PDA

View Full Version : Things less painful than watching an OU men's basketball game

crawfish
1/14/2006, 03:27 PM
1. tearing off a hangnail
2. getting smacked in the eye with a fastball
3. root canal

oumartin
1/14/2006, 03:38 PM
Putting your testicles in the ball washer on the 18th tee!

MojoRisen
1/14/2006, 04:19 PM
Getting your Testicles stuck between the seat and the toilet and sitting down to shhhhittttt

KC//CRIMSON
1/14/2006, 04:24 PM
watching KU lose to KSU:D

the_ouskull
1/14/2006, 04:34 PM
Reading message board threads tearing this team up the day of a road win.

the_ouskull

stoopified
1/15/2006, 12:17 AM

the_ouskullT^%haks skull ,I am sick of this crap.Some people around here have short memories and do not seem to recall that we had an even worse scenario last year and won the conference.In the Immortal words of JOHN PAUL JONES,the SOONER battle cry should be:I(WE) HAVE NOT YET BEGUN THE FIGHT!

OKC-SLC
1/15/2006, 01:38 AM
In the Immortal words of JOHN PAUL JONES,the SOONER battle cry should be:I(WE) HAVE NOT YET BEGUN THE FIGHT!
Not sure what Led Zeppelin has to do with this.

(i keed)

NickZeppelin
1/15/2006, 02:10 AM

the_ouskull

Yep.

oumartin
1/15/2006, 02:15 AM
Everybody can have their opinion! I get a little tired of you Kelvin backers bagging on those that don't want him coaching the Sooner basketball team.

You want him fine.
You don't want him fine.

give your opinions and let it be.

Its almost less painful to put up with Nick Zep but not quite.

william_brasky
1/15/2006, 03:05 AM
It was ugly, but it was a win. On the road nonetheless. You got to give it up to the team for toughing this one out, hanging in there, and leaving with the W. That first half was almost unwatchable. We cannot score.

MojoRisen
1/15/2006, 09:39 AM
The only reason we won is Everette took the game into his own hands and scored like 7 points in the final minutes.

When A&M got up 4 with a minute he went right down the court and hit a big shot with someone in his face! I give up to the Team for a tough ball game and great defense- Sampson is the worst offense coach there is- his motion offense could be run in 9th grade.

the_ouskull
1/15/2006, 02:36 PM
Where were all of you Sampson Haters 1) during the Final Four year, and 2) when we had two guards who had been running his system for 3-4 years, and we looked like world-beaters on offense, and STILL had the same defense that we have now...?

That's my question...

...and oumartin, I have never see you post anything positive about the OU Men's Basketball team on this board, so you'll pardon me if I'm trying to counterbalance your negativity with a little bit positive to say about this team. ...and if you don't pardon me, that's cool too. I'm as entitled to say what I'd like as you were to what you'd like...

the_ouskull

william_brasky
1/15/2006, 02:59 PM
The only reason we won is Everette took the game into his own hands and scored like 7 points in the final minutes.

When did T. become French?

MojoRisen
1/15/2006, 03:07 PM
Excuse me Everett-

Now I am sure you got the point- right? Can't you come back with something better than that???? let's see what you got?

william_brasky
1/15/2006, 03:12 PM
Excuse me Everett-

Now I am sure you got the point- right? Can't you come back with something better than that???? let's see what you got?

That's the best I have. You win. You are #1. Good job.

MojoRisen
1/15/2006, 03:16 PM
I love it- reminds me of grade school and I used to give guys like you snuggies. Peace

oumartin
1/15/2006, 04:04 PM
who gives a flyin' f about the final four year. That was freakin 4 or 5 years ago.
The last three years have been not very good.
I am not a Kelvin hater. I just don't think he is the right coach for this program now.

oh, and i was plenty positive on the game thread yesterday..

Salt City Sooner
1/15/2006, 04:09 PM
"The last three years have been not very good."
Yeah, I mean, it's not like we're DEFENDING CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS or anything like that..... :rolleyes:

Oh, & the last 3 years combined we're 72-26. Sucks to be us.

oumartin
1/15/2006, 04:14 PM
get over winning the big 12 already

PrideTrombone
1/15/2006, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I mean, it's not like we're DEFENDING CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS or anything like that..... :rolleyes:

Oh, & the last 3 years combined we're 72-26. Sucks to be us.

Yes, we won the regular season championship last year. But does anyone remember how we won? We backed into it because of three pretty sizeable upsets in one week, if I remember correctly. We could have finished anywhere from 1st to 4th depending on the outcome of those games. It's not like we were that much better than the rest of the conference.

And while the Big 12 Championship is an admirable goal, the entire focus of the NCAA basketball season is the tournament. Kelvin's teams have, more often than not, not lived up to expectations in the tourney.

