PDA

View Full Version : CHIZIK

RooseveltRoughRider
1/11/2006, 09:10 AM
How long do you expect Austin to keep him? How much money do you think would lure him to Norman? The guy has not lost since 2003!

soonernation
1/11/2006, 09:25 AM
The guy has not lost since 2003!

He will next year more than once.

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 09:33 AM
How long do you expect Austin to keep him? How much money do you think would lure him to Norman? The guy has not lost since 2003!

How long? Who gives a ****?

How much money? Who gives a ****?

He hasn't lost since 2003? BFD.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 09:35 AM
He may get an NFL offer soon......

Mack may be searching again for a D Coordinator....

1stTimeCaller
1/11/2006, 09:40 AM
yesterday really whopped your *** didn't it? Have some red.

BoonesFarmSooner
1/11/2006, 09:42 AM
Chizik is a damn good defensive coordinator, but it isn't like they shut down USC. I know USC had some incredible talent, but remember that FSU was averaging close to 600 yards a game/40 points a game when we played them in the OB.

He will have his work cut out for him next year. With an offense that will struggle to make first downs, keeping his defense on the field and losing Rod Wright, Harris, Huff, etc... It will be a challenge.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 09:46 AM
yesterday really whopped your *** didn't it? Have some red.

Have a problem, PM me....back to the post

Chizik's job should get a little harder next year.....if you look at his past teams, Auburn had some pretty good players on their D as did Saxet this year, let's see if he can come up with another star D player to elevate his D.....

Jimminy Crimson
1/11/2006, 09:48 AM
Always question a man named Gene. Or Jean.

...or Miss Celia Macleod. ;)

Luthor
1/11/2006, 10:02 AM
To be honest I wasn't too impressed with the scheme he used when USC lined up in their double-tight set. The way Chiz had the D lined up it put LBs over both TEs and left Harris all alone in the middle. With both DTs being double teamed it allowed the play side OG to release and shade Harris away from White and they did it over and over all night. 7 blocking 4 is pretty well going to be advantage OL every time. We made no adjustment until that last 4th down stop.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/11/2006, 11:01 AM
They way the suc moved the ball all night, esp on running plays, gives one pause on spewing accolades towards Chizik.

Herr Scholz
1/11/2006, 11:14 AM
Chizik's all about playing straight up 4:3 defense, nothing fancy. He doesn't like to throw many tricks at you. He chose not to spy Bush in the Rose Bowl. Hardly even plays much nickel. Against Tech this year, we played their offense with hardly any nickel. He's all about fundamentals and getting speed on the field.

And I hope we get him back next season. He's intense. He didn't even smile after we won in Pasadena. We'll have 7 starters back on D, with plenty of speed and talent coming in. We'll play 2-deep at every single position (DE will no longer be thin for us).

caphorns
1/11/2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah. Chizik really sucks. Nobody will hire him and we'll be stuck with him. How sad. :rolleyes:

Word on the street is that Greg Davis is going to be lured to the Houston Texans. This could turn into the perfect storm really.

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 11:28 AM
Nobody is saying he sucks. We're just saying we don't give a **** about him. Get it?

And yesterday sure was nice.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/11/2006, 11:46 AM
Nobody is saying he sucks. We're just saying we don't give a **** about him. Get it?

And yesterday sure was nice.And, can we expand the new program? C'mon Mr. Administrator, can we can we?

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 11:58 AM
IN.

westcoast_sooner
1/11/2006, 12:13 PM

Amen, Brother.

caphorns
1/11/2006, 01:10 PM

Binge and purge . . . and binge again. Yesterday was Okie State day anywayz.

homerxsimpson
1/11/2006, 01:12 PM
Chizik is sticking around to learn how stroke the big money doners, state officials, recruits parents, etc... that it takes to run a large national college program now-a-days. That's Mack's speciality. He's already got the coaching down, he's just working on his politiking.

Herr Scholz
1/11/2006, 01:21 PM
Chizik is sticking around to learn how stroke the big money doners, state officials, recruits parents, etc... that it takes to run a large national college program now-a-days. That's Mack's speciality. He's already got the coaching down, he's just working on his politiking.
Mack's biggest coup upon getting the job was repairing the relationships with Texas high school coaches. With them as well UT's football alumni, including DKR. He knows where his bread is buttered.

And you forgot developing the 'relationships' with local law enforcement as well as the NCAA guys... ;)

David Earl
1/11/2006, 01:42 PM
I'm locking every thread on every message board everywhere. GADOCADWI

caphorns
1/11/2006, 02:01 PM
I'm locking every thread on every message board everywhere. GADOCADWI

At least someone's in touch with their LonghornGirlie side today ;)

David Earl
1/11/2006, 02:15 PM
At least someone's in touch with their LonghornGirlie side today

I'd ban my next of kin for less than that buddy... :mad:

Tear Down This Wall
1/11/2006, 03:12 PM
Vince's running and Carroll's **** poor coaching bailed out Chizik's overrated defense in the Rose Bore. I wouldn't get to jacked up about the guy unless the 'Horns can somehow repeat 2005. For that, an awful lot of Big 12 teams would have to stay mediocre and the offense will have to count on another season of fumbling 35 times but only losing nine.

So, in other words, I wouldn't get too jacked up about Chizik yet.

FirstandGoal
1/11/2006, 03:15 PM
**** Chizik and
**** texass

Tuesday is my new favorite day of the week

AustinTXHorn
1/11/2006, 03:36 PM
I think he stays one more year and then bolts. I think he's going to take a head coaching job somewhere, there's just nowhere to go this year.

