PDA

View Full Version : wearesc in meltdown mode

LifelongSooner
1/14/2006, 04:59 PM
What a difference losing makes!

FRED MATUA... 9-12 MONTHS FROM NOW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the likelihood that 9-12 months from now there will be a quote from Matua somewhere that said he made a mistake?

I'd put it at 75% chance.

Anyone agree/disagree?

Early payers bolting to NFL - Quitters?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Rookie salary cap is not even an issue but agents are using that as a tool!

Do you think that if we would have won a 3rd. that most Juniors would be leaving? Quitting! Giving up on winning?

It seems to me that they are all feeling, well the run is over so, what next, I will go to NFL. It seems like the only loyalty they had was the dam streak and keeping it going!

Dear Texas Fans...Your QB is not NFL Ready
Dear Texas Fans,

Paul Pinegar led his Fresno State team to 42 points against our rebuilt defense. Your hero Vince Young managed 41 points against us, so in our book that puts him right below Mr. Pinegar. Not bad, but not legendary either.

Vince Young played against mediocre-to-bad college defenses all year, running a specialized zone-read offense that -- with VY's speed -- is difficult for college defenses to stop. When VY faced a very good college defense, Ohio State, he turned the ball over multiple times and only managed to get his team 25 points.

When VY gets to the NFL, the fact that he likes to jump up and down on sidelines, get real excited, and make the Heisman pose as if he won the trophy will not help him. NFL teams do not run a shotgun zone-read offense, and NFL defenses are just a bit faster than what VY was facing in college. Every team will be full of AJ Hawks.

When Vince has to execute a three-step drop and deliver the ball within seconds, rather than the 8-12 seconds he is used to, he will discover that his WRs are not wide open (as they were against USC). He will force passes, panic, throw lots of INTs. When he tries to just pull it in and scramble, he will get hit hard by speedy NFL defenders like Lofa Tatupu and Troy Polamalu. He will fumble on many of these hits, as he did against USC and Ohio State and various Big 12 teams this year.

Enjoy your NC, remember to send a check to the refs who hooked you up with so many calls, and feel free to lord your lucky 3-point last second victory over us. But please do not tell me that Vince Young will be a great NFL QB. He's the next Eric Crouch or Akili Smith or Alex Smith ... I know it hurts but its true.

USC legal minds, is there some way to discourage Juniors
leaving early?

Like, Make an NFL team drafting a Junior to compensate the school financially and making a leaving Junior to pay back all his scholarhip and so forth?

I agree:

If a Junior Leaves he should be liable to pay back the years of his scolly from signing bonus. He did not live up to the contract in his LOI signing in FEB before he enrolled

Second, either the NFL or Agent representing a junior shoudl be obligated as well to pitch in. They are making money on the Junior and should pay back the university for their service!

Dave Smith Show 1540 The Ticket RE: VY and Greasing him up
On Thursday he was talking about VY greaseing up before and during halftime at the RB. They rubbed stuff all over his exposed arms, and legs, plus on his Uniform where we would wrap and takle him. Chest, Legs etc.

We missed alot of tackles that day and was it caused by something applied to his body. Vasoline, Grease?

I do not have the details but he read verbatum from the NCAA hand book about applying any substance that would impead the performance of an oposing teams player or the Ball and provide an unfair advantage to that player using the substance.

Basicaly they would be removed from playing Kicked Out. The rule goes back to the days of stickum, and tear away jerseys etc.

He was not the only reporter noticing it that day!

And about the assistant coach at SC being mad when he did the interview.

Sounds like Ruel is ready to fight
I like his comment about agents should make up the difference if a player isn't drafted as high as they say.

USC4Dan
(1/14/06 8:48:30 am)
Reply I like Ruel's description of agents
"Pieces of garbage". Very accurate.

GoOwls
1/14/2006, 05:07 PM
Dave Smith Show 1540 The Ticket RE: VY and Greasing him up
On Thursday he was talking about VY greaseing up before and during halftime at the RB. They rubbed stuff all over his exposed arms, and legs, plus on his Uniform where we would wrap and takle him. Chest, Legs etc.

We missed alot of tackles that day and was it caused by something applied to his body. Vasoline, Grease?

HAHA! Desperation to an extreme degree. I wonder how they'll handle 3 losses next year?

