PDA

View Full Version : Vince is staying??? Say it ain't so....

eastxsooner
1/13/2006, 02:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/01/13/truth.rumors.college/

NormanPride
1/13/2006, 02:43 PM
If Mack is trying to get him to stay, that is proof that he doesn't care about the best for his kids. Pathetic.

caphorns
1/13/2006, 02:46 PM
My vote for the most inane rumor evar. Dude has ca$$$$$hed in. He gots him no more eligibility.

camster
1/13/2006, 02:47 PM
He's probably worried that this will open the floodgates for everyone to leave.
The Buckeyes are sure hoping he leaves....

cheers,
camster

Flagstaffsooner
1/13/2006, 03:03 PM
It will be a terrific NFL Draft unless there's some truth to what we read on ProFootballTalk.com's rumor mill about Texas quarterback Vince Young possibly having second thoughts. Young evidently hasn't hired an agent yet and, according to the report, NFL insiders "expect" Texas coach Mack Brown to try to convince Young to change his mind.
-- Arizona Republic

The Arizona Republic has the ****ypoorest sports page that I have ever read.

NickZeppelin
1/13/2006, 03:05 PM
He's already signed with an agent. Even if he wanted to come back he can't.

LifelongSooner
1/13/2006, 03:10 PM
This is sweet. The horn boards are agonizing over there. They've made peace with him leaving, and now this. They are getting their hopes up, and are talking about what a let-down it will be if it's not true. I LOVE IT!

He's already hired McNair's agent. He had an autograph/photo session in Houston and was paid for it.

This is also the last year to get big signing bonuses.

Harry Beanbag
1/13/2006, 03:11 PM
Colorado kicker Mason Crosby said he is torn between returning to the Buffaloes for his senior season or declaring himself eligible for NFL draft in April. Crosby has until Sunday -- the NFL's deadline for underclassmen to declare for early entry -- to decide.
-- Austin American-Statesman

A kicker?

Okieflyer
1/13/2006, 03:13 PM
This is sweet. The horn boards are agonizing over there. They've made peace with him leaving, and now this. They are getting their hopes up, and are talking about what a let-down it will be if it's not true. I LOVE IT!

He's already hired McNair's agent. He had an autograph/photo session in Houston and was paid for it.

I think this is the best part of this rumor. :D

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/13/2006, 03:15 PM
If Mack is trying to get him to stay, that is proof that he doesn't care about the best for his kids. Pathetic.

I can remember a time when coaches thought earning a college degree was the best for their kids. And I'm not even quite as old as Joe Paterno.

ETA: Not saying this is Mack's motivation. I'm just sayin'...

Rhino
1/13/2006, 03:18 PM
A kicker? A first or second rounder kind of kicker.

LifelongSooner
1/13/2006, 03:20 PM
from one of their boards

I think this is BS... we are torturing ourselves thinking / dreaming about him coming back.

Aggy started this rumor as a cruel joke!

Wasn't that Vince's agent he did that interview with earlier this week on 610 am in Houston?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no, apparently that is a relative/family friend, not his agent. if VY came back next year, I would lose my ******** mind. I think it's all crap though.

:D

AustinTXHorn
1/13/2006, 03:20 PM
A kicker?
Would you want to be playing football at Colorado right now?

That rumor is bull****. There's no way that Mack would be convincing him to come back. I don't believe he's officially signed with an agent yet, but Vince isn't coming back and 99% of Texas fans realize that.

caphorns
1/13/2006, 03:23 PM
A kicker?

A truly f'n kick a kicker at that. We're talking Grammatika-esque. Dude is a freak.

Anywayz, how long would you want to hang around as a COLORADO KICKER? Just imagine the daily harassment ;)

LifelongSooner
1/13/2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah, he has an agent.

http://www.1nextlevel.com

Herr Scholz
1/13/2006, 03:26 PM
Mack doesn't 'talk his kids into staying'. People that assume this don't know the man at all.

yermom
1/13/2006, 03:26 PM
A kicker?

dude is insane...

