PDA

View Full Version : do many of you pay bills the "online" way? help me out...

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/14/2006, 12:08 PM
have an account with BOK right now. if memory serves me correctly, i've heard alot of horror stories about them messing up payments, etc. thinking about opening up an account somewhere so i can make payments online. do many of you make your monthly payments this way? are there any financial institutions that i should steer clear of in doing business this way? help me out with some good advice, guys.

tia

Mjcpr
1/14/2006, 12:42 PM
Dude, I've paid my bills online through my bank for years and have had only a couple of incidents; probably no more or less than if I had paid by check. And the issues were solved satisfactorily (is that a word?). I definitely recommend paying online through your bank rather than at each individual payee's website. What's wrong with BOK? They have online banking and like most banks, it's likely free. You can probably just go to their site, sign up and create all of your payee accounts. If it's like Chase (Bank One) or B of A, your payees will be paid via electronic funds transfer if they have a relationship with the payee (2 days) or they'll simply mail out a check to pay your bill (5 days). Either way, you're not out a stamp.

Man, do it. Do it now and don't look back.

yermom
1/14/2006, 12:43 PM
i use Bank of America, and have never had a problem

they have the best website i've seen or used for banking stuff

Soonrboy
1/14/2006, 12:44 PM
republic bank here..nary a problem.

Mjcpr
1/14/2006, 12:46 PM
i use Bank of America, and have never had a problem

they have the best website i've seen or used for banking stuff
I use them for my grandmother's accounts and my accounts are with Chase. I have no preference between the two really so I wouldn't really recommend one over the other. Except...when you pay with BofA, you get a confirmation number right there on that page which I always write on my bill; with Chase, you don't so you go to the "summary" page and it lists them all there. Just one additional step so no biggie.

Okla-homey
1/14/2006, 12:47 PM
No sweat GI. Go for it. After a month, you'll be kicking yourself in the fanny for waiting to take the electronic plunge. We like BOk ourselves.

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2006, 12:57 PM
I had no idea so many hillbillies actually paid their bills.

OUAndy1807
1/14/2006, 01:20 PM
I heard something about there being more problems with identity theft and other issues if you pay your bills via the postal service because people can steal the envelope and get your info, but you know what they say about 75% of statistics.

I've paid my bills online (through the billing institutions website) for years now and haven't had a problem (of course, I check my account balances multiple times per day; it's an OCD thing I have). I usually pay with a credit card that offers at 1% back.

Is there an advantage to paying bills online through the bank instead of through the actual billing institution's site?

yermom
1/14/2006, 01:30 PM
for one, it's free... at least most places

when i was looking at some places like OG&E you had to pay, if i remember right

also, it basically works anywhere, whether they take online payments or not

with BoA you can enter them all at once and just click(assuming you have set a place up before) it will even display the total before you pay

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/14/2006, 01:39 PM
I'm a Chase customer and pay all my bills this way. If you have a regular bill that always is the same amount, you can set it up to automatically come out each month.

The only problems I have ever had were with a payee. I was paying both a lab bill and an ER bill to the same hospital. I didn't realize they had separate account numbers and was paying to the wrong acct number. The beyonces turned me over to the creditors. Another time, I made a lab payment to the return address instead of the billing address. The good thing about paying these bills online though was that I was able to fax reports that proved I had been paying my bills and they were paid on time. With a check, it's not as easy

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/14/2006, 01:40 PM
for one, it's free... at least most places

when i was looking at some places like OG&E you had to pay, if i remember right

also, it basically works anywhere, whether they take online payments or not

with BoA you can enter them all at once and just click(assuming you have set a place up before) it will even display the total before you payOG&E & ONG are free too.

Hublah
1/14/2006, 01:45 PM
Arvest is where I bank and it is great!!! They are offering free bill pay this next month!!!
Great bank!

crawfish
1/14/2006, 01:52 PM
I've paid online for years. I like it, but you DO need to give a more-than-adequate lead time for sending out bills - I had a few payments make it in late the first six months I did it, even though I had them processed the same day I would have mailed them out. It is so convenient, though, I'll stick with it.

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/14/2006, 01:55 PM
has anyone had any problems with BOK? i though awhile back i read on the s.o. that several people had...

Okla-homey
1/14/2006, 02:31 PM
has anyone had any problems with BOK? i though awhile back i read on the s.o. that several people had...

so far so good w/BOk here.

