PDA

View Full Version : I have figured out McCoy and where he's going....

The Consumate Showman
1/15/2006, 11:55 PM
Guys, let's add 2 + 2 here...

Gerald has his choices narrowed down to 3, LSU, USC, and OU.

Okay, he tells everyone that one of the biggest factors surrounding his decision is academics (he is a good student w/a good GPA).

We know that this fact almost automatically shuts the door on LSU.

USC is not as well known for their academics as many other surrounding schools like UCLA, Stanford, Cal-Berkley, UC Davis, etc... basically, the hollywood college.

This SHOULD be a no brainer for McCoy if he REALLY is putting an emphasis on academics. If you've ever been to an OU FB game in Norman, you would know this. OU has more National Merit Semi-Finalists per capita than any other school in the country. OU is VERY well known for its academic prowess and if Gerald is REALLY serious about his grades, OU has to be the obvious choice of these three.(I think the 1 school we should've worried about is out of the picture, ND).

Com'on Gerlad......

BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/16/2006, 01:31 AM
I thought USC was a private school that was hard to get into ?

Doged
1/16/2006, 01:47 AM
I thought USC was a private school that was hard to get into ?

You are correct, sir. However, it's not hard to qualify for USC academically, just financially... and they'll happily tell you so, too. :rolleyes:

Ruuuuuufus
1/16/2006, 02:16 AM
SC academics have come a long way in the past 10 years. It is still one of the premier schools on the West Coast and has higher admission standards than OU.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/tier1/t1natudoc_brief.php

Also the most national merit scholars per capita thing is bounded to being among public universities.

Don't get me wrong, I think OU has the upper hand on McCoy for sure, but I wouldn't say it's because OU has a greater academic prowess than USC.

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 09:31 AM
higher admission standards or not, USC has another thing going against them...

location, location, location....

let's hope Momma McCoy has a little power of persuasion here. I'm sure she wants to watch her son play on Saturdays AND be able to see him periodically...OU has to be the most appealing here....

Great FB program, Great academics, and a short car ride from her son...