Tear Down This Wall
1/11/2006, 03:40 PM
Sure. He could do at least as well as the dudes at San Jose State and Syracuse who bailed on Mack.

OUthunder
1/11/2006, 03:42 PM
Belgian waffles mother****ers!

Herr Scholz
1/11/2006, 04:21 PM
So, in other words, I wouldn't get too jacked up about Chizik yet.
He had the #1 ranked defense at Auburn during 2004 and won the Frank Broyles award as the nation's top rated assistant coach. He also had a top 10 ranked D on the national champions in 2005. Based on those 2 years alone, I'm jacked up about the guy.

You have to pick your poison against USC. To say his D was overrated in the Rose Bowl because USC moved the ball and scored is pretty disingenuous don't you think? I mean, no team had beaten them in 34 straight games. We effectively took Bush out of the game but we couldn't shut down the entire offense. That's impossible. We turned them over and stopped them on a couple of 4th down tries when it counted.

caphorns
1/11/2006, 04:31 PM
I'd ban my next of kin for less than that buddy... :mad:

Damn DE what got into you? Obviously I keed . . . I keed.

Funky G
1/12/2006, 02:21 AM
Yeah. Chizik really sucks. Nobody will hire him and we'll be stuck with him. How sad. :rolleyes:

Word on the street is that Greg Davis is going to be lured to the Houston Texans. This could turn into the perfect storm really.

Chizik is good, but he has had great players on both teams, and players win games. He will lose 2 next year. OU and Ohio St. Freshman/New QB will take some time to get up to game speed.

AustinTXHorn
1/12/2006, 02:30 AM
Chizik is good, but he has had great players on both teams, and players win games. He will lose 2 next year. OU and Ohio St. Freshman/New QB will take some time to get up to game speed.
If we go 10-2 in the regular season next year, I'll be pretty happy. Losing those two games would mean Cotton Bowl at worst and another BCS trip at best.

Octavian
1/12/2006, 02:46 AM
If we go 10-2 in the regular season next year, I'll be pretty happy.

Where are your losses?

AustinTXHorn
1/12/2006, 02:57 AM
Where are your losses?
Huh? :confused:

Octavian
1/12/2006, 02:58 AM
I wouldn't answer either

Octavian
1/12/2006, 02:59 AM
Huh? :confused:

If you're hoping for a 10-2 season....what 2 games do you think Texas will lose?

AustinTXHorn
1/12/2006, 03:18 AM
If you're hoping for a 10-2 season....what 2 games do you think Texas will lose?
Said it in the first post "If we lose those two games..." meaning Ohio State and OU, the two best teams on next year's schedule.

Octavian
1/12/2006, 04:21 AM
"...we lose those two games..." meaning Ohio State and OU, the two best teams on next year's schedule.

good example of how the Texas fanbase will be missing VY for the next...oh 35 years or so

David Earl
1/12/2006, 07:41 AM
DE what got into you? Obviously I keed . . . I keed.

Dude, I also keed. Sorry, I thought it was obvious.

GDC
1/12/2006, 08:54 AM
The only bad thing about Tuesdays is they compensate by saturating the rest of the week.:texan: :mack: :mad:

Jason White's Third Knee
1/12/2006, 10:16 AM
If we go 10-2 in the regular season next year, I'll be pretty happy. Losing those two games would mean Cotton Bowl at worst and another BCS trip at best.

That's an interesting position. I didn't see OU with an obvious loss last year until I saw the team play. I have gotten back in to the swing that I was in during the '80s. I want to see a championship every year. Next year, we could run the table. Tough to do, but that's no reason to doubt them!:hmfic:

caphorns
1/12/2006, 10:40 AM
I can answer this for AustinTXHorn:

We will very likely lose 1 if not 2 of: tOSU, OU
We will likely lose at least 1 of: Iowa State, @Nebbish, @Tech, @K State or ATM

So I think a 2+ loss season is very likely. You lost 2 the year after your NC - Nebbish and OSU right?

I say we very likely lose 1 against tOSU and OU only because you guys are clearly better than the other lot - which from a preseason point of view do not look as dangerous. Easily Nebbish could turn out to be the toughest game on our schedule next year. I f'n can't believe I'm saying that, but the Blackshirts looked damn good against Michigan. Also, tOSU is replacing 9 starters on defense including that amazing LB corps from last year. OU is replacing most of its OLine. So we won't be the only ones breaking in newbies in those games. Just that empirically the QB position is a tougher position to break in.

soonernation
1/12/2006, 10:43 AM
Is it Tuesday yet?

Tear Down This Wall
1/12/2006, 06:17 PM
You lost 2 the year after your NC - Nebbish and OSU right?

I'll answer this one.

Yes. Right. But, our coach is Bob Stoops and yours is Mack Brown. Bob has Big 12 titles with three different QBs. Mack won one title is the three years Vince Young was there. He didn't even know whether Vince was better than Chance Mock or not in 2003. Midway through 2004, Vince finally had to sit him down and tell him how to let him play.

The bottom line is this - you still have Mack on your sideline, we still have Bob. We won't be losing tons of talent this year, you will. I'll bet you all of Popeye's cans of spinach that we beat you in 2003 fashion next year.

Toast-burning, last drop of milk-drinking, good for nothin' dead horse molesters!

Octavian
1/12/2006, 06:25 PM
...good for nothin' dead horse molesters!

...and then it got weird. ;)

Texas Golfer
1/12/2006, 07:19 PM
I'm curious as to how much longer Chizik will remain at UT.