Skysooner
1/14/2006, 04:48 PM
I have about 20 recurring bills in a month. I have been online paying for almost 4 years now and haven't had an issue. I use a bank out of San Antonio (USAA). Almost all of them can be paid the same day they are due. Only about 3 out of 17 do they send a check and on those I give a week leadtime. In all of this time, I have only had 2 problems with payments, and it was the biller not crediting it correctly even though the account number was correct. One was a paper check and one was an electronic payment. In both instances my bank tracked down the payment and got it solved.

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/14/2006, 05:19 PM
homey-how long have you been paying bills online with BOK?

Jimminy Crimson
1/14/2006, 05:25 PM
homey-how long have you been paying bills online with BOK?

Probably since he moved to Oklahoma. ;)

Getem
1/14/2006, 06:26 PM
I used to bank at BOK and pay bills online. Until a few years ago, when they upgraded their software. I guess it took them a while to iron their bugs out, but I didn't wait. After hours on the support line, and still not even being able to log in, and after going through one cycle of bills having to write checks and lick nasty stamps, I switched to my credit union. I've had no problems paying bills with it. But, I'm sure Bok has their crap together by now. I think it was Norm who had things to say about their IT department.

GottaHavePride
1/14/2006, 07:06 PM
The only thing I don't like about paying bills online is that the flippin' City of Norman won't let me. Stone Age bastages. If they'd modernize I wouldn't have to mail ANY of my bills.

Mjcpr
1/14/2006, 07:11 PM
The only thing I don't like about paying bills online is that the flippin' City of Norman won't let me. Stone Age bastages. If they'd modernize I wouldn't have to mail ANY of my bills.

You could if you paid online through your bank.

afs
1/14/2006, 07:50 PM
cash, at the billing office. that way no one can track my actions. credit cards are a tool of the institution.

Cam
1/14/2006, 08:16 PM
We do about 95% of bill paying on-line and have done so for the entire time we've been with BoA.

49r
1/14/2006, 10:57 PM
I haven't ordered checks for years...and I haven't bought any stamps for ever, too.

Norm In Norman
1/15/2006, 12:23 AM
Arvest is where I bank and it is great!!! They are offering free bill pay this next month!!!
Great bank!
I have Arvest too. I HATE Arvest and the bastards normally charge $6 a month for online banking BUT, I'll have to say that it is set up extremely well. Maybe there are other banks like this, but when you schedule a payment Arvest might pay it a week or more in advance (so it gets there on time) but they don't take the money out of your account until the day you told them it was due. Also they guarantee the payment will be there the day it is due or they will pay any fees/penalties. You also have the choice of the "write a check" interface or the "quick pay" interface, where you can pay many bills at one time. And you can view your bills from a few places (like cox) right there and then write the check with one click.

With my OTHER bank it's all up to you to figure out when you want the bill to pay and it comes out of your account when the check is cut. If you get paid on the 15th and your bill is due on the 16th, your funds will be pulled out on the 10th (or whatever) whether you like it or not. It's free though.

Norm In Norman
1/15/2006, 12:25 AM
I think you can call them and pay by credit card though.

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/16/2006, 12:30 PM
anyone else in the weekday crowd add anything?

thanks!

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 02:56 PM
BoA rocks.
free online bill pay.

Dio
1/16/2006, 05:26 PM
The only problem I've had at BOK is there was one time I paid bills on a Saturday, which means they're supposed to come out Monday night. I checked back on Wednesday or so, and they never came out. Don't know if the mistake was mine or the system's, but that was a year and a half ago, and it hasn't happened again since.

LilSooner
1/16/2006, 05:30 PM
I pay my bills on line, but I pay through their websites.

Norm In Norman
1/30/2006, 11:57 AM
Arvest Online BillPay is now Free with all personal checking accounts. For more information, visit the Arvest website. To sign up, click on the BILL PAYMENTS tab above and follow the instructions.
SWEET! Should have been that way in the first place.

yermom
1/30/2006, 12:04 PM
yeah, too late though, i already set it up at BoA, that was one of the main reasons i started using them

of course now i have to endure the Texass logo every time i log in :mad:

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 12:13 PM
I still mail every single one of my bills in. That way I know it's paid, I can control when it's paid, and how much they send in.

Also, all you freaks who are paranoid about identity theft - and then bank on-line - are just putting your stuff out there for the thieves. I have never (and will never) purchase anything over the internet with a bank card or account #.

Having my paycheck automatically deposited is a good/modern thing. ATMs are good/modern things. Having a bunch of people with access to my account electronically is not.

