PDA

View Full Version : Sampson likes the Horns over Villanova

Herr Scholz
1/11/2006, 10:37 AM
Found this quote interesting. Maybe he's trying to jinx us this Saturday.

Sampson: Hook 'em

The OU coach, by the way, believes Texas will prevail over Villanova when the No. 3 Wildcats visit the eighth-ranked Longhorns at noon Saturday in a huge intersectional contest.

Sampson obviously knows Texas well. And his Sooners dropped a hard-fought 85-74 decision at Villanova on Dec. 3.

"I just think it will be hard for Villanova to beat them at Texas," he said. "If there's not much difference between the teams, the home team usually has the advantage. I think with the way (P.J.) Tucker and (LaMarcus) Aldridge are playing right now, (Villanova) will have a hard time with those guys."

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/01/11big12notes.html

CtheB
1/11/2006, 12:44 PM
"IF there's not much difference between the teams, then the home team usually has the advantage."

Well, I guess he's willing to say that Mizzou is a much better club than ours.

I'm not buying it.

GDC
1/11/2006, 03:24 PM
If you would quit posting in their threads and replying to their comments they'll eventually go away.

AustinTXHorn
1/11/2006, 03:32 PM
"IF there's not much difference between the teams, then the home team usually has the advantage."

Well, I guess he's willing to say that Mizzou is a much better club than ours.

I'm not buying it.
There's a difference between 7,000 quiet fans and 16,800 screaming fans.

NickZeppelin
1/11/2006, 03:36 PM
It depends on the defense Texas plays and how good they are at this point. They haven't played a team near as good on offense as Nova is since they've played Duke probably and we all know what happened that game. I think Texas could score on Nova but those guards are as good as you'll see in college basketball.

AustinTXHorn
1/11/2006, 03:42 PM
It depends on the defense Texas plays and how good they are at this point. They haven't played a team near as good on offense as Nova is since they've played Duke probably and we all know what happened that game. I think Texas could score on Nova but those guards are as good as you'll see in college basketball.
Memphis is averaging 83 points per game against arguably the toughest schedule in the country to this point. I'd say that Memphis is pretty close. Not as good, since Villanova is more of a veteran team...but Memphis is a damn good offensive ballclub.

Their press and pressure worries me quite a bit because Texas still gets pretty turnover happy at times this season with having some mediocre ballhandlers and all. But I am nervous about this game. I have no doubt in my mind that we're going to win the Big 12, but this game is huge. It's almost definitely going to be the last top 10 team we play this season and it's going to be a big one for seeding in March. The perimeter D needs to step up because Nova can shoot it like a mother****er.

Herr Scholz
1/11/2006, 04:08 PM
We didn't have Buckman against Duke or Tennessee. I think people were underestimating his importance to our team. Our D and ball handling seems to have improved significantly since those games as well. Should be a good game. If we can win that one, look for everyone to jump back on the UT bandwagon.

And Memphis and ISU both have very good guards. ISU was supposed to beat us in Aimes due to their two stellar guards.

NickZeppelin
1/11/2006, 04:28 PM
I don't disagree but still the guards they've faced. Maybe Memphis has good guards but they still aren't as good as Nova. I think Texas will atleast play with Nova and may win it but I'll pick Nova at this point. I know Nova lost to WVU at home but I think Nova could be a team that wins it all this year.

Herr Scholz
1/11/2006, 04:48 PM
For the record, I think we ran into a cold West Virginia when we played them. Pittsnoggle did zip against us. I like that team a lot though. They know how to pass.

AustinTXHorn
1/11/2006, 04:55 PM
For the record, I think we ran into a cold West Virginia when we played them. Pittsnoggle did zip against us. I like that team a lot though. They know how to pass.
Their defense killed us and it really exposes you if you don't handle the ball well and can't shoot. Luckily for us, we had a decent game behind the arc and they did not.

GDC
1/11/2006, 08:02 PM
I love that they come here to talk to each other...except on Tuesdays.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 08:03 PM
Isn't Samson married tyo Delila?