PDA

View Full Version : Most Notable or famous people you have had a conversation with?

royalfan5
1/13/2006, 09:51 AM
for me it would be award winning Journalist Robin Wright, and ex-Quicksand, and Rival Schools frontman Walter Schriefls.

JohnnyMack
1/13/2006, 09:52 AM
:dean:

jk the sooner fan
1/13/2006, 09:56 AM
sat next to the guy who played robocop on an airplane, cant remember his name at the moment......

he was nice...

we exchanged a little small talk, and i say "so what do you do?" (because i had no idea who he was)....and he responds "i'm a movie star"......just as if he had said "i'm a saleman"

it took a bit for him to explain who he was and what he had starred in...

soonerbrat
1/13/2006, 09:58 AM
Sonny Shroyer.
http://www.nndb.com/people/967/000050817/courthouse70.jpg

soonerbrat
1/13/2006, 10:00 AM
sat next to the guy who played robocop on an airplane, cant remember his name at the moment......

he was nice...

we exchanged a little small talk, and i say "so what do you do?" (because i had no idea who he was)....and he responds "i'm a movie star"......just as if he had said "i'm a saleman"

movie "star"?

what has he done lately?

JohnnyMack
1/13/2006, 10:02 AM
movie "star"?

what has he done lately?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000693/

jk the sooner fan
1/13/2006, 10:03 AM
movie "star"?

what has he done lately?

well this was over 10 years ago......

HoserSooner
1/13/2006, 10:04 AM
Geddy Lee of Rush, Wendel Clark former Maple Leaf, and 'Double J' Jeff Jarrett of wrestling fame.

I don't know how meaningful a conversation can be while I was simply pumping gas into their cars? :)

soonerbrat
1/13/2006, 10:04 AM
if I haven't heard of him..he's not a "star"

C&CDean
1/13/2006, 10:07 AM
Barry Switzer
Bob Stoops
Bart Starr
J.C. Watts
Jack Mildren
Derrick Shepard
Patrick Ewing
Sugar Ray Leonard
Linda Carter (Wonder Woman)
Alice Cooper
B.J. Thomas
Lance Burton
Lance Armstrong
John Potter (Postmaster General)
Bob Gibson
A whole ****pot of other Sooner greats as well.

Less important people I've hobnobbed with:

Bill Clinton
Hillary
Al Gore
Chelsea Clinton
Tipper Gore
Secret Service agents

Pieces Hit
1/13/2006, 10:08 AM
I hit the original sax player from Saturday Night Live (also in The Blues Brothers movie), Lou Marini - in the knee with a conga during a jazz festival.
Looked like it hurt.

mrowl
1/13/2006, 10:08 AM
TRRoy Williams on the plane ride home from the '02 Rose Bowl

Dennis Quaid on different plane ride from LAX, very nice guy.

soonerbrat
1/13/2006, 10:10 AM
TRRoy Williams on the plane ride home from the '02 Rose Bowl

Dennis Quaid on different plane ride from LAX, very nice guy.

mmmmmmmmmm.....Dennis Quaid

1stTimeCaller
1/13/2006, 10:14 AM
JC Watts used to stop by for dinner when he was running for his first term and then throughout his Congressional career. He was just glad my stepdad wouldn't talk to the Daily Oklahoman when they called everyday when JC was running for his first term.

Met and drank played golf with a few of the Broncos when I lived in Denver.

Met and drank and played cards with a few of the Rockies when I was in Denver.

Know dozens of TX Country musicians and college football and basketball coaches in Oklahoma.

1/13/2006, 10:17 AM
Lyle Lovett.

I met Roy Clark when I was a kid, but we didn't really discuss much.

jk the sooner fan
1/13/2006, 10:17 AM
JC Watts is definitely a Sooner I'd love to meet and talk with....

IB4OU2
1/13/2006, 10:18 AM
Barry Switzer
James Garner
Leroy Selman
Jack Mildren
Bill Clinton (When he was an unknown living in Fayetteville, AR)
General Tom Stafford
Joe Castiglione
Bob Stoops

Dean Blevins (I went to school with him)

soonerbrat
1/13/2006, 10:19 AM
oh yeah. I saw Barry Switzer on a plane when I was in high school. He's a dirty old man. I think he was trying to look up my skirt.

Mjcpr
1/13/2006, 10:21 AM
Barry Switzer
James Garner
Leroy Selman
Jack Mildren
Bill Clinton (When he was an unknown living in Fayetteville, AR)
General Tom Stafford
Joe Castiglione
Bob Stoops

Dean Blevins (I went to school with him)

You forgot to add me to your list, Steve.

1stTimeCaller
oh yeah. I saw Barry Switzer on a plane when I was in high school. He's a dirty old man. I think he was trying to look up my skirt.

I'm not doubting you but just how is that possible on a commercial airliner?

