PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you say....HUH???

Sooner24
1/15/2006, 12:37 AM
So I'm at Reed Arena today and go to the concession stand before the game. I order some nachos with extra peppers and a Coke. The girl informs me that they don't have peppers for their nachos. I informed her that without peppers they are just selling chips and cheese. I then ordered a brats and didn't get the Aggie chips and cheese. If I were in Ohio or New Jersey or Virginia I might not be surprise to hear they didn't serve peppers on the nachos but not in FRICKIN TEXAS!!!! :mad:

What a bunch of Aggies.

chriscappel
1/15/2006, 01:11 AM
uhhh....

Jimminy Crimson
1/15/2006, 01:48 AM
A&M is white bread.

I wouldn't expect any different.

the_ouskull
1/15/2006, 02:37 PM
They sell jalapenos at McDonald's in Texico and they don't have them at their nicest basketball venue?

the_ouskull

sooneron
1/15/2006, 03:38 PM
So I'm at Reed Arena today and go to the concession stand before the game. I order some nachos with extra peppers and a Coke. The girl informs me that they don't have peppers for their nachos. I informed her that without peppers they are just selling chips and cheese. I then ordered a brats and didn't get the Aggie chips and cheese. If I were in Ohio or New Jersey or Virginia I might not be surprise to hear they didn't serve peppers on the nachos but not in FRICKIN TEXAS!!!! :mad:

What a bunch of Aggies.
Nachos come with as many Jallies as you can choke down at the meadowlands, btw.

f'in hillbilly

King Crimson
1/15/2006, 04:04 PM

What a bunch of Aggies.

that's insanity. i posted before about having to ask for more j's on my nachos at the LNC.

but that's a criminal thing...or something. what?

Sooner T-Bone
1/16/2006, 01:15 PM
It was a nice venue, but before the game we hit Freebirds for burritos!

So the only thing we got was a Dr. P!

Sooner04
1/16/2006, 01:49 PM
Get married and all of a sudden 24 doesn't call you for BBall roadtrips anymore.

For shame.

Sooner24
1/17/2006, 12:36 AM
Get married and all of a sudden 24 doesn't call you for BBall roadtrips anymore.

For shame.

This was a weekend getaway with the wife.

I did get you a scorecard though. :D

Sooner24
1/19/2006, 11:43 PM
Well I am headed to Waco for the OU/Baylor womens game Sat. and they better have jalapenos or I will know that I have been transported to "The Twilight Zone"!!!!

http://westernstandard.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/rod_serling.jpg:eek:

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2006, 03:50 AM
Well I am headed to Waco for the OU/Baylor womens game Sat. and they better have jalapenos or I will know that I have been transported to "The Twilight Zone"!!!!

Well have fun at the big brass tit and good luck with the jalapenos.

And hey I don't know if you've been down here before or not, but getting to the Ferrell Center is a piece of cake.
From I-35s take the University Parks Drive exit (its just as you get to Clifton Robinson Tower on the right) then turn left at the light at the end of the exit ramp onto University Parks Drive. The Ferrel Center is the big round dome building on the left hand side. Can't miss it. =)

This is the sports complex area of the campus (minus the football stadium)with the tennis stadium, softball field, baseball field, marina, and Ferrel Center. On the left side of the street are Baylor's Mayborn Museum (good place to go if you have kids it's sort of like the Omniplex), the Alumni Center, and the law school. On the right hand side is the North-Northeast section of the main Baylor campus including the new residential village, the music building, and the new science building at the very end opposite the Ferrell Center all visible from University Parks.
Anyway, if you've already been down here before then sorry for the above tour. :D
Hope you have a good time!

AustinTXHorn
1/20/2006, 06:35 AM

See you there. Kind of. Texas/Baylor men's game that afternoon.

NormanPride
1/20/2006, 11:42 AM
Well have fun at the big brass tit and good luck with the jalapenos.

Isn't that the one that has some sort of optical illusion? Like it gets smaller the closer you get to it?

SicEmBaylor
1/20/2006, 02:44 PM
Isn't that the one that has some sort of optical illusion? Like it gets smaller the closer you get to it?

Well, I'm not sure. Look at an aerial shot and you can draw your own conclusions.

http://www.baylor.edu/ferrell_center/images/front4.jpg

NormanPride
1/20/2006, 03:45 PM
Silly Baptists and their repressive lifestyle. ;)

King Crimson
1/20/2006, 04:05 PM
Well, I'm not sure. Look at an aerial shot and you can draw your own conclusions.

http://www.baylor.edu/ferrell_center/images/front4.jpg

is that that old dry cleaners on the east side of 1-35 in Moore?

Sooner24
1/21/2006, 12:54 AM
See you there. Kind of. Texas/Baylor men's game that afternoon.

Don't eat all the peppers!!!

AustinTXHorn
1/21/2006, 02:03 AM
Don't eat all the peppers!!!
Ferrell Center peppers? I think I'll leave them to you. ;)

SicEmBaylor
1/21/2006, 03:31 AM
I honestly have no clue if we serve peppers at the Ferrell center or not. I'm pretty sure I've seen people eating them at the Case so if they serve them there surely they serve them at the brass tit.

Anyway you guys that are going let us know how your trip was.

AustinTXHorn
1/21/2006, 09:45 PM
Just got back from Waco and I had fun. I was in the traveling student section kinda behind one of the baskets.

Baylor looked pretty good. First game where they didn't completely wear down in the 2nd half, although they started to late.

Completely shut down Tucker and Aldridge. Luckily Gibson is reaching his potential again at the 2.

MiccoMacey
1/21/2006, 09:53 PM
It was a nice venue, but before the game we hit Freebirds for burritos!

So the only thing we got was a Dr. P!

Freebird rocks!!!

Best burritos anywhere.

By far.

Did you get the Monster?

Sooner24
1/22/2006, 02:58 AM
:mad: MAKE IT TWO PLACES IN FRICKIN TEXAS WHERE THEY DON'T HAVE PEPPERS FOR THE NACHOS!!!! BUT THE GIRL SAID THE CHEESE WAS KIND OF SPICEY.:mad:

Sooner24
1/22/2006, 03:00 AM
On the bright side my neighbor hit a two and two threes, scoring the last eight points of the game, for OU, to beat Baylor 73-70!!! :D