PDA

View Full Version : McCoy Announcement

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 12:11 PM
Has anyone heard when, where, etc. McCoy is going to make his decision? I figure he will do like Reggie last year, just earlier. McCoy is done with his visits and is down to OU, LSU, and SUC. I hope he doesn't pull some drama crap and wait till signing day.....

Harry Beanbag
1/10/2006, 12:15 PM
Last I heard he's going to pull some drama crap and wait 'til signing day.

Herr Scholz
1/10/2006, 12:17 PM
Why is it that every recruit has to pull that punk move now on tv where they first pick up the hat of a school that they're not choosing and say "Psyche!". I hate that. That is so classless. Why disrespect a school that has offered you a scholarship and been nothing but nice to you?

Not saying McCoy will do this. I just don't like that trend. Rant over. Good luck on landing Gerald. He's a player.

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 12:24 PM
Last I heard he's going to pull some drama crap and wait 'til signing day.

son of a b^&$#, m^%#@$ f*$%^@, b$#@!%^ piece of d^&*%$ s$#@!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

RedStripe
I am agreeing with herr, God help me, where's the peroxide.:texan:

The Consumate Showman
i hate waiting on these kids........

Desert Sapper
1/10/2006, 12:27 PM
I HOPE he does pull a Reggie and signs with OU, signing day or not.

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 12:31 PM
I HOPE he does pull a Reggie and signs with OU, signing day or not.

Me too...just wish he would go ahead and get it over with so we can sing his praises...;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/10/2006, 04:14 PM
Has anyone heard when, where, etc. McCoy is going to make his decision? I figure he will do like Reggie last year, just earlier. McCoy is done with his visits and is down to OU, LSU, and SUC. I hope he doesn't pull some drama crap and wait till signing day.....

I think the media is partially to blame for this as a we fans as a whole. A lot of players do this because they want the attention and we are more than willing to let them have it.

Personally though I don't really care if McCoy waits until the last possible second so long as he commits to OU, first verbally and more importantly with his actions once he gets on campus.

I don't think McCoy is being an attention whore like some recruits. It's very likely he really hasn't made up his mind for sure yet. It is a big decision.

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 04:28 PM
. I don't think McCoy is being an attention whore like some recruits. It's very likely he really hasn't made up his mind for sure yet. It is a big decision.

I thought the same thing and then I get up one morning a few weeks ago to watch the news on channel 9 and there he sits with one of the reporters talking about his career and such for about 5 minutes.....you know what really kinda worried me about that interview???? not once did he even mention OU....???? :rolleyes: oh well, I still think he's Norman-bound..:) :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/11/2006, 11:16 AM
I thought the same thing and then I get up one morning a few weeks ago to watch the news on channel 9 and there he sits with one of the reporters talking about his career and such for about 5 minutes.....you know what really kinda worried me about that interview???? not once did he even mention OU....???? :rolleyes: oh well, I still think he's Norman-bound..:) :D

The problem with me not living in the OKC area. I didn't know of that interview. That does make him sound like he could be a bit of an attention whore. Then again, back in my baseball days I was never bashful about yapping on camera for the local media so I'd be a little of a hypocrit.

I just hope we get him.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 11:25 AM
The problem with me not living in the OKC area. I didn't know of that interview. That does make him sound like he could be a bit of an attention whore. Then again, back in my baseball days I was never bashful about yapping on camera for the local media so I'd be a little of a hypocrit.

I just hope we get him.

me 2...

I would like to keep going with this tradition of getting the #1 DT every year from now on....so far its been Dampeer(lazy a$$), Granger(think he might be a great one), and now hopefully McCoy....would be NICE :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/11/2006, 11:37 AM
Why is it that every recruit has to pull that punk move now on tv where they first pick up the hat of a school that they're not choosing and say "Psyche!". I hate that. That is so classless. Why disrespect a school that has offered you a scholarship and been nothing but nice to you?

Not saying McCoy will do this. I just don't like that trend. Rant over. Good luck on landing Gerald. He's a player.Uh, thanks. Are you allright?

