PDA

View Full Version : Random drug testing

afs
1/11/2006, 12:04 AM
Anybody else have to do random drug testing at work?

There's nothing like walking out of a room with 20 random people holding an empty bottle above your shoulder and returning 3 minutes later in the same fashion but now with 45mL of your own urine.

Gives me that 3 year old I peed on my own for the first time ever feeling.

silverwheels
1/11/2006, 12:05 AM
I don't have to, and I'm thankful for that.

Tailwind
1/11/2006, 12:07 AM
Nope. Too bad though. Which drugs do they test for?

critical_phil
1/11/2006, 12:07 AM
i don't do drugs, so no worries here.

of course i don't really work either.

so basically, no.

i do go outside and pee off the back porch when the weather is nice...

yermom
1/11/2006, 12:09 AM
i had to take a drug test once to get a job

i was nervous, even though i had never even tried weed

i quit that stupid job like a month later though

usmc-sooner
1/11/2006, 12:10 AM
can you imagine getting that job, you know the guy in the bathroom to make sure nothing shady goes on?

congratulations you are the pecker checker

silverwheels
1/11/2006, 12:10 AM
It's not that I do drugs, but if I did, it's nice to know I could get away with it.

afs
1/11/2006, 12:14 AM
can you imagine getting that job, you know the guy in the bathroom to make sure nothing shady goes on?

congratulations you are the pecker checker

every time i think my job sucks, i think of the pecker checker.

StoopTroup
1/11/2006, 12:22 AM
I think everyone should have to pee and the test should be a spectro-analysis.

Want welfare - pee

Unemployment - pee

Gov't job - pee

Driver's License - pee

Insurance - Pee

And not just pee to get it....pee to keep it too.

There should be no way of knowing when you'll go or you pee everyday and you never know when they will check your sample. 95 % collected get thrown out and 5% should be tested.

Everytime you even pee...the toilet should be able to test you and if you fail....you get locked in the bathroom until the Cops come to collect you. ;)

yermom
1/11/2006, 12:30 AM
maybe you should have to pee to drive too

HoserSooner
1/11/2006, 12:44 AM
If they are going to be testing for pot, coke, heroin, etc., then why not also test for alcohol?

I understand the legality between the two, but I've worked with many a drunk and many a pothead over the years, and 9 times out of 10, the pothead is a much better worker, shows up on time & is not hungover when he does show up.

(I'm not attacking alcohol mind you...I love the stuff. :D )

yermom
1/11/2006, 12:49 AM
i have yet to see a pothead try to fight someone high either

HoserSooner
1/11/2006, 12:53 AM
i have yet to see a pothead try to fight someone high either

Other than himself. :D

OU4LIFE
1/11/2006, 07:42 AM
this has a direct correlation to your "any jobs in Tulsa" thread doesn't it?

busted.

Okieflyer
1/11/2006, 07:44 AM
I would hate the job as "pecker checker" in those tests. :(

AlbqSooner
1/11/2006, 07:46 AM
Think I am going to invent an ignition interlock for automobiles that has a urine bottle rather than a breath collector.

Last job I had I ended up being tested every other time they chose a sample. They knew I could pass. They had the right guy but they were about 25-30 years too late.

TUSooner
1/11/2006, 09:11 AM
Random, suspicionless testing is evil. I don't care how effective it is. Privacy will soon be a thing of the past if we allow this stuff to go on. What will be on the next black-list of substances or even private behavior? The only limit to the invasion will be technology, which is proving capable of detecting almost anything.
It just goes to show you what a nation of wussies we have become. As someone once said, "We used to roar like lions for liberty, now we bleat like sheep for security." Suppose the Brits tried that BS on us in 1775. We would be commemorating the Boston Pee Party, when buckets of the stuff would have been dumped on everything British. I believe there needs to be at least some degree of suspicion before such scrutiny is applied to what one ingests in private. If a person is showing up on time, doing good, safe work, then leave well-enough alone. Who cares if he smoked some reefer at the beach 2 weekends ago? If we don't start taking seriously REAL LIBERTY (like the right to left frikkin alone), the Man and Big Brother are gonna have everybody by the short hairs within 2 generations. <This rant has been curtailed in the interest of public order.>

Pieces Hit
1/11/2006, 09:15 AM
So if I crapped in the cup do you spose they would consider me management material?

jreed13
1/11/2006, 09:33 AM
Drug tests are degrading and are an invasion of privacy. It violates the search and seizure amendment if you ask me....