And I bank with Republic. I switched to McClain for a while when I moved, but they suck it. Big. When I call to check a balance, or see if a check has cleared I wanna hear "yes sir, your account balance is ----" not "just go on-line and check it." Republic still offers great customer service. McClain does not.

SoonerWood
1/30/2006, 12:14 PM
I use BoA also, and pay 90% of my bills through it. It's smooth and reliable. I left Arvest because I thought their online banking really sucked - and way too much 'Unable to access account at this time' crap. They may have improved it since I left, but I doubt it could even touch the BoA site.

TUSooner
1/30/2006, 12:15 PM
Dean doesn't pay bills; bills pay Dean.

Thank you very much.

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 12:31 PM
Dean doesn't pay bills; bills pay Dean.

Thank you very much.

Actually, I do like the mother of one of my professers did. I just take the bill, tear it up and throw it in the trash, and voila!, no bills.

yermom
1/30/2006, 12:31 PM
I still mail every single one of my bills in. That way I know it's paid, I can control when it's paid, and how much they send in.

Also, all you freaks who are paranoid about identity theft - and then bank on-line - are just putting your stuff out there for the thieves. I have never (and will never) purchase anything over the internet with a bank card or account #.

Having my paycheck automatically deposited is a good/modern thing. ATMs are good/modern things. Having a bunch of people with access to my account electronically is not.

And I bank with Republic. I switched to McClain for a while when I moved, but they suck it. Big. When I call to check a balance, or see if a check has cleared I wanna hear "yes sir, your account balance is ----" not "just go on-line and check it." Republic still offers great customer service. McClain does not.

honestly, i'd be more worried about someone stealing and or copying my check and getting my home address, account, routing numbers as well as the SSN or driver's license number that they like to write on there

as for ordering online, i haven't had any problems yet, but there are places that will give you use-once numbers to shop with.

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/30/2006, 12:48 PM
honestly, i'd be more worried about someone stealing and or copying my check and getting my home address, account, routing numbers as well as the SSN or driver's license number that they like to write on there

as for ordering online, i haven't had any problems yet, but there are places that will give you use-once numbers to shop with.

Last think I saw on ID theft said just having an account at the bank was the biggest risk. The banks were just throwing account info out in the trash which the thieves were getting via a dumpster dive.

Norm In Norman
1/30/2006, 01:50 PM

The USPS not bothering to deliver my bills is the whole reason I'm banking online. I hate sending in a bill and it never reaches it's destination.

And I agree with yermom. ANYONE can reach into your mailbox and still your check. Not too many can hack into a website and pull your information out of it. And if you are using a cordless phone to get you account info from the bank, you may as well be using a megaphone.

Your bank information is out there on the internet whether you use it or not. At least I've changed the password on my account. I'd be afraid someone would impersonate me, sign up for online banking, then empty my account.

Stoop Dawg
1/30/2006, 01:51 PM

Why do you want some hourly employee at the utility company to have your checking account information?

I've paid bills on-line since 1997 or so (back when CheckFree started) and only had a couple of problems. The biggest problem was when the apartment complex said they hadn't received payment but the bank said they had sent it. After a couple of weeks of going back and forth, one of the apartment clerks found it in an envelope on their desk. :rolleyes:

I used to be at BoA and their web interface was nice. Switched to BoK a few months ago and their web interface kinda sucks, but it works and is free so I guess it's okay.

Just my 2 cents.

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 01:54 PM
yeah, too late though, i already set it up at BoA, that was one of the main reasons i started using them

of course now i have to endure the Texass logo every time i log in :mad:

that stupid credit card offer

they don't even have an OU one *cry*

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 02:00 PM
The USPS not bothering to deliver my bills is the whole reason I'm banking online. I hate sending in a bill and it never reaches it's destination.

And I agree with yermom. ANYONE can reach into your mailbox and still your check. Not too many can hack into a website and pull your information out of it. And if you are using a cordless phone to get you account info from the bank, you may as well be using a megaphone.

Your bank information is out there on the internet whether you use it or not. At least I've changed the password on my account. I'd be afraid someone would impersonate me, sign up for online banking, then empty my account.

1. The USPS does deliver your bills. Each and every month. Of course if you fail to put the proper postage on it, or put it in the envelope upside down, or don't put the proper address on it doesn't make it their fault.

