PDA

View Full Version : WOW watch out here comes USC

sooner13f
1/12/2006, 08:39 PM
They are flying up the ranks with their 4-5 star commits...Just nailed Goodson, moody already headed there. 18 Commits ESPN has them at #2 jumping Texas. Scout and Rivals still have them at 14 commits.

Widescreen
1/12/2006, 09:40 PM
You mean Goodson didn't go back to OSU? :D

Soonerus
1/12/2006, 09:52 PM
You mean Goodson didn't go back to OSU? :D

Boone State supporters are sooooo disappointed...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/13/2006, 12:28 AM
I'm glad Goodson went to suc instead of ag. He'll not necessarily play so much at suc.

The Consumate Showman
1/13/2006, 09:24 AM
I'm glad Goodson went to suc instead of ag. He'll not necessarily play so much at suc.

Heard this morning on the Animal that Robert Allen reported Goodson was coming to Booneland this weekend on an official visit....

Could this be the first of many "buy-offs" for the aggots??

Welcome to Stoolwater Hart-lee Goodson.....I'm T-Bone Pickens.....

caphorns
1/13/2006, 10:42 AM
Heard this morning on the Animal that Robert Allen reported Goodson was coming to Booneland this weekend on an official visit....

Could this be the first of many "buy-offs" for the aggots??

Welcome to Stoolwater Hart-lee Goodson.....I'm T-Bone Pickens.....

I was just thinking the absolutely exact same thing.

ogre
1/19/2006, 12:06 AM
<div align=center><embed type='application/x-mplayer2' autosize='true' autostart='true' src='http://www.bestvideocodes.net/bvcasx/nelly-grillz.asx' width='300' height='260' ShowControls='1' ShowStatusBar='0' loop='true' EnableContextMenu='0' DisplaySize='1' pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/'></embed><br><b><font size=+1>Grillz</font></b><br>By Nelly<br><a href='http://www.BestVideoCodes.com' target=_blank>BestVideoCodes.com</a></div>

Widescreen
1/19/2006, 12:13 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Worst post evar?

AustinTXHorn
1/19/2006, 02:50 AM
Goodson was apparently sent home from his trip at Oklahoma State.

Texas has started to recruit him for pretty much the first time and I think they're going to get a visit. Probably coming down to A&M, USC, and Texas.

Honestly, most Texas fans don't care if we get Goodson or not. He appears to be a bit of a headcase and we're pretty good at running back in this recruiting class and on campus right now. I just think it would be funny to steal another one away from A&M.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/19/2006, 09:44 AM
USC will have the consensus #1 recruiting class. That has been a forgone conclusion for some time. The question is will the 4-5 star players that are being brought in be developed nearly as well as the stars that are leaving. Orgeron (sp) is gone, Chow is gone. Their defense this last year was anywhere from mediocre to suck. We will start to find out just how good of a coach Pete Carroll is. Some of the same people that thought Larry Coker was a genius a few years ago are saying the same about Carroll now.

I think it would be crazy to think they will drop off too far playing in the Pac-10 but they will lose 1-2 games at least and more if the coaching isn't up to the level it has been.

If we land McCoy we will have a great recruiting class this year as well, coupled with last year's great class.

MojoRisen
1/19/2006, 10:03 AM
SUC - who in the pac 10 is going to beat them? Cal may have a shot- nobody else has the talent they have period.... I would not be surprised if they lost 1 close one- but I wouldn't count on it..... PAC 10 has a big drop off from SUC. Not saying they are a National power contender next year but they may still walk out of the PAC 10 with out a loss- look at Oregon this year.

Desert Sapper
1/19/2006, 10:06 AM
Here's to keeping some talent longer than a season...

http://www.dgreetings.com/newimages/beer/bani3.gif

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/19/2006, 04:01 PM
SUC - who in the pac 10 is going to beat them? Cal may have a shot- nobody else has the talent they have period.... I would not be surprised if they lost 1 close one- but I wouldn't count on it..... PAC 10 has a big drop off from SUC. Not saying they are a National power contender next year but they may still walk out of the PAC 10 with out a loss- look at Oregon this year.