Mjcpr

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif

soonerbrat
1/13/2006, 10:24 AM
Actually, I was carrying my tennis racquet and the cover on it said "Prince Pro" Barry asked if I was a Pro.

i was wearing a short skirt. I had to stand on my tiptoes to put my bag in the overhad bin..THAT's when he tried to look up my skirt...

GDC
1/13/2006, 10:24 AM

he was nice...

I saw Peter Weller at a restaurant in Taos once, but I didn't go over.

Pieces Hit
1/13/2006, 10:33 AM
Actually, I was carrying my tennis racquet and the cover on it said "Prince Pro" Barry asked if I was a Pro.

i was wearing a short skirt. I had to stand on my tiptoes to put my bag in the overhad bin..THAT's when he tried to look up my skirt...
NEWS FLASH!

That wouldn't make Barry a dirty old man.
That would make Barry a man.

TopDaugIn2000
1/13/2006, 10:33 AM
The cast of "Maybe It's Me", including:
Julia Sweeney (also on SNL)
Reagan Dale Neis
Patrick Levis
Ellen Albertini Dow (played the rappin granny on The Wedding Singer)
Vicki Davis
Fred Willard (From Roseanne, Everybody Love Raymond, Anchorman)

Naomi Judd (she was guest staring on the show, when she found out I was going to school in Norman and started talking about her concerts in the LNC)

Denise Alexander (played on General Hospital forever) http://imdb.com/name/nm0018368/

Richard Colla (Denise's husband), a director http://imdb.com/name/nm0171619/

Good friends with Peter Wooley, Production Designer of movies such as Blazing Saddles & Olly Olly Oxen Free. http://imdb.com/name/nm0941120/ Went to work with him a few times.

And I've met all of these thru my uncle, a Producer. He did Moonlighting, Roseanne, Cybill, etc. http://imdb.com/name/nm0199656/ not bad for a Stillwater State Grad :O

And a local Celeb:
Sherri Coale. Met her at the LAX airport after the UCLA game. I was out there visiting my uncle and she was on a recruiting trip. We chatted it up for a while.

1stTimeCaller
1/13/2006, 10:34 AM
I went to a party at Tony Casillas' house after they played the Bears for the regular season ender back in 1992 I think. It was Mike Singletary's last game, I think Walter Peyton's as well but I could be wrong. Emmitt just set the season rushing record or led the league for the first time in his career which was all great but then we go over to Tony's house and Nate Newton, Charles Haley, Mike Saxon(?) the kicker, Russell Maryland, Chad Hennings and some other player were over there. It was the most awesomest thing a kid in the 7th grade could ask for. Tony had his Lombardi trophy and others in his game room. Getting to touch that trophy was pretty danged cool.
Chad Hennings was super nice, I bugged him about the AFA and flying jets, Russell was very quiet and just ate and hung out with his wife. Charles Haley has a lisp and is a very funny guy. Nate was a loudmouthed fun-loving jerk who predicted the NCAA wouldn't be around in 10 years. The kicker guy was really nice as well.

Sooner in Tampa
Lee Roy Selmon
Ronde Barber
Joe Jurevicius
Toby Keith

soonerbrat
NEWS FLASH!

That wouldn't make Barry a dirty old man.
That would make Barry a man.

Uh, i was 16 at the time.

DIRTY. OLD. MAN.

IB4OU2
1/13/2006, 10:39 AM
You forgot to add me to your list, Steve.

Yes that "less important" category is kinda thin...........;)

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2006, 10:39 AM
Barry Switzer
Cliff Branch
Pete Rose
Mark Schlereth (wrestled him in practice once-he used to stop by after the season was over)
Sundry others

jk the sooner fan
1/13/2006, 10:43 AM
Peter Weller, thats the name, thanks gdc

i've met plenty of sooners at auto sessions, but i dont count those

TopDaugIn2000
1/13/2006, 10:44 AM
Peter Weller, thats the name, thanks gdc

i've met plenty of sooners at auto sessions, but i dont count those

Saw Barry at Braum's one night getting banana split, spoke to him, he said "Hello" back. I don't really count that as a conversation either though.

Pieces Hit
1/13/2006, 10:48 AM

DIRTY. OLD. MAN.If you only knew the truth.

C&CDean
1/13/2006, 10:50 AM

DIRTY. OLD. MAN.

You're what, 5'11"? You're nice looking. Probably look much older than your 16 years (you know, past Stanley's age-of-interest). You're wearing a short skirt. You reach up into the overhead bin and your skirt is even shorter now. Your business is about 1 foot from Barry's face. Let me just say this:

The Pope of Rome would take a gander. Billy Graham would probably give it a little blessing of his own. Hell, our resident homo Johnny Mack would probably even sneak a glance.

