PDA

View Full Version : Income tax w00t!

GottaHavePride
1/15/2006, 12:02 AM
I just realized I can deduct expenses relating to a job search! That rocks, because I've got at least $1,000 of that kind of expenses in the past year.

OUAndy1807
1/15/2006, 12:06 AM
spats and bowties don't count as business expenses.

Okla-homey
1/15/2006, 12:07 AM
I just realized I can deduct expenses relating to a job search! That rocks, because I've got at least $1,000 of that kind of expenses in the past year.

but then you won't be able to use the 1040EZ. :(

GottaHavePride
1/15/2006, 12:07 AM
Actually, the IRS website said musicians and entertainers are allowed to deduct expenses on special clothing so long as they are not suitale for everyday wear. Tuxedos fit that. I didn't buy one this year, though. I did, however, spend a crapload on plane tickets and hotel bills while looking for a job.

GottaHavePride
1/15/2006, 12:08 AM
but then you won't be able to use the 1040EZ. :(

If it means I get a bigger rebate, I'm all for it. I let TurboTax do the heavy lifting anyway.

Jimminy Crimson
1/15/2006, 12:09 AM
Actually, the IRS website said musicians and entertainers are allowed to deduct expenses on special clothing so long as they are not suitale for everyday wear.

So my bowtie and black satin banana hammock can be deducted? :cool:

SAH-WEET!

GottaHavePride
1/15/2006, 12:11 AM
If you bought them in the past year, yes. ;)

Mjcpr
1/15/2006, 12:22 AM
Homey's right....you don't use the EZ form, right?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/15/2006, 12:37 AM
Also be sure to deduct education expenses through the Hope Lifetime Learning Credit. Thank you Bill Clinton! :)

Mjcpr
1/15/2006, 12:43 AM
Also be sure to deduct education expenses through the Hope Lifetime Learning Credit. Thank you Bill Clinton! :)
These are the kind of tax deductions allowed by the libz that are costing us a chance to bomb the **** out of Iran.

GottaHavePride
1/15/2006, 12:50 AM
Homey's right....you don't use the EZ form, right?

I think I did last year, but I didn't deduct anything, either. If I can save some scratch this year, though, I'll use whatever form I need to.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/15/2006, 12:53 AM
These are the kind of tax deductions allowed by the libz that are costing us a chance to bomb the **** out of Iran.True, if everyone homeschooled the little bastards in college too, all we would need universities for would be sports.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/15/2006, 12:54 AM
I think I did last year, but I didn't deduct anything, either. If I can save some scratch this year, though, I'll use whatever form I need to.Are you the HO of your dwelling or are your parents HOs?

GottaHavePride
1/15/2006, 12:56 AM
They own it, we pay the bills.

Mjcpr
1/15/2006, 12:56 AM
I think I did last year, but I didn't deduct anything, either. If I can save some scratch this year, though, I'll use whatever form I need to.

I don't think you can deduct that unless you exceed the "standard deduction". And you probably don't unless you claim mortgage interest....that's usually what puts people over the SD.

Mjcpr
1/15/2006, 12:57 AM
Are you the HO of your dwelling or are your parents HOs?

That's uncalled for. I've met GHP and from what I can tell, PG isn't a HO either.

Mjcpr
1/15/2006, 12:59 AM
True, if everyone homeschooled the little bastards in college too, all we would need universities for would be sports.

Exactly. That way, more of my taxes could go toward Bob Stoops' salary.

GottaHavePride
1/15/2006, 01:00 AM
I don't think you can deduct that unless you exceed the "standard deduction". And you probably don't unless you claim mortgage interest....that's usually what puts people over the SD.

Hmmm. I'll look through all that stuff once I actually have all my W-2s to look at.