PDA

View Full Version : From OK to Worse for Carrol and SUC...

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:13 PM
Just reported on ESPNEWS.....Lendale White expected to go pro !! Sucks for SUC.....:D :) :P

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2006, 10:14 PM
Makes me feel bad for them.

Wait........no..........that was just gas.

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:17 PM
Makes me feel bad for them.

Wait........no..........that was just gas.

:)

:eek:

OUthunder
1/10/2006, 10:19 PM
Take the money and run mother******!

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/10/2006, 10:22 PM
HA!

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:25 PM
Personally, I think LenDale translates better to the NFL than Reggie. I don't think Reggie will be able to use all of those moves in the NFL with success. Remember, the NFL is a faster game, there are DBs and Safeties that can catch him and wrap him up.....LenDale is a power kind of a guy suited for a place like Pitt or Denver or any number of other places....time will tell....

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:29 PM
Wednesday 3:30 CT news conference for LenDale......Also, Reggie Bush says that he has yet to officially declare for the draft.....yeah, he's going....

The Ensuing Kickoff
1/10/2006, 10:33 PM
Don't start playing USC's funeral music just yet. Something tells me they are fairly loaded with talent.

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:36 PM
Don't start playing USC's funeral music just yet. Something tells me they are fairly loaded with talent.

Youngsters just like OU this year....we'll see, but my money's on either ASU, UCLA, or Cal next year...

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:37 PM
SUC loses some good Defensive guys, too. Double team Jarrett and make Bootysniffer beat you with another WR.....RB ????

oumartin
1/10/2006, 10:37 PM
is it 100% sure Reggie is going? did he already announce?

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:38 PM
is it 100% sure Reggie is going? did he already announce?

NO, no announcement yet, but surely with all of the talent SUC is losing, Reggie can see the writing on the wall......

oumartin
1/10/2006, 10:39 PM
dont' be so sure.

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:42 PM
you may be right.....oh well....it's just got to be the year of the sooner!

oumartin
1/10/2006, 10:43 PM
yeah.. surely he will go pro.
i think this is the year for #8

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:44 PM

Ryan Reynolds should play some, maybe even start ;)

TheGodfather889
1/10/2006, 11:13 PM
I hope you're right.;)

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 11:15 PM

Should be #9

damned LSU son of a b!t<h3 arsewh0les!!!! :mad:

shavedmarmoset
1/10/2006, 11:25 PM
Should be #9

damned LSU son of a b!t<h3 arsewh0les!!!! :mad:

Should be about #12.

We should have many more. Undefeated in 38, 49 and 54. Bennie Owen also had some undefeated teams.

shavedmarmoset
1/10/2006, 11:26 PM
LenDale is a power kind of a guy suited for a place like Pitt or Denver or any number of other places....time will tell....

I agree. LenDale could be a pro-bowler at Denver in a couple years if he played there.

85sooners
1/11/2006, 12:02 AM
booooooooooooomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/11/2006, 12:16 AM
Thank*od the mofos had their streak stopped.

Czar Soonerov
1/11/2006, 12:34 AM
I don't think Vince will be able to use all of those moves in the NFL with success. Remember, the NFL is a faster game, there are DBs and Safeties that can catch him and wrap him up.....

fixed

Luthor
1/11/2006, 09:12 AM

No problem. USC could (and may) loose their entire back field to the draft, but they would never miss a beat. The fact that they had a bunch of young, inexperienced wet noses playing on D didn't matter in the RB either.

Right.

RooseveltRoughRider
1/11/2006, 09:16 AM
Lendale is from Denver too....
My question is why is Reggie Bush holding out so long...he COULD pull a LEinart on us..

I think people are putting too much value in one player alone though. Anyone thinking that Texas or USC is gonna be sorry if they lose one player is not being realistic. On the flip side, if a team has ONE player..and you can't stop him, then shame on you. I think there are alot of unsung heroes amongst those teams, with only a few getting all the limelight.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 09:27 AM
Lendale is from Denver too....
My question is why is Reggie Bush holding out so long...he COULD pull a LEinart on us..

I think people are putting too much value in one player alone though. Anyone thinking that Texas or USC is gonna be sorry if they lose one player is not being realistic. On the flip side, if a team has ONE player..and you can't stop him, then shame on you. I think there are alot of unsung heroes amongst those teams, with only a few getting all the limelight.

Well, Saxet's OL is gonna lose 2 for sure and probably 3, Suc's OL could lose as many as 4 to the draft......if Jarrett was a Junior, he'd be coming out, they already lose Byrd and Smith this year, along with Bing and a few others on the D side......Is Rod Wright leaving Saxet too....they also lose Huff and what about Griffin on D? Both of these teams will lose some KEY players....

