PDA

View Full Version : How long?

achiro
1/12/2006, 09:19 AM
So how long will it be before our phones(blackberries) do everything? I mean full blown computer that you carry around and when you get home or office you plug it into a keyboard and monitor(or tv). No need for anything but maybe a hard drive for additional memory. Ability to plug in a USB memory stick and all. Takes pics, vids, talk on the phone, gps, mp3, palm all mixed into one.
I'm talking mainstream, most people will have this and only this to do everything. How long?

jk the sooner fan
1/12/2006, 09:20 AM
mine made breakfast for me this morning.....

C&CDean
1/12/2006, 09:21 AM
Mine pleasured me to orgasmatic heights last night.

jk the sooner fan
1/12/2006, 09:22 AM
Mine pleasured me to orgasmatic heights last night.

i ordered that upgrade, just waiting for it to arrive via fedex

achiro
1/12/2006, 12:01 PM
OK so I didn't think about that. Sounds reasonable, so how long before the stuff I mentioned is out and then how long before you are able to get sexual pleasure and breakfast after from your phone?

GottaHavePride
1/12/2006, 02:19 PM
I don't think it's a matter of making one device do everything anymore. I think the wireless networks will develop the coverage and bandwidth capacity for all your devices to network together. So that way your phone (it'll probably just be viewed as an access device at that point) can make calls, interface with your car, home computer, work computer, other people's handheld devices, and so on.

Japan already has wireless networks a generation or two past ours because they have a much more compact land mass to cover. The technology is already mostly there - it's just a matter of integration and security issues.