PDA

View Full Version : Movies you walked out on?

GDC
1/15/2006, 11:09 PM
Magnolia is the only one I can think of.

chriscappel
1/15/2006, 11:12 PM
Battlefield Earth....soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo horrible.....

pb4ou
1/15/2006, 11:14 PM
I've never walked out, I paid my $$$. I'll sit it out.

jk the sooner fan
1/15/2006, 11:14 PM
cant remember the name of it, but Robin Williams dies and goes to heaven, but his wife is in hell because she committed suicide......"what dreams may come" or something like that

just awful.....most depressing thing i've ever seen

Blue
1/15/2006, 11:18 PM
If my date wasn't enjoying it...Legally Blonde. Dumbest freakin' movie ever. I sat there and counted tiles on the ceiling.

OUthunder
1/15/2006, 11:19 PM
Hudsucker Proxy

chriscappel
1/15/2006, 11:19 PM
hehe thers Blue....

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/15/2006, 11:20 PM
cant remember the name of it, but Robin Williams dies and goes to heaven, but his wife is in hell because she committed suicide......"what dreams may come" or something like that

just awful.....most depressing thing i've ever seenOMG, I rented that piece of crap. It was like a train wreck (no pun intended). What Things May Come, I think.

In college I went with some guys from OBU to see Single White Female. We left during the "self love" scene

oumartin
1/15/2006, 11:20 PM
Blair Witch Project!

VeeJay
1/15/2006, 11:21 PM
Get Shorty. My gf wanted to leave because I'd fallen asleep.

Widescreen
1/15/2006, 11:22 PM
Kung Fu Shuffle. I heard it was supposed to be funny.

It wasn't.

oumartin
1/15/2006, 11:22 PM
Joe Vs. the Volcano was another one

sooneron
1/15/2006, 11:23 PM
Something Wild, I was in HS and I thought Melanie G was going to throw a lot of leg by the name of it and her previous role in Body Double. Got my money back.

soonerboomer93
1/15/2006, 11:39 PM
I feel asleep in stargate

Actually, everytime i see it, I fall asleep.

JohnnyMack
1/15/2006, 11:47 PM
Suburban Commando.

I win.

yermom
1/15/2006, 11:59 PM
i think i actually left Star Wars the first time i saw it... i don't remember it well, but this was in the 70's

now i'll see anything out, The Craft, Sister Act II, Speed II (don't ask)

i REALLY liked Magnolia, it was kinda long, but i think it's a great flick

King Crimson
1/16/2006, 12:02 AM
Something Wild, I was in HS and I thought Melanie G was going to throw a lot of leg by the name of it and her previous role in Body Double. Got my money back.

dude, the feelies are the house band at the prom (or the "big dance") in that flick.

but, that's a good rationale, i admit.

bigdsooner
1/16/2006, 12:02 AM
cant remember tha name of the movie but it was the one where the guy is a martial artist, and he punches a hole in a cow. was s'posed to be a comedy, i left about 5 minutes into it.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 12:06 AM
Kung Fu Shuffle. I heard it was supposed to be funny.
It wasn't.
'hustle' perhaps?

chriscappel
1/16/2006, 12:07 AM
Suburban Commando.

I win.

AND THE AWARD GOES TO.........................Johnny Mack!!

mikeelikee
1/16/2006, 12:09 AM
I didn't walk out on "Brokeback Mountain", and I won't ever walk out on it, because I won't ever walk INTO it.

MamaMia
1/16/2006, 12:46 AM
My college roommate and I walked out on The Godfather. It was the horse head thing. :P

Pulp Fiction was another.

yermom
1/16/2006, 01:16 AM
Pulp Fiction is a great film

if you can get past the graphic violence and language :P

GDC
1/16/2006, 01:23 AM

We didn't leave early, but after it was over my date asked how John Travolta came back to life.

I thought I would like Magnolia, but it seemed to just go on and on and on...

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/16/2006, 01:37 AM
Alexander was/is the worst movie ever made.