Don't be all "dirty old man" unless Barry asked you to lick the lollipop or something.

TUSooner
1/13/2006, 10:50 AM
Barry Switzer
Bob Stoops
Bart Starr
J.C. Watts
Jack Mildren
Derrick Shepard
Patrick Ewing
Sugar Ray Leonard
Linda Carter (Wonder Woman)
Alice Cooper
B.J. Thomas
Lance Burton
Lance Armstrong
John Potter (Postmaster General)
Bob Gibson
A whole ****pot of other Sooner greats as well.

Bill Clinton
Hillary
Al Gore
Chelsea Clinton
Tipper Gore
Secret Service agents
Someone telling you "Stay away from me!" is not a conversation. :rolleyes:

I once had a chat with Viscount Alamein, the son of Field Marshal Viscount Bernard L. Montgomery. So he's not famous, but his dad was, and the old fellow and the Mrs were very friendly as we walked down the street together.
In no particular order, as best I can remember:

Foster Brooks (anybody remember him? He used to play a drunk giving speeches.)
Archie Manning
Ensign George Gay (sole survivor of Torpedo 8, at the Battle of Midway)
Gallagher

Pieces Hit
1/13/2006, 10:55 AM
You're what, 5'11"? You're nice looking. Probably look much older than your 16 years (you know, past Stanley's age-of-interest). You're wearing a short skirt. You reach up into the overhead bin and your skirt is even shorter now. Your business is about 1 foot from Barry's face. Let me just say this:

The Pope of Rome would take a gander. Billy Graham would probably give it a little blessing of his own. Hell, our resident homo Johnny Mack would probably even sneak a glance.

Don't be all "dirty old man" unless Barry asked you to lick the lollipop or something.The only ones that WOULDN'T look would be the one's sitting with their wives (but they would try).

I would be worried about Barry if he didn't.

Stanley1
1/13/2006, 10:56 AM

Don't be all "dirty old man" unless Barry asked you to lick the lollipop or something.

LOL.....even though you made fun of me.

soonerbrat
1/13/2006, 10:59 AM

I'm 5'9" now. I was 5'7" back then.

the way he cackled when he asked if i was a "Pro" was bordering on asking me to lick the lollipop :D

and you think i didn't show him my "business" on purpose?

just sayin.

C&CDean
1/13/2006, 11:00 AM
Someone telling you "Stay away from me!" is not a conversation. :rolleyes:

Dude, I didn't include those types of "conversations" in my list. Well, except for that the Secret Service guys did say that initially.

OU4LIFE
1/13/2006, 11:00 AM
Barry Switzer (during recruiting)

Troy Aikman
Tony Mandarich
Broderick Thomas
Andy Heck
Joe Wolf
Brian Williams
Tom Ricketts
Steve Wisniewski
Daryl Johnston
Dennis Byrd
Wesley Walls

all guys who weren't famous but wound up in the nfl. I met them at several football camps.

and of course :dean:

picasso
1/13/2006, 11:01 AM
mmmmmmmmmm.....Dennis Quaid
even with the botox? his forehead doesn't move ya know.

C&CDean
1/13/2006, 11:05 AM
I'm 5'9" now. I was 5'7" back then.

the way he cackled when he asked if i was a "Pro" was bordering on asking me to lick the lollipop :D

and you think i didn't show him my "business" on purpose?

just sayin.

So, you were a little 16 year old strumpet who was flashing her panties at an old man - and now he's the dirty one? I. DON'T. THINK. SO.

Besides, he's The King. He can have any princess he wishes.

Stanley1
1/13/2006, 11:05 AM
So, you were a little 16 year old strumpet who was flashing her panties at an old man - and now he's the dirty one? I. DON'T. THINK. SO.

Besides, he's The King. He can have any princess he wishes.

Agreed. Anyone that has met brat knows she was prolly asking for it.

C&CDean
1/13/2006, 11:06 AM

Troy Aikman
Tony Mandarich
Broderick Thomas
Andy Heck
Joe Wolf
Brian Williams
Tom Ricketts
Steve Wisniewski
Daryl Johnston
Dennis Byrd
Wesley Walls

all guys who weren't famous but wound up in the nfl. I met them at several football camps.

Glaringly missing from your list is "The Bruce." Perhaps the richest, most famous human ever.

handcrafted
1/13/2006, 11:07 AM
JC Watts
Uwe Von Schamann
Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

these guys: www.marillion.com
and this guy: www.the-company.com

C&CDean
1/13/2006, 11:09 AM
Dude, Uwe ain't famous. He doesn't count.

kmsooners28
1/13/2006, 11:10 AM
Terrell Owens
Bill Russell
Dave Winfield
Adrian Peterson
Bob Stoops
Steve Owens
Ice Cube
Ashton Kutcher
Helio Castroneves (winner of the 2001 & 2002 Indy500)

Sooner in Tampa
1/13/2006, 11:11 AM
Dude, Uwe ain't famous. He doesn't count.He nailed a FG to beat those bastiges for tOSU...he is famous.:P

handcrafted
1/13/2006, 11:11 AM
Dude, Uwe ain't famous. He doesn't count.