Crosby's record is 60 yards, set last season against Iowa State. He's hit a 75-yarder in practice, but it's Crosby's mental toughness that sets him apart from other kickers with big legs.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/big12/stories/120205dnspoculede.17619dc6.html

Mjcpr
1/13/2006, 03:29 PM
dude is insane... if i remember right, he kicks 70+ yd FGs in practice

You're thinking of Trey DiCarlo. :rolleyes:

yermom
1/13/2006, 03:32 PM
i looked it up ;)

man, i don't even want to think about DiCarlo, i just don't get what happened with him... he was a total stud until he got to KC in 2003

Octavian
1/13/2006, 03:33 PM
Mack doesn't 'talk his kids into staying'. People that assume this don't know the man at all.

you and Mack pretty close?

Flagstaffsooner
1/13/2006, 03:34 PM

Silly, silly :texan:

:D :cool: :D

Harry Beanbag
1/13/2006, 03:44 PM
Okay then, I guess I stand corrected on the kicker deal. :) I know he's good and all, I just don't see how drafting a kicker that high can ever be justified.

Herr Scholz
1/13/2006, 03:45 PM
you and Mack pretty close?
It's this new thing called the "newspaper". Pretty handy. All of the 1st round picks that UT has had under Brown who stayed for their senior years (and there are plenty) have all said the same thing, that Brown did not coerce them in any way to stay. Their family members that met with Brown have said this as well. Brown educates his players that have the opportunity to be drafted, he brings in NFL experts, he sits down with the player and the family and explains everything, and then he leaves the decision up to them. It's been very well documented in the press that this is his M.O.

NormanPride
1/13/2006, 03:47 PM
Okay then, I guess I stand corrected on the kicker deal. :) I know he's good and all, I just don't see how drafting a kicker that high can ever be justified.

Kickers tend to be the highest scorers on your team. Makes sense to get a good one.

OUthunder
1/13/2006, 03:48 PM
Good stuff.

Mjcpr
1/13/2006, 03:50 PM
The Raiders took Janikowski early and look where they are.

Now who's stupid?

MiccoMacey
1/13/2006, 03:50 PM
Brown educates his players that have the opportunity to be drafted, he brings in NFL experts, he sits down with the player and the family and serves them coffee, laden with LSD, and tells them that the NFL has millions of tiny spiders, just like the ones that are crawling on them right now, and explains everything, and then he leaves the decision up to them. It's been very well documented in the press that this is his M.O.

Do I need to expose the team hypnotist that always attends these meetings as well?

yermom
1/13/2006, 03:53 PM

who knows how high he'll go, but he probably wants to get out of CU alive ;)

i'd imagine the Barnett firing didn't make him want to stay

Flagstaffsooner
1/13/2006, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Herr Scholz
Brown educates his players that have the opportunity to be drafted, he brings in NFL experts, he sits down with the player and the family and serves them coffee, laden with LSD, and tells them that the NFL has millions of tiny spiders, just like the ones that are crawling on them right now, and explains everything, and then he leaves the decision up to them. It's been very well documented in the press that this is his M.O.

Do I need to expose the team hypnotist that always attends these meetings as well?

You forgot the bloody chicken feathers.

Herr Scholz
1/13/2006, 03:58 PM
You forgot the bloody chicken feathers.
And Jobu.

http://lenfu.com/img/jobu.jpg

Harry Beanbag
1/13/2006, 03:59 PM
Kickers tend to be the highest scorers on your team. Makes sense to get a good one.

No kidding?

Okay, your team can draft Sebastian Janikowski. I hope mine takes Shaun Alexander.

The best kicker in the league this year, the one that set the NFL record for field goals, was drafted in the 6th round.

Harry Beanbag
1/13/2006, 04:00 PM
who knows how high he'll go, but he probably wants to get out of CU alive ;)

I'll buy that reason. :)

Flagstaffsooner
1/13/2006, 04:00 PM
And Jobu.

aggie version, Herr...
http://www.travelpod.com/users/danielwolfe/in_the_district.1135738620.voodoo_curse.jpg

picasso
1/13/2006, 04:01 PM
A truly f'n kick a kicker at that. We're talking Grammatika-esque. Dude is a freak.

can he jack his knee doing a soccer jump?

soonerlaw
1/13/2006, 04:12 PM
ITS OFFICIAL: BOULDER, Colo. -- All-American kicker Mason Crosby decided Thursday to return to Colorado for his senior season. Crosby, who made 21 of 28 field goal attempts last season, including a 58-yarder at Miami, led the nation with an average of 41.2 yards for each of his made field goals. A sure NFL prospect, he decided to play out his senior season with new coach Dan Hawkins.

-- Hey, didn't he account for all of CU's points in the Big 12 Championship?

