1/15/2006, 10:59 PM
Pooooooor domers

http://www.cancharlie.com/

BASSooner
1/15/2006, 11:07 PM
hilarious. First year of coaching and they are already b*tchin

AllAboutThe'O'
1/15/2006, 11:07 PM
I perused that site the other day, and it's pretty pathetic, if you ask me.
I think ND hit a home run hiring Weis and there's still a few misguided souls out there that think the Irish could do better.
Well, for starters, they could bring back Gerry Faust. Or Bob Davie.
Just goes to show you that no matter what school you root for, or who the coach is, there's still a minority that believe things aren't as good as they seem.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/15/2006, 11:11 PM
This is too weird! I thought Weiss was the second coming of Rockne/Leahy/Parsegian. I was sure pulling for them in one of their games this year. Something very strange about this website/campaign.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/15/2006, 11:17 PM
Also, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but if you go to www.fireurbanmeyer.com, it's actually weloveurbanmeyer.com. Florida fan started the site to take away the repeat of a www.fireronzook.com site.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/15/2006, 11:33 PM
They should hire Lester hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/15/2006, 11:33 PM
Could you imagine Lester with high academic standards eeeek

boomrsoonr
1/15/2006, 11:38 PM
I'm just thankful they didn't have Stoops on the list of prospective replacements. ;)

bigdsooner
1/15/2006, 11:47 PM
i like weiss, i thought what he did for that dying little kid, let'n him call the first play. i think he's done a good job... i just hate nd so i hope they lose all but 1 of their games each year.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/16/2006, 12:08 AM
They should hire Lester hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
www.firelsucoaches.com.

Texas Golfer
1/16/2006, 10:57 AM
I think Charlie Weis is the best thing to hit Notre Dame in many years. It's idiots like these that are going to be the demise of their beloved institutions. Every time they fire a coach it costs the university money and lots of it. They have to buy out the remainder of the coach's contract and usually have to pay his successor even more than they paid the coach they fired. Since Weis is only one year into his contract, it would cost Notre Dame million$.

I thought Weis did a great job of bringing Notre Dame back to the stature of their glory years and he did it in only one season. And they also came within an eyelash of beating the "best football team in history". If having one bad game is cause for firing at Notre Dame, I don't think they'd ever find a replacement for Weis should they fire him.

LSUdeek
1/16/2006, 11:09 AM
www.firelsucoaches.com.

:les: :les: :les:

I HOPE I'M WRONG AND WE GO 10-1 LIKE SO MANY OF YOU ARE SAYING. YOU CAN'T EXPECT TO WIN EVERY GAME EVERY YEAR...THAT'S JUST STUPID, HOWEVER YOU SHOULD EXPECT YOUR COACHES TO BE LEADERS AND MAKE COMPETITIVE DECISIONS.

The person who started that after the UT game never owned up.

OUGreg723
1/16/2006, 11:33 AM
I can't believe that. He takes them from a crap team to a BCS bowl in one year. The hardest thing to do is establish a good defense. ND will do that in the next few years. That might be the dumbest site I have ever seen.

OUTrumpet
1/16/2006, 11:54 AM
I love their choices for new coaches:

Peter Vaas
John Latina
Steve Mariucci
Jon Gruden
Les Miles
Steve Spurrier
Urban Meyer

GottaHavePride
1/16/2006, 12:00 PM
Also, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but if you go to www.fireurbanmeyer.com (http://www.fireurbanmeyer.com), it's actually weloveurbanmeyer.com. Florida fan started the site to take away the repeat of a www.fireronzook.com (http://www.fireronzook.com) site.

And if you go to www.firebobstoops.com it says "This website for sale" with a big Aggot logo.

OUstud
1/16/2006, 12:05 PM
I still think he's going to end his Irish career with a loss in some .com bowl.

irish96
1/16/2006, 12:15 PM
I've read this board for a few months now trying to get updates on McCoy (in the hopes that he was headed our way) and felt compelled to post re: cancharlie.com. The site is a hoax and nothing more...it has been investigated by many techies from several ND message boards and most people have come to the conclusion that it was started not by an irish fan/alum but rather, by someone who hates ND and just wants to stir up controversy. Most of us (if not all) know Weis has already done great things for the program and will continue to do so in the future. You'd be hard-pressed to find an irish fan anywhere who wants to replace him.