Oh wait, it's you. Never mind. If it wasn't for the Luck O' the Norm, the USPS would be 100% on-time delivery instead of just 99.89%.:rolleyes:

2. I really ain't worried about somebody stealing my mail. I also ain't really worried about the electronic stuff either. Of course I don't buy **** on-line, and don't give out my #s either -yes, I know there's ways folks can get your account info electronically - which kind of makes my point. If somebody wants to steal your account info, there's a whole lot of ways they can do it. I'm personally more worried about cyber-theft than some scrungeball dumpster diving.

3. Mail early, mail often. Do it. Now.

yermom
1/30/2006, 02:05 PM
heh, i get it now

he doesn't want Newman out of a job ;)

Norm In Norman
1/30/2006, 02:33 PM
1. The USPS does deliver your bills. Each and every month. Of course if you fail to put the proper postage on it, or put it in the envelope upside down, or don't put the proper address on it doesn't make it their fault.

Oh wait, it's you. Never mind. If it wasn't for the Luck O' the Norm, the USPS would be 100% on-time delivery instead of just 99.89%.:rolleyes:

2. I really ain't worried about somebody stealing my mail. I also ain't really worried about the electronic stuff either. Of course I don't buy **** on-line, and don't give out my #s either -yes, I know there's ways folks can get your account info electronically - which kind of makes my point. If somebody wants to steal your account info, there's a whole lot of ways they can do it. I'm personally more worried about cyber-theft than some scrungeball dumpster diving.

3. Mail early, mail often. Do it. Now.
Luck of the Norm or not, my bills don't always get to me and when i pay them they don't always get to where they are supposed to go. We started sending everything FROM THE POST OFFICE and we still had problems. i have a call in to the USPS right now (which was supposed to have been returned 2 weeks ago) because I didn't get ANY mail on the 4th and 5th then for some reason I got a ton of mail all at once on the 6th. To top it off, for some reason 2 weeks later I got 2 pieces of mail that were postmarked on the 5th. One of them was a bill and the other was an invitation for the birthday party we went to 2 days earlier. Also this month (and I think this was part of the wad of mail I got on the 6th) I got the neighbor's electric bill and didn't notice. When i was going through my bills I couldn't figure out why I had paid the wrong amount. Of course it was because I had paid the wrong one - I forgot to look at who the bill was addressed to. Good thing I paid it online, because all I had to do was cancel the payment and make a new one with the right amount.

Another thing is when I called the USPS, they told me someone from the gray street office would call me the next day. That was almost 2 weeks ago. Bastards.

I'm pretty sure that what has happened is I get a "contractor" delivering my mail sometimes (according to the last time I talked to the postmaster). I don't think that's fair at all. I should get a trained USPS employee. On top of that, they raised the price of stamps?

see? You got me all fired up again.
[rant off]

yermom
1/30/2006, 02:37 PM
Luck of the Norm or not, my bills don't always get to me and when i pay them they don't always get to where they are supposed to go. We started sending everything FROM THE POST OFFICE and we still had problems. i have a call in to the USPS right now (which was supposed to have been returned 2 weeks ago) because I didn't get ANY mail on the 4th and 5th then for some reason I got a ton of mail all at once on the 6th. To top it off, for some reason 2 weeks later I got 2 pieces of mail that were postmarked on the 5th. One of them was a bill and the other was an invitation for the birthday party we went to 2 days earlier. Also this month (and I think this was part of the wad of mail I got on the 6th) I got the neighbor's electric bill and didn't notice. When i was going through my bills I couldn't figure out why I had paid the wrong amount. Of course it was because I had paid the wrong one - I forgot to look at who the bill was addressed to. Good thing I paid it online, because all I had to do was cancel the payment and make a new one with the right amount.

Another thing is when I called the USPS, they told me someone from the gray street office would call me the next day. That was almost 2 weeks ago. Bastards.

I'm pretty sure that what has happened is I get a "contractor" delivering my mail sometimes (according to the last time I talked to the postmaster). I don't think that's fair at all. I should get a trained USPS employee. On top of that, they raised the price of stamps?

see? You got me all fired up again.
[rant off]

i think we have the same mailman

Sooner_Bob
1/30/2006, 02:44 PM
No complaints from me about online bill pay. I use USAA as well as pay via the biller's website. I think we only mail one or two of our bills.

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 02:47 PM
Quit your whining. You see, you are the Norman "plant." What the USPS does is pick one poor person out to **** over. That way, everybody else gets great service. You should be proud we picked you to be "The Norm."