Herr Scholz
1/11/2006, 11:45 AM
Uh, thanks. Are you allright?
Yeah. I want UT and OU to stay up there. I like it that our game is one of the premier games in the country every year, especially when we're both in the top 5. I respect OU, unlike a&m. While OU was rebuilding this year, it still meant a lot to win that game.

soonerlaw
1/11/2006, 11:52 AM
This is the most attention that some of these HS kids get. The one I laugh about most often is Ryan Perriloux. He had so much press time it was unbelievable. Look at him now... he could be starting at UT next year, but after that performance the other guy had against MIAMI, he could be 3rd string at best.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 11:59 AM
This is the most attention that some of these HS kids get. The one I laugh about most often is Ryan SUCKiloux. He had so much press time it was unbelievable. Look at him now... he could be starting at UT next year, but after that performance the other guy had against MIAMI, he could be 3rd string at best.

Fixed...

That kid was an a$$bag, big time....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/11/2006, 12:44 PM
the last player everyone thought we were going to get that took 5 official visits of which none of them was OU was robert meachem. he had told the coaches a 100 times that he was coming to OU and then pulled out the tennessee letter. how bad were the coaches fooled? they pushed back their press conference to after his announcement. they had his film on the highlight tape they put up for the media.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 01:14 PM
the last player everyone thought we were going to get that took 5 official visits of which none of them was OU was robert meachem. he had told the coaches a 100 times that he was coming to OU and then pulled out the tennessee letter. how bad were the coaches fooled? they pushed back their press conference to after his announcement. they had his film on the highlight tape they put up for the media.

Is MEchum still at tennessee? starting, graduated, drop out???

Desert Sapper
1/11/2006, 01:31 PM
Is MEchum still at tennessee? starting, graduated, drop out???

http://utsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/meachem_robert00.html

He's still there. Had a good freshman year. Also led the team in receiving this year. Tennessee sucked this year, though, so...

Widescreen
1/11/2006, 02:42 PM
jkm's post about early NFL entrants showed Meachem was declaring for the draft.

Desert Sapper
1/11/2006, 03:39 PM
jkm's post about early NFL entrants showed Meachem was declaring for the draft.

No, actually, jkm was listing the people we offered from that class (2003), and highlighted the ones that declared early. Meachem was not highlighted. Only some lineman named Rob Smith is going early from Tennessee.

Here's another link with the same stuff jkm got off of CSTV:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2284761

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/11/2006, 04:16 PM
we added some more 5* guys -

kai parham was a guy that we thought we might get back then. he was a legacy type player.

demetrius summers - one of the 13.2 billion running backs we struck out on that year.

michael williams - the sleeper we uncovered that mack stole from us. that guy almost cost hael his coveted place in the minds of the insiders group. 10 sacks as a freshman, 0.0 gpa.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/11/2006, 04:17 PM
over 1/2 of the 5* recruits from that class either bailed after 3 years or have been kicked off of their football teams.

Desert Sapper
1/11/2006, 04:22 PM
Well, I hope McCoy doesn't ditch us for some other sorry school or bolt early. I hope he dominates on the Sooner D-Line for four full years, then wins the Heisman as a senior.;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/11/2006, 04:27 PM
i'm sorry, but early entrants have killed us over the last several years. not a trend that i'd like to see continued.

stoopified
1/13/2006, 12:44 AM

Not saying McCoy will do this. I just don't like that trend. Rant over. Good luck on landing Gerald. He's a player.Hate to do this but I am forced to agree with one of the Minions Of THE BURNT ORANGE EMPIRE on this issue.I also don't like players who feel the need to showboat after scoring or making a big play.

OUGreg723
1/13/2006, 01:03 AM
Leroy Selmon never said a word or did any show boating. And he was only the greatest player of all time...

The best never show boat.

TN Sooner
1/13/2006, 01:40 PM
Robert Meachem has been a major disappointment at Tennessee. Seems to bounce from one injury to the next and even when healthy he is as soft as they come at the WR position.