Anyway, congrats on McCoy (if the rumors are true) - he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

westcoast_sooner
1/16/2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah, where is all the love of the domers coming from? A few weeks ago, everyone was up in arms because they have a special deal with the BCS, and got in despite feeling that perhaps the Ducks would be a more deserving team.

As for Weis, he has indeed done a good job, but remember that Willingham's first year was a good one, and that after that, the domers faltered for two straight seasons (at least that meant that they didn't perform up to expectations). Willingham was 10-3 his first year, then went 5-7 and 6-6.

LifelongSooner
1/16/2006, 12:58 PM
The site is a hoax and nothing more...it has been investigated by many techies from several ND message boards and most people have come to the conclusion that it was started not by an irish fan/alum but rather, by someone who hates ND and just wants to stir up controversy.

That really narrows it down a lot. notre dame has so few enemies. :rolleyes:

1/16/2006, 01:07 PM
GO SC!! STOMP THE EVERLOVIN' BEJEEZIS OUT OF THE DOMERS NEXT SEASON, SOS WE CAN GET SOME FIRE BEHIND THE CANCHARLIE WEB SITE!!!

OUthunder
1/16/2006, 02:16 PM
Bring back Holtz.

snp
1/16/2006, 06:55 PM
If ND weren't my second favorite school, then I'd agree. I think
PC should be fired as well. Weis is an awesome coach and would cause problems if we ever met up in a National Championship game.

But most of you guys hate ND so you probably agree with that site.

Texas Golfer
1/16/2006, 07:04 PM
PC should be fired as well. Weis is an awesome coach and would cause problems if we ever met up in a National Championship game.

But most of you guys hate ND so you probably agree with that site.

I don't much care for ND but I still think that site is crap.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/16/2006, 10:10 PM
I voted for Les Miles, he is third at 17%...;)

Sonner magic923
1/16/2006, 11:11 PM
That just pure stupidity on there part, I mean what do they want? He took over a program that has been struggling for some time, with players recruited by someone else and for another system. yet he still gets them to BCS bowl and makes Brady Quin into a real Heisman cannadite . A coach can only do so much!!

Just curious but is there any sites like this towards Stoops?

1/16/2006, 11:12 PM

But most of you guys hate ND so you probably agree with that site.:confused: Having domer as your "second favorite school" is like having aggy or whorns as the same. If it works for you, that's good. Besides all the other considerations, I get NAUSEATED with all the adulation the domers get from the media. This is magnified when you compare their treatment to that which the Sooners get. I'll be pulling against them, as usual.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/18/2006, 04:55 PM
I have a friend who is an administrator in St Louis. Weiss was at his school today trying to pry a recruit away that is committed to Neb. My friend thought Weiss had some snake oil salesman in him because he was suggesting that the facilities at the school could be improved, like it was a priority for him.
Anyway Callahan is supposed to be at the school tommorrow, presumably to keep another one of his recruits from jumping. I told my friend to wear some chain mail around his neck tommorrow.:D

NDIrish
1/23/2006, 07:57 PM
You are blind if you cant tell that website is not a Domer. It is some 12 year old who thinks he is cool making people think that other people want Charlie Weis fired.

worstcallofalltime
1/23/2006, 08:43 PM
You are blind if you cant tell that website is not a Domer. It is some 12 year old who thinks he is cool making people think that other people want Charlie Weis fired.
Blind f'in hillbillies, that's what we are

snp
1/23/2006, 08:47 PM
:confused: Having domer as your "second favorite school" is like having aggy or whorns as the same. If it works for you, that's good. Besides all the other considerations, I get NAUSEATED with all the adulation the domers get from the media. This is magnified when you compare their treatment to that which the Sooners get. I'll be pulling against them, as usual.

Not really. We're not rivals with ND, like we are with UT and fOSU.

And I grew up on ND football. My first memory of football is The Rocket and the ND/Colorado game. My dad's whole side of the family went there and they are always going to be a favorite of mine.

Sorry.

1/23/2006, 09:41 PM
Not really. We're not rivals with ND, like we are with UT and fOSU.

And I grew up on ND football. My first memory of football is The Rocket and the ND/Colorado game. My dad's whole side of the family went there and they are always going to be a favorite of mine.

Sorry.Condolences. Read "The Undefeated".:mad: