PDA

View Full Version : Any new thoughts/suggestions/rumours on Wyatts' replacement?

stoopified
1/14/2006, 03:03 AM
I have heard nothing in last day,unlike the Heupel replacing Long immediate clamor. I got no idea myself.

okienole3
1/14/2006, 09:18 AM
Any chance Spurrier Jr. comes back?

OklahomaTuba
1/14/2006, 09:55 AM
Lester Ebb from Iowa I think. Of course it depends if Ferentz stays or goes.

BASSooner
1/14/2006, 11:41 AM
Any chance Spurrier Jr. comes back?
no chance hes also the OC at south carolina for his daddy.

OklahomaTrombone
1/14/2006, 01:18 PM

Ferentz says he is staying.

LifelongSooner
1/14/2006, 01:42 PM
I hear Jerry Rice is out of work :D

LifelongSooner
1/14/2006, 02:53 PM

I really don't think I could have respect for any man named Lester. :rolleyes:

mildpussy
1/14/2006, 03:41 PM
I really don't think I could have respect for any man named Lester. :rolleyes:

here are two lesters worthy of spek

Hook 'Em Horns
1/14/2006, 03:55 PM
Applewhite

stoopified
1/14/2006, 04:47 PM
Applewhite
You jest but hey,if we could get him to leave his new job at Rice I think he'd be a good hire.I think of Opie as the UtT version of Heupel, a smart,gutty tough winner who should be an excellent coach. Mind you he would not be my first choice but he would not be a bad choice.

westcoast_sooner
1/14/2006, 05:45 PM
Not sure Applewhite would take a position job, if he's already the OC at Rice. Sidenote: there is already a http://www.firemajorapplewhite.blogspot.com/ for him.

Jerry Rice is indeed out of work. Can he coach? Does he want to coach at the college level? Would he relocate to Norman? Good thought, since he's the all-time best WR EVAR, but I don't think he's the right guy.

stoopified
1/15/2006, 01:51 AM
Not sure Applewhite would take a position job, if he's already the OC at Rice. Sidenote: there is already a http://www.firemajorapplewhite.blogspot.com/ for him.

Jerry Rice is indeed out of work. Can he coach? Does he want to coach at the college level? Would he relocate to Norman? Good thought, since he's the all-time best WR EVAR, but I don't think he's the right guy.Excuse me but we are talking a long career as position coach at OU vs. a short bloody miserable OC career at Rice. More positive exposure at OU, chance to move on like so many others.Recall that Wilson was OC at Northwestern and took OL job at OU,likewise Gundy let job as UAB OC to become running backs coach. Then again I don't know that Opie is the best candidate for the job,I simply feel he would make a viable one.

westcoast_sooner
1/15/2006, 03:19 PM
Excuse me but we are talking a long career as position coach at OU vs. a short bloody miserable OC career at Rice. More positive exposure at OU, chance to move on like so many others.Recall that Wilson was OC at Northwestern and took OL job at OU,likewise Gundy let job as UAB OC to become running backs coach. Then again I don't know that Opie is the best candidate for the job,I simply feel he would make a viable one.

Hold on there, Jam. I simply thought it was kinda funny that Major just got to Rice and there is already a website to fire the guy. He hasn't even called a play in a game for them yet.

Evidently he is impressive enough as a coach to go from a position coach to OC (albeit at a school not known for their football program) in a pretty short time - less than 5 years?

I agree with the assessment that OU would give him more exposure, but that applies to anyone who gets the WR job and comes from a non-big name football program. If Coach Stoops wants him on the sideline then I would support him. But I think Coach Stoops has shown that most of the time, he picks good assistants to replace those who move on.

As a side note, having Major would gall a lot of UT fans if that happened, and that wouldn't be all bad. :)