Herr Scholz
1/13/2006, 04:16 PM
-- Hey, didn't he account for all of CU's points in the Big 12 Championship?
He's from Georgetown, right up the road from Austin. He wanted badly to be a Longhorn but Mack's policy used to be not to offer schollies to kickers. His policy has now changed.

MiccoMacey
1/13/2006, 04:21 PM
He's from Georgetown, right up the road from Austin.

I watched him kickoff in pregame before the Georgetown-Belton matchup a few years ago. He boomed the crap out of the ball.

caphorns
1/13/2006, 04:22 PM
can he jack his knee doing a soccer jump?

All I can say they made a movie based on him -

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0788811436.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

NormanPride
1/13/2006, 04:31 PM
"The Don Knotts Collection"? My dreams have indeed come true.

GottaHavePride
1/13/2006, 04:57 PM
Crosby, who made 21 of 28 field goal attempts last season, including a 58-yarder at Miami, led the nation with an average of 41.2 yards for each of his made field goals.

Translation: his team was too crappy to get him into closer range.

tennsooner
1/13/2006, 04:57 PM
I can remember a time when coaches thought earning a college degree was the best for their kids. And I'm not even quite as old as Joe Paterno.

ETA: Not saying this is Mack's motivation. I'm just sayin'...
That time has long since past. He will earn more this year in 15 seconds signing a pro contract than anyone will earn in a lifetime with his degree. Matt's ballroom dancing degree wouldn't even stand up to it.;) ;) :D

TheGodfather889
1/13/2006, 05:43 PM
I was worried about this.He has until sunday to reconsider so lets cross our fingers and hope VY gets the hell out of Texas!!

Texas Golfer
1/13/2006, 06:15 PM
He's already signed with an agent. Even if he wanted to come back he can't.

According to that article, Vinny has yet to hire an agent.

Texas Golfer
1/13/2006, 06:20 PM

There's no way of knowing one way or the other since neither you nor the press are in the private conversations between Mack and the players when they discuss those players' options.

Texas Golfer
1/13/2006, 06:22 PM
It's this new thing called the "newspaper". Pretty handy. All of the 1st round picks that UT has had under Brown who stayed for their senior years (and there are plenty) have all said the same thing, that Brown did not coerce them in any way to stay. Their family members that met with Brown have said this as well. Brown educates his players that have the opportunity to be drafted, he brings in NFL experts, he sits down with the player and the family and explains everything, and then he leaves the decision up to them. It's been very well documented in the press that this is his M.O.

I get the Austin American Statesman and if it's not well documented here, where else it so well documented? They just say something to the effect of "After talking with my family and Coach Brown about my options, I've decided to remain at the University of Texas."

To talk someone into staying doesn't equate to coersion.

LifelongSooner
1/13/2006, 06:35 PM
http://www.1nextlevel.com/

Here is him on his agent's webpage. He signed with an agent.

AustinTXHorn
1/13/2006, 06:41 PM
http://www.1nextlevel.com/

Here is him on his agent's webpage. He signed with an agent.
That's not his agent. He was going to sign with Steve McNair's agent. This guy: http://www.bcsports.org/james_bus_cook_jr.html

LifelongSooner
1/13/2006, 07:16 PM
That's not his agent. He was going to sign with Steve McNair's agent. This guy: http://www.bcsports.org/james_bus_cook_jr.html

No, he isn't. He's already signed with the other one. Another link with the same info that was on the link I had above. (http://www.1nextlevel.com/)

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2006/01/09/daily47.html

Vince Young taps Houston agent
Liz Mullen

Houston's Next Level Sports & Entertainment has signed University of Texas quarterback Vince Young for representation in this year's NFL Draft.

Sports agent and attorney Major Adams confirms he and his company will represent Young for contract negotiations as well as marketing work. Young is from Houston.

Adams says James "Bus" Cook, who represents Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre and Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair, won't have a formal role in Young's representation, but might informally advise him on the negotiation of Young's NFL contract. Media speculation had indicated that Cook would represent Young because McNair is Young's mentor.

Other professional athletes represented by Next Level Sports & Entertainment are the Philadelphia Eagles' Michael Lewis, the St. Louis Rams' Joffrey Reynolds, the Washington Redskins' John Simon and the Titans' Jamal Powell. Those four players are from Texas or Louisiana.

