PDA

View Full Version : Juco's and team leadership....

OUAndy1807
1/14/2006, 05:13 PM
What effect, if any, do you guys think that all the juco's we use has on the team leadership? I'm glad to see at least one of our seniors stepping up at an important time, but I wonder if having all these juco's doesn't hurt the team in the leadership department. I'm just thinking that a 4th or 5th year senior is obviously a lot more comfortable on the court than a juco senior. Assuming that there is a negaive effect, the lack of team leadership might even effect the maturation of the underclassmen.

maybe I'm crazy.

okienole3
1/14/2006, 05:39 PM
the only problem is we have only 1 guy, at most, from each recruiting class stay until he is a senior

IronSooner
1/14/2006, 06:44 PM
It can't be that big a deal - we've been the KSU of basketball for years with all the Juco guys we bring in.

Cam
1/14/2006, 07:51 PM
Doesn't really matter IMO.

You're either a leader or your not. It's pretty damn difficult to make somebody into a leader when their natural tendancy is to be happy at being a part of the whole.

stoopified
1/15/2006, 12:42 AM
Cory Brewer,Nate Erdman,Ernie Abercrombie, are some of the juco's who have provided leadership in the past so I do not see juco's being a big problem.