Meachem has physical skills but he plays like his heart is not in the game.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/13/2006, 04:42 PM
so he is basically mcquarters?

sooner13f
1/13/2006, 05:04 PM
Robert Meachem has been a major disappointment at Tennessee. Seems to bounce from one injury to the next and even when healthy he is as soft as they come at the WR position.

Meachem has physical skills but he plays like his heart is not in the game.
That sometimes happens when it hits you, that you made a mistake and should of stayed home.;)

GottaHavePride
1/13/2006, 05:46 PM
that guy almost cost hael his coveted place in the minds of the insiders group. 10 sacks as a freshman, 0.0 gpa.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/151/3101.jpg

heh.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/13/2006, 05:51 PM
That sometimes happens when it hits you, that you made a mistake and should of stayed home.;)

personally, there are about 10 schools in oklahoma that i'd take a kid from over a kid from BTW. well, unless we need a boost to our team GPA. the last couple of guys we've gotten from there have been superstars in the classroom, but not so much on the field.

Widescreen
1/13/2006, 06:09 PM
What about Rocky Bright? He was a terror.

;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/13/2006, 06:11 PM
4.0 GPA, almost a rhodes scholar. yep. renzi stonish...

LoyalFan
1/14/2006, 08:20 AM
Lee Roy Selman never said a word or did any show boating. And he was only the greatest player of all time...

Even better than Leroy Selmon? WOW!

LF

OUGreg723
1/14/2006, 02:34 PM
Even better than Leroy Selmon? WOW!

LF

lol, It was late and I was tired!!:D

Ban One Sooner
1/14/2006, 04:58 PM
What about Rocky Bright? He was a terror.

;)

It would have been interesting to see how Rocky did if he would have taken the coach's advice and moved to O-line, ala Romero and Jammal Brown. I never really heard why he wouldn't accept the move and get some PT at least. Oh well, he still ended up with a ring in 2000.

BASSooner
1/15/2006, 06:55 PM
Ok was McCoy ever on tv today?

The Consumate Showman
1/15/2006, 08:33 PM
Ok was McCoy ever on tv today?

Tonight with Deano on the Blitz

Desert Sapper
1/16/2006, 08:09 AM
So....what happened?

Desert Sapper
1/16/2006, 08:38 AM
OK, I read the other thread. Let's recap what the three schools have going for them with regard to Gerald:

SUC - a short drive to the beach, world class facilities (remember the '84 olympics?), good academics (private school), opportunity to start early, Pete Carroll's silver tongue, weak conference should provide a shot at a National Title.

LeSU - Al Woods, world class facilities, Lester's silver tongue, SEC is highly respected (unless you are Auburn), not terribly far from home (but the proximity of NO is no longer a big bonus)

OU - Tommie Harris, world class facilities, Bob's family atmosphere, Big XII gets no respect from anyone but the BCS (hint), home cooking is right around the corner, and the rotation at DT with Gerald and Demarcus would be likely one of the most talented in Sooner history (next to possibly the Selmons)

We have a lot of positives, but I am wearing crimson-shaded glasses.

Harry Beanbag
1/16/2006, 09:33 AM
SUC - a short drive to the beach, world class facilities (remember the '84 olympics?), good academics (private school), opportunity to start early, Pete Carroll's silver tongue, weak conference should provide a shot at a National Title.

The Coliseum was a world class facility 70 years ago, not so much anymore.

Desert Sapper
1/16/2006, 10:38 AM
The Coliseum was a world class facility 70 years ago, not so much anymore.

Yeah, but the pillars are neato. :P

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=usc+coliseum/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=12e37ngnm/EXP=1137512243/*-http%3A//www.walkersj.com/portfolio/content/usc/usc_0_HI.jpg

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 10:38 AM
If Gerald wants "true" respect, he needs to play in a "tough" conference like the Big XII or SEC.....the Pac-10 has a bunch of pansy schools and a lot of offensive minded coaches that develop good offensive players for the pros...