"Contractors" don't deliver mail. However, there are a whole bunch of "casual" employees that do. These are people who are hired temporarily to fill in on routes. They're not regular or full-time, and most only work about 120 days or so.

What has probably happened in your case is that you live on a route that is undesirable (of course if they've met you, then that alone would make the whole dang route undesirable).

Therefore, no regular employee wants to bid the job. So, you keep getting stuck with a series of casual employees who don't give a ****. It's unfortunate, but a reality. There's a whole lot of people who dig their mail carriers. Same guy/gal for years and years. That's because they live/work on a "desirable" route.

And don't be bitching about the price of stamps. When I was 10, candy bars were a nickel. Cokes were a dime. Stamps were 7 cents. Right now, a candy bar is a buck, cokes are a buck+, and stamps just went to 39 cents. Hell of a bargain if you ask me. And the candy bar is half the size and tastes like **** cause they use corn syrup instead of sugar, and same for the coke.

And I've mailed my bills my entire life. Not once - EVAR - has a bill not gotten to me or a bill not gotten to the folks I mailed it to. Wait, I take that back. One time in 1973, a tractor-trailer carrying mail got hit on the interstate in Arizona and my bill arrived about 2 weeks late - in several pieces inside of a little body bag with a notice on it saying "we're sorry for destroying your mail, etc."

IB4OU2
1/30/2006, 02:51 PM
Quit your whining. You see, you are the Norman "plant." What the USPS does is pick one poor person out to **** over. That way, everybody else gets great service. You should be proud we picked you to be "The Norm."

"Contractors" don't deliver mail. However, there are a whole bunch of "casual" employees that do. These are people who are hired temporarily to fill in on routes. They're not regular or full-time, and most only work about 120 days or so.

What has probably happened in your case is that you live on a route that is undesirable (of course if they've met you, then that alone would make the whole dang route undesirable).

Therefore, no regular employee wants to bid the job. So, you keep getting stuck with a series of casual employees who don't give a ****. It's unfortunate, but a reality. There's a whole lot of people who dig their mail carriers. Same guy/gal for years and years. That's because they live/work on a "desirable" route.

And don't be bitching about the price of stamps. When I was 10, candy bars were a nickel. Cokes were a dime. Stamps were 7 cents. Right now, a candy bar is a buck, cokes are a buck+, and stamps just went to 39 cents. Hell of a bargain if you ask me. And the candy bar is half the size and tastes like **** cause they use corn syrup instead of sugar, and same for the coke.

And I've mailed my bills my entire life. Not once - EVAR - has a bill not gotten to me or a bill not gotten to the folks I mailed it to. Wait, I take that back. One time in 1973, a tractor-trailer carrying mail got hit on the interstate in Arizona and my bill arrived about 2 weeks late - in several pieces inside of a little body bag with a notice on it saying "we're sorry for destroying your mail, etc."

I've always mailed mine too with a check enclosed..........I'm just old fashioned that way.............

Mjcpr
1/30/2006, 03:00 PM
I've always mailed mine too with a check enclosed..........Dean and I are just old that way.............

That's what we've been saying, pappy.

:D

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 03:03 PM
I never got the original title to my new car that they sent via snail mail.

they had to issue a new one.

and I have trouble with mail all the time....it gets delivered to other people and i get other people's mail almost every day.

Fugue
1/30/2006, 03:06 PM

and I have trouble with mail all the time....it gets delivered to other people and i get other people's mail almost every day.

they don't deliver to cable chewers.

Mjcpr
1/30/2006, 03:06 PM
they don't deliver to cable chewers.

She tried to be a cable chewer once but it didn't stick.

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 03:08 PM
it's not the cable that is chewed up..it's the part that plugs into the computer. that's why i don't think it was me or my cat that chewed it.

IB4OU2
1/30/2006, 03:14 PM
That's what we've been saying, pappy.

Whaaaaat Sonny? Speak up...........:mad:

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:16 PM

Really? Other people's mail every day? Do you live at the Jesus House? A transient mission? The Greyhound Station? Will Roger's Park? Norm's neighborhood?

Fugue
1/30/2006, 03:18 PM
it's not the cable that is chewed up..it's the part that plugs into the computer. that's why i don't think it was me or my cat that chewed it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
there is material here. :texan:

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 03:19 PM
no, but my neighborhood does have one of those community mailboxes.

like this, kinda:
http://www.fortknoxmailbox.com/multiboxes/multi.jpg

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:21 PM

like this, kinda:

Ooooohhhhh. Well then, all I can say is "it would suck to be you."

