PDA

View Full Version : Asian....

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 02:38 PM
WTF is wrong with me? I've eaten some form of Asian food every day this week.

Monday was Panda Garden buffet.
Tuesday was PadThai on campus (pretty danged good).
Today was T.E.A Market on Norman's eastside, yo.

BTW, if you haven't tried the T.E.A do it now. They have all kinds of fag coffee (frappe, latte, etc.) and teas (mango, yogurt, peach, etc.), which everybody says are great. The chick looked at me like I was crazy when I said "tea." She goes "what kind?" I said "just tea." She said "plain tea?" I said "is there some other kind?" She says "here" and hands me a freaking two page menu of teas - green, black, with/without milk, flavored, hot, cold, and all kinds of tea/coffee combos. Of course I just had the "tea" but it was probably the single best glass of iced tea I think I've ever tasted. It was "shaken" behind the counter (whatever the hell that is).

But the real gem is the food. It's damned good people. Seriously RMFO.

I think I'm speaking japanese, I think I'm speaking japanese I really think so....

crawfish
1/11/2006, 02:43 PM
I ate at "New New Buffet" near Belt Line & Marsh (in Dallas) for lunch today. Biggest dang buffet I've ever seen...5 counters with everything you could possibly want. The place was also extremely clean.

Highly recommended. Come hungry.

Oldnslo
1/11/2006, 02:44 PM
No sex no drugs no wine no women no fun no sin no you no wonder it's dark. Everyone around me is a total stranger. Everyone avoids me like a psyched lone ranger.

Everyone.

so. has it started to go sideways yet?

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 02:49 PM
Focking A roundeye!!

IB4OU2
1/11/2006, 02:50 PM

BTW, if you haven't tried the T.E.A do it now. They have all kinds of fag coffee (frappe, latte, etc.) and teas (mango, yogurt, peach, etc.), which everybody says are great. The chick looked at me like I was crazy when I said "tea." She goes "what kind?" I said "just tea." She said "plain tea?" I said "is there some other kind?" She says "here" and hands me a freaking two page menu of teas - green, black, with/without milk, flavored, hot, cold, and all kinds of tea/coffee combos. Of course I just had the "tea" but it was probably the single best glass of iced tea I think I've ever tasted. It was "shaken" behind the counter (whatever the hell that is).

I think I'm speaking japanese, I think I'm speaking japanese I really think so....

Was it sugared or nonsugared ice tea? My wife never makes sugared so I always have to add myself.............

SoonerAtKU
1/11/2006, 03:12 PM
I used Alton Brown's recipe to make a lemon-mint flavored sugar syrup for my iced tea instead of adding granulated sugar. Makes the biggest difference in the world and there's no turning back for me.

Beef
1/11/2006, 03:26 PM
I had lasagna made by an Asian woman Monday night. Does that count?

yermom
1/11/2006, 03:30 PM
I used Alton Brown's recipe to make a lemon-mint flavored sugar syrup for my iced tea instead of adding granulated sugar. Makes the biggest difference in the world and there's no turning back for me.

i don't know... that sounds pretty gay

i'm not a fan of the TEA place, but Padthai is awesome

Red October
1/11/2006, 03:33 PM
The best Vietnamese food my mouth has ever enjoyed is here in Downtown Houston. Mai's and Pho Bui RMFO. I had the pork with vermecelli rice noodles.

n8v_ndn
1/11/2006, 03:55 PM
Anyone see the Asian comedian on The Tonight Show last night?

He was talking about Chinese restaurants--how Americans love Chinese food so much we're willing to put up w/ the rude waiters barking at and rushing us, how the best Chinese food is now cooked by 'Jose' and other Mexicans in the back, and how ridiculously fast they bring your drinks, like they can read your mind.

mdklatt
1/11/2006, 03:59 PM
but Padthai is awesome

I've only been there once, but I don't get the fuss. It's okay, but I like the curry at Thai Raja better. Pad Thai's curry was too soupy (too much coconut milk?) for me.