Octavian
1/14/2006, 05:11 PM
Do you think that if we would have won a 3rd. that most Juniors would be leaving? Quitting! Giving up on winning?

It seems to me that they are all feeling, well the run is over so, what next, I will go to NFL. It seems like the only loyalty they had was the dam streak and keeping it going!

:D oh thats good stuff right there.

Dear Texas Fans...Your QB is not NFL Ready

shshshshshsh.........

Make an NFL team drafting a Junior to compensate the school financially and making a leaving Junior to pay back all his scholarhip and so forth?

I agree:

If a Junior Leaves he should be liable to pay back the years of his scolly from signing bonus. He did not live up to the contract in his LOI signing in FEB before he enrolled

Second, either the NFL or Agent representing a junior shoudl be obligated as well to pitch in. They are making money on the Junior and should pay back the university for their service!

:rolleyes: them grapes are mighty sour

Soonerman08
1/14/2006, 05:13 PM
Wow! That's a lot of excuses!

They really do believe that Vince Young was greased down?! Haha, poor Trojans can't face up to the fact that they got beat.

okienole3
1/14/2006, 05:31 PM
the argument for the scholarships is stupid. I am pretty sure that they are issued year to year

oumartin
1/14/2006, 05:32 PM
VY wasn't greased down however his knee was down!!!!!

LifelongSooner
1/14/2006, 05:45 PM
VY was greased down but his knee was!!!!!

Hard to explain how he made all those passes with vaseline all over him!

It's great--it is pages of this kind of stuff. Wearesc should change to Wearelosersandwhinycrybabies.com.

oumartin
1/14/2006, 05:48 PM
sorry, let me edit that..
he wasn't greased down but his knee was down!

Soonerus
1/14/2006, 06:20 PM
That's just sad...

SoonerMooner
1/14/2006, 06:36 PM
I tell you what. Those left coast faggots are going to get a rude awakening when they both get their asses kicked multiple times next season, and they see that their two most recent Heisman winners are riding the pine and were overrated to begin with.

Reggie Bush isn't as good as little Joe Washington was as a scatback. And I would take Billy Sims or Earl Campbell over him any day as a pure running back.

Big Red Ron
1/14/2006, 06:55 PM
This is fun to watch.

GottaHavePride
1/14/2006, 07:32 PM
they're just mad because they couldn't get avocado on their sandwich at lunch today.

BASSooner
1/14/2006, 07:43 PM
Are you one of those people that b*tch and make excuses all day long? Do you feel that your team should've won the big game because you think it can beat Jesus? Do you daydream the moment on what it would have been like if they HAD won? Well you are in for a suprise! The University of Southern California has so much to offer!!

noose7699
1/14/2006, 09:46 PM
"Vince Young played against mediocre-to-bad college defenses all year, running a specialized zone-read offense that -- with VY's speed -- is difficult for college defenses to stop."

I would have to agree with this one, definantly. The Rose Bowl was proof of this. I can't get the image out of my head that is V Young with 3 or 4 guys attempting to take him down, and he stood there, and read his recievers and the defense. USC has an unbelievably weak defense, which leads me to believe even further that the Joke-10 is chock full of pansy *** football clubs.

Somethin I have been saying lately is that " OU beat the best team in the Pac 10 during our down year". It's more or less something simply to **** off SCU fans, but I really think it is true.

The Big12 owns the pac ten, no question about it. I think a team with not one.. but TWO heisman trophy winners and 3 or four candidates for the same trophy can atleast look decent in such a joke of a conference, but I guess not.

Don't send a trojan to do a Sooner's job.. :)

And Leinart is still a ***** and a crybaby...

GottaHavePride
1/14/2006, 09:54 PM
The Big12 owns the pac ten, no question about it.

This would be easier to say had we not been pimp-slapped last year.

worstcallofalltime
1/14/2006, 10:02 PM
whatabunchofwhiningloosers

SoonerBorn68
1/14/2006, 11:05 PM

Looks as if the shallowness of their fanbase has finally rubbed off on the players. :D

I've looked forward to this meltdown for a year.

OklahomaTrombone
1/14/2006, 11:19 PM
they're just mad because they couldn't get avocado on their sandwich at lunch today.