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 03:30 PM
nah..little things like misdirected mail don't bother me that much.

i finally got the title to my car and my bills are electronic, so i don't worry :D

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 03:32 PM
nah..little things like misdirected mail don't bother me that much.

i finally got the title to my car and my bills are electronic, so i don't worry :D

You should. Someday, you're gonna catch something off that NBU (Neighborhood Box Unit).

Fugue
1/30/2006, 03:35 PM
(Neighborhood Box Unit).

interestingly enough, this is the name of our local crack ho.

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 03:51 PM
errrrr

that's nasty

Fugue
1/30/2006, 03:53 PM
don't talk about my girl like that. :dolemite:

soonerbrat
1/30/2006, 04:12 PM
I"m sorry. I'm sure she's absolutely charming.

Fugue
1/30/2006, 04:13 PM
I"m sorry. I'm sure she's absolutely charming.

nope, she's got crumbly teeth. :eddie:

Norm In Norman
1/30/2006, 04:28 PM

How about the price of the mail going into and out of my house is the same as eveyone else's, therefore I should get the same service as everyone else? They shoudl do something about it. And I wouldn't mind the price of stamps going up if I was getting good service.

C&CDean
1/30/2006, 04:33 PM
How about the price of the mail going into and out of my house is the same as eveyone else's, therefore I should get the same service as everyone else? They shoudl do something about it. And I wouldn't mind the price of stamps going up if I was getting good service.

You do realize that if it was anybody but you I'd be concerned. Since it's you, I just have to say "par for the course."

You need to let me know the day that ANYTHING goes right in your life. We'll have us a big ol' party and ****.:norm:

Mjcpr
1/30/2006, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a systemic training issue.

Stoop Dawg
1/30/2006, 06:13 PM
Luck of the Norm or not, my bills don't always get to me and when i pay them they don't always get to where they are supposed to go.

Our mailman occasionally refuses to deliver mail to our office, sometimes checks from our customers. When we call the post office they say that it was delivered all the way from the customer through the whole system and to our carrier, who then could not deliver it. Evidently, the address was missing the "N" from the street name. Our office is on "North Glade" and the address just said "Glade". Nevermind that there is NO "South Glade". Nevermind that the zip code was correct and we're nowhere near the south side of town. Nevermind that all of the other mail that just says "Glade" gets delivered.

OTOH, the mail carrier at my previous house delivered mail to me that was addressed to the previous owner for a good 3 years. I wrote "no longer at this address" on every one of them and stuck them back in the mail box. He was not deterred when the next piece came, however, and happily placed it in my mail box.

Use the USPS at your own risk. That's all I have to say.

Stoop Dawg
1/30/2006, 06:14 PM

like this, kinda:

It must be the large block letters on the front that are confusing him/her.

GottaHavePride
1/30/2006, 06:22 PM
OTOH, the mail carrier at my previous house delivered mail to me that was addressed to the previous owner for a good 3 years. I wrote "no longer at this address" on every one of them and stuck them back in the mail box. He was not deterred when the next piece came, however, and happily placed it in my mail box.
Yeah, PG and I have been here a year and a half and we still get mail (from doctor's offices and banks, no less) addressed to the previous owners AND some lady named "Bernice" that if she lived here it must have been at least 7 years ago. We also regularly get mail for #3608 on an entirely different street, and mail for #3609. The last one wouldn't bother me much, except 3609 is the crazy lady that was on the news a few months back for giving her daughter a gun and telling her to shoot herself while crazy lady went to the store.

Stoop Dawg
1/30/2006, 08:18 PM
The last one wouldn't bother me much, except 3609 is the crazy lady that was on the news a few months back for giving her daughter a gun and telling her to shoot herself while crazy lady went to the store.

Well, that actually makes sense then. Would you deliver there? Me neither.

Mjcpr
1/31/2006, 09:58 AM
Norm isn't in California is he?

OklahomaTrombone
2/13/2006, 01:50 PM
https://bills.bankofamerica.com/sbp/i0209/BPAlert_top_fcm.gif
Here's how you'll benefit:

Simply tell us when you want your payment delivered.

Your money remains in your account until the payee receives the payment.

From BofA

Stoop Dawg
2/13/2006, 03:32 PM
It used to be that way several years ago. I guess it sounds better to say "bill pay just got better" instead of "bill pay used to be good, then we started taking the money from you several days early, and now we decided to let you keep your money until it is actually transferred to the payee". Those marketing people, they're genius alright.