View Full Version : Losing More at usc

Blues1
1/14/2006, 09:53 AM
The Coach is getting MAd.......:mad:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10847474/

Too Bad...........:)

Okieflyer
1/14/2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah too bad! I just hope we can be good enough again to lose that many players at once. ;)

Blues1
1/14/2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah too bad! I just hope we can be good enough again to lose that many players at once. ;)

Some of these young guy's leaving could be in above their Heads --Maybe they got the $$$$$$ flu ----??

jrsooner
1/14/2006, 10:20 AM
Some of these young guy's leaving could be in above their Heads --Maybe they got the $$$$$$ flu ----??or maybe they see the writing on the wall.... we are going to get slammed next year. There's the old saying, "get out while the gettings good". :)

Light Beer
1/14/2006, 10:22 AM
To lose 5 underclassmen to go along with however many seniors leaving has to be a major blow to a program. I don't care how good their recruiting has been, they will be rebuilding next season. No way in hell will they be preseason top 5 next season.

Dr. Jelly Finger
1/14/2006, 10:22 AM
Maybe SC should play some backups when they are up by 60 points. The OL coach wouldn't be so ****ed if he had some experience on the bench.

soonerjoker
1/14/2006, 10:23 AM
could also apply to OU qb.

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/14/2006, 10:29 AM
That's too bad about his mother though. My mother is a breast cancer survivor so I know exactly what the kid is going through.

Big Red Ron
1/14/2006, 10:30 AM
NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 4:58 a.m. ET Jan. 14, 2006

USC juniors Darnell Bing, Winston Justice and Fred Matua reportedly are expected to announce this weekend they will turn pro.

According to the Los Angeles Daily News, Justice and Matua are expected to announce Saturday they are turning pro; Bing, an All-American safety, is set to make his announcement Sunday.
Justice and Matua already hired agents, and Matua's departure especially angered USC coaches.
"It angers me," offensive line coach Pat Ruel told the Daily News. "His agents told him he's going the first day of the draft. That's what they told him. They are pieces of garbage."
The three players' departures would mean five underclassmen are leaving USC, including tailbacks Reggie Bush and LenDale White.
"It's a time for me to really just go on and see some other challenges in my life," Matua told the Los Angeles Times.
Matua is not expected to go in the first two rounds of the draft but told the Times his family's financial situation influenced his decision. Matua said his mother, Lemalie, has been battling breast cancer.
"I've got a whole bunch of brothers and sisters," Matua said. "My mother is sick and it's time for me to really kind of step up to the plate and really try to support those people now.
"A lot of people say, 'It's only a year. You could wait a year.' But my family doesn't have a year. My mother might not have a year. We're day to day."
The Trojans would need to replace three starters from what was regarded as one of the nation's best offensive lines. All-American guard Taitusi Lutui completed his eligibility and is a possible first-round pick.

boo effin hoo

devOUt
1/14/2006, 10:51 AM
This is another fine example of a coach putting himself ahead of his player. If the player is hell bent on leaving so he can support his family, then let him go and shut the hell up. The coach is full of love for the player so long as the player provides him with job security.

OU-HSV
1/14/2006, 11:19 AM
Whether that coach is mad or not..he should probably keep his mouth shut. Matua and those other players are old enough to make their own judgement. And obviously it sounds like Matua feels more comfortable with leaving now to support his family (especially his mother). I'm certain he's thought this situation through over and over again. SUCC coaches = no class. Makes me see why Leinart has no class.

NormanPride
1/14/2006, 12:13 PM
You reap what you sow. Carroll's "it's all fun" attitude leads to poor loyalty to the program. Look at Rufus, the only reason he made an announcement at all was to settle peoples' minds.

Carroll's still a pretty young college coach. Stoops has made his mistakes, and now Carroll is making his.

OU-HSV
1/14/2006, 12:14 PM
You reap what you sow. Carroll's "it's all fun" attitude leads to poor loyalty to the program. Look at Rufus, the only reason he made an announcement at all was to settle peoples' minds.

Carroll's still a pretty young college coach. Stoops has made his mistakes, and now Carroll is making his.
Carroll was a mistake (according to his parents)! :eek:

TheLadiesMike
1/14/2006, 03:25 PM
Troy has fallen.

A-M
1/14/2006, 03:30 PM
You know, this really does upset me. Besides, who really cares!! The more who leaves, the better.

KC//CRIMSON
1/14/2006, 03:33 PM
I wonder if all the 47 game win streak freaks still think USC is going undefeated next year?:rolleyes:

Never root for Tejas. Ever.:mack:

BASSooner
1/14/2006, 03:33 PM
Troy has fallen.
There was never a Troy to begin with.