I heard it was chives on their baked potato

Tidefan36854
1/14/2006, 11:37 PM
You'll love this!!

http://mb25.scout.com/fuscfansfrm19.showMessage?topicID=439.topic

They claim that Desmond Reed's possible career ending inury was caused because Charlie didn't cut the grass. :eek:

Jason White's Third Knee
1/14/2006, 11:58 PM
Jesus. That is the stupidest board. Yep. It's the grass. Grass got JW too. Damned Stoops.

OklahomaTrombone
1/15/2006, 12:00 AM
Jesus. That is the stupidest board. Yep. It's the grass. Grass got JW too. Damned Stoops.

that damned grass at nebraskie got 'im to!!

damn solich!!!

LifelongSooner
1/15/2006, 12:03 AM
http://mb25.scout.com/fuscfansfrm1.showMessage?topicID=88416.topic

Speculation about Goodson over there now. It's a conspiracy!

okienole3
1/15/2006, 12:10 AM
My favorite post on that thread.

Really? I hope this isn't personality issue...we don't need primadonnas on the Trojan team...we like respectful kids.

FIGHT ON!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Gandalfslair/USCCover1226_small.jpg

The picture is the guy's sig. :)

Big Red Ron
1/15/2006, 12:12 AM
THE RUMOR THAT O-ST. SENT GOODSON HOME IS BEING CONFIRMED ON MANY RECRUITING SITES.

IT IS BEING REPORTED THAT He showed up in A&M gear and was trying to recruit for A&M.

Don't have any idea if its true.
Wierd

Flagstaffsooner
1/15/2006, 12:30 AM
Update: Heard Goodson got into some trougble on his official visit to OSU and was sent home and had his ride pulled by the Cowboys. Ouch if true.
This is a gem but for once I will keep my smartassed mouth shut.

LifelongSooner
1/15/2006, 01:11 AM
Wierd

Very weird. There were several posts on the pokies msg boards when I went to check their stuff. Then they just disappeared from both websites. Not locked, but vaporized.

This is a gem but for once I will keep my smartassed mouth shut.

I was thinking the same thing. It must be very baaaaaaaad.

Flagstaffsooner
1/15/2006, 01:24 AM
Very weird. There were several posts on the pokies msg boards when I went to check their stuff. Then they just disappeared from both websites. Not locked, but vaporized.

I was thinking the same thing. It must be very baaaaaaaad.
He asked for bucks.

We eat boogers and hump sheep.com (http://www.o-state.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=410832&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

TexasLidig8r
1/15/2006, 12:55 PM
earthquake aggy :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
1/15/2006, 02:01 PM
I think this is a good idea with a few changes however....

If a player Leaves he should be liable to re-imburse the School for his scholarship from his NFL signing bonus. He did not live up to his promise for a free education.

The player's agent should be obligated to make a percentage donation to the player's University. If the player is a good enough risk then convincing him to make the jump and enter the draft would only make good business sense for the Player, the Agent and The NFL.

The NFL should make sure that Agents and Players who enter the draft early have made such re-imbursement of their previous obligations to the schools from which they left. If they haven't, the NFL should not allow them to play.

Should the above be the way they ever do business...I think they should drop the idea of not allowing you to leave for the NFL straight out of High School or at the end of any year in college too.

If the NFL, Agent's and Players were to re-imburse the Universities...the NCAA would also need to make sure the money was used properly IMO. The money should be used for helping kids who really want an opportunity to play and get an education.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/15/2006, 02:11 PM
This kind of makes me laugh though. A school can pull a players scholorship if he doesn't do something up to their demands. But a player can't pull a scholorship if the school can't cover his demands....say 4.5 million a year :P Let's face it, most coaches could care less if their kid gets a degree as long as they stay eligible. Most coaches probably wish their kids get their degree but I honestly doubt Stoops, Mack, or Paterno, while recruiting sit there and ponder "I wonder if this kid is going to use his scholly to get a nice degree?"

StoopTroup
1/15/2006, 02:51 PM
This kind of makes me laugh though. A school can pull a players scholorship if he doesn't do something up to their demands. But a player can't pull a scholorship if the school can't cover his demands....say 4.5 million a year :P Let's face it, most coaches could care less if their kid gets a degree as long as they stay eligible. Most coaches probably wish their kids get their degree but I honestly doubt Stoops, Mack, or Paterno, while recruiting sit there and ponder "I wonder if this kid is going to use his scholly to get a nice degree?"