Now that doesn't mean their gonna suck. I would say Saxet loses to tOsu and OU at least (also remember that Saxet almost lost to that very good Kansas team 2 years ago at KU, with VY) and SUC will probably lose to Oregon and ASU, maybe even UCLA....not bad years for them, just not championship calibor years....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/11/2006, 11:04 AM
It DOES seem strange that R Bush hasn't announced for the pros, yet.

caphorns
1/11/2006, 11:13 AM
what about Griffin on D?

We lose the gansta C. Griffin. But not the more talented and disciplined M. Griffin. We kind of have an endless supply of Griffins and McCoys.

Oldnslo
1/11/2006, 11:35 AM
I hate it when other programs have a really good year or two and then lose their star players and the coaches that made it all happen.

It breaks me up inside.

Now, those f'ers can know what it's like to be Oklahoma for the last 6 years.

caphorns
1/11/2006, 01:18 PM
Now, those f'ers can know what it's like to be Oklahoma for the last 6 years.

I know you guys have high standards and all but it hasn't exactly been sh!tty to be an OU fan over the last few years between the Big XII titles, NC game appearances, BCS appearances and Heisman Trophy.

Winning the Pac 10 is almost a given for SC. That probably means 4 or 5 BCS appearances in the next 6 years. I doubt that's going to bother too many people in Southern Cal.

JohnnyMack
1/11/2006, 01:21 PM
It DOES seem strange that R Bush hasn't announced for the pros, yet.

Dude spent the last week interviewing agents, says he has it narrowed down to 2. Semantics.

CatfishSooner
1/11/2006, 02:25 PM
Bush would be an idiot(ML) to not go...;

Octavian
1/11/2006, 02:36 PM
I think people are putting too much value in one player alone though. Anyone thinking that Texas or USC is gonna be sorry if they lose one player is not being realistic.

yeah, what does one measely player amount to anyway? Nordgren would've lead Texas to a NC too...would've done just as well as VY. Texas won't skip a beat w/ a new QB next year...not one beat. And that Reggie Bush kid...dime a dozen

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2006, 05:04 PM
I wonder if all the 47 game win streak freaks still think USC is going undefeated next year?:rolleyes:

soonerlaw
1/11/2006, 05:10 PM
Its official. White is gone. Good riddens. I hope he enjoys Minnesota.

Running back LenDale White declared for the NFL draft on Wednesday.

White, a 6-foot-2, 235-pound junior, could be the third major offensive weapon to leave USC for the NFL this year, following the departure of quarterback Matt Leinart. Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush is set to announce whether he'll go pro or stay with the Trojans on Thursday.

White finished the 2005 season with 1,302 yards on 197 carries, including 124 yards on 20 carries in the Trojans' 41-38 Rose Bowl loss to Texas. In his three-year career, White had 541 carries for 3,159 yards.

BajaOklahoma
1/11/2006, 05:13 PM
I wonder if all the 47 game win streak freaks still think USC is going undefeated next year?:rolleyes:

I am still anti-USC, thanks for asking. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2006, 05:31 PM
I am still a horn fan, thanks for asking. ;)

:D

NormanPride
1/11/2006, 05:34 PM

You do realize they play in the Pac-10, yes?

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2006, 05:36 PM
You do realize they play in the Pac-10, yes?

yes. and they are going to lose some games next year.

NormanPride
1/11/2006, 05:42 PM
If you say so. I'll believe the Pac-10 is worth something when I see it.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/11/2006, 06:01 PM

That's what I said all season last year, and then....55-19. YEEOUCH.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/11/2006, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't even draft LW. He's the most over-rated RB in CFB.

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2006, 06:20 PM

Outside of the Pac 10 these teams have a chance to beat USC next year. Believe it or not.;)

Arkansas
Nebraska
Notre Dame

NormanPride
1/11/2006, 06:55 PM
The idea of Nebraska earning respect for beating USC just made me hurl in my coffee mug.

shavedmarmoset
1/11/2006, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't even draft LW. He's the most over-rated RB in CFB.

He has 3,159 career rushing yards in three years and that's behind a Heisman winner. He is a damn good back.

shavedmarmoset
1/11/2006, 06:58 PM
Outside of the Pac 10 these teams have a chance to beat USC next year. Believe it or not.;)

Arkansas
Nebraska
Notre Dame

God I hate Notre Dame and I don't want Brain-dead Quinn to win the Heisman

So I hop USC wins that game.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 07:00 PM

Arkansas
Nebraska
Notre Dame

I'll take ND, but Arky and cornfuskers?? just the thought.....:eek:

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2006, 08:03 PM
I'll take ND, but Arky and cornfuskers?? just the thought.....:eek:

I think Arkansas at home has a decent chance of beating them. They took LSU to the wire in their last game. I'm not sure how many players they lose, but they had a lot of close games last season that could have gone either way.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 08:04 PM
I think Arkansas at home has a decent chance of beating them. They took LSU to the wire in their last game. I'm not sure how many players they lose, but they had a lot of close games last season that could have gone either way.

