PDA

View Full Version : What this team needs...

OUAndy1807
1/11/2006, 09:59 AM
I know that we all have our thinking on what is missing from this team (or fromtypical Kelvin teams). What do you think is missing?

Personally, I think it's someone who can consistently shoot the mid-range jumper. We have had slashers that can penetrate to break the zone, but if they can't pull up at 12-15 feet it really limits their effectiveness. Then the only option you have once you penetrate the defense is to lay it up in traffic or to kick it back out and jack up a three. If the defender knows you can stop and put up a mid range jumper, they have to respect it.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/11/2006, 10:46 AM
Well ideally both situations would improve but we have issues both at PG and with our outside shooting.

I think we are missing a true point guard. Everett is the best option we have right now and certainly on the offensive end he can create mismatches but when he is on the floor with Godbold, Carter, Bookout and Gray we have a big but pretty slow line-up and not one very good around the perimeter. It can work if we have almost no turnovers and dominate the boards but teams will put pressure on us and we will have to hit outside shots. We also have a hard time getting turnovers leading to fast breaks and easy baskets.

It would help if we had another good outside shooter besides Neal. Wouldn't need to be a 40% shooter but better that the 18.7% we had last night.

If we had either we would be much stonger, if we had both we would be a NCAA Final 4 caliber team.

boomersoonerdude
1/11/2006, 01:59 PM
What this team need is more fans and supporters. Hopefully people will show up to a basketball game like they would for a football game and support the team. Maybe, they'll turn it around.

OUAndy1807
1/11/2006, 02:22 PM
What this team need is more fans and supporters. Hopefully people will show up to a basketball game like they would for a football game and support the team. Maybe, they'll turn it around.

I hope you're kidding.

oumartin
1/11/2006, 02:47 PM
more support for a team that will put you to sleep watching it.
there was more excitment at my sons 4th grade games and he they only averaged about 50 people per game. oh, and louder too.

NUSooner
1/11/2006, 02:56 PM
I think Carter (and potentially Godbold and maybe Everett) has this shot, but for some reason doesn't shoot it a lot. I thought Carter would be that guy who could spot up for mid-range or fake it and drive in. Unfortunately he misses half of his layups, but he also won't shoot the jumper more than once per game. Hopefully we can figure it out...and soon.

NUSooner
1/11/2006, 02:58 PM
OH, also we need someone who can play the high post, because we don't right now. Last year Gilbert could when he came in, and before that, Brown was a good high post. This year the only guy who seems typical would be Longar, who is a liability for giving up double-digit ally-oops if he played a full game.