PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Superbowl Commercial

pb4ou
1/16/2006, 12:07 AM
What are the best ones you liked?

pb4ou
1/16/2006, 12:36 AM
Did any one remember the Superbowl Commercial several years back when the birds were flying with "Top Gun's Danger Zone" music playing and they were targeting cars and pooping on them? That one was pretty good.

I also liked the one last year when the Chimp puts the woopie cushion on the executive's chair.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/16/2006, 12:43 AM
Did any one remember the Superbowl Commercial several years back when the birds were flying with "Top Gun's Danger Zone" music playing and they were targeting cars and pooping on them? That one was pretty good.
Yes, I remember that one, it was for Nissan.
I think the best Super Bowl commercials are those advertising soft drinks or beer.Pepsi's usually had the best ads (the dancing bears, the Coke worker who is filmed under survelliance swiping a Pepsi only to have the rest of the cans fall on him, and Ray Charles singing "You got the right one, baby.")

The Larry Bird-Michael Jordan one-on-one commercial for McDonald's was another memorable one. "Off the scoreboard, off the ceiling, nothing but net."

Nike's had a couple of pretty good ads, too. I liked the one they did that had all the famous sports announcers (Dick Vitale, Pat Summerall, Harry Caray) calling a game while using their catch phrases.

pb4ou
1/16/2006, 01:01 AM
The Bud light commercial with the guy's girlfriend's mom with the huge hips and butt was pretty rememberable.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/16/2006, 01:03 AM
The Bud light commercial with the guy's girlfriend's mom with the huge hips and butt was pretty rememberable.
Oh, and the Bud Light ad where the guy was sliding onto the bed to be with his girl and ended up sliding out of the window because the sheets were way too smooth.:D

pb4ou
1/16/2006, 01:04 AM
yeah, that was hilarious

Jimminy Crimson
1/16/2006, 01:12 AM
Any of the clydesdale ones.

I liked the GoDaddy one from last year? with the senate/congressional hearings. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
1/16/2006, 01:23 AM
I just thought of another one. That chimp from the E-Trade ads.

MamaMia
1/16/2006, 01:51 AM
I like the Pepsi commercial from about 1995 or '96 ish. It was the one with the 2 truck drivers sitting next to each other having supper at a roadside diner counter. They saw each others trucks so they glared at each other at first. One of them was hauling Coke. The other driver was hauling Pepsi. That song by the Youngbloods called 'Get Together' started playing on the jukebox. They both liked that song and started sharing the moment of the music together. Then they kind of started bonding by showing their childrens photos to each other and then they shared sips of each others pops, but when the Coke truck driver tasted the other guys Pepsi, he wouldnt give it back so things got real heated. :D

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 02:48 AM
Cat Herding

I don't even know what the company was, but they were herding cats.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/16/2006, 02:58 AM
Cat Herding

I don't even know what the company was, but they were herding cats.

EDS. Forgot about that ad, that was a classic.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/16/2006, 03:54 AM
Came across this site not too long ago.

http://ad-rag.com/sb.php

Unfortunately, you have to register and pay an international fee to view the ads. But the photos of the past ads should jog a few memories.

yermom
1/16/2006, 03:57 AM
the recent ones with the chimps in the office still make me LOL

"um, that phone didn't ring"

"i'm sorry.... i work with a bunch of monkeys"

jthomasou78
1/16/2006, 08:27 AM
A few that werent mentioned

the ones for Miller Lite where they took two sports and combined them like Full Contact Golf.

and of course....

Terry Tate Office Linebacker.