Octavian
1/14/2006, 03:41 PM
Matua: "I've got a whole bunch of brothers and sisters...My mother is sick and it's time for me to really kind of step up to the plate and really try to support those people now. A lot of people say, 'It's only a year. You could wait a year.' But my family doesn't have a year. My mother might not have a year. We're day to day."

Why would a grown man (and his coach, no less) publicly criticize a kid for this? :confused: Pathetic. Props to Matua for stepping up to the plate and doing what he feels is best for his family.

goingoneight
1/14/2006, 03:54 PM
I wonder how all the celebrities and press would still be worshipping USC as we speak if Texas hadn't lucked out...
I wonder how anyone would ever be able to enjoy winning an MNC ever again without having to hear about SUC's "greatness."
I wonder how we would ever win an MNC again without constantly being reminded of that ill-fated 55-19 Orange Bowl.
I wonder how OU could ever enjoy the Orange Bowl again without knowing that USC got what they deserved.
I wonder who outside of ***-town, Tejas cares about the Rose Bowl outcome in October 2006...

I'm glad these two ***-clowns are out of the spotlight at least for another couple of months...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/14/2006, 06:07 PM
Matua: "I've got a whole bunch of brothers and sisters...My mother is sick and it's time for me to really kind of step up to the plate and really try to support those people now. A lot of people say, 'It's only a year. You could wait a year.' But my family doesn't have a year. My mother might not have a year. We're day to day."

Why would a grown man (and his coach, no less) publicly criticize a kid for this? :confused: Pathetic. Props to Matua for stepping up to the plate and doing what he feels is best for his family.

um, stoops did with jimmy wilkerson and he was right too...

chriscappel
1/14/2006, 06:21 PM
Matua: You gotta have respect fir this guy...thinking about his family and all!

GottaHavePride
1/14/2006, 07:29 PM
Um, the coach didn't criticize the kids for going pro. He was criticizing the agents that are telling the kids what they want to hear to try and make a few bucks.

Big Red Ron
1/14/2006, 07:33 PM
Um, the coach didn't criticize the kids for going pro. He was criticizing the agents that are telling the kids what they want to hear to try and make a few bucks.it's like this is a new practice.

Texas Golfer
1/14/2006, 10:04 PM
I wonder if all the 47 game win streak freaks still think USC is going undefeated next year?:rolleyes:

Never root for Tejas. Ever.:mack:

USC lost and I'm damn happy about it!

josh09
1/14/2006, 10:24 PM
waaaah waaaah waaaah, where did that one peat thread go?

85sooners
1/14/2006, 10:52 PM
:D
waaaah waaaah waaaah, where did that one peat thread go?:D :D hahahahahahahaha f suc and texas

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/15/2006, 01:05 AM

Never root for Tejas. Ever.:mack:Texas winning is what is causing the condoms to develop pinholes. :rolleyes: If the suc had won, chances would be better that the suc juniors would stay to advance their streak, and VY would want to stay to win a NC for his beloved whorns. Surely you can see these thoughts as possibilities, KC//CRIMSON, no?

Flagstaffsooner
1/15/2006, 01:39 AM
Texas winning is what is causing the condoms to develop pinholes. :rolleyes: If the suc had won, chances would be better that the suc juniors would stay to advance their streak, and VY would want to stay to win a NC for his beloved whorns. Surely you can see these thoughts as possibilities, KC//CRIMSON, no?You hit it exactly. All is well in the universe again. suc goes to hell , taxass goes to hell and the SOONERS will be back on top.

1/15/2006, 01:53 AM
:)
You hit it exactly. All is well in the universe again. suc goes to hell , taxass goes to hell and the SOONERS will be back on top. Elementary, Watson. The bonus is all the suc guys who saw that Leinart didn't really get much, if any, benefit from staying for his senior year.(not just Bush and White) GO BIG RED(the REAL Big Red, of course)!!!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/15/2006, 02:17 AM
:) Elementary, Watson. The bonus is all the suc guys who saw that Leinart didn't really get much, if any, benefit from staying for his senior year.(not just Bush and White) GO BIG RED(the REAL Big Red, of course)!!!

Yeah he did. He got a lot of preparation for Dancing with the Stars.

JohnnyMack
1/15/2006, 11:58 AM
Um, the coach didn't criticize the kids for going pro. He was criticizing the agents that are telling the kids what they want to hear to try and make a few bucks.

Exactly. I heard an interview with Illinois basketball coach Bruce Weber on Rome a few weeks back in which he blasted agents as well. These agents full these kids heads full of so much **** and blow so much sunshine up their asses that the kids can't wait to go. Even if it isn't in the kids best interest. I'm on the coaches (any coaches) side in this argument.

