PDA

View Full Version : Tragic events

LifelongSooner
1/15/2006, 09:20 PM
Prayers needed, I'm sure.

STILLWATER, Okla. – A gunman opened fire at an off-campus student party at a Stillwater hotel early Sunday, killing one person and injuring three others, police said.

The shooting occurred after two men attempted to enter the invitation-only party at a Stillwater Holiday Inn about 3 a.m. Sunday, said Lt. Michael Metcalf. When the men were denied entry, one of the men pulled out a handgun and fired several shots at partygoers inside the hotel room.

"Apparently, the suspect and another individual showed up and tried to crash the party," Metcalf said. "When the people that were hosting the party said that it was by invitation only, an argument ensued and (the suspect) fired several shots into the room."

Paul Shanor, 21, a University of Oklahoma student, was shot in the chest and later died at a Stillwater hospital, Metcalf said.

Legaria R. Thomas, 19, a student at Oklahoma State University, was shot in the face and was listed in critical condition Sunday at the OU Medical Center, police said.

Curtis L. Canady, a 22-year-old Langston University student, was shot in the hand. He was treated and released from a Stillwater hospital.

A fourth victim, who wasn't identified, was shot in the back and was in critical condition Sunday at the OU Medical Center, Metcalf said.

Police are searching for Karras Mitchell Harrison, 21, of Oklahoma City, in connection with the shooting. Harrison is described as a black male, 6-feet tall, about 165 pounds. Metcalf said he believes Harrison may be in the Oklahoma City area.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/011606dntexokshooting.74595a6.html

OU-HSV
1/15/2006, 09:24 PM
Wow..that's just crazy.

Scott D
1/15/2006, 09:29 PM
Anybody know Prentiss Elliott's whereabouts?

Jimminy Crimson
1/15/2006, 09:44 PM
I'm shocked there's no mention of Whataburger...

Sooner98
1/15/2006, 09:50 PM
People suck.

People with guns and a bad attitude suck even more.

:(

Cam
1/15/2006, 10:02 PM
stupid people succ

afs
1/15/2006, 10:14 PM
I'm shocked there's no mention of Whataburger...

but Langston is.

goingoneight
1/15/2006, 10:17 PM
All I can say is sorry if anyone I knew or anyone you all might know was hurt or killed, but this stuff happens everyday, just watch the news.

StoopTroup
1/15/2006, 10:39 PM
I used to think video games were the reason these kids today went on shooting rampages...

I'm not sure I was right about that.

It has to be exposure to violence...

http://www.zianet.com/boje/vc/pistolpete2.jpg

Jason White's Third Knee
1/15/2006, 11:10 PM
:stunned:I am stunned.:stunned:

olevetonahill
1/15/2006, 11:13 PM
I hate aggies ! but not that bad :eek:
Prayers to the families

Texas Golfer
1/16/2006, 12:03 AM
Young college kids minding their own business shouldn't be killed.

May the deceased rest in peace. May God grant peace to their families. And may God heal the wounded.

mikeelikee
1/16/2006, 12:05 AM
This really sucks. My son played baseball with Paul Shanor at Booker T. Washington in Tulsa. My heart and prayers go out to his family.

Big Red Ron
1/16/2006, 12:11 AM
Sooners shouldn't let Sooners go slumin in Stillwater.

Tailwind
1/16/2006, 12:12 AM
That sucks! My sympathies to the families and I hope the other kids make it ok.

LoyalFan
1/16/2006, 02:50 AM
Mmmmmmmmm...Capital Punishment!
It's what's for breakfast.

Ekshully, I hope the bastidge is gunned down in a shootout with the gendarmes. Saves taxpayers' money. Oh, wait! If the cop that plugs 'im is a white cop, then we'll have Jesse Jerkson up our spout. Well, that's OK.

LoyalFaninator

Readyfor8
1/16/2006, 03:10 AM
I'm suprised by some of the callousness shown in this thread. My thoughts and best wishes go out to the families affected by these tragic events.

LoyalFan
1/16/2006, 03:28 AM
I'm suprised by some of the callousness shown in this thread. My thoughts and best wishes go out to the families affected by these tragic events.

Well, I'm with you, but I needed to vent my SINCERE wish for the puke that pulled the trigger. I think you'll find that, when it comes down to basics, our SoonerFan "family" is as compassionate as any other.
Respectfully,
LF

olevetonahill
1/16/2006, 03:30 AM
Can any one confirm this ?

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/16/2006, 08:34 AM
Can any one confirm this ?

http://www.newsok.com/article/1734734/?template=home/main

fadada1
1/16/2006, 08:44 AM
i sincerely hope justice prevails here. provoked or unprovoked, this is no way for humans to treat each other.

B1rd
1/16/2006, 11:04 AM
Being of Parental or Grandparental age I say, what are you doing up at 3AM?

olevetonahill
1/16/2006, 01:23 PM
http://www.newsok.com/article/1734734/?template=home/main
Thanks for the link . I looked last nite and didnt see anything .

Sooner_Bob
1/16/2006, 03:47 PM
All I can say is sorry if anyone I knew or anyone you all might know was hurt or killed, but this stuff happens everyday, just watch the news.

It may happen everyday, but it doesn't happen everyday in my backyard.

Collier11
1/16/2006, 03:52 PM
why are people so F*ckin stupid!! Not only do you take a life, you alter several hundred as well as send yourself to prison over a party, a damn party. This is sad and equally it angers me, God bless the victims

Collier11
1/16/2006, 11:15 PM
OMG!! I just saw the guys picture on the News, I played basketball with Paul several times last semester and over Christmas break, he was a really good guy and was funny as hell to talk to. This makes it that much more sad for me, he was going to law school soon and this guy was merely in the wrong place at the wrong time and probably didnt even see it coming. I hope justice is served for this guy, he deserves it.

bigdsooner
1/16/2006, 11:20 PM
why are people so F*ckin stupid!! Not only do you take a life, you alter several hundred as well as send yourself to prison over a party, a damn party. This is sad and equally it angers me, God bless the victims

exactly