He's as famous as any of the other NFL players that have been mentioned. But have it your way. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
1/13/2006, 11:13 AM
He nailed a FG to beat those bastiges for tOSU...he is famous.:P

I've drunk enough beer with Uwe to float a battleship. He's given one of my sons kicking lessons. I've known him personally for about 15 years or so. He's just so common around Norman that it's hard to include him on a "famous" list.

Mjcpr
1/13/2006, 11:14 AM

Troy Aikman
Tony Mandarich
Broderick Thomas
Andy Heck
Joe Wolf
Brian Williams
Tom Ricketts
Steve Wisniewski
Daryl Johnston
Dennis Byrd
Wesley Walls

You forgot to include me on your list, Hairy.

jk the sooner fan
1/13/2006, 11:23 AM
I've drunk enough beer with Uwe to float a battleship. He's given one of my sons kicking lessons. I've known him personally for about 15 years or so. He's just so common around Norman that it's hard to include him on a "famous" list.

any chance you could help facilitate an auto on my helmet? :)

crawfish
1/13/2006, 11:24 AM
I traded pm's with mjcpr once.

C&CDean
1/13/2006, 11:26 AM
any chance you could help facilitate an auto on my helmet? :)

Dude, I ain't a pimp. If you want some of that kinky business you're gonna have to set it up your own damn self.

TUSooner
1/13/2006, 11:34 AM
Oh yeah, I chatted with Justice Stephen Breyer outside the Superdome at the Super Bowl his team (the Patriots) lost down here.

Tear Down This Wall
1/13/2006, 11:34 AM
George W. Bush...at the 1994 opening of the Ballpark in Arlington. He hadn't announced his candidacy for Texas governor yet.

J.C. Watts and Steve Owens...before the 1995 Kansas game (with the horrid 22 play drive and its three or four foruth down conversions). They were milling around outside the locker room.

Reggie Cleveland...relief pitcher for the Texas Rangers way back in the day. My dad wrote his insurance. We were at a game at old Arlington Stadium in seats down the first base line near the Ranger bullpen. Reggie saw my dad sitting there and came over and talked to us.

Darrell Porter and U.L. Washington...when I was kid my dad's company had season tickets to Ranger games. He'd take us two to three hours before the games started. I'd watch batting practice and get autographs from the visiting team. The Royals back then (around 1977 -1980) were great.

Anyway, I saw Darrell Porter and walked over with my baseball and he not only signed it, but game me a homemade peanut butter cookie that the people he was talking to had given him. I was like nine or ten years old, and man that was big to me!

U.L. Washington had an interesting little discussion with me that day as well. I always liked U.L. because he was from a little town near Atoka we passed through every Thanksgiving on the way to visit my dad's folks in Tulsa.

I saw U.L. standing around the batters circle, swing a bat around, waiting for his turn in the cages. I was the only kid standing down there at the time (George Brett had emerged from the dugout and was in the outfield, so all of the other kids were out near the Royals bullpen trying to get him to sign). So, U.L.'s swinging the bat and he sees me standing there watching him, and sees my baseball. He says, "You want me to sign that, boy?" I was terrified. I managed to stammer out a "yes, sir" as he was walking over.

When he got over there, I handed him the ball. He continued to talk to me as he signed the ball. "Son," he said, "If you want something in life, you've got to demand it. If you want an autograph, you've got to demand it, 'Hey, can I have your autograph!'" I said, "Okay" and "thank you." He just walked away and took his batting practice. My dad was sitting a few rows back and was just chuckling when I walked back over there.

Steve Collins...I went to interview for a job in Dallas once for a banking company (whose name escapes me now because it's been merged for about a deacade now with some other bank). Anyway, I walked in the door and sitting there at a desk working away on a computer was none other than former OU QB Steve Collins. I didn't get the job, but Steve and I had a nice little discussion about OU football.

Barry Switzer...it's difficult to be a Sooner fan and not run into Barry. I saw him in Dallas at his coaches show that used to air on The Ticket...with Dean Blevins. I went up and talked to him during a commercial break the week after the fourth down call in 1995 against Philly. The Dallas press was really sticking it to him over that. I told him I'd have made the same call; he chuckled and said thanks.

A couple of years ago, 2001 or 2002, I mingled around a tailgate after a game long enough for most of the traffic to leave. As I was walking back to my car, Switzer and Larry Lacewell were leaving the Stadium and were walking aross the street. Switz was...well, maybe a little peppy from his beverage choice. Anyway, I didn't want to stop and spare them to death so I just said, "Hey." Switzer stopped and said, "Hey, did you know this was the world famous Larry Lacewell here?" I said yes. Switzer laughed. Lacewell looked uncomfortable.

