PDA

View Full Version : You just gotta love 6th grade boys

Mrs. Norm
1/11/2006, 07:17 PM
We had three sixth grade boys (they are in my Language Arts class) selling condoms today at school! From what I've heard, they were selling them to the boys and giving them away to the girls. Not only that, but they were selling them for 50 cents!!!!!! MY GOD! I know "boys will be boys", but 6th graders? The only thing I can do is shake me head.

btw: You'd think they would know to sell them for more than 50 cents.

Stanley1
1/11/2006, 07:25 PM
You pick up any extras?

Mrs. Norm
1/11/2006, 07:27 PM
You pick up any extras?
No, but apparantly the assistant principal went out to the playground with one of the boys, and they had them in "hiding places".

Sooner_Bob
1/11/2006, 07:31 PM
Wow.

TUSooner
1/11/2006, 07:31 PM
That's shocking! The school should be giving them away and holding mandatory classes on how to use them! :rolleyes:

Or maybe they just make the best water balloons.

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2006, 07:42 PM
I do admire their entrepreneurial spirit.

When I was in the 4th grade I had a booming squish ball business until it was shut down.

In 5th grade I had a recess gambling operation that was shut down after the "house" (me) wiped a couple of kids out of their lunch money and they turned me into their teachers.

I figure it's a good thing I got to 6th grade before I attempted to operate an Elementary school bordello.

william_brasky
1/11/2006, 09:03 PM
I do admire their entrepreneurial spirit.

When I was in the 4th grade I had a booming squish ball business until it was shut down.

In 5th grade I had a recess gambling operation that was shut down after the "house" (me) wiped a couple of kids out of their lunch money and they turned me into their teachers.

I figure it's a good thing I got to 6th grade before I attempted to operate an Elementary school bordello.

Damn Baptists.

Okla-homey
1/11/2006, 09:26 PM
Rubbers used to cost only a quarter in gas station mensroom vending machines when I was in 6th grade. Dang inflation!

BeetDigger
1/11/2006, 09:48 PM
No doubt there is a number of interesting questions being asked at home tonight.

Reminds me of the time my dad said to me "Son, I think it's time we had a talk about sex"

And I said "Yeah dad, what do you want to know?"

Soonerbabeinbama
1/11/2006, 09:51 PM
you just gotta love 6th grade boys? Sixth grade boys scare me to death. As a matter of fact, any child in middle school scares me to death. No thank you - I'll take elementary school age or high school age - no way will I take middle school age. They have raging hormones and are scary little people. I'll pass.:eek:

Mrs. Norm
1/11/2006, 09:57 PM
you just gotta love 6th grade boys? Sixth grade boys scare me to death. As a matter of fact, any child in middle school scares me to death. No thank you - I'll take elementary school age or high school age - no way will I take middle school age. They have raging hormones and are scary little people. I'll pass.:eek:
I taught third grade last year. When the principal asked me to teach sixth, I really want to say no. But, being the team player, I thought about it. It gave me something else to put on my resume. It really hasn't been as thought as I thought it would be. They have raging hormones and HUGE attitudes. But, I fgured out that if you talk to them (not yell) and be a little sarcastic, they respect you more. But, there are days.....I tell you, there are days.

Mrs. Norm
1/11/2006, 09:59 PM
No doubt there is a number of interesting questions being asked at home tonight.

Reminds me of the time my dad said to me "Son, I think it's time we had a talk about sex"

And I said "Yeah dad, what do you want to know?"
Unfortunately, my students come from horrible....and I mean HORRIBLE homes. The boys probably got in trouble for being caught....not what they were doing. :(

SoonerBorn68
1/11/2006, 10:05 PM
No, but apparantly the assistant principal went out to the playground with one of the boys, and they had them in "hiding places".

We hid our pron out at the back of the playground...in an old tire by the kickball field. :D

Soonerbabeinbama
1/11/2006, 10:06 PM
I taught third grade last year. When the principal asked me to teach sixth, I really want to say no. But, being the team player, I thought about it. It gave me something else to put on my resume. It really hasn't been as thought as I thought it would be. They have raging hormones and HUGE attitudes. But, I fgured out that if you talk to them (not yell) and be a little sarcastic, they respect you more. But, there are days.....I tell you, there are days.

I admire you. I did my student teaching with 6th graders. Holy crap!! Tough age, they aren't kids and they aren't teenagers. Caught in the middle somewhere. The class of kids I had came from bad homes too. I remember the day I got in the middle of a fist fight. One of the kids was about 5'11" and weighed close to 200 pounds. Little baby in a big body. I just boldly stepped in the middle of the two and the "big boy" raised his fist to me - I said "go ahead, hit me and see what happens." Thank God he backed down, I was sooooo scared and nervous and knew I was gonna get decked. My bravado worked though - he backed down. Backed down and cried and I had to comfort him!! Very difficult age.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/11/2006, 11:36 PM
6th grade is a weird age. They are too old to be at the elementary with younger kids and too young to be at jr high/middle school with older kids.