Not every kid is going to be able to play Div I football and stay in school. To think that would be naive. Plenty of kids washout, get hurt etc.

If my kid was talented enough to play Div I football and get a good education and he was to be sought out by the NFL...I would be proud if he left his mark at said University with good grades and a degree. If everything looked so lucritive that the opportunity to make enough money to pay for that education at a later time was there and he paid for his education after his career in the NFL...

I would be even prouder of him.

But I think we all see very little of that happening anymore.

OklahomaTrombone
1/15/2006, 03:11 PM
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/20035005/Images/df4r4rdfdfdf.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/REGGIE-BUSH-HOUSTON-TEXANS-JERSEY-ALL-SEWN-SIZE-2XL_W0QQitemZ8750387221QQcategoryZ24958QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

StoopTroup
1/15/2006, 03:28 PM
Here is an even better deal...

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/20035005/Images/e454fdfdfdgg52.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/BARRY-SANDERS-DETROIT-LIONS-JERSEY-ALL-SEWN-SIZE-52_W0QQitemZ8750388757QQcategoryZ24956QQtcZphotoQQ cmdZViewItem

OUstud
1/15/2006, 04:43 PM
Time to go back to the woodwork SC "fans"!

Texas Golfer
1/15/2006, 06:40 PM
The NFL shouldn't have to pay the school for the player's final year since the school didn't pay for the final year. The reimbursement for $0 is $0.

The "kid" gets a four year scholarship. He uses three and plays football for three. They're even. If the "kid" decides to go back after his NFL career to get his degree, he pays for it. The school is no longer obligated to him for that final year.

StoopTroup
1/15/2006, 06:45 PM
The NFL shouldn't have to pay the school for the player's final year since the school didn't pay for the final year. The reimbursement for $0 is $0.

The "kid" gets a four year scholarship. He uses three and plays football for three. They're even. If the "kid" decides to go back after his NFL career to get his degree, he pays for it. The school is no longer obligated to him for that final year.
I don't think the NFL should pay for anything. It would be to much of a burden on their cash poor operation. ;)

josh09
1/15/2006, 07:10 PM
such a beautiful thing to watch a "dynasty" crumble, aint it?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/15/2006, 07:14 PM
When you look at the facilities of OU, Texas, Tennessee, etc. It's hard to feel really sorry for them either. They are making somewhere around 99% profit on these athletes, at least in the NFL, the players get a portion of that profit :P

LifelongSooner
1/15/2006, 08:59 PM
Stranger and stranger....
I copied the whole thread before it disappeared like the ones last night were doing.

richhnd
Consensus AA
(1/15/06 6:54:41 pm)
Reply I have no idea what happened with Michael Goodson
All I know is we are not interested anymore and that means he is the enemy.

Can we stop protecting the prima donna now? This is a message board where people are supposed to talk about what is going on at and around OSU athletics. Whether it is good or bad, Michael Goodson is the biggest story out there right now. Not talking about it is just stupid. If he didnt want message boards to talk about his arse then he shoud handle what he does in a different fashion.

If Goodson is being talked about, its his own damn fault. Moderators trying to protect someone who isnt even a Cowboy is asinine. I did not see the Mods deleting posts about how terrible Reid, Pena, and everyone else was this past season. I did not see mods deleting the posts about Shawn Willis. I did not see mods deleting posts about Darrant Williams.

Protect the enemy and throw our own to the wolves. GREAT POLICY!!!

BTW if its against the rules to post about a certain individual, maybe it needs to be included in the rules of the board.

okstatealum81
Recruit
(1/15/06 6:56:46 pm)
Reply Re: I have no idea what happened with Michael Goodson
I would guess it was that his true personality came out at a frat party. Either looking for a handout or a personality like Prentiss.

osu5786
HS Blue Chip
(1/15/06 6:57:30 pm)
looks like we arent getting mon williams either, now we didn't close on any high profiles this weekend, this worries me.

yeahyeahyeah
(1/15/06 7:04:36 pm)
I know you guys are not going to believe me, being the Sooner fan that I am, but if it is true that OSU sent Goodson home for the reasons heretofore mentioned then I think that is great. I've always considered the kid to be a punk and you guys deserve a hell of a lot better.

BTW this Sooner says that I think it's great what Boone did for OSU.

BTW I hope you get Burton. I know for a fact he is a hell of a good kid and a hell of a player to.

