PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Malcom Williams

NickZeppelin
1/15/2006, 03:38 PM
5-10 DB out of Grand Prarie Texas has decommitted to Texas A&M and is going to OU.

BillyBall
1/15/2006, 03:40 PM
5-10 DB out of Grand Prarie Texas has decommitted to Texas A&M and is going to OU.

Link?

Dont do a rumor from a friend this time like Demarco Murray man, although that rumor did work itself out....:O

NickZeppelin
1/15/2006, 03:50 PM
It's all over scout and rivals.

Big Red Ron
1/15/2006, 05:56 PM
Welcome Malcolm!

http://dallasnews.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=38250&Sport=1

4everasooner
1/15/2006, 06:08 PM
If it'srue, welcome my man.

trwxxa
1/15/2006, 06:22 PM
Huge blow to aTm. He committed to them last Spring and the Aggies have been doing everything to hold on to this kid.

To paraphrase his thoughts, as read on a subscription site.

1. aTm talks about winning. OU wins.
2. Coach Fran may be gone in a couple of years. Stoops is not going anywhere.

sooner13f
1/15/2006, 07:02 PM
Wow a true DB! Great pick up. Did anyone see this one coming?

trwxxa
1/15/2006, 09:17 PM
Stoops & Co. had been pushing pretty hard for a while. Williams took his official right before Christmas and then reaffirmed his commitment to the Aggies. Not much news since then until this weekend.

Big John
1/15/2006, 10:00 PM
40-yard dash: 4.48 seconds
I'm not the fastest on the field but I get there." -South Grand Prairie safety Malcolm Williams

Yeah, your not that fast, but you still manage.:rolleyes:

Big John
1/15/2006, 10:05 PM
I bet Bobby Jack Wright plays him at corner because of his size. I'm glad he chose OU.

Tidefan36854
1/17/2006, 05:45 PM
Huge blow to aTm. He committed to them last Spring and the Aggies have been doing everything they can to get this kid to hold the rope.

To paraphrase his thoughts, as read on a subscription site.

1. aTm talks about winning. OU wins.
2. Coach Fran may be gone in a couple of years. Stoops is not going anywhere.

Fixed:D

okienole3
1/13/2007, 09:47 AM
What ever happened to this guy?

yermom
1/13/2007, 10:37 AM
he got baned because he talked **** about Stoops all the time

The Consumate Showman
1/13/2007, 11:04 AM
What ever happened to this guy?

He's been assistant coaching at McAlester High School this past fall.

Next, he'll be taking the Texas TAKS test for science Feb 22 to meet his last requirements for Texas HS graduation.

As long as he passes the test, he'll be here for summer workouts.

I know it may sound like he is dumb or challenged, but I woudn't say that right now because Oklahoma is working their way toward exit exams in HS and when that happens...well, I hope our kids can pass the tests, too.

BTW, Daniel Tabon is on campus and working with the team now. He successfully completed the fall semester with passing grades so it's good to hear that he has overcome all of his hurdles and is on track now.

starrca23
1/13/2007, 01:36 PM
Ya, as a teacher I can tell you when the exit exam comes a lot of kids will be in trouble.

Collier11
1/13/2007, 01:44 PM
good good good for both of them!!!

The Consumate Showman
1/13/2007, 02:03 PM
Ya, as a teacher I can tell you when the exit exam comes a lot of kids will be in trouble.

What do you teach and where? I teach, too.

BASSooner
1/13/2007, 02:16 PM
I remember taking exit exams back at home in fort worth, TX. They sucked and honestly I don't see any point to them.

The Consumate Showman
1/13/2007, 05:58 PM
I remember taking exit exams back at home in fort worth, TX. They sucked and honestly I don't see any point to them.

To prove you've learned something.

I think it's just as much a "validating" test for teachers and schools as it is for students.

okienole3
1/13/2007, 06:06 PM

I think it's just as much a "validating" test for teachers and schools as it is for students.

That's exactly what it is.

chbrew09
1/13/2007, 06:11 PM

exit exams will definetely be trouble for a lot of kids...I'm from San Antonio and while I didn't find them too hard at all (not trying to brag or anything...they just weren't that hard), passing rates for the tests in a lot of the inner city schools were very low so many of the students never even graduated HS because of the exams...it's kind of sad for those students because they end up dropping out simply because they can't pass the test and have to stay in high school for another year or two until they graduate (aka pass the test)

chbrew09
1/13/2007, 06:15 PM

I don't know if anybody watches "The Wire"...particularly season 4, but teachers in under-privileged schools are told to teach so the students will pass the test instead of teaching them simply for them to learn. While I know a lot of teachers don't do this it's true in a lot of places and I have two friends whos parents have to do exactly this as teachers.

On another note...I really hope Malcolm Williams can pull it together because it sounded like he was a nice talent for OU to have and I am DEFINETELY happy Tabon made it through his first semester. He is going to be a stud if he can pull his work ethic together also

BASSooner
1/13/2007, 06:31 PM
exit exams will definetely be trouble for a lot of kids...I'm from San Antonio and while I didn't find them too hard at all (not trying to brag or anything...they just weren't that hard), passing rates for the tests in a lot of the inner city schools were very low so many of the students never even graduated HS because of the exams...it's kind of sad for those students because they end up dropping out simply because they can't pass the test and have to stay in high school for another year or two until they graduate (aka pass the test)
oh i know, they were not too hard for me either. I just don't like them at all. Part of it is because I just didn't think it was fair because there are people out there who are not good test-takers at all and that is not their fault. To think that a person who has a 4.0 GPA and can't graduate is stupid. I can understand to back this up that there are people that have not tried in school and still made good grades, however, the bad test-takers arguement still comes in. I have a lot of friends who can't take tests well at all.