Steve Bartlett...former U.S. Congressman and Mayor of Dallas. When Bartlett was making his first run for Congress (1982) my parents held a party for him at our house. My dad was precinct chairman for the Republican Party in Richardson back then. Steve and his family came over and met, well...a bunch of Republicans that had helped him beat Kay Bailey Hutchinson in the primary. Barlett eventually won the race and served four terms before stepping down and running for mayor of Dallas in 1990. He won that one, too. Good man, Steve Bartlett.

1stTimeCaller
1/13/2006, 11:35 AM
I used to lay some pipe to Miss Teen Texas 1997 when we were at OU.

jk the sooner fan
1/13/2006, 11:39 AM
Dude, I ain't a pimp. If you want some of that kinky business you're gonna have to set it up your own damn self.

i see how you are, get your gay sex and then treat me like the 2 bit autograph whore i am......thanks dean, that hurts me where i live

C&CDean
1/13/2006, 11:43 AM
i see how you are, get your gay sex and then treat me like the 2 bit autograph whore i am......thanks dean, that hurts me where i live

XOXO:D

85Sooner
1/13/2006, 12:02 PM
Barry Switzer
Tobe Hooper (texas Chainsaw Massacre director)
Mike judge
Kevin Rollins (dell ceo)
Sandra Bullock
Ryan (her boyfriend at the time) Played in several movies. Nice Guy.
Scott rockenfeld (Queens ryche drummer)
Thats about it.

Skysooner
1/13/2006, 12:32 PM
Kurt Vonnegut
Morgan Fairchild
G. Gordon Liddy
John Madden

OU4LIFE
1/13/2006, 12:37 PM
Glaringly missing from your list is "The Bruce." Perhaps the richest, most famous human ever.

point taken. Please don't tell him I dissed him.

OU4LIFE
1/13/2006, 12:39 PM
You forgot to include me on your list, Hairy.

You're there, right below troy aikman. I use that name to encapsulate all the famous failures that I know.

Mjcpr
1/13/2006, 12:39 PM
You're there, right below troy aikman. I use that name to encapsulate all the famous failures that I know.

That hurts me, Hairy.

Why is Troy a failure?

OhU1
1/13/2006, 12:42 PM
Bob Lilly
Author William Manchester
Jim Nantz

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/13/2006, 12:48 PM
Hey I am from Atoka Oklahoma too, there is honestly nothing to talk about when discussing that place. U.L. Washington is a pretty cool guy. I have talked to Reba McEntire when she had no make up and looked rather blah, I didn't even know she was famous. Lynn Swann is a really nice guy, I told him my dad thought he was the greatest WR ever and I was like but Jerry Rice is better and he was like you are probably right. Brad Henry and his wife, That TBS sideline reporter lady. I once had a drunk Barry Switzer sign an autograph at the Rose Bowl and he signed like 8 things and every signature was completely different.

Harry Beanbag
1/13/2006, 12:58 PM
I used to lay some pipe to Miss Teen Texas 1997 when we were at OU.

This one?

http://www.misstexasusa.com/teen-winners/pics/large/1997_large.jpg

Ike
1/13/2006, 01:14 PM
me...not too many...maybe none. there are a few people in the ranks of major league baseball that (current and former) I have had the chance to know...but I wouldn't call many of them notable.

but my father in law likes to tell the story of when he was first working in the computer industry and put in a call to a small 3 man operation in Redmond about purchasing some of their software. The man he spoke with on the other end of the line was one Mr. Bill Gates.

GDC
1/13/2006, 01:24 PM
Jenna Jameson and Katie Morgan at the same time.

NickZeppelin
1/13/2006, 01:30 PM
Probably JC Watts Jr. In fact my dad has known JC since he was born.

BeetDigger
1/13/2006, 01:45 PM
Jenna Jameson and Katie Morgan at the same time.

I think I saw that movie.

1stTimeCaller
1/13/2006, 01:50 PM
This one?

http://www.misstexasusa.com/teen-winners/pics/large/1997_large.jpg

nope.

apparently she wasn't Miss Teen TX 1997.

lying beyotch, making me a liar.

OhU1
1/13/2006, 01:51 PM
Forgot Steve Owens, nice guy. Everyone's met Barry Switzer.

My parents were having a small party some years back. I'm upstairs and hear a voice that sounds like Jack Nicholson coming from downstairs and everyone laughing. Billy Tubbs. Turns out my mother and Tubbs wife were friends.

mdklatt
1/13/2006, 02:02 PM
Drs. Bob and Joanne Simpson. Bob is the Simpson in the Saffir-Simpson Scale of hurricane intensity. Joanne was the first woman to receive a Ph.D. in meteorology.

