PDA

View Full Version : How come nobody told me that Alias got cancelled?

Penguin
1/13/2006, 04:13 PM
This is the last season. I guess the show jumped the shark when she got pregs.

mdklatt
1/13/2006, 04:19 PM
This is the last season.

Thanks for the spoiler tags, bastard.

Penguin
1/13/2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the spoiler tags, bastard.

Bite me!

OUstudent4life
1/13/2006, 04:55 PM
This is the last season. I guess the show jumped the shark when she got pregs.

It was really starting to struggle, story-wise. I bet there's a spinoff with Garner as a producer (I think she's now listed as a producer of this season of Alias, as well).

Penguin
1/13/2006, 05:05 PM
It was really starting to struggle, story-wise. I bet there's a spinoff with Garner as a producer (I think she's now listed as a producer of this season of Alias, as well).

I know what you mean. I wonder how they're going to keep Lost alive for a few more seasons. I mean, it's "Gilligan's Island" meets "Close Encounters". At some point, the aliens will reveal themselves and everybody will say, "Well, that sucked."

proud gonzo
1/13/2006, 05:11 PM
i think it jumped the shark when she woke up in hong kong two years later and vaughn was married.

OUstudent4life
1/13/2006, 05:12 PM
I know what you mean. I wonder how they're going to keep Lost alive for a few more seasons. I mean, it's "Gilligan's Island" meets "Close Encounters". At some point, the aliens will reveal themselves and everybody will say, "Well, that sucked."

The writers for Lost actually have an end-point in mind...about 4-5 seasons. Apparently, the overall story arc and a bunch of the important points were hashed out in just a day or two. Everything else just fell into place after that.

GottaHavePride
1/13/2006, 05:22 PM
The writers for Lost actually have an end-point in mind...about 4-5 seasons. Apparently, the overall story arc and a bunch of the important points were hashed out in just a day or two. Everything else just fell into place after that.

sounds like J. Michael Straczynski and Babylon 5.

proud gonzo
1/13/2006, 05:23 PM
exactly--there's way too much stuff going on in lost for that to not have a very well planned story arc. Alias doesn't seem like they expected it to last past one or two seasons and then ran out of stuff to do.

Penguin
1/13/2006, 05:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one on the SO that doesn't like Lost.

mdklatt
1/13/2006, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one on the SO that doesn't like Lost.

Does "watched the first episode and couldn't care less" count?

proud gonzo
1/13/2006, 05:35 PM
yep. :D of course, i've only seen the first 8 episodes or so. i have the dvd's of the first season, but i dont' get to watch tv a whole lot during the year.

Penguin
1/13/2006, 05:39 PM
Does "watched the first episode and couldn't care less" count?

Yep. That's all I needed to watch. I just loved their plane "crash."

What the hell is in the jungle? Who cares? *click*

proud gonzo
1/13/2006, 05:50 PM
you don't want to know why a hobbit is snorting brown sugar in Hawaii?!?? Blasphemy!! ;)

OUstudent4life
1/13/2006, 06:02 PM
exactly--there's way too much stuff going on in lost for that to not have a very well planned story arc. Alias doesn't seem like they expected it to last past one or two seasons and then ran out of stuff to do.

Really, I just wanted to sound like a 'film and video studies' grad student (read: geek :D) and use big words like story arc.

And the more you type arc, the less correct it looks.

arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc arc.

bork bork bork.

GottaHavePride
1/13/2006, 06:14 PM
Reelly, I joost vunted tu suoond leeke-a a 'ffeelm und feedeu stoodeees' gred stoodent (reed: geek :D) und use-a beeg vurds leeke-a stury erc.

Und zee mure-a yuoo type-a erc, zee less currect it luuks.

erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc erc.

bork bork bork.

:D