PDA

View Full Version : Things to do while waiting for next season

stoopified
1/12/2006, 06:52 PM
through the long,grueling off-season.
Bitch and moan about what,woulda,coulda, shoulda happened this year , reliving each moment where our beloved Sooners came up short.Said to say but for me and many of my Sooner friends this will go on at least in a sporadic fashion till next fall.
Follow closely the travails of this years recruiting saga knowing full well that our program does hinge on getting one key name such as Gerald McCoy for unstance to commit to us instead of the BURNT ORANGE EVIL EMPIRE,but still acting as if it was life and death.
Taking note of every day of spring practice as if those 15 practices will truly tell the story for next year.
Following that and even during this time there is Sooner basketball and baseball.Basketball certainly has not begun with a great bang and baseball ,who knows how that will turn out
Once the preseason magazines come out usually in June, my focus shifts from obsessing about last year to full-time obsession about the upcoming season.It is during the period between June and August that I break out my dvd and vhs Sooner Football collection and wear it out waiting for the season to start.
Finally my biggest off-season distraction is my son Ryan James,who is now 22 1/2 months old.At 35 inches tall and 28 pounds he as already mastered his TOYS-r-US basketball and T-ball sets AND more importantly he has masterd passing and pitching his collection of OU mini-footballs.He does however require continued work on his recieving skills.That will be my major off-season focus(I will I am sure still obsess about last year and the upcoming season.Ryan (Rhino),remember the name,coming to OU in the fall of '22.
Is it football season yet?

NormanPride
1/12/2006, 07:02 PM
1) Learn how to use paragraphs.

OUGreg723
1/12/2006, 07:04 PM
1) Learn how to use paragraphs.

OHHHH SNAAPPP!!:D

Pedro Sanchez
1/12/2006, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=zLElfJ9YCh0
Watch this video over and over.

OUstud
1/12/2006, 07:54 PM
Go to OU basketball games, yell, get behind our struggling guys.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
1/12/2006, 07:59 PM
Build up some credit with my wife so that once football season starts I won't feel bad about widowing her for 5 months

BASSooner
1/12/2006, 08:02 PM
sleep for 7 months

stoopified
1/13/2006, 01:06 AM
1) Learn how to use paragraphs.Get your glasses checked,there are 5 seperate paragraphs.

BoomerJack
1/13/2006, 01:13 AM
I get geared up for Sooner baseball that carries me through May. Then I start really following major league baseball, especially the Cardinals. In August, I pull out my well used copy of Harold Keith's book, "Oklahoma Kickoff", a history of the first 25 years of OU football and read it. That gets me pumped for another college football season.

stoopified
1/13/2006, 02:47 AM
I get geared up for Sooner baseball that carries me through May. Then I start really following major league baseball, especially the Cardinals. In August, I pull out my well used copy of Harold Keith's book, "Oklahoma Kickoff", a history of the first 25 years of OU football and read it. That gets me pumped for another college football season.Is that a god read?I have heard of it but I have never seen a copy.I have about twenty books on OU football.My favorite is Sooner Century.Did not like the last chapter(Schnelly).Really enyoyed the early history.

OUinFLA
1/13/2006, 07:50 AM
Is that a god read?.

The Bible works for me.
:)

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/13/2006, 09:32 AM
keep converting my Sooner football vhs collection to dvd. believe me, it's a chore, but it's always good to see some Sooner football.

BoomerJack
1/13/2006, 12:10 PM
Is that a god read?I have heard of it but I have never seen a copy.I have about twenty books on OU football.My favorite is Sooner Century.Did not like the last chapter(Schnelly).Really enyoyed the early history.

I think it is. Not only does it relate history about the football teams origins and early exploits but it also gives some insight on the history of Oklahoma Territory after the 1889 land run and, of course, early statehood. There are also interesting stories about the early days of the University.

The book was first published in the 1940's. A lot of the early players were still alive and Keith was able to interview them and get histories direct from those that were there.

If you're interested in getting a copy, I'm sure Barnes & Noble can provide you with a source at a decent price.

NormanPride
1/13/2006, 12:15 PM
Get your glasses checked,there are 5 seperate paragraphs.

Paragraphs typically have spaces, if you're in the business of readability. And if they don't have spaces to save, well... space... then they need indentions. Either way, I didn't want to read your post because it hurt my eyes. I have nothing against you or your ideas, I just don't want to decipher a post in order to understand it.

Oh, I just scanned it a bit. You also need to work on your spacing around commas. Just, y'know, FYI.

NickZeppelin
1/13/2006, 12:26 PM
Ask where I can get a Boomer Sooner ringtone.

starclassic tama
1/14/2006, 02:07 AM
play some drums

snp
1/14/2006, 02:54 AM
1) - 1,000,000)

STUDY

1,000,001) Baseball season is a blast.

soonerworks
1/14/2006, 07:34 AM
Record all the OU games on my DVR to DVD, even the TTgame.

LoyalFan
1/14/2006, 08:08 AM
Well, my sock drawer needs some attention.

LF

GDC
1/14/2006, 09:04 AM
Make fun of dedicated, hard-working wrestlers...:rolleyes:

NormanPride
1/14/2006, 12:18 PM
Ignore baseball like I always do, then laugh when people argue about steroids. Honestly, how can you cheer for a sport like that? It's just a joke now.

MamaMia
1/14/2006, 12:58 PM
Clean out all the cabinets, drawers, closets and garage so that spring cleaning isnt so hard when it comes around. Before you know it...off we go! Its Spring practice, the Red and White Game and then Fan Appreciation Day. All of a sudden, its almost the first kickoff of the season when we're all trying on our Sooner gear in the hopes that we havent gained too much weight.

That reminds me, I need to walk around the track. :O

westcoast_sooner
1/14/2006, 05:34 PM
Obsess about recruiting, how the OL will be next year, coaching changes, how the new kids will have an impact on the program. Read lots of posts on sf.com.

stoopified
1/15/2006, 02:03 AM
Paragraphs typically have spaces, if you're in the business of readability. And if they don't have spaces to save, well... space... then they need indentions. Either way, I didn't want to read your post because it hurt my eyes. I have nothing against you or your ideas, I just don't want to decipher a post in order to understand it.

Oh, I just scanned it a bit. You also need to work on your spacing around commas. Just, y'know, FYI.Nice to know the undercover Whorn Composition police are on the job.Sorry but I wrote my last thesis in Comp. clas about 25 years ago ,I finished with A of course. Sorry my message board writings do not conform to your standards,
Now you can either focus on the point of the thread or in true Whorn fashion continue to prove how truly insecure you are.Aparrently there are several people on this thread who are far more intelligent than you as they had no trouble deciphering the subject at hand.
.. Substance is and always has been more important than style,now bugger off.

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/15/2006, 08:24 AM
Make fun of dedicated, hard-working wrestlers...:rolleyes:

but you do that during the season too...;)

GDC
1/15/2006, 01:03 PM
but you do that during the season too...;)

Not me, that was a jab at SoonerJam.

Also, we can enjoy N:texan:T.

OUTrumpet
1/15/2006, 03:47 PM
1) Come up with "Where is LASooner's 2005 video?

2) When said video comes out, watch said video.

StoopTroup
1/15/2006, 03:52 PM
Clean out all the cabinets, drawers, closets and garage so that spring cleaning isnt so hard when it comes around.
Ummmm....when your done....PM me...we could use some help over here. ;)