Yes, the Pac-10 does have some good Defensive players in the pros a la Bruschi, M. Patterson, Tatupu, and some others, but look at the BIG XII and SEC Defensive players a la TRRW, Tommie, Strait, Teddy, Rocky, Woolfolk, Newman, K. Gregg, D.J. Johnson, Carlos Rodgers, Dansby, ...... These two conferences usually have some of, if not, the top Defensive guys come out every year.....

LSUdeek
1/16/2006, 11:15 AM
LeSU - Al Woods, world class facilities, Lester's silver tongue, SEC is highly respected (unless you are Auburn), not terribly far from home (but the proximity of NO is no longer a big bonus)

Cmon man -- the Quarter is now just as it was. Unless he wants to visit the Ninth Ward on his weekends ya ain't got an argument. :)

Desert Sapper
1/16/2006, 11:21 AM
Cmon man -- the Quarter is now just as it was. Unless he wants to visit the Ninth Ward on his weekends ya ain't got an argument. :)

OK, I haven't been there. I'm sure the Corps of Engineers is making everything nice again. I hope New Orleans is well for Mardi Gras this year. My question is: do you have any other positives than the ones I listed?

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 11:45 AM
Why go from Oklahoma to Louisiana? LSU has a relatively new and small FB tradition that is doomed with Lester at the helm. Don't look for any crystal in LSU's cabinets in the future, or at least until Lessy-boy is gone....

He'd be moving to a hotter, muggier, more humid climate than Oklahoma, which is hard to do...

He loves Tommie Harris; no mention of Spears, Lavalais, or others from LSu...

Alligators....

Voo-Doo......

Basically still a disaster area in New O. anyways now matter how "fast" they are trying to claen up...

Still a death-trap with those levee systems......

I guess the only plus I can even think of is going and partying with Harry Conick, Jr. (if u like that kid of music? i would venture a large bet that Gerald listens to rap, wouldn't you all?)

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 11:47 AM
Hey LSUdeek..

Has there been much talk about Les leaving LSU and going for his "dream" job at Michigan is Carr gets canned next year or the very near future? Les has acted like if Michigan comes open again, he will be fighting to get that job with all he's got....

Desert Sapper
1/16/2006, 11:48 AM
i would venture a large bet that Gerald listens to rap, wouldn't you all

Meaning what? That he's going to SUC so he can hang with Snoop? Nah...I say he's a country fan ("He'll put a boot in your a$$, it's the Sooner Way!!). ;)

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 11:56 AM
Meaning what? That he's going to SUC so he can hang with Snoop? Nah...I say he's a country fan ("He'll put a boot in your a$$, it's the Sooner Way!!). ;)

I like that.....

Snoop? Snoop Dogg is old now man. You've got to think like 50 Cent, Young Jeezy, M&M, Paul Wall, Ludacris, The Game, Lil Wayne, etc.....

These guys are "his" generation of rappers....

Snoop goes back with guys like his bro Warren G, Dr. Dre, Master P, Tupac, P. Diddy, Biggy Smalls, etc..... my generation of rappers...;)

sooner13f
1/16/2006, 04:10 PM
I was looking for video from last night when I found this one looks like from before the AA game. Just in case you want to check it out.

http://newsok.com/video/1698469/

soonerdave79
1/16/2006, 04:24 PM
As christian as Gerald is, I don't think his decision will be influenced by Mardi Gras and I wouldn't guess he's listening to 50 cent either. Consequently, I think he should stick around in OKLAHOMA, AKA "the bible belt".

LSUdeek
1/16/2006, 04:25 PM
OK, I haven't been there. I'm sure the Corps of Engineers is making everything nice again. I hope New Orleans is well for Mardi Gras this year. My question is: do you have any other positives than the ones I listed?

Top 5 home field advantage in terms of crowd noise and support for a defense...

Other than that I wouldn't put anything else up against OU.

It says a lot that LSU is right there with OU and USC for this kid's services.

LSUdeek
1/16/2006, 04:27 PM
As christian as Gerald is, I don't think his decision will be influenced by Mardi Gras and I wouldn't guess he's listening to 50 cent either. Consequently, I think he should stick around in OKLAHOMA, AKA "the bible belt".

