PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot or Lowes?

Red October
1/10/2006, 11:26 AM
I like lowes for their Nursery, paint, lighting and appliances.

I like Home Depot for Hardware, Lumber, plumbing, electrical, and flooring (Tile and Hardwood)

Pics of the new kitchen coming in about a month.

Sooner in Tampa
1/10/2006, 11:46 AM
Lowes if I need something...I know what it is and I am in a hurry.

Home Depot if I have any kind of question or I am looking for some assistance.

Newbomb Turk
1/10/2006, 11:47 AM
Home Depot - It's closer to my house.

frankensooner
1/10/2006, 11:50 AM
The depot's colors bug me a little. I shop at both but Lowes gets more of my hard-earned dollars.

JohnnyMack
1/10/2006, 11:57 AM
Home Depot - It's closer to my house.

Yup.

jk the sooner fan
1/10/2006, 11:58 AM
lowes is closer to my house and a month ago, my answer would have been that store, but this past weekend home depot got some of my business and did much to change me towards them

they really arent much different though.....lowes seems a little easier to navigate thru

OUAndy1807
1/10/2006, 12:06 PM
in Norman, the management at Home Depot is a joke. Lowes kicks Home Depot's *** in Norman.

GDC
1/10/2006, 12:28 PM
Some dude at Lowe's wants to fight everytime I go in, so I go to Tahlequah Lumber and support Mike Skinner's family's business. We don't have a Home Depot, and I usually go to Locke for plumbing materials.

GrapevineSooner
1/10/2006, 01:14 PM
Depends if you're Jimmie Johnson fan or a Tony Stewart fan. ;)

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2006, 01:49 PM
Some dude at Lowe's wants to fight everytime I go in, so I go to Tahlequah Lumber and support Mike Skinner's family's business. We don't have a Home Depot, and I usually go to Locke for plumbing materials.
lord I miss Locke Supply.

I've even had my relative by stuff up there and bring it down because I couldn't find it here.

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2006, 01:51 PM
Lowes if I need something...I know what it is and I am in a hurry.

Home Depot if I have any kind of question or I am looking for some assistance.
If you need assistance at either you should just climb one of their ladders.

They'll come running.

Otherwise they both give sucky advice unless you are fortunate to have an employee that has actually done the work, not watched a video.

RacerX
1/10/2006, 02:13 PM
Got one of each within 2 miles. Just depends on what I'm looking for. I like the lumber at home depot better.

Mjcpr
1/10/2006, 02:15 PM
I like the lumber at home depot better.

Mrs Mj thinks they have cuter employees too.

OUAndy1807
1/10/2006, 02:22 PM
yes, for anything relating to Mechanical, Electrical or Plumbing you should really be shopping at Locke supply, although the one in Norman has what have to be the nastiest bathrooms in town.

RacerX
1/10/2006, 02:26 PM
Everybody talks about locke like it's some sort of mecca. I'm unimpressed.

GDC
1/10/2006, 03:14 PM
The Locke Supply in Tahlequah has been excellent for thirty years that I know of. Knowledgeable folks with decent to good materials and prices, works for me.

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2006, 06:39 PM
Everybody talks about locke like it's some sort of mecca. I'm unimpressed.
Who you got that's better?

To be sure, I like specific stores. I wont vouch for the stores I haven't been in and there are some I don't care for. The Midwest City location had some chick that wouldn't discount worth a crap for me. They usually have what I need, and at a reasonable price. Of course my price may have been lower than your price.

The Moore location is excellent.