PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Colts/Refs = OU vs. Opponents/Refs

lexsooner
1/15/2006, 04:46 PM
Dang, I thought I was watching OU, circa 2005, late season, almost snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with some help from the referees. Did Bettis on the goal line fumbling remind you of AD against Oregon, or what? Did the NFL import the OU-Tech referees from the Big XII? That overturned interception was one of the worst overturns I have ever seen. What in the heck clear and convincingly showed an incomplete pass?

Cam
1/15/2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah, the Steelers almost got screwed on that one. They deserved the win today.

BigHouseDon
1/15/2006, 04:55 PM
Dang, I thought I was watching OU, circa 2005, late season, almost snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with some help from the referees. Did Bettis on the goal line fumbling remind you of AD against Oregon, or what? Did the NFL import the OU-Tech referees from the Big XII? That overturned interception was one of the worst overturns I have ever seen. What in the heck clear and convincingly showed an incomplete pass?

They claim that after rolling about 15 feet with the pick he lost the ball before his knee got off the ground...... There was a lot of yelling and bitchin here about that one. Clearly some home field officiating going on there. I think the NFL was bound and determined to get its favorite son into the superbowl. And the Steelers came close to obliging. I guess the kicker missed his first ever homefield kick....maybe there is a god after all. ;)

BHD

Sonner magic923
1/15/2006, 04:57 PM
what about the false start that caused indy to jump off sides then absolutly nothing was called. I mean what kind of excuse did they possibly have.

Brasky7
1/15/2006, 04:58 PM
i for one found it very entertaining that even w/ all the help they got from the men in stripes that Manning and the Colts aren't goin anywhere thanks to whom:

their "Idiot Kicker"... :D

if only i could've typed that w/ a Ward Burton-esque hillbilly drawl...

goingoneight
1/15/2006, 06:16 PM

I don't necessarily think so... Tech kind of has a horseshoe-shaped endzone, and a home-field ruling that states plays can be made after you are down...

worstcallofalltime
1/15/2006, 06:49 PM
"We had some protection problems"

OUinFLA
1/15/2006, 07:01 PM
"We had some protection problems"

to go with the kicking problem.

Nice job blaming your offensive line there Payton.
Ill bet they want to take you to dinner too.

jacru
1/15/2006, 08:19 PM
unlike OU v. tech, the better team won today.

Cam
1/15/2006, 09:02 PM
what about the false start that caused indy to jump off sides then absolutly nothing was called. I mean what kind of excuse did they possibly have.
That one was very strange. I'm guessing that crew's done for the season. Then again, if the NFL rates their officials like the Big 12 does, we'll be seeing the same crew at the Super Bowl.

zeke
1/15/2006, 09:48 PM
At the begining of this years football season I thought that the refs in Oklahoma High School games needed more training. (And they DO need it)

OU plays TT and I see that college refs need more of the same.

Now as all football is nearing the end of another year, I realize that refs in ALL parts of the game, and the instant replay guys, need something. Training, held responsible for bad calls, something.

85sooners
1/15/2006, 10:00 PM
no more replays if thats what there gonna do with it ,retards no no interception my ***