Boffingham
1/16/2006, 02:01 AM
Battlefield Earth
Gattica
In and Out
Dumb and Dumberer

soonerboomer93
1/16/2006, 02:16 AM
cant remember tha name of the movie but it was the one where the guy is a martial artist, and he punches a hole in a cow. was s'posed to be a comedy, i left about 5 minutes into it.

kung pow! is that movie

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 02:17 AM
Congo

Egeo
1/16/2006, 03:44 AM
kung pow! is that movie
ya, thats the only movie ive almost walked out on...

but ive heard from several sources battlefield earth was one of the worst ever

and finally, dr t and his women is 2 hours of my life ill never have back.... :(
my mother rented it and told me it would be good, so the family, gf and I watched it
very bad..

Octavian
1/16/2006, 03:53 AM
Punch Drunk Love -I'm still confused.
Bewitched -just awful.

Penguin
1/16/2006, 05:37 AM
Seven (or is it Se7en?)

Horrible movie. One of the worst movies to ever hit the theaters.

MojoRisen
1/16/2006, 08:38 AM

Wasn't Joe Poiscapo the kung fu bad guy in that one? Was that with the kung fu cow?

fadada1
1/16/2006, 09:11 AM
robojox.

went in high school. i was ****ED about going to that one!!!

most worstest movie EVAR!!!!

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 09:12 AM
Seven (or is it Se7en?)

eww eww eww

HER HEAD WAS IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!

:BARF:

Pieces Hit
1/16/2006, 09:14 AM
HERO

crawfish
1/16/2006, 09:17 AM
Legally Blonde 2.

For the record, my wife was the one who wanted to see it...I was gonna suffer though it, but she suggested we leave.

Can't believe Stargate, Gattaca and Seven made the lists here. Different strokes, I guess...

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 09:19 AM
GATTACA? that wasn't walk-out bad. Never saw Stargate, but Se7en sure was creepy

Howzit
1/16/2006, 09:26 AM
Annie Hall.

And, coincidentally, I had forgotten about this until last weekend when we went to see Match Point with Scarlett Johansson. Midway through the movie some young couple (with a smokin' hot chick) got up and left. I suddenly had a flashback to when my smokin' hot highschool gf and I walked out of Annie Hall.

achiro
1/16/2006, 09:33 AM
The only movie I've ever left early on:
When my wife and I were still dating we went to see moonstruck or something like that with Cher. We left early. I've never tried to watch it since so I don't know if we left early because the movie sucked or because we were horny.:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/16/2006, 09:33 AM
Annie Hall.

And, coincidentally, I had forgotten about this until last weekend when we went to see Match Point with Scarlett Johansson. Midway through the movie some young couple (with a smokin' hot chick) got up and left. I suddenly had a flashback to when my smokin' hot highschool bf and I walked out of Annie Hall.

Fixed it for you ;)

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 09:34 AM
Annie Hall.

And, coincidentally, I had forgotten about this until last weekend when we went to see Match Point with Scarlett Johansson. Midway through the movie some young couple (with a smokin' hot chick) got up and left. I suddenly had a flashback to when my smokin' hot highschool gf and I walked out of Annie Hall.

Never seen that movie and never will. I hate all things Woody Allen

critical_phil
1/16/2006, 09:35 AM
i've never walked out on one, but i've slept through many over the years. my kids say i was snoring during Are We There Yet?

i could never get in a deep sleep during Blair Witch Project. i did tell the person who claimed that to be the scariest movie evar to take her movie recommendations and shove them up her ***.

jeremy885
1/16/2006, 09:36 AM
Wayne's World 2. Even Tia Carrera couldn't save that one.

GDC
1/16/2006, 09:38 AM
i've never walked out on one, but i've slept through many over the years. my kids say i was snoring during Are We There Yet?

i could never get in a deep sleep during Blair Witch Project. i did tell the person who claimed that to be the scariest movie evar to take her movie recommendations and shove them up her ***.

I slept through Bandits, but I was drunk.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 09:58 AM
Gattica
You just didn't get it.;)

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 09:58 AM
Do you smell burnt feathers?

JohnnyMack
1/16/2006, 12:09 PM
Seven (or is it Se7en?)

?????

I vehemently disagree with your review.

Widescreen
1/16/2006, 12:32 PM
'hustle' perhaps?
Yeah that was it. It was so bad I even forgot the title.

skycat
1/16/2006, 01:06 PM
There are 7 or 8 movies in this thread that I would rate from pretty good (e.g. What Dreams May Come)to great (e.g. Gattaca).