Young, a Heisman Trophy finalist in 2005, led the UT Longhorns to a national championship victory in this year's Rose Bowl.

AustinTXHorn
1/13/2006, 07:47 PM
No, he isn't. He's already signed with the other one. Another link with the same info that was on the link I had above. (http://www.1nextlevel.com/)

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2006/01/09/daily47.html

Vince Young taps Houston agent
Liz Mullen

Houston's Next Level Sports & Entertainment has signed University of Texas quarterback Vince Young for representation in this year's NFL Draft.

Sports agent and attorney Major Adams confirms he and his company will represent Young for contract negotiations as well as marketing work. Young is from Houston.

Adams says James "Bus" Cook, who represents Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre and Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair, won't have a formal role in Young's representation, but might informally advise him on the negotiation of Young's NFL contract. Media speculation had indicated that Cook would represent Young because McNair is Young's mentor.

Other professional athletes represented by Next Level Sports & Entertainment are the Philadelphia Eagles' Michael Lewis, the St. Louis Rams' Joffrey Reynolds, the Washington Redskins' John Simon and the Titans' Jamal Powell. Those four players are from Texas or Louisiana.

Young, a Heisman Trophy finalist in 2005, led the UT Longhorns to a national championship victory in this year's Rose Bowl.
That's weird that he would change at the last second. But after reading that article it says the early reports were all speculation. Weird. Moral of the story: the media sucks.

LifelongSooner
1/13/2006, 08:12 PM
That's weird that he would change at the last second. But after reading that article it says the early reports were all speculation. Weird. Moral of the story: the media sucks.

So....that means that I'm right, and you are wrong? :D

StoopTroup
1/13/2006, 08:23 PM
I really don't care whether he stays or goes.

If he stays...it will be great watching the Sooners make him regret his decision at the RRSO. :D

If he goes...I hope he gets to come to the game with his boyfriend Matthew.

http://men.style.com/images/details/features/040105/matthewv.jpg

GDC
1/13/2006, 09:18 PM

No, the UT sugar daddies have set them all up so sweet up to this point they haven't had to. UT has had enough football players with minor league baseball contracts to field several Texas League teams.

GDC
1/13/2006, 09:19 PM
I really don't care whether he stays or goes.

If he stays...it will be great watching the Sooners make him regret his decision at the RRSO. :D

If he goes...I hope he gets to come to the game with his boyfriend Matthew.

http://men.style.com/images/details/features/040105/matthewv.jpg

ESPN said the UT team watched the sun come up at MyGodI'mGay's house in Beverly Hills after the game. Fags.

stoopified
1/14/2006, 03:37 AM
Either way would be fine by me.

Hook 'Em Horns
1/14/2006, 09:51 AM
Two things I know.

1. Vince is leaving
2. We will still kick your arse.

jrsooner
1/14/2006, 10:25 AM
Two things I know.
1. Vince is leaving
2. All the UT alumn I know are saying OU back on top next year. They are mighty gloomy.

soonerworks
1/14/2006, 10:43 AM
Who cares about VY, we will beat ut all day in 06.

AD all the way.

BillyBall
1/14/2006, 10:48 AM
Two things I know.

1. Vince is leaving

You are delusional...

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/14/2006, 10:49 AM
Two things I know.

1. Im awaitng our 3-4 loss season in 06

2. We won't win, but Im sure I will find a moral victory in there somewhere.

devOUt
1/14/2006, 11:00 AM
Two things I know.

1. Vince is leaving

3. heh awakens from dreaming about #2.

OU-HSV
1/14/2006, 11:07 AM
Two things I know.

1. Vince is leaving
2. We will still lick your arses with Colt LittleboyMcCoy.
:confused: HEH are you feeling alright?

Hook 'Em Horns
1/14/2006, 11:54 AM
I'm feelin fine. It' these dillusional sooner fans I'm worried about.

OU-HSV
1/14/2006, 12:20 PM
In all honesty, there's nothing delusional about us...we've seen what can happen when you go from an experienced QB running the show..to a young/inexperienced QB trying to get his feet on the ground. None of us from either side,can honestly say that "we're going to kick your arses"...it's too early to say. Now we can trash talk that idea..but that's all at this point. (But, I must say I feel more positive about our chances of beating you now that VY is gone...but then again I liked the idea of him coming back and us making his RRS record 1 and 3. :D )

LifelongSooner
1/14/2006, 12:28 PM
I'm feelin fine. It' these dillusional sooner fans I'm worried about.