Over the last three years, we also have a NIT appearance and a 2nd round exit to a lower-seeded team in addition to an Elite 8 run. It's not that great to be us either, if we can't sustain that Sweet 16 (and higher) level.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/15/2006, 04:28 PM
Yep.

Nick you don't like negative people.......WOW

Cam
1/15/2006, 04:30 PM
I'm really starting to wonder who actually watched the game. That we came out of there with a W is nothing short of a miracle the way the team played. Luckily for us, A&M is just an ok team. If they were half as good as their record, they'd have mopped the floor with us.

CtheB
1/15/2006, 05:17 PM
Back on point....an IRS audit beginning the same day as your vasectomy and ending the day of your colonoscopy.

StoopTroup
1/15/2006, 05:23 PM
I would like to beat Duke to win the National Championship.

I'm a dreamer.

MojoRisen
1/15/2006, 05:24 PM
Dude- Kelvin would drop and do 50 if he could have lavender back this year.

let's not down play loosing a Mcdonalds all american and a good kid. the games I was able to watch out east last year Lavender was a huge spark and played well- Kelvin wanted perfection out of him and put him in the dog house.

Lavender is a good player- Xavier will tell you that.

CtheB
1/15/2006, 05:25 PM
Mojo....why on earth would Lavender have stayed when Kelvin so graciously tossed him under the bus publicly in the middle of last season?

Just fact...no negative vibe.

MojoRisen
1/15/2006, 05:30 PM
Mojo....why on earth would Lavender have stayed when Kelvin so graciously tossed him under the bus publicly in the middle of last season?

Just fact...no negative vibe.

Yeah what was that all about?? Obviously he didn't

oumartin
1/15/2006, 05:45 PM
It just seems to me that he has worn out his stay here. but give him credit. He did get OU on probation

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/15/2006, 06:19 PM
It just seems to me that he has worn out his stay here. Put give him credit. He did get OU on probation

Who is Put?

OKC-SLC
1/15/2006, 06:43 PM
Where were all of you Sampson Haters 1) during the Final Four year, and 2) when we had two guards who had been running his system for 3-4 years, and we looked like world-beaters on offense, and STILL had the same defense that we have now...?
No disrespek, and not hating on KS--but we have never looked like world beaters on offense under KS. I'm sure someone less lazy than I can look back at average points per game during big 12 play (I'm not interested in what we can do against Centenary or other weak teams--look at this year for example) for KS's seasons.

Big John
1/15/2006, 10:43 PM
Who is Put?
http://cvtw.batcave.net/images/misc196.jpg
Typing error..... hahahaha

GDC
1/15/2006, 11:15 PM
I went to see Munich instead Saturday.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/15/2006, 11:25 PM
I hate to say it but making whoopie is alot less painful than watching OU's men basketball team...along with like 10 billion other things...wouldn't a more valid thread be what things are more painful than watching OU's men basketball ;)

william_brasky
1/16/2006, 12:04 AM
I hate to say it but making whoopie is alot less painful than watching OU's men basketball team.

Making Whoopie. Heh.

crawfish
1/16/2006, 09:44 AM
I hate to say it but making whoopie is alot less painful than watching OU's men basketball team...along with like 10 billion other things...wouldn't a more valid thread be what things are more painful than watching OU's men basketball ;)

people unclear on the concept...

;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/16/2006, 10:16 AM
Making Whoopie. Heh.

We are a family board and all ;)

Boomer.....
1/16/2006, 10:19 AM
You all need to chill out! We won a game that was desperately needed. Road wins in conference are hard to come by, so be happy. This win could give the team confidence and turn around the season. We finish strong every year, and the Kelvin bashing stops.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/16/2006, 10:47 AM
If we won the National Championship, there would be people saying but we didn't have to go through Duke....whine whine whine whine whine.... :( I don't think Kelvin's on court success can be doubted, the more troubling issue is the fact that he appears to violate rules now

MikeInNorman
1/16/2006, 11:33 AM
It just seems to me that he has worn out his stay here. but give him credit. He did get OU on probation

From reading this thread, one could be forgiven for assuming Chuck Long was coaching this basketball team.

:D

OklahomaRed
1/16/2006, 05:53 PM
It was Texas A&M. Even the Aggies down here will admit they can't play basketball. :D

Back to the point. Getting up in the middle of the night and stubbing your little pinkie toe on the night stand really hard ! Now, that frickin hurts !

Sooners through thick and thin!

Alum81
1/16/2006, 08:46 PM
Getting this thread back on point:

Index finger and thumb firmly gripped around a bushel of nose hairs, and firmly yanking downward in one, swift motion.

OUthunder
1/16/2006, 09:45 PM
Having sex with Whoopie G.