There's plenty of Christianity to be had down in Baton Rouge as well. ;)

The odd one out here is USC.

LSUdeek
1/16/2006, 04:28 PM
Hey LSUdeek..

Has there been much talk about Les leaving LSU and going for his "dream" job at Michigan is Carr gets canned next year or the very near future? Les has acted like if Michigan comes open again, he will be fighting to get that job with all he's got....

Some talk... but there would be an immense buyout for such an eventuality (There is a Michigan clause in his contract).

EDIT: If he's such a crap coach, why would Michigan want him?

westcoast_sooner
1/16/2006, 04:43 PM
He'd be moving to a hotter, muggier, more humid climate than Oklahoma, which is hard to do...

Not that hard. Anyplace along the gulf coast would qualify. Same is true for a lot of places along the Atlantic coast.

OUGreg723
1/16/2006, 05:01 PM
There is alot of christianity everywhere in this country. I don't know if religion is a big factor. Maybe not. I don't know the guy. I sure hope he stays home though. We have the most to offer the kid.

BASSooner
1/16/2006, 05:35 PM
I think it will be another USC/OU battle for McCoy because LSU has WAYY too much talent in the DT area that I think he would be redshirted and McCoy does not want that. However, USC needs DTs really bad. USC needed CBs really bad but Murray came here instead. I think he will choose OU because he would most definately be in the rotation and it's close to home and their is so much tradition at OU. Plus all the people around are really nice and such.

LSUdeek
1/16/2006, 06:23 PM
I think it will be another USC/OU battle for McCoy because LSU has WAYY too much talent in the DT area that I think he would be redshirted and McCoy does not want that. However, USC needs DTs really bad. USC needed CBs really bad but Murray came here instead. I think he will choose OU because he would most definately be in the rotation and it's close to home and their is so much tradition at OU. Plus all the people around are really nice and such.

We do already have Woods, but we lost 2 senior starters in Wroten and Williams. Glenn Dorsey will start at one tackle, but both Woods and McCoy will/would receive heavy playing time. Our previous recruits at that position simply aren't as talented as Woods or Mccoy.

BASSooner
1/16/2006, 07:26 PM
We do already have Woods, but we lost 2 senior starters in Wroten and Williams. Glenn Dorsey will start at one tackle, but both Woods and McCoy will/would receive heavy playing time. Our previous recruits at that position simply aren't as talented as Woods or Mccoy.
You do make a point but USC needs McCoy more than OU and LSU does. I mean yeah McCoy would probably start at LSU but it won't kill them if they don't get him. He has a better chance at playing for OU than LSU but USC would be the place to start every single game from the spot for him.

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 08:26 PM

IMO, the type of music you listen to doesn't tell the whole story about whether or not you are a devout or good Christian person. This was a HUGE topic when I was in High School in the 1990's in youth groups among youth advisors.

I tend to look at music from this view point. Music can be enjoyed for more than its words, which in many songs are dumb, repetitive, and pointless. If you think about it, most of the music you listen to depends on the beat and rythym of the song, not so much the words and what they supposedly mean.

Meaning comes from one source and that is the songwriter him/herself. Most of the singers out there don't even write their own songs anyway.

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 08:32 PM
Some talk... but there would be an immense buyout for such an eventuality (There is a Michigan clause in his contract).

EDIT: If he's such a crap coach, why would Michigan want him?

He's a Michigan boy. Michigan is in his blood so to speak. He has made it pretty clear that no matter where he goes, Michigan will always be his "Yankees"-dream job.

Didn't say that he's a crap coach, even though I believe it, I think his coaching/recruiting practices are a little unorthidox and seem to get the program he is at in some kind of trouble, a la Prentiss Elliott, Seymour Shaw, and a whole other slew of players Mike Gumby had to kick off the team when he took over. If I was an LSU fan, I might be somewhat concerned about Lester, that's all.

OUGreg723
1/16/2006, 09:23 PM
IMO, the type of music you listen to doesn't tell the whole story about whether or not you are a devout or good Christian person. This was a HUGE topic when I was in High School in the 1990's in youth groups among youth advisors.

