PDA

View Full Version : Bacon, Avacado, and Tomato Sandwich Thread

Fish
1/11/2006, 06:14 PM
anyone else had these?
A friend of mine wife makes these sammich's (BAT's) and they RMFFO!

thanks for stopping by!:D

mrowl
1/11/2006, 07:05 PM
take the bacon off, and add Hummus, ROCKS.

SouthFortySooner
1/11/2006, 07:13 PM
Ran on to this combo Spring Break, Padre Island, 1976. Had one for breadfast. It was the only thing I ate the rest of the week. Wondermus!+

soonerbrat
1/11/2006, 07:54 PM
sounds yummy

Norm In Norman
1/11/2006, 11:26 PM
I haven't had that, but bacon cheddar and cheese sandwiches are almost my favorite.

At this one sandwhich shop they make something called a california club, which is turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and avacado. it rules.

royalfan5
1/12/2006, 09:43 AM
there is no way that sandwhich could be bad.

David Earl
1/12/2006, 09:48 AM
sounds good

C&CDean
1/12/2006, 09:50 AM
take the bacon off, and add Hummus, ROCKS.

One word. Gay. Smashed up chick peas are not = to bacon. I did some ropes course work up in Massachussets a few years back. They assured me it would be fine to stay at the site because they provided "delicious home cooking." I show up, and it's a whole group of those fleece vest wearing, nose-pierced liberal whack jobs who also all happened to be veg-heads.

Hummus and sprouts with eggbeaters for breakfast. Hummus and sprouts over crackers for lunch. GAH.

Needless to say, before dinner I found a hotel about 20 miles away and also found me a Denny's and ordered a nasty hamburger.

And the best sammich in this category is the "PLTS." Pastrami, lettuce, tomato, and swiss cheese. A bar in Tucson used to make them and they rock. They fry the pastrami up crispy, put it on grilled/buttered rye bread, lettuce, tomato, swiss, and mustard. About 3" thick. Killer.

IB4OU2
1/12/2006, 10:09 AM
One word. Gay. Smashed up chick peas are not = to bacon. I did some ropes course work up in Massachussets a few years back. They assured me it would be fine to stay at the site because they provided "delicious home cooking." I show up, and it's a whole group of those fleece vest wearing, nose-pierced liberal whack jobs who also all happened to be veg-heads.

Hummus and sprouts with eggbeaters for breakfast. Hummus and sprouts over crackers for lunch. GAH.

Needless to say, before dinner I found a hotel about 20 miles away and also found me a Denny's and ordered a nasty hamburger.

And the best sammich in this category is the "PLTS." Pastrami, lettuce, tomato, and swiss cheese. A bar in Tucson used to make them and they rock. They fry the pastrami up crispy, put it on grilled/buttered rye bread, lettuce, tomato, swiss, and mustard. About 3" thick. Killer.

Too bad you didn't have any homemade deer jerky to scarf down while they were eating their alfalfa sprouts.......