PDA

View Full Version : possibly bad news re: Wyatt staying (still a rumor a little)

King Crimson
1/10/2006, 05:04 PM
former CU OC Shawn Watson has (according to Buff boards) has taken the TE coaching job at Nebraska. So, while he was considered a candidate for the SDSU OC job looks like his proper place in the coaching chain is position coach.

i've never thought the guy was that good (Watson). there were also rumors that he was under consideration for the Cal OC job under Tedford....which seems ludicrous to me. and if he's taking a position coach job, he wasn't going to be OC in Berkeley under Tedford.

Wyatt: unless there's new stuff i haven't heard about which to be optimistic, i was hoping Chuck would hire Watson and Wyatt would stay.

Harry Beanbag
1/10/2006, 05:06 PM
Wyatt turned down the Chuck offer. Current rumors now have him going to the Vikings.

Mjcpr
1/10/2006, 05:08 PM
Wyatt turned down the Chuck offer. Current rumors now have him going to the Vikings.

Rumor has it they're wooing him with a Minneapolis boat tour.

Keep your fingers crossed, people. This could get hairy.

Try the veal!

King Crimson
1/10/2006, 05:10 PM

thanks, i've been kind of out of the loop.

yermom
1/10/2006, 05:32 PM

Keep your fingers crossed, people. This could get Hairy.

what does 4Life have to do with this?

FaninAma
1/10/2006, 05:36 PM

Keep your fingers crossed, people. This could get hairy.

Try the veal!

Was there a pun intended in your post? :eek:

Beef
1/10/2006, 05:37 PM
what does 4Life have to do with this?
Take your SO humor to the SO.

PalmBeachSooner
1/10/2006, 05:40 PM
I hope Coach Wyatt stays but we did OK before he got here and I think we will do OK after he leaves. He did a great job recruiting but I think he was more valuable as a WR coach. If he goes I wish him luck and have confidence Coach will find a suitable replacement. This is going to be a recurring event after every season.

yermom
1/10/2006, 05:54 PM
it looks like he is probably ready to be an OC somewhere...

he's been a WR coach for a long time

OklahomaTuba
1/10/2006, 05:56 PM
I wish he was OU's OC.

Widescreen
1/10/2006, 10:01 PM
Take your SO humor to the SO.
What if it's not funny?

;)

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:04 PM
I'd like to see him stay for 2 years and set OU with with some more good recievers before he leaves...

OUGreg723
1/10/2006, 10:37 PM
I'd like him to stay at OU and become our OC someday. I think he's the best assistant coach on the staff besides Brent.

Readyfor8
1/10/2006, 11:01 PM
Wilson is going to be a great OC, why are people already trying to give his job away? We just got a new OC people, lets let him run the show and see how it goes.

OUGreg723
1/10/2006, 11:29 PM
I was talkin in 4-5 years maybe. Not now, I like Wilson alot.

Sooner in Tampa
1/11/2006, 06:23 AM
Wilson is going to be a great OC, why are people already trying to give his job away? We just got a new OC people, lets let him run the show and see how it goes.I do like Wilson as our OC...but the bottom line is that our coordinators do have a history of moving on after a couple of years...especially the OC's. Wyatt could the be the OC in 2 to 3 years. I envision Wilson making his way to some program has a HC in that time.