KC//CRIMSON
1/15/2006, 03:18 PM
Texas winning is what is causing the condoms to develop pinholes. :rolleyes: If the suc had won, chances would be better that the suc juniors would stay to advance their streak, and VY would want to stay to win a NC for his beloved whorns. Surely you can see these thoughts as possibilities, KC//CRIMSON, no?

It's funny how you didn't mention this possibility/scenario before the MNC. All you win streak freaks were just so convinced USC was going undefeated next year regardless.:rolleyes:

You and Texasgolfer must be smoking from the same glass pipe. What part of Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, and Lendell White were leaving USC regardless of the outcome of the game do you not understand? You idiots can try and spin it anyway you want, bottom line is USC is going to drop some games next year and your dumb traitor a$$ is gonna feel real stupid for pulling for the whorns. And god forbid if the sooners lose in the cotton bowl, we might have to put you on a suicide watch. Out.

Texas Golfer
1/15/2006, 06:09 PM
Texas winning is what is causing the condoms to develop pinholes. :rolleyes: If the suc had won, chances would be better that the suc juniors would stay to advance their streak, and VY would want to stay to win a NC for his beloved whorns. Surely you can see these thoughts as possibilities, KC//CRIMSON, no?

WF, I tried to explain this to him in another thread but he was too narrow-minded to consider those facts.

4everasooner
1/15/2006, 06:18 PM
The OL coach is upset because the agents" allegedly" lied to him? I think this is what he is saying. What I want to know is what did he tell Matua to get him to SUC 3 or 4 years ago? Woman,money,beaches, money, cars, money.....oh yea; sun, money. I crack myself up.

josh09
1/15/2006, 06:32 PM
:D :D :D hahahahahahahaha f suc and texas

yes, they must DIE :D

KC//CRIMSON
1/15/2006, 06:52 PM
WF, I tried to explain this to him in another thread but he was too narrow-minded to consider those facts.

What part of Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, and Lendell White were leaving USC regardless of the outcome of the game do you not understand? And your trying to say Reggie/White were staying had they won? :rolleyes:

You know, if you ever get your numbers and colors figured out, you could be a real threat.:mack:

1/15/2006, 07:31 PM
It's funny how you didn't mention this possibility/scenario before the MNC. All you win streak freaks were just so convinced USC was going undefeated next year regardless.:rolleyes:

You and Texasgolfer must be smoking from the same glass pipe. What part of Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, and Lendell White were leaving USC regardless of the outcome of the game do you not understand? You idiots can try and spin it anyway you want, bottom line is USC is going to drop some games next year and your dumb traitor a$$ is gonna feel real stupid for pulling for the whorns. And god forbid if the sooners lose in the cotton bowl, we might have to put you on a suicide watch. Out.Are you OK(quick,take your pulse) I'm QUITE happy the way things turned out. (not that I actually like the whorns winning MNC) Given the disgusting circumstances we were stuck with, things turned out good.

Harry Beanbag
1/15/2006, 08:46 PM
Texas won a national championship for the first time in most of our lifetimes. That's never a good thing no matter how you try and spin it.

jacru
1/15/2006, 08:52 PM
KC//CRIMSON in his natural state.:rolleyes:
http://www.fotosearch.com/bigcomps/ARP/ARP113/Angry.jpg
:mack: lighten up, dude.:mack:

Texas Golfer
1/15/2006, 09:39 PM
What part of Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, and Lendell White were leaving USC regardless of the outcome of the game do you not understand? And your trying to say Reggie/White were staying had they won? :rolleyes:

You know, if you ever get your numbers and colors figured out, you could be a real threat.:mack:

I'm sure even the great KC//CRIMSON didn't know that there would be about 3 or 4 other starters leaving early as well.

I still believe had the Trojans won the game, they may have stayed to be part of history.

As for my colors, I think any loyal Sooner would know that there is no better color than crimson. Apparently, you don't recognize that.

1/15/2006, 11:26 PM
Texas won a national championship for the first time in most of our lifetimes. That's never a good thing no matter how you try and spin it.:mack: Standing on its own, nobody is arguing with that. But, the failure of that meant the suc getting the never before achieved three peat, and(SHUDDER) continuing their streak toward tying or beating our treasured 47 games in a row. AAAARRRGGHH! The bonus is that it put VY, Bush, L White, AND ADDITIONAL JUNIORS to flip the bird to two of our most despised rivals for their senior years. I'll tolerate a whorn MNC every 35 yrs in order to preserve "THE STREAK" for maybe, EVER!!!