PDA

View Full Version : This thread isn't so much about the Eagles letting Owens talk to other teams...

TopDawg
1/10/2006, 01:55 PM
...as it is that FoxSports didn't use Owens' agent's name in the blurb that leads into the story:

"The Philadelphia Eagles might decide to allow the agent for wide receiver Terrell Owens to orchestrate a trade to another team, according to a report in The Philadelphia Inquirer. Multiple teams are thought to have interest, including the Buccaneers and the Jets."

link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=5234784)

Good job, FoxSports. Any agent who needs his own agent should go unmentioned whenever possible.

CatfishSooner
1/10/2006, 01:59 PM
Is this bad?

NormanPride
1/10/2006, 02:32 PM
Is this bad?

It's odd that a player commands so much media attention, but I don't think it's bad... It's good that Rosenhaus wasn't mentioned, as TD said. It's also good that wherever TO goes he's going to have a very restricted contract. Maybe that will get the media to shut up about him.

TopDawg
1/10/2006, 02:39 PM
If those two teams are the front-runners, let's hope he goes to the Bucs. A big part of an athlete's national media exposure is based on their local media exposure and he'll be getting a lot more of it in NY than in TB.

NormanPride
1/10/2006, 02:45 PM
Then let's send him to Green Bay!

Oh man, my girlfriend is going to KILL me.

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/10/2006, 03:49 PM
If those two teams are the front-runners, let's hope he goes to the Bucs. A big part of an athlete's national media exposure is based on their local media exposure and he'll be getting a lot more of it in NY than in TB.

i seriously doubt the bucs will have him. they already canned keyshawn for having a bad attitude. i don't see where they'll take another high priced idiot.

jmho, fwiw.

TopDawg
1/10/2006, 04:14 PM
I was kinda surprised to see them in the mix too.

But ya never know...maybe you get through one year relatively pain-free and make it to the Super Bowl with him. It worked for the Eagles...and it seems NFL front-offices are eternal optimists when it comes to players with "histories."

bluedogok
1/10/2006, 08:49 PM
He is a great teammate for one year, it seems to be that second year that he has trouble with.

SoonerLB
1/10/2006, 09:36 PM
The NFL would be better if he never played another down for another team!
Lesson learned for an egotistical SOB and his egotistical agent!
Sometime, somewhere, the line has to be drawn, while some people can still afford to be fans!
Maybe I'm just "old school", but I DO remember when there was no "I" in TEAM. And I hate seeing "TEAMS" being torn apart and their futures mortgaged away to sign Prima Donna's like T.O. and his ilk, that oh too often result not in Super Bowl rings, but Salary Cap and Financial issues.
When you rob Paul to pay Peter, you're liable to end up with a Dick. Just look at the Eagles, and where it got them!

Sooner in Tampa
1/11/2006, 06:31 AM
I was kinda surprised to see them in the mix too.

But ya never know...maybe you get through one year relatively pain-free and make it to the Super Bowl with him. It worked for the Eagles...and it seems NFL front-offices are eternal optimists when it comes to players with "histories."As a die hard Bucs fan, there are mixed emotions. We did go through the whole Meshawn thing...but most fans here in town are willing to give TO a chance. Most of the people that I talk to agree that we should bring him for a relatively low amount of money laden with incentives. Give him a VERY short leash and if he screws up...cut his ***! His talent is pretty well know and admired...if he could just shut up and color, it would be better off for everybody.
I just don't see the Bucs actually trading for him though...I would think that the Bucs are going to wait for him to just get released.