I've seen Bob Barry Sr. shopping at Albertson's a few times. He's always smiling and waving at everybody.

Mjcpr
1/13/2006, 02:07 PM
I've seen Bob Barry Sr. shopping at Albertson's a few times. He's always smiling and waving at everybody.

Was he wearing a bath robe and different color socks?

OUthunder
1/13/2006, 02:08 PM
Ted Kennedy

RiddlerOK
1/13/2006, 02:20 PM
Each of these individuals I have had the pleasure of sitting down and speaking with from 5-30 minutes:

Regis Philbin (I was on Millionaire and got to speak with him for about 10 minutes backstage. Unfortunately, I didn't make it into the seat.)
Bob Stoops (Sat next to him on a plane flight from St. Louis to OKC in 2001)
Mayor Flynn of Boston in 1984 (met him during Fleet Week)
Lindsay Buckingham and John McVie (talked to them when they stopped by the Sonic Drive-In where I worked in 1977. They were doing a road trip after cutting "Rumours")
Josh Heupel (He visited my workplace in 2003 and I got a few minutes to ask him how it felt to crush Saxet, K-State and Nebraska 3 weeks in a row in 2000)

TopDaugIn2000
1/13/2006, 02:25 PM
OH OH OH! I almost forgot!!!!

The mullet d00d from Big Red Sports kept annoying me at Sonic one day. I had my chihuahua with me and he kept asking questions/telling me stories about chihuahuas. Just as annoying in person as he is on TV I might add.

1stTimeCaller
1/13/2006, 02:28 PM
you're on TV??? ;)

BeetDigger
1/13/2006, 02:34 PM
Ted Kennedy

Was he slurring?

mdklatt
1/13/2006, 03:04 PM
OH OH OH! I almost forgot!!!!

The mullet d00d from Big Red Sports kept annoying me at Sonic one day.

I saw Chad Stevens (the annoying Fowler commercial guy) while in the waiting area at Fowler Honda. I had a chance to trip him as he walked by, but I didn't. :O

TopDaugIn2000
1/13/2006, 03:11 PM
I saw Chad Stevens (the annoying Fowler commercial guy) while in the waiting area at Fowler Honda. I had a chance to trip him as he walked by, but I didn't. :O

I would've

Beef
1/13/2006, 03:17 PM
All Dallas Cowboys, ownership and coaches between 1998 and 2001, including:les: . He truly deserved Stoolwater and deserves all of the criticism given to him on this board. Pompass ***.

Calvin Hill was my favorite of the Cowboys family to talk to. Every bit as nice as he seems in interviews and such. Very humble and caring. A pretty decent running back from what I've seen, as well. No surprise the NBA wanted Grant Hill to be the face of the NBA.

opksooner
1/13/2006, 03:26 PM
I met Bud Wilkinson on an elevator in St. Louis once.

Me: "Hello, Coach."

BW: "Hello."

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/13/2006, 03:29 PM

Bill Clinton

Ya gotta be careful using "nobbed" and Bill Cinton in the same posting....

Mjcpr
1/13/2006, 03:30 PM
Ya gotta be careful using "nobbed" and Bill Cinton in the same posting....

No, that's what he meant.

VeeJay
1/13/2006, 04:01 PM
P.J. O'Rourke
Rush Limbaugh
Cindy Crawford
A bunch of NASCAR good ol' boys

BeetDigger
1/13/2006, 04:34 PM
No, that's what he meant.

What goes on in Dean's house, stays in Dean's house.

Shamrock
1/14/2006, 04:02 AM
I got to meet former President Gerald Ford for a brief moment in San Diego Stadium at an event for the first Holiday Bowl. He was at the salad bar in the club on the Press Level (I was a teenager, my Grandparents had the membership.) I just said "hi".

Got to talk to former British Prime Minister, Sir Edward Heath, for a few minutes after an Economics lecture he gave while in college.

I met former Army General (and later became Clinton Admin Drug Czar) Barry McCaffrey while I served in Operation Desert Storm. I can't tell you what we talked about. :D

But, my favorite famous person was getting to meet Johnny Unitas at Chargers Day at Camp in his final NFL season. I was only 10, but it is still a vivid memory of just saying "hi" and telling him to have a good season.

Flagstaffsooner
1/14/2006, 04:50 AM
Suzanne Pleshette held my face against her bosom when I was 7 years old. Does that count?