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2007, 06:34 PM

I think it's just as much a backdoor attempt to fund parochial schools with federal money.

Fixed that for you, no charge.

The Consumate Showman
1/13/2007, 08:24 PM
I don't know if anybody watches "The Wire"...particularly season 4, but teachers in under-privileged schools are told to teach so the students will pass the test instead of teaching them simply for them to learn. While I know a lot of teachers don't do this it's true in a lot of places and I have two friends whos parents have to do exactly this as teachers.

On another note...I really hope Malcolm Williams can pull it together because it sounded like he was a nice talent for OU to have and I am DEFINETELY happy Tabon made it through his first semester. He is going to be a stud if he can pull his work ethic together also

I think a lot of teachers are already doing this in Oklahoma for the End of Instruction tests they have in the 8th, 10th and 11th grades. It will only get worse if exit exams are passed...err, excuse me, when they are passed.

I think it's a joke to have schools held to standards based on standardized tests. There ARE a lot of kids that simply do not do well on tests. I had a friend that was a straight A student. Was number 2 in his class. Never had a problem at all in school. But, when it came to the ACT test or any kind of standardized test, he would bomb it...big time. I think a little research can find similarities between test anxiety and doctor anxiety. You know, when you go to the doctor and your blood pressure and pulse go WAY up unnaturally? I have this problem. I take my blood pressure at home and it is at normal levels all the time. But when I go to my doctor, it is elevated...sometimes to almost alarming rates. Sorry for the rant. Bye.

The Consumate Showman
1/13/2007, 08:25 PM
Fixed that for you, no charge.

Thanks! I liked that! Heh! :D

goingoneight
1/15/2007, 12:41 AM
So does anyone know what NickZepp thinks of the 2006 season? I mean, he did have doubts that we'd make it to a bowl game and all :D...

KingDavid
1/15/2007, 05:31 PM
So does anyone know what NickZepp thinks of the 2006 season? I mean, he did have doubts that we'd make it to a bowl game and all :D...

Careful what you ask for, brother. The last thing we want is NickZepp's opinions starting to float around here again.

Fraggle145
1/15/2007, 06:14 PM
Dont know how this turned into a thread about standardized tests... but my two cents are that I think that exit exams although ghey are necessary. ACTs, SATs, all standardized tests contrary to popular belief can be studied for and practiced. I did really well on standardized tests, but I also practiced my *** off for them. You can get practice books, programs for computers, etc... Now the fact that these resources arent available to everyone is a different issue. Also You can get exemptions for time components of the test if you get a doctor to diagnose with a disorder relating to anxiety in pressure sitautions etc... In the curent academic climate one of the big issues nobody talks about is grade inflation. and yes it does happen in high school and college because teachers and profs are expected to turn out results and if your students are failing then that can be considered a reflection of ones teaching abilities. thats another reason those tests are necessary... just saying.

btw so is this kid coming this upcoming year?

FrostySooner
1/17/2007, 06:37 PM
Where is Malcolm Williams right now? I notice he is not on the roster. Is he another one that couldn't make the grade?

Another one I am wondering about is Daniel Tabon??? Where is he at???

The Consumate Showman
1/17/2007, 11:19 PM
Malcolm will be here at summer time if he passes his TAKS test.

Daniel is on campus and with the team.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/18/2007, 10:16 AM
5-10 DB out of Grand Prarie Texas has decommitted to Texas A&M and is going to OU. Bob Stoops just isn't a very good coach. I like to pick up schedules and see how manyt games we might lose next year. Also I like to lick the ball sweat off of armadillos.

Thanks for sharing Nick.

fwsooner22
1/18/2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/taks/booklets/math/g11.pdf

If anyone is interested the above link is to last years math exit (Taks) exam.

lcaldwell1
1/19/2007, 02:51 AM
sorry guys but im a little behind on this guy...who is he?

Collier11
1/19/2007, 03:21 AM
He committed last year to OU then had some grade problems I think, supposed to be really good apparently

Collier11
1/19/2007, 03:22 AM
Here ya go caldwell

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=1444141

lcaldwell1
1/19/2007, 06:59 PM
thanks for the link collier

PLaw
1/21/2007, 12:35 AM
40-yard dash: 4.48 seconds
I'm not the fastest on the field but I get there." -South Grand Prairie safety Malcolm Williams

Yeah, your not that fast, but you still manage.:rolleyes:

If this kid is from So. GP, then his D-Coordinator, Rob Davies, is one solid dude. The entire So. Grand Prarie staff came intact from Owasso when the HC took over in '00 or '01. They are a bunch of class guys that work hard, develop players, and do it the right way.

Boomer Sooner

FrostySooner
1/30/2007, 01:01 AM
I was looking at the roster and saw another commit last year not there. Where is Chad Roark? Did he decide to go elsewhere or is he still with the team?

MojoRisen
1/30/2007, 01:04 AM
I was looking at the roster and saw another commit last year not there. Where is Chad Roark? Did he decide to go elsewhere or is he still with the team?

I think he transfered to Nebraska and sat out a year- had an argument with a coach or something... couldn't take schmidty...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/30/2007, 09:17 AM
sorry guys but im a little behind on this guy...who is he?

He is the smell that is left over after you are licked by a Vietnamese Pot-belly pig. Oh, you mean Malcom Williams, not Zepp...

nevermind.

LittleWingSooner
1/30/2007, 10:04 AM

He's in Nebraska. Malcolm Williams is now on the team and will start playing in the spring last I heard.

insuranceman_22
1/30/2007, 11:12 PM
What's the latest on Von Miller, texas a&m commit, he was in Norman over the weekend? Did we make any headway on him? I think he'd be a nice addition, plus DeSoto is supposed to have some good talent in the 08 class. Open the door to the future a little.......