I tend to look at music from this view point. Music can be enjoyed for more than its words, which in many songs are dumb, repetitive, and pointless. If you think about it, most of the music you listen to depends on the beat and rythym of the song, not so much the words and what they supposedly mean.

Meaning comes from one source and that is the songwriter him/herself. Most of the singers out there don't even write their own songs anyway.

Yeah, music today is horrible. No question. I only really listen to Bob Dylan, The Beatles, and The Stones these days.

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2006, 09:42 PM
The Stones are Awesome...........

BASSooner
1/16/2006, 09:49 PM
I wonder if McCoy will give people clues on where he is going.....

LSUdeek
1/17/2006, 12:00 AM
He's a Michigan boy. Michigan is in his blood so to speak. He has made it pretty clear that no matter where he goes, Michigan will always be his "Yankees"-dream job.

Didn't say that he's a crap coach, even though I believe it, I think his coaching/recruiting practices are a little unorthidox and seem to get the program he is at in some kind of trouble, a la Prentiss Elliott, Seymour Shaw, and a whole other slew of players Mike Gumby had to kick off the team when he took over. If I was an LSU fan, I might be somewhat concerned about Lester, that's all.

Les doesn't need to recruit those types of players at LSU. I'm not worried about that. The only thing I'm worried about is his gameday coaching ability.

Some LSU "fans" would be quite happy if he went to Michigan. I don't count myself among those "fans".

The Consumate Showman
1/17/2006, 01:24 PM
Les doesn't need to recruit those types of players at LSU. I'm not worried about that. The only thing I'm worried about is his gameday coaching ability.

Some LSU "fans" would be quite happy if he went to Michigan. I don't count myself among those "fans".

The part I would worry about, though, if I were an LSU "fan" is that LSU hired a coach whose ONLY claim to fame was that he beat Bob Stoops in 2 consecutive years. I mean, oswho won the Houston Bowl for cryin' out loud. I just think that LSU could have found a much better coach out there than Lester.

Think about your teams year this year LSUdeek....IF Lester-boy would've been able to beat a 5-6 Tennessee team, LSU is in the Sugar Bowl again. However, Lester choked it up big time and wound up in the Peach Bowl. Just sayin'.......

Herr Scholz
1/17/2006, 02:43 PM
The only thing I'm worried about is his gameday coaching ability.
Yeah, like him not knowing that you don't need to call a timeout after a change of possession. He had a slight problem with that in your loss to Tennessee.

GDC
1/17/2006, 02:46 PM
Hey it's Tuesday so STFU :texan:

Herr Scholz
1/17/2006, 02:58 PM
Hey it's Tuesday so STFU :texan:
You might want to read the guidelines of the Tuesday policy, since it was meant for you. I was talking about Les Miles' incompetence (something you probably agree with) not the school in my home town. Have a nice day. :D

Over on the South Oval, when things get out of hand, we have a no politics Friday.

In honor of our longtime poster, gdc.

Every Tuesday will be a voluntary no-Longhorn-talk-Tuesday.

Be prepared to not talk about Longhorns or meet the gentle chiding of your fellow Posters.

That is all.

GDC
1/17/2006, 03:01 PM
You're a whorn, you're talking, close enough for me beyonce.

Herr Scholz
1/17/2006, 03:03 PM
You're a whorn, you're talking, close enough for me beyonce.
I guess they don't require critical reading comprehension in whatever PHD program you're involved with. Surprising.

The Consumate Showman
1/17/2006, 03:50 PM
in what dimension has this thread wandered in to????

LSUdeek
1/17/2006, 04:14 PM
The part I would worry about, though, if I were an LSU "fan" is that LSU hired a coach whose ONLY claim to fame was that he beat Bob Stoops in 2 consecutive years. I mean, oswho won the Houston Bowl for cryin' out loud. I just think that LSU could have found a much better coach out there than Lester.

Having an above .500 record at sheep humper U is "claimful" (I invented a word) enough.

Think about your teams year this year LSUdeek....IF Lester-boy would've been able to beat a 5-6 Tennessee team, LSU is in the Sugar Bowl again. However, Lester choked it up big time and wound up in the Peach Bowl. Just sayin'.......