1/11/2006, 09:35 AM
I think I could come into work on acid and no one would notice. My office is very isolated.

Whoa.... "isolated" looks trippy typed out.

Did we get new colors on the board this morning?

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 09:41 AM
It's just a non-issue with me. I don't mind ****ting when somebody else is in the bathroom, or carrying on a conversation at the urinal, and I don't care who sees me carrying a bottle of pee. I quit doing drugs in 1987, and I'd be damned proud to **** in your cup.

Pieces Hit
1/11/2006, 09:45 AM
Drug Free and Proud to Pee!

C&CDean
1/11/2006, 09:46 AM

****in' A!!

soonerbrat
1/11/2006, 10:03 AM
just don't eat poppyseed bagels

yermom
1/11/2006, 10:04 AM
or go to a concert :D

afs
1/11/2006, 10:07 AM
this has a direct correlation to your "any jobs in Tulsa" thread doesn't it?

busted.

only in the fact that it wasted an hour of my day yesterday and added to an otherwise overall crappy day.

i don't mind the tests, i've got nothing to fear unless all the decongestants i've been taking show up as a positive for meth.

Harry Beanbag
1/11/2006, 10:08 AM
http://www.whizzinator.com/

TUSooner
1/11/2006, 01:57 PM
I'm drug-free, will pee on demand, and have done so ... plenty. But it's still EVIL !!!

Fish
1/11/2006, 03:49 PM
I had it made for a while on the Submarine...CO, XO, and COB were the same last number of their ssn as mine...not that I did anything:O

Stanley1
1/11/2006, 03:52 PM
Drug tests are degrading and are an invasion of privacy. It violates the search and seizure amendment if you ask me....

Nobody asked.

IB4OU2
1/11/2006, 03:57 PM
Swap it with apple juice and take a big swig before you hand it back to them. That'll show'em.

crawfish
1/11/2006, 03:59 PM
Dr. Lamar: Jerome, never shy, ****es on command. Beautiful piece of equipment you've got there Jerome. I ever told you that?
Vincent: Only every time I'm in here.
Dr. Lamar: Occupational hazard. I see a great many on the course of any given day. Your's just happens to be an exceptional example. Don't know why my folks didn't order one like that for me.

Stanley1
1/11/2006, 04:12 PM
I just got spek for a post in this thread, and all it said was "Burn!!!!!".

Get it? Burn? A thread about ****ing? Huh?

1stTimeCaller
1/11/2006, 04:14 PM
possibly a reference from That 70's Show, I'm guessing ;)

Stanley1
1/11/2006, 04:16 PM
possibly a reference from That 70's Show, I'm guessing ;)

Do you not see the irony though????? :D

TUSooner
1/11/2006, 05:48 PM
It's just a non-issue with me. I don't mind ****ting when somebody else is in the bathroom, or carrying on a conversation at the urinal, and I don't care who sees me carrying a bottle of pee. I quit doing drugs in 1987, and I'd be damned proud to **** in your cup.

Well, gun control is a "non-issue" for lots of people who don't own guns, but I sure don't want their apathy to affect my gun owning rights.

mdklatt
1/11/2006, 05:58 PM
There's nothing like walking out of a room with 20 random people holding an empty bottle above your shoulder and returning 3 minutes later in the same fashion but now with 45mL of your own urine.

Better yours than somebody else's....

jreed13
1/11/2006, 06:24 PM
Nobody asked.

