PDA

View Full Version : VY to Houston Texans rumor

Herr Scholz
1/11/2006, 05:19 PM
Interesting. Could become the Houston Longhorns/Texans:

Rumors link Texans and Texas
By Kirk Bohls | Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 12:54 PM

Here’s a juicy, little rumor (or series of rumors) circulating:

The Houston Texans, who probably will hire Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak as their new head coach whenever Denver is eliminated from the playoffs or wins the Super Bowl, are considering sending quarterback David Carr to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for former Longhorn running back Ricky Williams and Miami’s first-round draft pick in 2007. Kubiak would hire former Longhorn great Jerry Gray as his defensive coordinator (Gray may want to bolt the sinking ship in Buffalo) and hire Texas’ Greg Davis as his quarterbacks coach. Davis has long had a close association with the Broncos. Maybe the Dolphins figure Williams is tainted goods, considering all his baggage and may think Carr is ready to blossom after going through all his growing pains in Houston. That could free up Houston to take Vince Young with the No. 1 pick on April 29. Sounds interesting.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/

NormanPride
1/11/2006, 05:32 PM
In other news, we all wish it was still Tuesday.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/11/2006, 05:35 PM
Seriously I believe that about 98% of us could care less if Vince Young cured AIDS

caphorns
1/11/2006, 05:40 PM
The Texans have Ag fans that would be f'n ****ed if they colored themselves any closer to burnt orange. Of course, they'll hang on because of Steve "Foot Long" McKinney and memories of the "clobber line" boy.

Herr Scholz
1/11/2006, 05:40 PM
Just an FYI, no big deal. I know there are some Houston Sooners on here. Why take the time to post if you care so little? Just let it drop off the board.

Tear Down This Wall
1/11/2006, 05:42 PM
Good. Please trade David Carr to Dallas so that he won't have to play in that craphole city for that joke of a team anymore.

NormanPride
1/11/2006, 05:48 PM
Honestly, I was just giving you a hard time. I'm a Texans fan, actually. I felt pressured to ridicule you, though. I'm weak.

achiro
1/11/2006, 06:09 PM
That is an elaborate rumor! None of which would be a bad idea for Houston.

Salt City Sooner
1/11/2006, 06:11 PM
"and hire Texas’ Greg Davis as his quarterbacks coach."
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XingTheRubicon
1/11/2006, 06:15 PM
In other news, we all wish it was still Tuesday.

Damn it NP, I just cleaned up my keyboard.

MRNOTDUCKS
1/11/2006, 06:16 PM
And so the Longhorns would call the Aggie "Boss," and things would once again be right in the universe. ;-)

OUstud
1/11/2006, 06:42 PM
BUST ALERT! Take cover, Houston! This is not a drill, like Yao Ming.

NickZeppelin
1/11/2006, 07:01 PM
Houston is taking Bush unless there's a trade.

Hook 'Em Horns
1/11/2006, 07:30 PM
Jerry Gray would have to be an Asst HC/DC to take the position. I don't think they will let them make parallel moves. But they have already interviewed him for the HC.

OUthunder
1/11/2006, 07:37 PM
Mmmmn Denver omelettes.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 07:48 PM
I thought VY was still a freshman???

GDC
1/11/2006, 08:18 PM
Seriously I believe that about 98% of us could care less if Vince Young cured AIDS

The resident *****s just feel the need to compensate for NHT.

BWAHAHAHA

Penguin
1/11/2006, 08:56 PM
There is no way in hell that Carr is worth Ricky Williams and a 1st round draft pick. Carr is a bust.

I wouldn't mind seeing VY in a Texans uniform. VY said in no uncertain terms that he wanted to come to Houston 2 days ago.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 09:03 PM

Or cancer, jock itch, foot fungus, bird flu, kanker sores, baldness, mortgage rates, the economy, world hunger, world peace, natural disasters, the need for a beer after an OU loss, the need to hate Texas football in general(wait, not to hate), scratch that last one, student loans, pushy car slaesmen, actually any pushy salesmen for that matter, my dog of sh!t!ng on my porch, STDs, ......

fell free to add on....