This is completely an incorrect statement. LSU lost to UGA in the SECCG. That kept us out of the Sugar Bowl. Besides, who won that game? Not UGA.

There are a myriad of reasons why LSU lost to Tennessee, not the least significant of which is that we played around 25 people on defense due to conditioning issues brought upon us by Katrina.

Beating Miami in the Peach Bowl by 37 is way more impressive nationally than anything we could have done against west virginia.

The Consumate Showman
1/17/2006, 04:31 PM
Having an above .500 record at sheep humper U is "claimful" (I invented a word) enough.

They seem to somehow always get in the top 25 in recruiting each year...

This is completely an incorrect statement. LSU lost to UGA in the SECCG. That kept us out of the Sugar Bowl. Besides, who won that game? Not UGA.

Okay, forgot about this, but the confidence level of the team might have been much higher, and they may have been in that buzz for the NC game, too....

There are a myriad of reasons why LSU lost to Tennessee, not the least significant of which is that we played around 25 people on defense due to conditioning issues brought upon us by Katrina.

Katrina did what to the FB players?

Beating Miami in the Peach Bowl by 37 is way more impressive nationally than anything we could have done against west virginia.

W Va might be a sleeper team for NC game contention next year. They are young. Miami, IMO, is finally coming into Larry Coker's REAL abilities as a coach and recruiter. I never have liked Coker and felt he WALKED in to Butch Davis' recruiting when Miami beat Nebraska. We'll see how Miami does next year???

LSUdeek
1/17/2006, 04:54 PM
Katrina did what to the FB players?

Caused them not to be able to practice, lift weights, or have their eating and etc. monitored like normal due to facilities being used for the hurricane recovery efforts. We had serious conditioning problems early in the season because of it.

W Va might be a sleeper team for NC game contention next year. They are young. Miami, IMO, is finally coming into Larry Coker's REAL abilities as a coach and recruiter. I never have liked Coker and felt he WALKED in to Butch Davis' recruiting when Miami beat Nebraska. We'll see how Miami does next year???

OK, but coaching or not you have to agree that Miami is a more prominent team nationally than West Virginia.

The Consumate Showman
1/17/2006, 05:59 PM
Caused them not to be able to practice, lift weights, or have their eating and etc. monitored like normal due to facilities being used for the hurricane recovery efforts. We had serious conditioning problems early in the season because of it.

OK, I'll let you have that one.....

OK, but coaching or not you have to agree that Miami is a more prominent team nationally than West Virginia.

Miami IS more prominent, agreed. IMO, though, Miami is about to hit a downhill slope with their program until Coker is fired or retires. Miami has proven over the years, with their past coaches, it doesn't always take a good caoch to win a national championship, talent and effort have a lot to do with it, and I hate to say it, but in Miami's case, it was more talent and not wanting to be "showed up" than effort.(a la Schmellyburger, Coker, Erickson, Vinny, Gino, etc....)

Collier11
1/23/2006, 02:34 AM
Obviously just speculation, but this is a quote from commit corey brandon after visiting with mccoy at an OU bball game..."I talked to the running back from Louisiana, Chris Brown," he said. "He was a real good guy. He really looks like he could be a great player. That number one defensive tackle was there, too, Gerald McCoy. I think we got him."
Could be wrong, but its atleast good to hear fellow players being positive about it

The Consumate Showman
1/23/2006, 03:27 PM
Obviously just speculation, but this is a quote from commit corey brandon after visiting with mccoy at an OU bball game..."I talked to the running back from Louisiana, Chris Brown," he said. "He was a real good guy. He really looks like he could be a great player. That number one defensive tackle was there, too, Gerald McCoy. I think we got him."
Could be wrong, but its atleast good to hear fellow players being positive about it

LET'S HOPE!!!!!!!!! :)

LSUdeek
1/24/2006, 12:48 AM

There was a bumper crop of RB's this year from LA. It's rare that a talented back such as Brown doesn't get an offer from LSU.