA just lets you go on until they have a long enough rope to hang you with.Exactly how I understand the situation.

MojoRisen
1/16/2006, 03:03 PM
Exactly how I understand the situation.

He definitely got ratted out by other big 12 coaches- AP sources

Collier11
1/16/2006, 03:06 PM
Well at least Dean Blevins says that the sanctions won't be severe. That gives me peace of mind.:rolleyes:

Blevins has no idea and shouldnt be commenting on if they are severe or not...this is the same crap that they nailed Mizzou for except this time its mainly the head coach doing it and not the assistants

MojoRisen
1/16/2006, 03:15 PM
Blevins has no idea and shouldnt be commenting on if they are severe or not...this is the same crap that they nailed Mizzou for except this time its mainly the head coach doing it and not the assistants

What were the sanctions on Mizzou for this- and I assume it will be the same or worse for Kelvin?

Collier11
1/16/2006, 03:46 PM
loss of schollys, loss of off campus recruiting, loss of phone calls, loss of some salary, it was pretty bad but the diff is that snyder didnt make the majority of the violations, his assistants did, in our case sampson did make the majority of violations so we could be in for it pretty bad

Collier11
1/16/2006, 03:47 PM
Im sure mizzou lost more than that, this is just what I remember off the top of my head

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2006, 03:55 PM
here are a couple of things to think about...

if your school is on probation, you can transfer anywhere without loss of eligibility. if your school is on probation, you can be let out of your LOI without penalty. the big 12 has set a precedent that they will waive transfer requirements within the conference for a school put on probation (baylor).

there is a good chance that some of our current recruits/players end up at texas and pokey state.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/16/2006, 04:20 PM
Missouri's penalties were relatively minor compared to what they would have been had they been able to conclusively determine that Lane Odom had paid off Ricky Clemons (as he probably did). There was no postseason ban. I believe they lost a scholarship and they were prohibited from recruiting off-campus for some time I believe. There could have been more limits as far as paid visits as well too, I'm not sure. The penalties weren't insignificant because MU took a pretty big hit in recruiting. Hansborough who was by all accounts an MU fan growing up didn't even give MU a thought and went to North Carolina.

MU's punishment was largely the amount of bad press they received, not so much from from NCAA sanctions. The NCAA waited seemingly forever to rule and while I think MU got off very lucky given all the shady things going on with Clemons (and their history with Bob Sunvold, Myron Pigge,etc) they did take a big black eye in reputation.

I'm more worried about the NCAA dragging the process on a long period of time than I am about a getting a 1-2 year postseason ban. Not to say the NCAA is consistant but MU had a player get 22 credit hours in 4-5 weeks, he went Latrell Sprewell on his girlfriend for the second time and violated probabation by crashing a four-wheeler at the University President's House. That is a serious lack of institutional control. Plus you figure Baylor had a cover-up in a murder investigation and they got a stiff penalty but that was relatively short too.

The NCAA can pretty much do what it wants but I think KS has built up some reputation by being an ambassador of the game, coaching US basketball, going to Iraq etc so I tend to think any NCAA penalties aren't going to be too stiff. I just hope they decide pretty quickly.

If we get no worse than MU gets, provided none of our 5 signees decommit, we will be able to weather it fairly easy. If it is worse then the NCAA could be out to make an example of us.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/16/2006, 04:23 PM
we self-imposed the missouri restrictions and it wasn't good enough for the NCAA. we are about to be made an example of...again.

PrideTrombone
1/16/2006, 05:20 PM
In other news, water is wet. And black people are more likely to celebrate MLK Day. :)

Collier11
1/16/2006, 05:25 PM
and some people shouldnt talk

MojoRisen
1/16/2006, 05:29 PM
we self-imposed the missouri restrictions and it wasn't good enough for the NCAA. we are about to be made an example of...again.

Is your basketball team not maximizing their potential?

Do you have difficulty scoring in tight games?

Are you a new coach, and not sure what types of plays will
make your team successful?

Are you a parent, looking to give your child the edge
over the competition?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, it's your lucky day.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone handed you a COMPLETE BASKETBALL PLAYBOOK when you walked into the gym with your team?

The dream has become a reality with my new four part ebook series:

"Basketball Coaching Toolbox"

MikeInNorman
1/16/2006, 05:30 PM
eddie has turned in sampson about a 100 times over the last decade.

How ironic that Eddie Sutton has the gall to turn in anyone for cheating.

SicEmBaylor
1/16/2006, 06:15 PM
Your self imposed penalties probably won't be enough for the NCAA. They weren't for us, but of course our infractions were considerably deeper than a few recruiting phone calls.

Anyway best of luck to your program. Hope things don't get too nasty.

william_brasky
1/17/2006, 12:37 AM
it's been my experience that rumors coming from Pokey State and those affiliated with Pokey State contain little, if any, truth.

crawfish
1/17/2006, 11:54 AM

They've made a FORTUNE off the fact we sued 'em in the 80's, despite their worst fears. They should be grateful. :mad:

TopDawg
1/19/2006, 10:04 AM
They've made a FORTUNE off the fact we sued 'em in the 80's, despite their worst fears. They should be grateful. :mad:

Nobody puts the NCAA in a corner! :mad:

william_brasky
1/19/2006, 11:06 AM
http://www.l-o-2.com/blog/images/Nobody%20Puts%20Baby%20In%20A%20Corner%20copy.jpg