I'm certainly not a believer in the overall strenght of the Pac-10, but Arizona Arizona St, and Fresno St didn't have nearly the talent USC had last year and they nearly beat them. Fresno St, ND & ASU, should have. I think Oregon is better than USC next year though the game would be at USC. Mike Stoops is quietly putting together a pretty good recruiting class to go with last year's. Zona probably won't ever have more talent but they could have enough. They have a lot of 4-5 star guys that look good on paper but they don't have 2-3 year all-americans all over the field on offense that can go out and cover for a defense giving up 450 yards a game next year.

The Consumate Showman
1/19/2006, 05:06 PM

ND WILL beat them......

Stoop's team has the potential, not likely though....

ASU has their starting QB back, but not the top WR, still ASU=dangerous team for SUCafter losing Bing and others on D....

Oregon, if they can pick a starter and stay with him, could put it together and beat SUC if they play good D(We'll see just how bog of a loss Ngata will be to them next year. My guess....a BIG loss. AD should have a career day!).....

AustinTXHorn
1/20/2006, 04:52 PM
Looks like Texas is going to stop going after Goodson afterall. I don't mind...Mack is a pretty good judge of character and if he doesn't think he belongs, then I'm fine with it.

My guess is he'll be an Aggie because Franchione needs him.

RooseveltRoughRider
1/25/2006, 12:14 PM
Yep, he is officially an Aggie

boomersooner28
1/25/2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah, Goodsen commited to A&M...not SUC

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2006, 01:24 PM
Well, aTm does SUC anyways, so........

The Consumate Showman
1/25/2006, 01:27 PM
what i wanna knowis how much bling did Franny have to give up to get him???

and why aTm, i can understand wanting to stay close to home, but c'mon, aTm????

Widescreen
1/25/2006, 01:31 PM
Mack is a pretty good judge of character
Cedric Benson notwithstanding.

soonerlaw
1/25/2006, 02:27 PM
So nobody thinks Nebraska will beat USC? Me either.

BASSooner
1/27/2006, 05:11 PM
stafon johnson just committed to USC...I...hate...the...condoms...but...they will still suck next year:D

jccouger
1/28/2006, 01:10 PM
Damn, with all those 4 and 5 star commits you wonder why they have 2 commits from 3 star players. Did USC's water and towel boy graduate this year or something?

Jmorales22
1/30/2006, 06:00 PM
I can't stand SC. The arrogance to go everywhere in the country, march in and try to snag the best players out of the hands of every other elite program. I seriously can't stand them. Two years in a row now they're doing it here in OK (trying to take the state's top player away from us.) Miami and LSU are here a lot but at least Coker and Miles have Oklahoma connections.

Florida still has a pretty good lead over SC right now. They still might get a commit from that Spiller guy from FL which would give them as many ***** as SC. And Vidal Hazelton is one of SC's ***** that might switch to Penn St. So it's not a foregone conclusion they'll have thoe top class. I just want SC to die, die die!

BASSooner
1/30/2006, 07:39 PM
USC's recruiting strategy is flat out poor but hilarious. Because, if that one player gets injured....or if he turns out to be a complete bust...who's going to step up? You may say, "well the blue chip behind him who else"" True in some positions. Their corners are flat out awfull. The defensive ends have pretty decent backups but the DTs have nothing behind the talented line thus relying on freshmen to step up immediately. If any of their new frosh safeties were to be good it would have to be that perez guy, because when I saw Mays, he sucked. Linebackers...they might as well move a LOT of them to saftey or defensive end because they have too many talented linebackers and MORE linebackers that are coming in. So the defense is just one big linebacker corp. I wouldn't be a bit suprised if one of those guys starts thinking about transferring. receivers....full of talent as always. Tight end, byrd is gone, fred davis sucks...poor guy. Runningback position is what really ****ed me off this year. They now have about 3 #@$ing guys going in at running back who are so good. When you know you have THAT many that say, "Hey im comin here to play", you really shouldn't get another one...One of those RBs(im thinkin either moody or gable) are going to think about transferring. They are alright at the lineman position. Back to the runningbacks..I heard they are trying to cj spiller which makes no sense...like i said you have 3 REAAAALLLYYYYY good guys...trying to steal other players?? All those blue chippers that are backups are going to transfer because THEY want to be stars and play immiediately. THEY want full attention.

Note to Pete Carrol:I'll be having fun watching some of your best athletes transfer somewhere else because of your selfish greed. One paper cut to the finger of a regular school's program is like a knife that cuts through the arm at USC's football program. Don't worry, the paramedics will be there if you lose your second game of the season.

Sincerely,

a beloved Sooner fan