BoogercountySooner
1/14/2006, 05:15 AM
James Garner
Barry Switzer
Merv Johnson
DAve Bliss
Bill Clinton
Clifford Ray
Waymon Tisdale
Steve Owens
CAlled Dean Blevins a Pu$$y once
Donny Gay
Bill Dance
Bob Foulkrod
Will Primos
Roland Martin
Larry Nixon
Forrest Wood
John Bunch[held national record for rushing 608 yards]
Jimmy Houston
Prince of Belgium cant remember his name!
Sam Walton

Boffingham
1/14/2006, 05:37 AM
Myself

SkipTracer
1/14/2006, 10:44 AM
I met Ida B, 3-D Danny, HO Ho the clown, Squatty & the Bot-ties and Chuck Berry. Chuck Is a prick.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/9973/hoho9df.jpg

bigdsooner
1/14/2006, 11:26 AM
tom cruise, matt dillon, emilio estevez, patrick swayze (all when the outsiders was being filmed in Tulsa... autograph & chat for about 15-20 min) about 95% of the time they talked to my sister and her friends, i was 11.
andre the giant,
met marryann from gilligans island at an airport restraunt in tx bout 10 years ago

DCSooner
1/14/2006, 11:28 AM
GWB
Clinton

Don Nickles
Dole
SOTH Hastert
Ashcroft
Mueller
Rummy

Ben Stiller
Matthew Modine
Oliver Stone
Jamie Foxx
James Woods
Stephen Dorff
Frasier

Willard Scott

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2006, 12:23 PM
I traded PMs with OUDizzle.

Phil
1/14/2006, 12:28 PM
CAlled Dean Blevins a Pu$$y once

Only once? Amateur.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/14/2006, 02:19 PM
I believe anyone that has met Doleomite should have only one answer

Hublah
1/14/2006, 02:27 PM
I programmed Shaquille O'neals cell phone for him. Cool to talk to!

OklahomaTrombone
1/14/2006, 02:30 PM
I talk to myself daily.

47straight
1/15/2006, 03:42 AM
Oh yeah, I chatted with Justice Stephen Breyer outside the Superdome at the Super Bowl his team (the Patriots) lost down here.

Did you ask him what ever gave him such crazy ideas about copyright?

47straight
1/15/2006, 03:46 AM
I've had precious few brushes with greatness.

Bob Lily - talked with him from the checkin line all through a southwest flight. People were pointing, etc, and I'm all, are you famous or something, and he's all, yeah, i played football, and I'm all, what was the coolest thing you experienced, and he's all, winning the superbowl. Was a super nice guy. Told me to look him up when I'm in town.

Flagstaffsooner
1/15/2006, 07:21 AM
I met Ida B, 3-D Danny, HO Ho the clown, Squatty & the Bot-ties and Chuck Berry. Chuck Is a prick.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/9973/hoho9df.jpg
Ho-Ho was cool. Ida-B used to tell me about her cut out bra, mirror above her bed and wearing young guys out. Scared the crap out of me.

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2006, 12:27 PM
What exactly constitutes a conversation? The funniest thing was when Tommy McDonald called me a couple of years ago; i had written to him requesting an autograph and enclosed a check for one of his autograph packages, and he called me a few weeks later and we talked for about 15 minutes; really nice guy and he even talked to my son. I've also had short conversations with Steve and Tinker Owens, Mike Modano, Brenden Morrow, Terry Donahue, Garry Unger, and several recent Sooners.

john

Blue
1/15/2006, 11:57 PM
Jerry Rice. (on the phone)

John Gruden.

sanantoniosooner
1/16/2006, 12:10 AM
I had an extended conversation with Spiderman at Universal Studios.

sooneron
1/16/2006, 12:27 AM
Matt Dillon - partied with him and Fisher Stevens
Pricilla Presley
Rosanna Arquette
Jerry Seinfeld
The Black Crowes
Lenny Kravitz
whoopie Goldberg
Spalding Gray
John riggins
Len Dykstra
Pay - Rod
Mary Pierce
Patrick Ewing
Derek Jeter
Boomer Esiason
Mike Ditka
Dave Remington
Sandra Bullock
Steve Owens - old friend
Armand Assante
Spike Lee
Regis
Maria Grazia Cuccinota
Christy Turlington
Charlize Theron
The Stones- mainly Ron and Mick

I'm sure I've forgotten a few. Too many shoots.

pb4ou
1/16/2006, 01:04 AM
Stunned Aggie

AllAboutThe'O'
1/16/2006, 01:20 AM
The most recent notable person I've had a conversation with was Lauren Shoush, who played on the OU women's hoop team. This was a month ago, she's an assistant coach for Norman High now.

I also had a brief conversation last summer with Chris Young, who was pitching for the Rangers at the time and was recently traded to San Diego. Super nice guy, I'm still mad at the Rangers for making that trade.

Another guy I talked to was Neal McCoy, the country singer. I'm not a country music fan, but when I was working in east Texas, McCoy's sister was married to one of the basketball coaches down there and McCoy would usually attend his brother-in-law's games. Came up to me one night and introduced himself, real nice guy.