No one asks for yours either but im at least nice enough to ignore it ;)

Stanley1
1/11/2006, 07:27 PM
No one asks for yours either but im at least nice enough to ignore it

What a *****. You turned your spek back on to neg me, and then back off again? :rolleyes: Nutless sack of ****.

sanantoniosooner
1/11/2006, 07:41 PM
What a *****. You turned your spek back on to neg me, and then back off again? :rolleyes: Nutless sack of ****.
actually I think you can neg and spek even if your spek rating is disabled.

Stanley1
1/11/2006, 08:50 PM
actually I think you can neg and spek even if your spek rating is disabled.

Still a bitch-move.

LilSooner
1/11/2006, 09:03 PM
When I started this job they brought all of us up here to Chicago for training THEN gave us a drug test. And not just any old drug test they chopped off some of my hair! I'm not talking about a tiny piece at base of my neck, I'm talking about a huge honkin' piece of the top of my noggin!

I was ****ed, but at least I passed.

Okla-homey
1/11/2006, 09:19 PM
I'm drug-free, will pee on demand, and have done so ... plenty. But it's still EVIL !!!

Couple of quick points speaking as a d00d who used to order those random pee-nalyses.

The JAG said unless they were random, they wouldn't survive scrutiny as evidence under the theory we lacked probable cause.

That said, over 400,000 in the USAF end up randomly peeing in a bottle a couple times a year. That's around 800,000 bottles of pee that get packaged up, carefully observing appropriate evidentiary chain of custody protocols at no small expense to the taxpayer. Its a good deal because it mostly keeps people who work in and around jets and bombs and nukleer missiles, etc. from being stoners.

All those pee bottles end up at Lackland AFB, TX at a central "AF Pee Lab."

Now, this is a big secret so don't tell anybody;) , Big Blue only actually tests about 5000 bottles of pee per year at the big "AF Pee Lab" (not officially called that) in San Antone.

Sooo, a guy can play the odds and still be a stoner -- but most don't. Now, if his commander has reason to believe he's a stoner, he can order a mandatory individual pee test, but that's different and that pee gets tested for sure.

just saying.

Okla-homey
1/11/2006, 09:23 PM
When I started this job they brought all of us up here to Chicago for training THEN gave us a drug test. And not just any old drug test they chopped off some of my hair! I'm not talking about a tiny piece at base of my neck, I'm talking about a huge honkin' piece of the top of my noggin!

I was ****ed, but at least I passed.

That means they can tell if you've been high at anytime that hair was on your head. :eek:

TUSooner
1/11/2006, 09:54 PM
Couple of quick points speaking as a d00d who used to order those random pee-nalyses.

The JAG said unless they were random, they wouldn't survive scrutiny as evidence under the theory we lacked probable cause.

That said, over 400,000 in the USAF end up randomly peeing in a bottle a couple times a year. That's around 800,000 bottles of pee that get packaged up, carefully observing appropriate evidentiary chain of custody protocols at no small expense to the taxpayer. Its a good deal because it mostly keeps people who work in and around jets and bombs and nukleer missiles, etc. from being stoners.

Now, this is a big secret so don't tell anybody;) , Big Blue only actually tests about 5000 bottles of pee per year at the big "AF Pee Lab" (not officially called that) in San Antone.

Sooo, a guy can play the odds and still be a stoner -- but most don't. Now, if his commander has reason to believe he's a stoner, he can order a mandatory individual pee test, but that's different and that pee gets tested for sure.

just saying.
The military, we know, is a whole n'other thang.

TUSooner
1/11/2006, 10:07 PM
That means they can tell if you've been high at anytime that hair was on your head. :eek:
That's the debbil. Which brings up the point that these tests are not designed or intended to show impairment. The farther removed, temporally, the illicit ingestion, the less rationale there is for any testing. If a guy takes a puff on Saturday, and gets in an accident the following Friday, he'll test positive and probably get fired, even though the usage had nothing whatsoever to do with the accident, and the guy might be an excellent employee. These tests are witch hunts. Big Brother is REAL, I tell ya.

afs
1/11/2006, 10:52 PM

just saying.

my first deployment on Operation Golden Flow was 7 months after i joined the USAF and only b/c the entire tech school was tested after the 4th of July.