Now excuse me, I've got to go, this newfound love and respect for the Cowboys has made me dizzy. Like alcohol you know, just too much all at one time.

Giantpoke that is still one of the funniest things I've ever read, your comment about Dean smoking a gar and getting 12 hours sleep if McCoy commits to the Sooners tonight. Truer words were never spoken.

ElPasoAggie
Junior Varsity
(1/15/06 7:13:03 pm)
Re: I have no idea what happened with Michael Goodson

Quote:
looks like we arent getting mon williams either, now we didn't close on any high profiles this weekend, this worries me.

We shouldn't be worried about anything. If we sign all of our current verbal commitments it would be the best class we have had in ages...maybe the best class ever, even without any of the other potentials, some of which I'm sure we will still get.

ostatecowboy1
HS Blue Chip
(1/15/06 7:26:16 pm)
Actually, I am sick and tired about hearing about Goodson. HE IS A HEAD CASE - let him go.

FloridaPoke
BMOC
(1/15/06 7:27:03 pm)
How are you hearing about him?

richhnd
Consensus AA
(1/15/06 7:28:50 pm)

Quote:
Actually, I am sick and tired about hearing about Goodson. HE IS A HEAD CASE - let him go.

I would ask why the heck you would even read a thread much less take the time to type a response if you are so tired of hearing about Goodson.

You have a choice you know.

et4osu
Two-time All American
(1/15/06 7:30:31 pm)
Elliot 2 stop crying.

CaliforniaCowboy
Pro Bowl pick
(1/15/06 7:31:01 pm)
This thread needs to go away.

"Talking" about things is all well and good, but then somebody alwasy steps over the line.... like that goon who just said "if" this and "if" then blah, blah, blah.

the treads get deleted because it is all "IF" --- so making yourself look foolish based on "IFs" is silly and is harmful.

osu5786
HS Blue Chip
(1/15/06 7:33:16 pm)
dont see how ifs can be harmful, don't see why speculation can be harmful, it is the point of a message board, is it gonna hurt our chances on getting goodson, no, there are no chances. so does it matter???

richhnd
Consensus AA
(1/15/06 7:35:27 pm)
Or like ET calling Goodson "Elliott 2"?

Anyway its a friggin message board. We have people speculating that TBP is the devil. Whats the difference?? Those posts dont get deleted.

IHatethesooners
Water Boy
(1/15/06 7:40:42 pm)
Would someone send me an email and tell me what happened that has been removed from the board and can not be discussed in public. Seems like some papers in Washington give us the right to openly discuss things. ummmm

1slowpoke
League MVP
(1/15/06 7:46:46 pm)
Re: I have no idea what happened with Michael Goodson
There were a number of threads about Goodson, some were locked and many deleted. The mods posted that much of what was on the threads was rumor, speculation and they had a meeting and decided to not allow anything Goodson related to be posted. Many posters were upset and mods indicated that that was their choice but they will not allow to have inaccurate information posted. Many posters have posted on other message boards including the 12fan so go over there and you can find what is missing here. This thread will be deleted as soon as the mods get back.

IHatethesooners
Water Boy
(1/15/06 7:53:34 pm)
Thank you. I have no clue how to find the other message boards, this is the only one I read.

noose7699
1/15/2006, 09:53 PM
that damned grass at nebraskie got 'im to!!

damn solich!!!

Damn Turf got Cale Gundy too!

DAMN GIBBS!!

Bama/OU
1/15/2006, 10:22 PM
The would know about greasing things, so I suppose it comes natural for them to say that.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3010/b000644h9001aco79f85rrne2sclzz.jpg

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/16/2006, 11:00 AM

i've been watching college football for 35 going on 40 years and this is probably the stupidest excuse i've ever heard in my life given by any fan base. :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/16/2006, 11:03 AM
Vince is actually an android sent from the future to rape and pillage the gangsta's of the world

Texas Golfer
1/16/2006, 11:17 AM
The Condoms lose their first game in more than two years and they whine and complain. They find excuses and none of the excuses are with their own team.

Desert Sapper
1/16/2006, 11:37 AM
This would be easier to say had we not been pimp-slapped last year.

If we had faced the same defense last year in the OB, we would have probably put up about 50 more points than we did. They had freshmen all over the field and couldn't buy pressure all night. Not to take anything away from saxet :rolleyes: , but 2005 Condoms were not the 2004 Condoms, and I've said it all year. The fact that the Whorns almost blew it is amusing.