This was a long time ago, but Billy Sims, when he was playing for the Detroit Lions, spoke at my hometown high school one night and I met him and got his autograph. His high school football coach later became the coach at my high school.

I guess this also counts as notable, but the other night, I ran into Derek Fine, who plays tight end for Kansas and hails from Sallisaw. I watched him play in high school and I congratulated him on the Jayhawks' victory in the Fort Worth Bowl. Talked with him for a few minutes.

DCSooner
1/16/2006, 11:21 AM
I forgot the Labontes' All of them.

TURN LEFT!!!!!!!

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 11:23 AM
DC Sooner

DCSooner
1/16/2006, 01:05 PM
DC Sooner

This isn't the "boys you made out with in Deans trailor" thread.

critical_phil
1/16/2006, 01:45 PM
i've posted in the other "famous people you've met" threads that shooter jennings put me up for the night one time when i was visiting my b-i-l in hollywood.

that was after having dinner with he and his dad. it was less than a year before waylon died. he was very subdued that night. nice guy who asked a lot of questions and listened. didn't talk about himself at all unless someone asked about the good ol days.

Hot Rod
1/16/2006, 01:52 PM
Got to spend a week and a half with Waylon Jennings on his tour bus while in California and Vegas!

soonerbrat
1/16/2006, 02:18 PM
This isn't the "boys you made out with in Deans trailor" thread.

yes, the list would be much longer

Oldnslo
1/16/2006, 02:54 PM
Pretty much every on-air personality with Cox Radio in Tulsa and a few other stations' folks, too.

Bill LaFortune, Brad Henry, Steve Largent, George Nigh, a substantial minority of the Oklahoma Supreme Court, Troy Aikman, The Boz, Keith Jackson, and Walter Koenig.

Chuck Bao
1/16/2006, 03:34 PM
Lord Harold Wilson (former UK prime minister): At a dinner to host his speaking tour 25 years ago, he asked me my name to make a point about Americans with British heritage and I didn't help his case because my name is very German.
Anand Panyarachun (former Thai prime minister): I used to work for Anand before, in between and after his two stints as Thai prime minister in the 90s. As a diplomat, Anand was also instrumental in the US reapproachment of China in the 70s, helping to set up Nixon's trip to Red China.
Thaksin Shinawatra (current Thai prime minister): One hour one-on-one interview prior to his move into politics.
Mechai Viravaidya (or Mr. Condoms): This guy is a true hero in my books. Under the first Anand government, he served as health minister and probably saved a million lives with his very aggressive AIDS awareness campaign.

Pieces Hit
1/16/2006, 03:45 PM
Marilyn Monroe
Winston Churchill
Charlie Chaplin
Abe Lincoln
Helen Keller
Adolf Hitler
Wolfgang Mozart

Yeah, that's the ticket.
I met 'em all.

GrapevineSooner
1/16/2006, 05:32 PM
Julio Franco.

I was about 10 or 11 when the Rangers traded for him and he was on some sports radio show on a Saturday morning.

I asked him about his batting stance.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/16/2006, 05:51 PM
Anand Panyarachun
Thaksin Shinawatra Mechai Viravaidya .

gessundheit

Harry Beanbag
1/16/2006, 06:07 PM
Julio Franco.

I was about 10 or 11 when the Rangers traded for him and he was on some sports radio show on a Saturday morning.

I asked him about his batting stance.

I think the Mets just signed him to a two year contract. He can't be a day over 65 years old now.

MamaMia
1/16/2006, 06:33 PM
I think the Mets just signed him to a two year contract. He can't be a day over 65 years old now.I called a question in to the Larry King show. Plus I stayed in the same hotel as Gwenyth Paltrow during the Rose Bowl when the Sooners played there. Shes a snot. I was outside in the alleyway of our hotel, the Beverly Hills Luxe' on Rodeo, waiting for the valet to bring our car around and she shunned a little old lady. She sic'ed her man on her by acting all frightened to death just because the sweet little old lady about 85 years old walked up to introduce herself. Give me a break! :rolleyes: There were only her 4 people, the two of us and the little old lady and the gentleman she was with. I gave her a piece of my mind. I said..."Well, arent you the high and mighty little Miss Priss being rude to little old ladies?" Her man came at me. I told him if he touched me with that stubby little arm of his I would break it off like a twig. :P

I think she has been more friendly like since then. :D

Thats all I can think of, but I'm sure there are more. Oh...my uncle is a Pulizer prize winner, but hes really not all that famous.

walkoffsooner
1/16/2006, 08:42 PM
Johnny Bench he was sort of a nasty sort.
eddie murphy in vegas good guy
Mike Tyson in vegas nice guy but scary thinker
Toby Keith busy man

Al Gore
1/16/2006, 08:59 PM
Too many to list and you wouldn't believe me anyway.....