View Full Version : Just got this in an email

LifelongSooner
1/13/2006, 11:46 AM
Subject: SOONER PRAYER

Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned

I rooted for Texas.

I rooted because I live in the heartland and couldn't take another
year of "USC's invincibility."

I rooted because of the 47-game winning streak.

I rooted because of my Big 12 loyalty.

I rooted because all my Longhorn friends cheered for us at the Holiday
bowl.

I'm glad Texas won.

I feel SO dirty.

I hate Texas.

Amen.

caphorns
1/13/2006, 11:50 AM
You can't shake the devil that easy :)

NormanPride
1/13/2006, 11:52 AM
Sure you can. He's pretty light, for a... wait. That's not what you meant. Nevermind.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/13/2006, 12:31 PM
bowl.

Oh?

LifelongSooner
1/13/2006, 12:33 PM
Oh?

Yeah, all of mine did. Wait. Not that I *have* any longhorn friends, but *if* I did, they would do that. IF I did.

caphorns
1/13/2006, 12:55 PM
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzlin' you
Is the nature of my game . . .

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/05/01/06/young.jpg

BoomerJack
1/13/2006, 12:58 PM
Subject: SOONER PRAYER

Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned

I rooted for Texas.

I rooted because I live in the heartland and couldn't take another
year of "USC's invincibility."

I rooted because of the 47-game winning streak.

I rooted because of my Big 12 loyalty.

bowl.

I'm glad Texas won.

I feel SO dirty.

I hate Texas.

Amen.

This prayer is a good starting point but a old Sooner holy man that I know advises that to be totally absolved of this egregious sin, one must do the following.

You must make a pilgrimage to the sacred Holy Land of Norman, Oklahoma. There, in that holy city, near the intersection of Jenkins and Lindsay you will see a temple that the ancients called "Memorial Stadium". (Some say that blasphemers have renamed that temple to something that I will not mention here.)

Once there, you must walk around that holy structure, humming the words to the sacred hymn, "Boomer Sooner". (You can sing if you want but you might find yourself enrolled at "East Campus", if you know what I mean.) You must also offer prayers of thanksgiving to the Almighty for the Sooner heroes of seasons past. The number of laps around that holy structure is inconsequential. It's the effort that counts.

You must also beseech the Almighty to continue to inspire future stalwart lads to also come to this holy city and don the Crimson & Cream. Here they will do battle with the unholy ones from other institutions of the Big XII Conference.

Once you complete these tasks, you may repair to a local establishment that may or may not serve adult beverages. Feel free to imbibe in as many of said adult beverages as you wish, making toasts for the future of Oklahoma football.