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/16/2006, 12:19 PM
The Condoms lose their first game in more than two years and they whine and complain.

steve davis started at qb for OU for 3 years. he won 2 national championships and lost only one game. the only game he lost, he got booed that day in norman by his own fans.

rainiersooner
1/18/2006, 03:00 AM

What, you don't like guacamole?

william_brasky
1/18/2006, 03:13 AM
steve davis started at qb for OU for 3 years. he won 2 national championships and lost only one game. the only game he lost, he got booed that day in norman by his own fans.

well, he shouldn't have lost :rolleyes:

Desert Sapper
1/18/2006, 08:35 AM

I remember the boos when Troy Aikman took the field for the first time...no wonder he transferred to UCLA (it had nothing to do with the injury or the Jamelle thing, I swear).

noose7699
1/18/2006, 02:32 PM
If we had faced the same defense last year in the OB, we would have probably put up about 50 more points than we did. They had freshmen all over the field and couldn't buy pressure all night. Not to take anything away from saxet :rolleyes: , but 2005 Condoms were not the 2004 Condoms, and I've said it all year. The fact that the Whorns almost blew it is amusing.

Exactly. I have come to the conclusion that oregon is the best team in the pac 10, after watching the joke of a team trojans stink the joint up in basically their own backyard. Atleast Oklahoma showed up for their bowl game. USC is a joke of a team. I think this years Sooners woulda lit them up had we played.

Tell you what though, I got happy when I heard Leinert got suspended from the RB game, then got even happier when he got reinstated. I wanted USC to have ALL their players playing. I didn't want them to have ANY excuses when they lost.

But somehow, they still have them..

What's really funny is all the usc fans getting all ****y and defensive over all the bull**** that is being handed to them. Since usc never trashes any other teams or nothin...:rolleyes:

USC is a disgrace to college football. When you have not one, but TWO Heisman Trophy winners on not just the same team, but in the SAME BACKFIELD nonetheless, you have canceled out any liable excuses. They shouldn't be allowed to take the field next year, before they embarrass themselves more. Next time they need to get a real team in the NC game.

You heard it here first, USC won't make .500 next year, or a bowl game. If they do, it will be by absolute, 100 percent pure luck.

caphorns
1/18/2006, 02:47 PM
I have come to the conclusion that oregon is the best team in the pac 10, after watching the joke of a team trojans stink the joint up in basically their own backyard. Atleast Oklahoma showed up for their bowl game. USC is a joke of a team. I think this years Sooners woulda lit them up had we played.

So 45-12 and 45-13 weren't convincing enough for you somehow? How does 90-25 sound? And just to think that the Oregon team that lost 45-13 was actually better than the one you faced at the end of the year - they weren't playing a rook at QB when they got hammered by USC.

noose7699
1/18/2006, 03:03 PM
So 45-12 and 45-13 weren't convincing enough for you somehow? How does 90-25 sound? And just to think that the Oregon team that lost 45-13 was actually better than the one you faced at the end of the year - they weren't playing a rook at QB when they got hammered by USC.

Just as convincing as 65-13 and 63-14.. ;) or how about 128-27?

It doesn't matter who they were playing, We woulda lit them up regardless. if you remember right, Oregon had USC beat, then just gave up during the 4th quarter. One of the many games that USC lucked out on this last year, which is one of the many reasons I believe that they didn't even belong in the top 25, much less the #1 spot.

USC is a joke, and is a team of the past...

TexasLidig8r
1/18/2006, 03:21 PM
. . . One of the many games that USC lucked out on this last year, which is one of the many reasons I believe that they didn't even belong in the top 25, much less the #1 spot.

USC is a joke, and is a team of the past...

USC. not in the Top 25 this past year?

What color is the sky in your world?

Desert Sapper
1/18/2006, 03:22 PM
I'm not saying USC wasn't good this year...they had a better offense than they did last year. What they didn't have this year that they did have last year was one of the best defenses in the country. If this saxet team had to face the 2004 Condoms, Vince Young probably would have had his teeth kicked in by Patterson, Cody, or Tatupu on just about every play. Those guys were good enough that two of them (Tatupu and Patterson) are on the NFL all-rookie team (as are two guys from our offense last year - Jammal Brown and Mark Clayton).

