PDA

View Full Version : Ruuuuuuu

LifelongSooner
1/11/2006, 09:25 PM
Oklahoma linebacker Rufus Alexander, the Sooners’ leading tackler last season, said Tuesday that he will definitely return for his senior year of college.

Alexander said the number of phone calls he has received from agents and other representatives in recent days led him to make the declaration.

“I’ve just had a lot of phone calls so I want to put this to rest once and for all,” he said. “I always wanted to come back and play my senior year. I talked with Dan Cody, who is in the NFL now, and he remembered how much he loved being with us and loved playing college ball. Dusty Dvoracek and Clint Ingram both said their senior years were great. I just want to experience my senior year.”

Alexander also wants to get a diploma and be part of a promising roster.

“My mom and step mom both want me to graduate and that means a lot to me too,” he said. “I feel like I can accomplish a lot of things. Plus, we had a young team and I feel like I can come back as a leader and do so much for others.”

The Baton Rouge, La., native led OU with 102 tackles last season. He had 17 stops for losses, five sacks, nine pass break-ups, two fumbles forced, one fumble recovery and one interception. His play helped the Sooners to an 8-4 mark and a 17-14 victory over No. 6-ranked Oregon in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl.

OKC-SLC
1/11/2006, 09:32 PM
Good for him, and good for us. Sounds like a kid with a good head on his shoulders; I think he will be more fit for pro ball with another year under his belt.

salth2o
1/11/2006, 09:32 PM
WTG Rufus! I will look forward to watching you dominate opposing O's in the Fall.

OUthunder
1/11/2006, 10:41 PM
That is awesome news!

OUinFLA
1/11/2006, 10:55 PM
That's good, otherwise I might be tempted to rename my dog Rufus to Rufus-gone.

IronSooner
1/11/2006, 10:56 PM
Awesome. Sounds like a good deal for the team and him. Here's hoping he has a great senior season.

okienole3
1/12/2006, 12:05 AM
http://www.chucksconnection.com/billandted/billandted1.gif

Excellent!!

AZfanIII
1/12/2006, 12:12 AM
Good news indeed. If the defense keeps its momentum going into next year it could be quite a good season.

The Consumate Showman
1/12/2006, 12:19 AM
Ah Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

new one this year....

cjames317
1/12/2006, 02:12 PM
Oklahoma linebacker Rufus Alexander, the Sooners’ leading tackler last season, said ... “I feel like I can accomplish a lot of things. Plus, we had a young team and I feel like I can come back as a leader and do so much for others.”

The Baton Rouge, La., native led OU with 102 tackles last season. He had 17 stops for losses, five sacks, nine pass break-ups, two fumbles forced, one fumble recovery and one interception. His play helped the Sooners to an 8-4 mark and a 17-14 victory over No. 6-ranked Oregon in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl.

I look forward to Rufus taking charge of OUr defense. If he succeeds, and with the strength of OUr defensive line, this next version could be the kind of attacking, ball-hungry defense that wOUld make Mike Stoops prOUd.

oumartin
1/12/2006, 02:18 PM
he just wants to hear the cries of RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU from the crowds!

I would too.

OU-HSV
1/12/2006, 06:58 PM
Great news..can't wait for him to bust some heads again next season.