I lasted 28 months before my 2nd test and I have now done 2 test in the past 45 days.

Okla-homey
1/11/2006, 11:32 PM
my first deployment on Operation Golden Flow was 7 months after i joined the USAF and only b/c the entire tech school was tested after the 4th of July.

I lasted 28 months before my 2nd test and I have now done 2 test in the past 45 days.

It used to be based on the last two numbers of your SSN randomly coming up in some set of 5 or 6 two-digit numbers generated by the pee computer at the "Demand Reduction" section over at the base hospital. You know, like the daily lottery: "24,37,89,12,17, etc." I presume it still is.

afs
1/11/2006, 11:36 PM
it is but they've also geared the random generation computer to focus on Airmen and Lts and those under 26 years old.

Okla-homey
1/11/2006, 11:39 PM
it is but they've also geared the random generation computer to focus on Airmen and Lts and those under 26 years old.

Dayum! so after I made captain I could have become a heroin addict? Who knew? bastages. ;)

Sooner in Tampa
1/12/2006, 06:51 AM
****ing in a bottle was just a way of life in the military. It was a small price to pay to be one of the worlds finest.

Semper Fi

TexasLidig8r
1/12/2006, 10:34 AM
This is why sex should be your only vice... :D

Veritas
1/12/2006, 10:48 AM
Mandatory and random drug testing is bull****.

I'm a computer programmer. As long as I get my job done, on time, etc, who cares if I smoke a big fat bowl every morning before work?

However, there are people in our warehouse who are drive large bits of machinery. Should they smoke a big fat bowl it's likely going to effect their ability to perform their job duties. So they'd best not be on drugs, or they'll run over somebody, damage product, break equipment etc.

However, because attorneys have completely ****ed up this nation, everything has to be fair and equal, regardless of the fact that life isn't fair and equal. So in order to not get sued for firing some pothead out in the warehouse, everybody has to get **** tested.

And FWIW, I'm clean and sober since New Years 2002. Well, not counting booze. I drink like a fish. :D But I want to reserve the right to do whatever the **** I want to do provided it's not endangering someone else without interference from the man.

Stanley1
2/3/2006, 05:45 PM

so i don't get baned

jreed13
2/3/2006, 05:53 PM
For someone to get their panties in a wad over internet message board spek is silly. To stalk that person is much worse. Imho you need to calm down and go get some help

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 05:57 PM
I've always thought ***** was a funny word for some reason.

Stanley1
2/3/2006, 06:03 PM
For someone to get their panties in a wad over internet message board spek is silly. To stalk that person is much worse. Imho you need to calm down and go get some help

And to bring up a thread that is nearly a month old to neg somebody, WHEN YOUR SPEK IS TURNED OFF, isn't?

Whatever.

jreed13
2/3/2006, 06:07 PM
And to bring up a thread that is nearly a month old to neg somebody, WHEN YOUR SPEK IS TURNED OFF, isn't?

Whatever loser.

You are getting this worked up over an internet message board spek system. Take a step back and look at yourself. wtf? I only turn on my spek about every month or so to check my spek messages. Thats why i went back and negged you for whining about spek and calling me a chicken **** ***** or whatever. Grow up.

BillyBall
2/3/2006, 06:11 PM
I've always thought ***** was a funny word for some reason.

funny and fuzzy...

BoogercountySooner
2/3/2006, 06:13 PM
I totally agree with the Random Drug test!! we have people running heavy machinery at my work and they need to be drug free. All the people at my work have to be drug tested randomly. I agree with this also. I am in management at my work and should be held to the same standards as the people that work under me. Pot and the like are illegal!! Whether anyone likes it or not people need to be held accountable for their actions! I drink a margarita from time to time and it is legal. When I go home my wife who doesn't ever drink drives. My point being is act responsible in your life.