SoonerAtKU
1/11/2006, 04:00 PM

Gay-Shmay. It no longer takes me four minutes of stirring to dissolve the sugar in my tea all the way. I use way less of it now, since it all goes in my fat belly instead of sticking to the bottom of my glass.

yermom
1/11/2006, 04:12 PM
I've only been there once, but I don't get the fuss. It's okay, but I like the curry at Thai Raja better. Pad Thai's curry was too soupy (too much coconut milk?) for me.

i like their curry, but the Authentic Pad Thai on the menu is about the best thing to eat in the state IMO

GDC
1/11/2006, 04:13 PM
I found out recently I like Thai food, but I've got to drive at least an hour to get any.

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 04:45 PM

Dude, you're one of those one-dish, one-time wonders aren't you?

If you like the Bangkok Pad Thai, or the Singaporian Pad Thai how could you "not be a fan of the TEA place?" What's not to like about hot, fresh, delicious asian food? You sure you're not Norm Jr.?

yermom
1/11/2006, 04:59 PM
heh, i think i have been there 2-3 times, i just wasn't that impressed

of course, i don't really like Panda either

GottaHavePride
1/11/2006, 05:01 PM
Nah, panda's all stringy. comes from eating all that bamboo.

Jimminy Crimson
1/11/2006, 05:08 PM
bubble tea seems a little brokeback to me. 'tapioca pearls'? no thanks.

TexasLidig8r
1/11/2006, 05:11 PM
Dean.. you are walking ever closer to.. Lid's World.

Next.. it will be Dim Sum for lunch.. then Pho.... One day soon, you will be wearing Zegna and Canali suits....

Embrace the madness .... :cool:

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 05:13 PM
heh, i think i have been there 2-3 times, i just wasn't that impressed

of course, i don't really like Panda either

Mongolian at Panda.
PadThai at PadThai.
Sizzling dishes or Kung Pao Chicken at TEA.

And it must be because TEA is clean, the waitresses are pretty, and the place isn't a dump (the opposite of PadThai) that you don't like it. Actually, that young chick at PadThai was pretty cute yesterday. Well as cute as a pekingnese can be I suppose.

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 05:17 PM
Dean.. you are walking ever closer to.. Lid's World.

Next.. it will be Dim Sum for lunch.. then Pho.... One day soon, you will be wearing Zegna and Canali suits....

Embrace the madness .... :cool:

Dude, I did my first Dim Sum probably 25 years ago in San Francisco's Chinatown.

And my Roundhouse (made in Shawnee, OK) bib overalls are as fancy as this boy will ever need. If it's serious sunday-go-to-meetin' then I'll break out one of my tailored Hart, Schafner, & Marx or YSL suits. I like Italian food, but I ain't crazy about Italian clothes.

1stTimeCaller
1/11/2006, 05:18 PM
easy there, Bruce

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 05:19 PM
Pipe down **** boy.

1stTimeCaller
1/11/2006, 05:20 PM
sorry

GottaHavePride
1/11/2006, 05:35 PM
Actually, that young chick at PadThai was pretty cute yesterday. Well as cute as a pekingnese can be I suppose.

I was about to say, they actually have two fairly cute girls that work there, but never at the same time.

mdklatt
1/11/2006, 05:39 PM
Dude, I did my first Dim Sum probably 25 years ago in San Francisco

:eek:

mdklatt
1/11/2006, 05:40 PM
I was about to say, they actually have two fairly cute girls that work there, but never at the same time.

Thai Raja = 1 cute + 1 hot, always there in the middle of the day

GottaHavePride
1/11/2006, 05:52 PM
I may have to give Thai Raja another chance, then. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2006, 06:05 PM

MSG poisoning?

Dude, I did my first Dim Sum probably 25 years ago in San Francisco's Chinatown.

I love chinese-japenese-vietnamese-etc......but I don't play that stuff.;)

sanantoniosooner
1/11/2006, 07:06 PM
asians want to dance like dean (http://media.putfile.com/Bi--Funny--Dance--Clip)