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 09:04 PM
Oh, BTW, make that 100% of us....

These damn Saxet posters don't count!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2006, 09:14 PM
Steve "Foot Long" McKinney and memories of the "clobber line" boy.

Is there a story here? Please enlighten...

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 09:15 PM
no

trwxxa
1/11/2006, 09:33 PM
Two Texans season tickets for sale.

Q22
1/11/2006, 10:40 PM
Vince Young's tears can cure cancer.

...too bad he never cries.

Rhino
1/11/2006, 10:55 PM
I heard rumblings about this yesterday. It'd be interesting to see if it happens. Good trade for both teams if they did it straight up.

BoomerJack
1/12/2006, 12:45 AM
If Vince Young ends up on the Houston Texans, it'll be just like it was when Roger Clemens signed with the Astros. You'll see more burnt orange in the stands during home games than you will the Texan team colors.

Personally, I think the Texans have a good QB in Carr. What they need is an offensive line.

The Consumate Showman
1/12/2006, 09:26 AM
who cares??

Rhino
1/12/2006, 11:28 AM
Those that like the game of football.

Luthor
1/12/2006, 12:20 PM
Ghe-odd I hope not. As much as I love Vince I don't think 2 extra capes would save him in that ****-ant-excuse-for-an-offence that is the Texans. Yeah he lit up the world here but he did it behind the #1 or #2 (which ever) OL in the country. That luxury ain't gonna be available in H-town.

GDC
1/12/2006, 12:22 PM
Tuesday is my new favorite day of the week.

Harry Beanbag
1/12/2006, 12:24 PM
Ghe-odd I hope not. As much as I love Vince I don't think 2 extra capes would save him in that ****-ant-excuse-for-an-offence that is the Texans. Yeah he lit up the world here but he did it behind the #1 or #2 (which ever) OL in the country. That luxury ain't gonna be available in H-town.

Making excuses already?

The Consumate Showman
1/12/2006, 01:05 PM
Those that like Texas football.

there..

caphorns
1/12/2006, 01:15 PM
Is there a story here? Please enlighten...

There are two very famous aggys that make alot of noise in this town as a result of their association with pro teams that played here. They use all of this attention and good favor to do some local good ol' boy-style plugs.

Steve "Foot Long" McKinney is a very annoying aggy and is a current center/right guard for the Houston, Texans. He is best known for his radio ads for Subway where he'd say - "Go git you a footlong" or something like that. This was one of the most short-lived plugs I can recall. I guess the Subway execs didn't really think about it until it happened and you had bubbas on the airways yapping it up about their "footlongs" and good people everywhere wanting nothing to do with Subway's footlongs.

The "Clobber Line" is former aggy Ray Childress' regular and very annoying advertising plug for Lawrence Marshall Ford in Hempstead. Apparently, you call the Clobber Line and they'll git ya a great deal on a Ford Pickem Up truck. This one has survived. Possibly because of the proximity of Hempstead to Aggyland and the fact that there is not an aggy in this world that doesn't drive at least 1 pick up. For Longhorn fans we have Earl Campbell's country sausage or something. It's actually a good product and Earl doesn't plug it in ads that I am aware of.

Now, as relates to the subject, these two bubbas and former Oiler/aggy Bucky Richardson are what make Aggots follow local pro football. But, if the Texans go all burnt orange, they may irritate the holy living snot out of this cabal. Not that this would be a bad thing in my mind. But, maybe they can draft an aggy along the way to make everyone happy and get the TVs turned on. Jaxson Appel?

Tear Down This Wall
1/12/2006, 06:03 PM
Whoever said David Carr is a bust should turn in their football watching card. You not smart, dude. Not smart. None. None. No brains. Nobody in the NFL could do jack behind the Texans "offensive" line.

Trade Carr to a real football team and see what happens. Minor league bird crap scrapers.

Texas Golfer
1/12/2006, 07:08 PM
Anyone who knows anything about football knows the Carr was a product of a crappy offensive line. He's a quality QB and the Texans have acknowledged this. They will not forego Reggie to get Vinny.