Let's see here. A little ancient history--since Mack has been at your university, texas won in 1999 and again in 2005. The Sooners won all of those other games in between 1999 and 2005. Last year was all Vince, and because Mack was catching all the flak about losing 5 in a row to OU. Last year was probably a do or die year for Mack, so he pulled it all together. Not only did he beat the Sooners, he brought home the NC. Pressure is off now. You'll see that everyone plays you differently, now that you are the defending NC. Everyone brings their A game, and plays you tougher than they will play again the whole season.

Bob Stoops will be no exception. If Bob circled dates on calendars, this one would be circled. He knows the rivalry aspect of the game, and he also knows the recruiting aspect. Bob is an excellent motivator. He will have a seasoned Bomar and a healthy AD, and they have a lot to prove against texas too. They want to show they made the right decision to come here, and they will help prove that the 2005 outcome of the RRS was an aberration.

I think is anyone is "dillusional," it must be you!

BASSooner
1/14/2006, 12:35 PM
Let's see here. A little ancient history--since Mack has been at your university, texas won in 1999 and again in 2005. The Sooners won all of those other games in between 1999 and 2005. Last year was all Vince, and because Mack was catching all the flak about losing 5 in a row to OU. Last year was probably a do or die year for Mack, so he pulled it all together. Not only did he beat the Sooners, he brought home the NC. Pressure is off now. You'll see that everyone plays you differently, now that you are the defending NC. Everyone brings their A game, and plays you tougher than they will play again the whole season.

Bob Stoops will be no exception. If Bob circled dates on calendars, this one would be circled. He knows the rivalry aspect of the game, and he also knows the recruiting aspect. Bob is an excellent motivator. He will have a seasoned Bomar and a healthy AD, and they have a lot to prove against texas too. They want to show they made the right decision to come here, and they will help prove that the 2005 outcome of the RRS was an aberration.

I think is anyone is "dillusional," it must be you!
Exactly! Especially when we are talking about that OU was a young team at the time....and UT had full of experiences. How many TRUE freshman did we have to start? 4 or 5?

OU-HSV
1/14/2006, 12:47 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LifelongSooner again..

LifelongSooner
1/14/2006, 01:53 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LifelongSooner again

Like Christmas giving, it is the thought that counts. :D

85sooners
1/14/2006, 02:39 PM
booooooooooooooooooomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!!!!!!!

goingoneight
1/14/2006, 02:51 PM

Other than Charlie Weiss, and maybe Pete Carroll (because of Leinarts "smart decision" to come back), there may be others... but I really don't see any coach out there trying to convince their players to stay.
1. If you can get into college... you can always go back if you bust in the NFL, you'll have plenty of money for tuition, you just cannot play football-- but that's a no-brainer.
2. The average college grad makes in between $30K - $51K per year, unless they're in a higher-paid class, ex. Physician... NFL provides celebrity status, much, much, MUCH better pay... and an oppurtunity to travel. If I have a $20 bill in my left hand and a $100 bill in my right, which would you choose? The $20 bill that has your school logo, or the big time? Oppurtunites are oppurtunities, and though Vince has said some dumb things in his day... he isn't stupid.
3. The SOONER you get young talent in and experienced, the SOONER you're back on top. If you hold onto the same talent as long as possible, you'll get burned when they all go pro or graduate the next year. Example= OU 2004 team vs OU 2005 team.

Hook 'Em Horns
1/14/2006, 03:54 PM
I guess I should just forget your losing three OL, 10 starters overall, and a diiference maker in Kejuan. Not to mention Wilson and Rankins. Yeah your fine.

Octavian
1/14/2006, 03:59 PM
I guess I should just forget your losing three OL, 10 starters overall, and a diiference maker in Kejuan. Not to mention Wilson and Rankins. Yeah your fine.

You should forget about this board.

Losing Wilson, Rankins, and Kejuan > Losing a one-man team

Octavian
1/14/2006, 04:26 PM
< crickets chirping >

sooneron
1/14/2006, 04:27 PM
And Jobu.

I thought you were outta here til Aug!!!????:texan:

Hook 'Em Horns
1/14/2006, 07:05 PM
I thought you were outta here til Aug!!!????:texan:

You think too much.