Desert Sapper
1/18/2006, 03:28 PM
Consequently, we didn't have the offense this year to be at the top. If things swing a little more our way in the offseason, we just might.

noose7699
1/18/2006, 03:44 PM
USC. not in the Top 25 this past year?

What color is the sky in your world?

Right now it's fairly nice, for a January sky.... Is yours still burnt orange??

USC is a joke of a team. They deserve every bit of critizism they get. They put down all other teams during their success, now people are doing it back. They threw the first punch, so people are counterattacking them. As I said before, hit me, i hit you back. There is nothing wrong with that...

The art of fair play. How beautiful is that? ;)

caphorns
1/18/2006, 03:52 PM
This thread is on crack. USC is a team of the past but scores from RRS games from 3-4 years ago are your examples. Please tell me you are some bastardized Hawaiian troll.

What exactly is the importance to ANYONE of comparing UT 2006 to USC 2005. I think some of you want to hold on dearly to OU 2005. It's a weird form of denial. That team did not dominate quality opponents and the offense just wasn't in tune. You had a good defense. But our offense at the RRS was nowhere near where we ended up offensively in 2006. If we'd had an offense like we had in 2006, it would have been USC v. Texas in 2005 as well. Now 2004 OU was a great team and I still wonder WTF happened in the KSU game. Weird.

Red October
1/18/2006, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=noose7699]

USC is a joke of a team. They deserve every bit of critizism they get. [QUOTE]

Dude, lay off the Yukon Jack. I hate USC as much as anyone, but to say they are a joke is pure idiotic. Also, the simple fact that I dignified your remark with my comment would make most intelligent men cringe.

Go back to class and quit playing on the innerweb.

Soonerman08
1/18/2006, 04:28 PM
This thread is on crack. USC is a team of the past but scores from RRS games from 3-4 years ago are your examples. Please tell me you are some bastardized Hawaiian troll.

What exactly is the importance to ANYONE of comparing UT 2006 to USC 2005. I think some of you want to hold on dearly to OU 2005. It's a weird form of denial. That team did not dominate quality opponents and the offense just wasn't in tune. You had a good defense. But our offense at the RRS was nowhere near where we ended up offensively in 2006. If we'd had an offense like we had in 2006, it would have been USC v. Texas in 2005 as well. Now 2004 OU was a great team and I still wonder WTF happened in the KSU game. Weird.

OU beat KSU in 2004, try 2003 Sherlock Holmes, the 2003 Big 12 Championship game is the one I believe you are thinking of.

noose7699
1/18/2006, 05:37 PM

Where did I compare RRS scores to this year? You said a couple scores, asked me if they were convincing enough, so I figured to have a lil fun with ya. :)

We dominated the best team in the pac 10, out in their area. SCU is a joke, screw em. They said the same things to sooner fans last year. I just like watching them suffer. They were classless morons when they were winning, now it came back around to them, and they act like they don't deserve it. They deserve all the trashing that they have been recieving. I have no respect for them.

And for the comment on being a Hawaiian troll... damn kid, no need to be a ********* about it. I worked down there when I wrote that, that was it. And maybe it's just me, but was that a hint of bigotry I picked up on? Terrible...Either way that was low. And to think I actually rooted for texass.

Biggest mistake you made was taking me seriously. :)

ROCK ON!!!:D

noose7699
1/18/2006, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=noose7699]

USC is a joke of a team. They deserve every bit of critizism they get. [QUOTE]

Dude, lay off the Yukon Jack. I hate USC as much as anyone, but to say they are a joke is pure idiotic. Also, the simple fact that I dignified your remark with my comment would make most intelligent men cringe.

Go back to class and quit playing on the innerweb.

Get over yourself, kid. USC fans did the exact same things to sooner fans last year. I just love returning the favor. I hope they lose every game they play..

Spek for ya.. red that is.. :D

Texas Golfer
1/18/2006, 06:53 PM

I do believe you're a year off.

