PDA

View Full Version : Cowpukes now to be on even level with Sooners

stoopified
1/14/2006, 05:10 PM
In footbal due to T-bones latest gift?Caught tailend of a KOKI sports report where their EXPERTS say that with the GREAT NEW facicilties at OSU they can compete evenly with OU in football and be among the best nationally in all sports.
The staement which got my attention the most was that the new osu indoor facility will be (I swear I heard this) 5 thimes the size of the Everest Center.My first thought is that can't ossibly be true and my second is so what?Even if it is true money does guarantee wins .Perfect example is UT football which despite world -class ameneties took 35 years to win a National title.This despite deepest pockets in America And being in the middle of a state with great HS football while being top dog in state.
I can't help but wonder what these guys were snorting or drinking ,smoking or shooting up with.

crawfish
1/14/2006, 05:12 PM
IMO, it will be biggest waste of $135 million ever. Seats few will ever sit in, facilities that will do litt more than make continued mediocrity more comfortable, and coaches that will still leave for better pastures after any level of success.

Jimminy Crimson
1/14/2006, 05:18 PM
The staement which got my attention the most was that the new osu indoor facility will be (I swear I heard this) 5 thimes the size of the Everest Center.

Doubtful. I don't think a good number of airports have hangars that big. There'd be no use for that much space in stoolwater.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/14/2006, 05:27 PM
Let them think what they want. All I know is that OU has won 77 times compared to their 16.

Second rate school and nothing more will ever come of it.

westcoast_sooner
1/14/2006, 05:39 PM
It's really hard to build a program that hopes to have a winning season every year, vs one that expects to compete for MNC every year, and has tradition on it's side. I won't say that the money is a big waste, perhaps at some point Bedlam is like the Florida/FSU in-state. But it's not likely with the coach they have, nor with T Boone calling the shots. They bite us every now and then, but tradition? Come on. They aren't even in the same league.

tbl
1/14/2006, 05:42 PM
It will buy some of the finest sheep in the world. Those are some lucky aggies.

bcgvh
1/14/2006, 05:43 PM
Sure they will have great facilities, but they will still suck like always. Remember, it's still Oklahoma State, and top dog players don't want to go there.......because they suck. No tradition there. Don't worry about it.

Big Red Ron
1/14/2006, 05:49 PM
Funny thing is T. Boone's kids and grand kids went to OU.

oumartin
1/14/2006, 06:00 PM
It will still look like a big pile of sheet and be rusty and face the wrong way!
OSU is like the state of Oklahoma. They can take more money and do less with it than humanly possible.
I'm sure they are installing sheep pens below the stadium as we speak.

Soonerus
1/14/2006, 06:01 PM
They're smarter than him...

LifelongSooner
1/14/2006, 06:04 PM
Something comes to mind about you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. They will STILL be osu, no matter what they do.

1/14/2006, 06:06 PM
Wish them well. Congratulate them on their new facilities. Brag on their contribution to NCAA sports.

Mention the all-time greats... Sanders.

Shake their hoof.

Flagstaffsooner
1/14/2006, 08:41 PM
There'd be no use for that much space in stoolwater.

Wanna bet?

http://www.pdx1.com/pictures/klamath10.jpg

Mjcpr
1/14/2006, 08:58 PM
He also said he was an OU fan until osu beat them one time waaaaay back when he was young. I guess that was the turning point. Whether it turns their tide or not, I dunno, but I'd rather that money be going to OU than them.

Cam
1/14/2006, 09:17 PM
A Puke with money is still just a puke.

bigdsooner
1/14/2006, 09:24 PM
:eek: it took 165m to get even with us...thats pathetic:D . they'll never catch up though, just about the time they get goin OU will get a huge donation and crush the lil bas*ards once and for all.
i wonder what it feels like to invest 165m in a pile of sh*t

LifelongSooner
1/14/2006, 09:28 PM
It's still all about coaching and recruiting though. I don't think BP will be able to buy another coach after Gundy is shown the ropes. They'll be like NU after Solich was booted. Good coaches will be hard to come by, no matter what the paycheck or incentives. Not a good career move to work for a corporate raider. Kinda like Jerrah down in Dallas.

TheLadiesMike
1/14/2006, 09:30 PM
Nice facilities won't change their lack of tradition and winning, nor will it make stillwater a place worth living.

RADsooner
1/14/2006, 09:33 PM
5 thimes the size of the Everest Center.

So what would make them put Stoolwater indoors? :rolleyes:

cobrapilot
1/14/2006, 10:06 PM
It is Oklahoma a and m

they get the boys out standing in their fields

nothing more nothing less

want to live in stoolwater or norman???

score4OU
1/14/2006, 10:28 PM
All their building will bankrupt them in 10 years. After Boone, they do not have the continuing financial support to keep what they are building inproper repair. The place will be a decaying heap.

Soonerman08
1/14/2006, 10:46 PM
OSU's stadium will never exceed capacitance of Owen Field, if it does then those people up there are even more stupid than we give them credit for. They don't fill the stadium as it is, and I seem to recall a place called Gallagher Iba Arena being in the way of expansion of their stadium. Correct me if I am wrong, but what do you expect from a bunch of fools who put a stadium going East-West? There again it will never be as nice as Owen Field either.

stoopified
1/15/2006, 12:07 AM
So the consensus seems to be that T-Boner has shot his wad and the pukes will end up with uh egg on their face,hmm.Truer words were never spoken my Sooner Brethren.I really cannot help but agree with all above posts.

Flagstaffsooner
1/15/2006, 12:39 AM
t booger pickins just gave the money so he could be the Grand Marshall of the oSu homecoming parade.

http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/parton/2/dustb2.jpg

westcoast_sooner
1/15/2006, 03:59 PM
t booger pickins just gave the money so he could be the Grand Marshall of the oSu homecoming parade.

Now that's just sad.

goingoneight
1/15/2006, 04:05 PM
Let them think what they want. All I know is that OU has won 77 times compared to their 16.

Second rate school and nothing more will ever come of it.

84 since the ties float toward the victor... I guess it just means we'll have to step it up a notch to blow them out from NOW on, like keeping first string in through the whole third quarter...

Sooner_Bob
1/15/2006, 04:09 PM
want to live in stoolwater or norman???

Nuthin' wrong with livin' in Stillwater . . . :mad:

Readyfor8
1/15/2006, 04:09 PM
If OSU is smart, they will take the 165million and mass produce lifesize dummies to fill the extra seats during the home games that are not OU.

OUGreg723
1/15/2006, 05:20 PM
It doesnt matter how much money they will ever get. Money does'nt buy a following. The only way they'd start to become great, is if they had over a decade of great football teams. That means they would need a Bud Wilkinson, Bear Bryant, Barry Switzer, level of a head coach. They will never be great or even good. Just mediocre for the rest of eternity.

BOOMER SOONER!

StoopTroup
1/15/2006, 05:33 PM
Now all they need is a new mascot to go with their new facilities....

http://www.londonstimes.us/toons/cartoons/johndebord_poke.gif

Big Red Ron
1/15/2006, 05:34 PM
http://boonestate.swamptyger.com/images/merch_lovesticker.gif

goingoneight
1/15/2006, 06:09 PM
perfect, just perfect...