PDA

View Full Version : Michael Morgan

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 12:53 PM
What are our chances of landing this kid? Where do we rank on his top three or five? Apparently the OU coaches must think Patterson isn't going to make it I guess. Morgan would be a good pick up.

westcoast_sooner
1/10/2006, 01:50 PM
Rivals lists his choices as between the Sooners, FSU, Michigan, aTm, and suc.

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 02:37 PM
Rivals lists his choices as between the Sooners, FSU, Michigan, aTm, and suc.

dang, stiff competition..

BillyBall
1/10/2006, 02:39 PM
Hes had 2 official visits so far, OU and USC. I believe he is going to FSU in January for a look.

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 02:53 PM
let's hope he sees the light shining out of Norman!!

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 07:58 PM
Updates???? Is he waiting until signing day???

BillyBall
1/15/2006, 12:41 PM
Per Rivals:

One of the few recruits left on the Sooners board is Dallas (Texas) Skyline linebacker Michael Morgan. With recruiting season quickly coming to a close there have been stories of Morgan being anything from dropped from the Sooners board to being highly sought after by the Sooner staff.

With Darrell Wyatt being the head recruiter for Morgan over the past few months many are somewhat worried the recent departure could affect the chances the Sooners have of adding him to the list of signees on February 1. It comes as no surprise for the four-star linebacker.

“I guess you can say I already knew about it,” Morgan said. “One of my coaches went to a coach’s convention on Monday and he found out about it and told me. He said Chris Wilson was going to be the new coach in charge of recruiting me. I still haven’t heard from Oklahoma or coach Wyatt about it or anything.”

Knowing he knew about the departure and still has had positive things to say about the Sooners over the past week can only be a good thing, right?

“It doesn’t change anything about Oklahoma,” he said. “I still feel the same way about them. It doesn’t have an effect on my decision one way or another. I liked coach Wyatt a lot, but Oklahoma still has a chance of signing me without him.”

With three recruiting weekends left Morgan has a busy stretch run with two visits set in the final two weeks of the process. While distance plays little-to-no factor, according to Morgan, he admits Oklahoma and Texas A&M may have the advantage. However, the next few weeks will finally decide things for the 6-foot-2, 200 pound linebacker.

“This weekend I’m going to Arkansas for a track meet,” he said. “Then next week I’m going to Texas A&M and then the week after that I’m going to Florida State. I’ll probably make an announcement soon after I get back from Florida State. I think I’ll announce on the local television station on January 31. It’s not official or anything, but it’s in the works.”

soonerdave79
1/31/2006, 01:54 PM
Well, it's January 31st. I don't guess anyone has heard anything?

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2006, 02:29 PM
He won't be a Sooner.

NormanPride
1/31/2006, 03:12 PM
Doesn't look like we have room for him, really. It's too bad, he seemed like he had great instincts.

lufkinaggie07
1/31/2006, 11:10 PM
Morgan committed to USC, he played A&M and FSU like a fiddle, then committed to USC out of the blue.

Desert Sapper
1/31/2006, 11:13 PM
Morgan committed to USC, he played A&M and FSU like a fiddle, then committed to USC out of the blue.

That's funny. At least we aren't the only ones that get played. Dummy will have to wait behind everybody to play LB at USC.

GottaHavePride
2/1/2006, 12:08 AM
What are our chances of landing this kid? Where do we rank on his top three or five? Apparently the OU coaches must think Patterson isn't going to make it I guess. Morgan would be a good pick up.

I've heard that so long as Patterson passes all his classes this semester and over the summer, he'll qualify.

Desert Sapper
2/1/2006, 12:11 AM
I've heard that so long as Patterson passes all his classes this semester and over the summer, he'll qualify.

And clicks his heels together three times, saying "There's no place like home..."

Seriously, I hope he qualifies. If he does, our LB corps is that much better.

The Consumate Showman
2/2/2006, 04:22 PM
Patterson might be another Torrance Marshall kind of guy........great instincts ---- not so great intellects..........I say, give us two good years and send him on his way........he seriously could be that good if he can stay eligible..........

RacerX
2/2/2006, 09:08 PM
Channel 4 every night.

Ruuuuuufus
2/2/2006, 10:34 PM
Patterson might be another Torrance Marshall kind of guy........great instincts ---- not so great intellects..........I say, give us two good years and send him on his way........he seriously could be that good if he can stay eligible..........

If Patterson makes it to campus this next year he will have 3 to play 3.

critical_phil
2/2/2006, 10:42 PM

how bout the weed?

does he love the weed like Torrance?

Widescreen
2/3/2006, 10:44 AM
does he love the weed like Torrance?
Nobody loves weed like Torrance. Except Ricky.

The Consumate Showman
2/3/2006, 12:03 PM

Ragweed????

c'mon, you know Torrance was straight up.......ummmmm

Scott D
2/3/2006, 03:29 PM

*cough*Darrius*cough* ;)