I was with a bunch of people, but I really wanted to walk out of The 5th Element.

Rhino
1/16/2006, 01:23 PM
I don't think I've ever been ADD enough to walk out of a movie that I paid for.

Probably the only times I ever thought about it were during 54 (http://imdb.com/title/tt0120577/) or Leonard, Part 6 (http://imdb.com/title/tt0093405/) (that was on my 8th birthday).

Oldnslo
1/16/2006, 01:53 PM
You guys have forgotten the 5th Ring of Hell that was:

The Pledge

Yeah, it's got Jack Nicholson. It sucked *** on the mouth.

GDC
1/16/2006, 02:00 PM
Do you smell burnt feathers?

I think I may have also left Traffic early, but when you're drunk and out of booze, you do what you gotta do.

Soonrboy
1/16/2006, 02:02 PM
A River Runs Through It...and the movie we still call "the movie that shall not be named" - the amazing mr. ripley...

retch.

OklahomaTrombone
1/16/2006, 02:05 PM
28 Days Later

6th Sense

Dumb and Dumber-er

SnappyDaze
1/16/2006, 02:11 PM
I've never walked out on a movie, but I came really close during One Night at McCools

ChickSoonerFan
1/16/2006, 02:14 PM

I couldn't get past it...I admit it.

I got up and walked right out when they were tied up and gagged in the backroom/basement thing.

A couple of years later I rented it and watched the whole thing. Good movie I guess, just at the time it was more than I could handle. I think I was 6 weeks postpartum the first time and not a good idea.

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2006, 02:15 PM

Probably the only times I ever thought about it were during 54 (http://imdb.com/title/tt0120577/) or Leonard, Part 6 (http://imdb.com/title/tt0093405/) (that was on my 8th birthday).

would you turn off a bad movie that you rented?

MamaMia
1/16/2006, 02:22 PM
Punch Drunk Love -I'm still confused.
Bewitched -just awful.
I totally agree. I rented Punch Drunk Love and ejected it fairly soon.
Bewitched, I ordered on PPV and fell asleep from the boredom.

Stanley1
1/16/2006, 02:24 PM
I refuse to walk out of a movie that I paid for. I'ma at least take a nap in their cozy seats, or something.

OklahomaTrombone
1/16/2006, 02:25 PM
Sunk Costs...

Stanley1
1/16/2006, 02:28 PM
Sunk Costs...

NEVER!

yermom
1/16/2006, 02:39 PM
?????

I vehemently disagree with your review.

some people have weak stomachs apparently :D

yermom
1/16/2006, 02:44 PM
I couldn't get past it...I admit it.

I got up and walked right out when they were tied up and gagged in the backroom/basement thing.

A couple of years later I rented it and watched the whole thing. Good movie I guess, just at the time it was more than I could handle. I think I was 6 weeks postpartum the first time and not a good idea.

Pulp Fiction changed the way i watched movies, it opened my eyes or something.

after seeing it i actually took an interest in good movies, and indie films. that and i started actually thinking about what i was watching and what they are trying to say.

some of that might have had to do with starting college as well, i saw it over winter break my freshman year

Pricetag
1/16/2006, 03:01 PM
i think i actually left Star Wars the first time i saw it... i don't remember it well, but this was in the 70's

Dirty diaper, huh?

Pricetag
1/16/2006, 03:03 PM
I've never walked out on a movie, but I fell asleep during Rising Sun, with Sean Connery. The movie bored me to tears. I wish I could have walked out on Alive. Worst, annoyingly longest film ever.

We rented Natural Born Killers once, and didn't even make it ten minutes in before shutting it off.

yermom
1/16/2006, 03:11 PM
Dirty diaper, huh?

i was seriously young, i was born in '76

1stTimeCaller
1/16/2006, 03:12 PM
Saving Private Ryan and Blackhawk Down were the last two.

yermom
1/16/2006, 03:12 PM
We rented Natural Born Killers once, and didn't even make it ten minutes in before shutting it off.

another one written by Tarantino ;)

yeah 1TC, those sucked

the Normandy scene wasn't fully appreciated outside of the theater. i was seriously starting to try to keep my head down when i saw it

Taxman71
1/16/2006, 03:16 PM
I would have walked out of Lost In Translation had I known that Bill Murray was actually going to do an entire movie without being funny. Absolutely hideous.