Desert Sapper
1/19/2006, 09:06 AM

I think that you mean OU 2004, which had great offense, but very limited defense (even if we did shut you out in the RRS). In 2005 (which was this past season), we had a rookie QB and a rebuilt offense, but our defense was rocking toward the end of the year. If, like in 2003, we can have both rocking, we will beat you in RRS. As long as we don't choke again (which is what happened in the 2003 Big XII CG against Kitty-s*** U). Oh, and this fall will be the 2006 season, whorn.:rolleyes:

Desert Sapper
1/19/2006, 09:08 AM
[quote=Red October][quote=noose7699]

USC is a joke of a team. They deserve every bit of critizism they get.

Get over yourself, kid. USC fans did the exact same things to sooner fans last year. I just love returning the favor. I hope they lose every game they play..

Spek for ya.. red that is.. :D

Geez, stay off the pakalolo, bra.

caphorns
1/19/2006, 10:52 AM
I think that you mean OU 2004, which had great offense, but very limited defense (even if we did shut you out in the RRS). In 2005 (which was this past season), we had a rookie QB and a rebuilt offense, but our defense was rocking toward the end of the year. If, like in 2003, we can have both rocking, we will beat you in RRS. As long as we don't choke again (which is what happened in the 2003 Big XII CG against Kitty-s*** U). Oh, and this fall will be the 2006 season, whorn.:rolleyes:

I was going by the bowl year so we are on the same page on that. I had forgotten of course that your defense was susceptible to the passing game. Not sure, but I suspect UT 2005 v OU 2004 would have been a close one - as was your NC game with LSU. KSU was just an aberration and a choke - agreed.

As for this past year's OU squad, your D looked OK against a very mediocre Oregon squad that rolled out 2 rookie QBs and made tons of mistakes on offense. I thought ya'll played a relatively good game but the level of play was a bit ugly in general. Some of that admittedly was the pressure being put on Oregon by your front 7. In the end, the game was finally decided by an obvious underthrow by the Oregon QB (and I will readily admit a fantastic athletic play by the OU defender to pick the underthrow).

As for next year's RRS, you are right that Texas will likely be in no better shape with our offense than Oregon was. Rookie QBs, possible QB controversy and you will see mistakes resulting from that fact. It will be a very tough game for us to win.

noose7699
1/20/2006, 01:02 AM
You know, after how the season started out, I expected to barely make a 6 win bowl game. I think for a bunch of underclassmen with virtually no PT for most of them, and breaking in a LOT of new players, and schemes, they did well, and I look forward to this next season. Oh, do I ever.

PrOUd of them Sooners.. :P. I bet us and the Domers play for all the marbles next year, just like vegas predicts. :) But time will tell..

ROCK ON!!

noose7699
1/20/2006, 01:03 AM
With that being said

POST NUMBER 200!!!! WOO HOO!!

ROCK ON!!!

Desert Sapper
1/20/2006, 09:22 AM
You know, after how the season started out, I expected to barely make a 6 win bowl game. I think for a bunch of underclassmen with virtually no PT for most of them, and breaking in a LOT of new players, and schemes, they did well, and I look forward to this next season. Oh, do I ever.

PrOUd of them Sooners.. :P. I bet us and the Domers play for all the marbles next year, just like vegas predicts. :) But time will tell..

ROCK ON!!

I think your statement I highlighted above sums my feelings of the season.

I hope you are right. It would be good to play ND for the NC next year. We have to get consistency on O before we can start thinking Fiesta, but if everything comes together, I like our chances. ND has their work cut out for them. Of course, just mentioning the domers around the geriatric sooner fans is like mentioning the cocaines around the younger crowd. Wait for the rotten vegetables to start flying.

noose7699
1/20/2006, 03:24 PM
heh. yea. I am the only Sooner fan who doesn't " hate Notre Dame". I never understood why OU fans hate notre dame, but I see a lot of it going on.

I have never liked the cocaines though. I do despise miami, always have. :)

OUinFLA
1/20/2006, 06:10 PM
ND has won games against OU at inopportune times in the past 50 years. I have listened to or watched all of them. :(

noose7699
1/21/2006, 12:06 PM
lol.. Well, that IS their job to beat OU, if they's playin us. No reason to hate on them. ;)

But, I DID, however, lose a LOT of respect for them when they backed out of their scheduling of us until the year 2014 ( around in there), because they saw what Stoops did to the team, and couldn't believe it.

No matter though, we will still rip them a few new ones whether we play tommorro or 10 years from now. I hope it's this year that we end up playing them in the NC. the 2 most winning traditional schools playing for it all.. Would make such a great game.

ROCK ON!!!