PDA

View Full Version : After watching the Hornets at the LNC tonight...

Soonerus
1/14/2006, 12:02 AM
...the Ford Center is clearly the superior forum...no comparision...

oumartin
1/14/2006, 12:25 AM
hmm, so maybe the LNC needs torn down?
I saw some empty seats tonight as well.

GottaHavePride
1/14/2006, 12:44 AM
Yeah, it looked like the seats directly behind the backboards weren't full, but the rest of the place looked like it had a good crowd.

Jimminy Crimson
1/14/2006, 01:20 AM
I bet Joe C was ****ed that the fans were having a good time, enjoying themselves, making noise, and getting into the action. And the crowd goes wild!!! is a nightmare for ol' Joe C. His gestapo was in full force tonight, probably bored out of their minds, since they weren't going around 'approving' fans signs and telling people to be quiet. What a joke! :rolleyes:

He was sitting up in the crows nest being his normal retarded self. He wouldn't know good entertainment if it bit his ovaries off.

That being said, he's probably the best AD money can buy, but the worst PR/Fan Experience guy.

:mack:

GottaHavePride
1/14/2006, 01:32 AM
he's probably the best AD money can buy, but the worst PR/Fan Experience guy.

That's about my opinion. PrideTrombone might be somewhat more vocal about it, but he's Mr. Band Director now, so it's way past his bedtime. :D

boomersoonerdude
1/14/2006, 07:46 AM
It'll be awesome if that many people show up for an OU basketball game.

Big John
1/14/2006, 07:30 PM
I bet Joe C was ****ed that the fans were having a good time, enjoying themselves, making noise, and getting into the action. And the crowd goes wild!!! is a nightmare for ol' Joe C. His gestapo was in full force tonight, probably bored out of their minds, since they weren't going around 'approving' fans signs and telling people to be quiet. What a joke! :rolleyes:

He was sitting up in the crows nest being his normal retarded self. He wouldn't know good entertainment if it bit his ovaries off.

That being said, he's probably the best AD money can buy, but the worst PR/Fan Experience guy.

Are you referring to when a guy with a "bring back top dawg" sign, got his sign taken away? I thought that was kind of weird. Did anyone else see that when it happened?

Jimminy Crimson
1/15/2006, 12:01 AM
Are you referring to when a guy with a "bring back top dawg" sign, got his sign taken away? I thought that was kind of weird. Did anyone else see that when it happened?

That is just one instance of the sign police in action.

GottaHavePride
1/15/2006, 12:06 AM
They took several signs away from the Bobby Knight impersonator a few years back.

OklahomaTrombone
1/15/2006, 12:08 AM
They'll take away signs...but they wouldn't tell that "curtis shaw" guy to shut up.

So pridetrombone and I had to take matters into our own hands.

GottaHavePride
1/15/2006, 12:17 AM
I saw him on tv at a game a while back. I cringed involuntarily.

Soonerus
1/15/2006, 12:19 AM
Maybe they will get a clue on the entertainment side of the business after watching the Hornets at the LNC......

KABOOKIE
1/15/2006, 10:44 AM
Has LNC become this retarded? The ****ing gay ponies have ruined everyhting.

"Stop saying texas sucks." Kelvin Sampson 2nd Party Memeber of LNC Gestapo.

william_brasky
1/16/2006, 08:38 AM
BRING BACK TOP DAWG!!!!!

OUstud
1/16/2006, 07:48 PM
Can you imagine if Joe C. was AD at a place like Duke, Wisconsin (football crowds hurl batteries), or Kansas State (loud, mean)? He'd probably start crying. And in football, boy, it sure makes Owen Field seem menacing when they tell the crowd to be nice and they allow a kid captain to walk out for the coin toss. What's next, a kid gets to jump the tip off against everyone?

OUthunder
1/16/2006, 09:48 PM
WTF happened to Top Dawg?

Brasky7
1/16/2006, 09:59 PM
WTF happened to Top Dawg?

pet cemetery... :(

walkoffsooner
1/16/2006, 11:48 PM
You guys are right. I had forgotten about TopDog, he was great why did they take him away?

GottaHavePride
1/17/2006, 12:21 AM
Argh!

UOSA (that's the student association) decided that they didn't get why we had a dog mascot at basketball games. So they decided to create a new, "unified" mascot that would be the same at all athletic events. their solution was the gay pony suits.

william_brasky
1/17/2006, 12:29 AM
UOSA = idiots

BRING BACK TOP DAWG!!!!

GottaHavePride
1/17/2006, 12:33 AM
UOSA = run by girls that say things like "yay! he kicked the ball through the standing-up things! Is that good?" when they go to football games.

Fixed. ;)

Soonerus
1/17/2006, 08:47 PM
ponies suck, let's just admit it and cut our losses...

TopDawg
1/18/2006, 10:48 AM
GHP's version is pretty much it. It's not the whole story, but that's the jist.

My favorite part of the Hornets game was when they introduced Mason and turned the music up really loud so that you couldn't hear the announcer say "Oklahoma State".

soonerboy112
1/22/2006, 12:57 AM
I have TopDawg's autograph!! sad but true

TopDawg
1/23/2006, 12:50 PM
Sad?!