Also, the Kevin Costner post-Dances With Wolves epics were horrid..Waterworld, The Postman, Wyatt Earp, etc.

Red October
1/16/2006, 03:18 PM
Soul Plane. guh...

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2006, 03:26 PM
Saving Private Ryan and Blackhawk Down were the last two.

you walked out of these?

the worst war movie i've ever seen was "big red one" - the new one......ugh

1stTimeCaller
1/16/2006, 03:27 PM
I was kidding.

I almost walked out of BHD for the reason that my seat was in the front row all the way to the right next to the wall and I had to turn my head to see the left third of the screen.

Rhino
1/16/2006, 03:43 PM
would you turn off a bad movie that you rented? The only rented movie that I've turned off was The Royal Tenenbaums (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265666/). I think that had more to do with my awakeness and less to do with the movie.

Though the movie didn't keep me interested enough to stay awake.

proud gonzo
1/16/2006, 04:06 PM
yeah, that's the only movie I've rented by choice and not watched the whole thing by choice.

IB4OU2
1/16/2006, 04:06 PM
Wimbledon and Alexander.........worst two movies ever made.

critical_phil
1/16/2006, 04:07 PM
alexander sure is getting a lot attention as the worst movie ever.

i guess you people never saw Troy .........

IB4OU2
1/16/2006, 04:11 PM
Troy was better even though it succed too.....

Penguin
1/16/2006, 04:24 PM
Technically, I didn't walk out on Se7en. I started getting up, but the gf insisted that I stayed.

The sloth dude pushed it over the edge. I wanted to vomit. But, at least the rest of the movie was so freakin' unbelievable, it became a comedy to me at the end. When some overacting dude gets on the radio and says, "Somebody call somebody!!!!!!!", I couldn't help but laugh. So, I guess I can say that the movie was so bad, it was funny. But, in no way will I ever consider it a "good movie."

silverwheels
1/16/2006, 04:27 PM
I haven't walked out of a movie yet. If I'm paying to watch it, I'm getting my money's worth.

And Alexander is much, much worse than Troy.

critical_phil
1/16/2006, 04:32 PM

since i never actually made it to the end of either, i guess i can't argue about it.

seems kind of petty anyway, like arguing which kind of terminal disease is worse than another.

Dio
1/16/2006, 04:34 PM
I wanted to get up and leave during Weatherman, but the wife and I toughed it out just to see how many other people would leave- we counted 10.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 04:54 PM
Not directed at anyone in partcular, but we have some seriously ADD people around here.

Go watch MTV and leave the intellectual movies to people who don't drool during the intro.

Penguin
1/16/2006, 07:36 PM
Not directed at anyone in partcular, but we have some seriously ADD people around here.

Go watch MTV and leave the intellectual movies to people who don't drool during the intro.

I guess it was a matter of time before people were attacked for having different opinions from the majority. :rolleyes:

Excuse me for having different standards than others when it comes to whether a movie entertains me or not.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 08:26 PM
I guess it was a matter of time before people were attacked for having different opinions from the majority. :rolleyes:

Excuse me for having different standards than others when it comes to whether a movie entertains me or not.
Which part of "Not directed at anyone in particular" do you not get?

Who said I identified with the majority?

Is Laura sleeping with Enrique?

Will we ever know the answers?

OklahomaTrombone
1/16/2006, 08:37 PM
I haven't walked out of a movie yet. If I'm paying to watch it, I'm getting my money's worth.

You paid to get into the theater....not to watch the movie.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 08:39 PM
so are you suggesting he wander around the lobby?

OklahomaTrombone
1/16/2006, 08:40 PM
Its a sunk cost and should have no bearing on the decision to leave or stay.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/16/2006, 08:41 PM
How on Earth could anyone walk out on Saving Private Ryan ?

It is arguably one of the best war movies ever made with arguably one of the greatest actors (Tom Hanks) we will ever see. Crazy people.....

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 08:42 PM
How on Earth could anyone walk out on Saving Private Ryan ?

It is arguably one of the best war movies ever made with arguably one of the greatest actors (Tom Hanks) we will ever see. Crazy people.....
they said they were joking about that a few posts later.

bigdsooner
1/16/2006, 08:44 PM
kung pow! is that movie

thats it...man what a gey movie

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/16/2006, 08:47 PM
they said they were joking about that a few posts later.