I totaly agree with Stoup Troup drug test me every day if you want I will pass! Alot of the companies that drug test are paying very good wages to their employee's and should be able to know just how responsible and law abiding their employee's are! :)

Crimson_Balls
2/3/2006, 06:13 PM

Did someone say, "Drugs for free!"

Crimson_Balls
2/3/2006, 06:25 PM
[Enter Crickets] *chirp*

*chirp*

*chirp*

Al Gore
2/3/2006, 06:53 PM
We have pre-employement drug testing and random drug testing. I don't want anyone hurt or killed on my jobs. If they test positive, they are suspended without pay and we will set up an appointment with a drug counselor. If they go through treatment, they can have their job back. If they refuse, they are terminated.

OUHOMER
2/3/2006, 07:54 PM
All my drivers have a random, as they should, back in the day you would not believe how many drivers were on the road for days, ever heard the term LA turn around. Good speed, could go to LA and turn around and come back with out rest.

The place where the wife works hires from temp agencys, they go through about 6 applicants until ones passes a drug test.

I dont have a problem with someone who make smoke a joint on the weekend, wish i could but i dont, not worth it..

I wonder if BIRDMAN thought losing his job was worth it.

OklahomaTrombone
2/3/2006, 08:02 PM
OOOOO...Its the annual "jreed feels he is getting stalked" show presented by Summer's Eve.

okienole3
2/3/2006, 09:05 PM
OOOOO...Its the annual "jreed feels he is getting stalked" show presented by Summer's Eve.

he does get stalked a lot

jreed13
2/3/2006, 11:26 PM

Looking up my myspace because i gave him negspek on a message board= stalking

Stanley1
2/4/2006, 12:52 AM

I saw your myspace WAY before you negged me dork.

afs
2/4/2006, 04:51 AM
Went to the Coldplay concert in Las Vegas tonight. I'm hoping I don't get tagged for a drug test soon, that **** was everywhere

okienole3
2/4/2006, 10:37 AM

link

Stanley1
2/4/2006, 10:56 AM
link
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=21631572

yermom
2/4/2006, 10:56 AM
it's not too hard to figure out ;)

85Sooner
2/4/2006, 11:16 AM
Random, suspicionless testing is evil. I don't care how effective it is. Privacy will soon be a thing of the past if we allow this stuff to go on. What will be on the next black-list of substances or even private behavior? The only limit to the invasion will be technology, which is proving capable of detecting almost anything.
It just goes to show you what a nation of wussies we have become. As someone once said, "We used to roar like lions for liberty, now we bleat like sheep for security." Suppose the Brits tried that BS on us in 1775. We would be commemorating the Boston Pee Party, when buckets of the stuff would have been dumped on everything British. I believe there needs to be at least some degree of suspicion before such scrutiny is applied to what one ingests in private. If a person is showing up on time, doing good, safe work, then leave well-enough alone. Who cares if he smoked some reefer at the beach 2 weekends ago? If we don't start taking seriously REAL LIBERTY (like the right to left frikkin alone), the Man and Big Brother are gonna have everybody by the short hairs within 2 generations. <This rant has been curtailed in the interest of public order.>

as CONSERVATIVE as I am , I totally agree with you. Employers should NOT, by basis of their position, have the power to tell you what you can or can;t do outside of the work parameters. It has totally gotten out of hand.

jrsooner
2/4/2006, 11:18 AM
Anybody else have to do random drug testing at work?My current company can, but they haven't.

A previous company I worked for would send a warning to the Corporate office area of an upcoming "testing", and not tell the factory. They were using it as a tool to get rid of people in the factory area.

okienole3
2/4/2006, 11:55 AM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=21631572

Now I am a stalker!

Stanley1
2/4/2006, 12:20 PM
Now I am a stalker!

SWEET!

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/4/2006, 04:36 PM
Knock it off.

Stanley: Warning.