Big Red Ron
1/14/2006, 07:10 PM
I guess I should just forget your losing three OL, 10 starters overall, and a diiference maker in Kejuan. Not to mention Wilson and Rankins. Yeah your fine.heh, he said "difference maker" and Kejuan Jones in the same sentence. :mack:

OU-HSV
1/14/2006, 08:00 PM
heh, he said "difference maker" and Kejuan Jones in the same sentence. :mack:
That's what I was thinking...it wasn't even worth arguing about.

Rhino
1/15/2006, 02:55 AM
I guess I should just forget your losing three OL, 10 starters overall, and a diiference maker in Kejuan. Not to mention Wilson and Rankins. Yeah your fine. Your numbers are off, but that's okay - you're a horn.

Big losses: Dvoracek, Runnells
Dvoracek just for the impact he makes, but he isn't irreplaceable. Runnells may be a different story

Average losses: Ingram, Joseph, Wilson, Rice
Ingram made some big plays for us, but we have a couple guys that can step in. Joseph has great talent, but played out of position all year. Wilson is a good WR, but no world-beater. Rice might be the biggest loss out of this if we can't find a good DS.

Inconsequential losses: Chassion, Bush, Chester, Rankins, Moses, Jones, Ayodele, Dennison
Five of these were starters at some point - very replaceable starters. KJ was big in the RRS, but-uh-we have AD. Outside of Dennison's special-team play, you can't tell me anything these guys did that someone else on the team can't do.

shavedmarmoset
1/15/2006, 03:02 AM
I don't think losing Wilson is really that big of a deal. Sure he helped Bomar out every now and then but he was by no means the go-to receiver he was supposed to be. That job went to Malcolm Kelly.

Hook 'Em Horns
1/15/2006, 09:52 AM
Your numbers are off, but that's okay - you're a horn.

Big losses: Dvoracek, Runnells
Dvoracek just for the impact he makes, but he isn't irreplaceable. Runnells may be a different story

Average losses: Ingram, Joseph, Wilson, Rice
Ingram made some big plays for us, but we have a couple guys that can step in. Joseph has great talent, but played out of position all year. Wilson is a good WR, but no world-beater. Rice might be the biggest loss out of this if we can't find a good DS.

Inconsequential losses: Chassion, Bush, Chester, Rankins, Moses, Jones, Ayodele, Dennison
Five of these were starters at some point - very replaceable starters. KJ was big in the RRS, but-uh-we have AD. Outside of Dennison's special-team play, you can't tell me anything these guys did that someone else on the team can't do.

I believe you had AD "Always Disabled' last year too. As talented as he is, I'm not sure he can stay healthy all year. Especially behind that OL of yours.

Big Red Ron
1/15/2006, 10:28 AM
I believe you had AD "Always Disabled' last year too. As talented as he is, I'm not sure he can stay healthy all year. Especially behind that OL of yours.Yeah, because he's never been healthy for an entire year. :rolleyes: He limped to finished SECOND for the Heisman as a true freshman.

BillyBall
1/15/2006, 10:52 AM
Yeah, because he's never been healthy for an entire year. :rolleyes: He limped to finished SECOND for the Heisman as a true freshman.

BRR don't argue logic with this schumck, it will get you nowhere... Whorns are living in some fantasy that even without VY they will be at or near the same level. This just shows how delusional they are.

trwxxa
1/15/2006, 03:21 PM

For you H-town folk, he has another gig on the 22nd. Buy your tickets in advance. You don't have to use it, but it keeps a Whorn from getting their dream fulfilled.:P

http://www.tristarproductions.com/

goingoneight
1/15/2006, 03:48 PM

I don't know if that was aimed at me, but I do know I never said anything about us being a rapid-fire force next year, I think "fine" means that our QB won't drop the snap seven times against the same opponent, our running back won't be the only play-maker on the team, and our defense won't hobble off the field or roll off in a stretcher after every hit.

The off-years always have their benefits, Mr. Hook 'Em Whorns, If we play a high-caliber team next year, or flat out someone who wants the win more than us... I say OU finished 12-1, maybe 11-2, given 12 season games. Do I think OU will be "fine," yes... do I think they'll 'hang half-a-hundred' on all Big 12'ers??? don't necessarily think so...

We have to play the Ducks, faggies and Aggies among others at their home base, and all three of those, among others, have certainly had enough losing to OU through the years. If you look at our schedule, you'll know, well as I do, OU will never have a "cakewalk" to the MNC...