Oh....I read that and automatically went to reply box as quick as possible.

There are some things a man should just not joke about :)

TUSooner
1/16/2006, 08:52 PM
Believe it or not, I walked out of Taxi Driver when DeNiro started shooting up the bad guys. I'm not sure why, because I usually liked that stuff. By coincidence, I ran into my French teacher, Mme. Barlow, in the lobby; she had left at the same time I did.
I sort of involuntarily walked out of The Anderson Tapes waaaaay back. My friends' parents objected to the sexual content in the opening scene, so away we all went.

Penguin
1/16/2006, 09:14 PM
Oh, yeah. I walked out on Star Wars. I was 3 years old and when that spaceship started shooting lasers in the opening sequence, it scared the **** out of me and threw my coke all over myself and the poor person next to me. My mom took me home to change my clothes.

Also, I was offended by the glorification of intergalactic violence.

GDC
1/16/2006, 09:18 PM
Oh, yeah. I walked out on Star Wars. I was 3 years old and when that spaceship started shooting lasers in the opening sequence, it scared the **** out of me and threw my coke all over myself and the poor person next to me. My mom took me home to change my clothes.

Also, I was offended by the glorification of intergalactic violence.

I got showered with soda and popcorn by somebody behind me when the dead diver's head popped out in Jaws.

silverwheels
1/16/2006, 10:49 PM

I didn't pay to leave, either, did I? I'm not going to pay to watch 30 minutes of a movie and leave. If I can get into a different movie with no ushers watching the door, then I'll do that. But I'm not leaving the theater without seeing a movie.

KC//CRIMSON
1/17/2006, 01:13 AM

Word. I pay, I stay.

47straight
1/17/2006, 01:38 AM
I wanted to walk out of the front row seat of Wyatt Earp. Mostly to get away from my boring date. UG.

PhxSooner
1/17/2006, 02:06 AM
For some reason, I thought 1492 was going to be great. I fell asleep, had a great nap, woke up to at least one more hour of movie. Gah, Dances with Wolves...another nap.

I walked out of Mad Dog and Glory (I think that's the title), but it was a freebie. I had friends who worked at the AMC in Norman, and they were previewing after another movie. I decided homework was more interesting.

Jimminy Crimson
1/17/2006, 02:30 AM
I've walked out of a few, due to annoying and ignorant patrons, only to get a free ticket for the next showing. (and sometimes a free drink or popcorn, to boot!) :texan:

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2006, 02:32 AM
I'm so going to get neged for this but I walked out of the first Lord of the Rings. God help me I just hate that damn movie. After what seemed like an eternity of my life I'll never get back I told my girl/friend I was with that we were OUT of there. And then just as we got up the movie ended rather abruptly, but I still want credit for "walking out."

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2006, 02:39 AM
alexander sure is getting a lot attention as the worst movie ever.

i guess you people never saw Troy .........

God I went to see Troy with my dad and during the Brad Pitt sex scene he yells loud enough for everyone in the theater to hear "I bet he wished he had some Trojans now!"

joex2
1/17/2006, 05:04 AM
"The Doors" was the only movie I ever walked out on.

The list would be pretty longish of flicks I have fallen asleep during. Most recent would be Charlie and the Choc Factory. Actually we both fell asleep.

I kept nodding at Spiderman 2, and felt really guilty about it b/c the boy was so excited about seeing it. Then I looked at him and he was having the same trouble. That's when I realized that it was nowhere near the quality of Spiderman 1. Too much MJ love story, not nearly enough Doc Ock.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the comic books being anywhere near the unrequited love fest/MJ obsession that the movies are. Then again, the comic books back in the day weren't trying to pander to a female audience either.

Jerk
1/17/2006, 05:25 AM
My wife and I walked out of the last Jurrasic movie...I don't remember what it was called.

sanantoniosooner
1/17/2006, 10:02 AM
My wife and I walked out of the last Jurrasic movie...I don't remember what it was called.
Jurassic Pork?

JohnnyMack
1/17/2006, 10:32 AM

just awful.....most depressing thing i've ever seen

Depressing yes, but really underrated, but that's just me.