Lack of the "killer instinct" like OU this year...:eek:

cuedaddy
1/11/2006, 10:20 PM

Arkansas
Nebraska
Notre Dame

I've been reading this thread and chuckling to myself. I don't know about my fellow Trojans, but I DO expect another undefeated season. One loss in 3 years and a ton of talent on board. There's almost 3 weeks to signing day and USC still has about 15 five star players who list USC as a favorite. Booty and Sanchez are excellent QB's. The defense will be the teams strength next year. You guys were making all these 1 & 2 loss predictions last year when Norm Chow and Ed Orgeron left. Texas is "one & done" with Vince gone. USC is still rolling.

Lasagna
1/11/2006, 10:26 PM
A road opener in what should be an electric environment with a new QB will NOT be easy for USC, it could be a "stunning early upset", but people should see it coming.
Arkansas should be able to run all day against USC.

KC//CRIMSON
1/11/2006, 10:44 PM
I've been reading this thread and chuckling to myself. I don't know about my fellow Trojans, but I DO expect another undefeated season. One loss in 3 years and a ton of talent on board. There's almost 3 weeks to signing day and USC still has about 15 five star players who list USC as a favorite. Booty and Sanchez are excellent QB's. The defense will be the teams strength next year. You guys were making all these 1 & 2 loss predictions last year when Norm Chow and Ed Orgeron left. Texas is "one & done" with Vince gone. USC is still rolling.

Come back here in late December '06 and we'll talk. Your boys are going to drop some games.

Get ready for it.;)

Octavian
1/11/2006, 10:57 PM
Texas is "one & done" with Vince gone. USC is still rolling.

You're stretching a little but I tend to agree. SUC can't immediately replace all that experience at their skill positions but I like their long-term chances at another NC this decade more than Texas. Vince's confidence seemed to offset the passiveness and uncertainty of Greg Davis (and to a certain extent, Mack himself).

yur-out
1/11/2006, 11:00 PM
You guys were making all these 1 & 2 loss predictions last year when Norm Chow and Ed Orgeron left.
And your final record was???....Man they're good around here.

BASSooner
1/13/2006, 12:37 AM
Things JUST got worse for USC. Winston Justice a jr OL is declaring for the draft. Need a source? Watch ESPN

silverwheels
1/13/2006, 12:40 AM
I don't see how their situation is so bad when they've been pulling in the best of California for 4 years now.

sanantoniosooner
1/13/2006, 12:41 AM
That QB, Garcia, just declared for NAMBLA.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/13/2006, 09:37 AM
He has 3,159 career rushing yards in three years and that's behind a Heisman winner. He is a damn good back.

Behind a Heisman winner? Bush had a lot of carries this year, but the last two years he was a receiver out of the backfield. He has had 5 x 350 lb tongans blocking for him for 3 years. He was ok, but all of this elite back stuff... absolute horse****. Kejuan ran harder than White and weighs 30 lbs less.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/13/2006, 09:40 AM
You guys were making all these 1 & 2 loss predictions last year when Norm Chow and Ed Orgeron left. Texas is "one & done" with Vince gone. USC is still rolling.

Hey, guess what? The one loss prediction was right.:texan:

Salt City Sooner
1/13/2006, 01:12 PM
Things JUST got worse for USC. Winston Justice a jr OL is declaring for the draft. Need a source? Watch ESPN
& if ESPN News is correct, add Fred Matua to that list, which if I'm not mistaken (cuedaddy?) makes 4 OL.

Texas Golfer
1/13/2006, 05:45 PM

Don't go there. Who's to say whether or not Bush or White opt for the NFL had they won.

Had they beaten UT and stayed, they could have been on the team that won 48 consecutive games and been on the team for all 48 of them.

They could have been on the team for four consecutive AP national championships and been on the team for all four of them.

Bush, possibly could have won a second Heisman being only the second player to do that.

White could possibly have won the Heisman and increased his NFL stock.

Had USC beaten UT, there could have been incentives to come back for these players.

Texas Golfer
1/13/2006, 05:49 PM
I've been reading this thread and chuckling to myself. I don't know about my fellow Trojans, but I DO expect another undefeated season. One loss in 3 years and a ton of talent on board.

Which loss are you not counting? Is it the California loss in the '03 season or the UT loss in the '05 season?

KC//CRIMSON
1/13/2006, 09:39 PM
Don't go there. Who's to say whether or not Bush or White opt for the NFL had they won.

Had they beaten UT and stayed, they could have been on the team that won 48 consecutive games and been on the team for all 48 of them.

They could have been on the team for four consecutive AP national championships and been on the team for all four of them.

Bush, possibly could have won a second Heisman being only the second player to do that.

White could possibly have won the Heisman and increased his NFL stock.

Had USC beaten UT, there could have been incentives to come back for these players.

please, pull your head out.:rolleyes:

Texas Golfer
1/13/2006, 11:17 PM
please, pull your head out.:rolleyes:

Well, thank you for taking the time to address my points.