PDA

View Full Version : Chris Patterson qualifying?

SoonerObsession
1/9/2006, 10:24 PM
I could have swore I heard Al Eichbach say that he is not going to qualify, even coming from a JUCO. Maybe this is why we have more scholly's to give?

OUGreg723
1/9/2006, 10:42 PM
Crapolla. This would be very dissapointing. I hope he makes it. From what I've heard he is a good kid, but from a rough neighborhood in Chicago. C'mon Chris, you can do it man!

jreed13
1/9/2006, 10:54 PM
THIS KID IS AMAZING. HE WILL START FROM THE MOMENT HE GETS ON CAMPUS. That being said i dont know if he ever will :(

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/9/2006, 11:11 PM
That sucks...

stoopified
1/10/2006, 01:03 AM
He still HAS ALL SPRING AND SUMMER TO GET ENOUGH CREDITS TO GRAUATE. I Think he will make it.

Collier11
1/10/2006, 01:38 AM
This guy reminds me of Torrance Marshall already, beast on the field and kinda slow otherwise...What sucks is its not their fault usually but rather the environment they are brought up and taught in. Good Luck to him, I hope to see him in OU and doing well for himself

okienole3
1/10/2006, 02:13 AM
Who is this "they" that you are talking about. I hope the kid makes it for more reasons than just football.

Torrrance will always be one of my favorite OU players because of "the play." He was my next door neighbor for a while. Well, at least his baby's mama was. We invited him over to a few parties, but he didn't ever show up.

Collier11
1/10/2006, 02:58 AM
By "they" I mean kids who are really good kids and have a lot of talent but arent always given the same oppurtunities to be taught correctly. Mosty poor kids and inner-city kids

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/10/2006, 09:45 AM
I heard Al say a few weeks ago that he thought Patterson wouldn't qualify.

We need to get Patterson some of the same classes that Ricky Clemons took to get into Missouri.:rolleyes:

Seriously though he is a big time football player and it appears real unlikely that he will qualify. Technically I believe he could go back to NEO for one more year because he redshirted his first year and try again next year but I really doubt we ever see him in an OU uniform.

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:11 AM
You know how these things can turn on a dime, though. Using the Ricky Clemons example is good. Also, Chad Johnson from the Bengals went to JUCO for 2 years and made it to oregon state, and he flat out said that he hated class, he hated going to class, and he missed absolutely as much class as he could because he hated it so much. I'm not for sure, but I bet that he might just find a way to get to OU.

These JUCO places have tutors and special aids to help these guys out. I'm not saying illegal stuff, even though EVERYONE knows that cheating goes on everywhere, but being from a rough neighborhood like Chris's might just motivate him enough to get to work and get his credits.....Let's hope, this guy is a stud LB...

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 10:17 AM
Word is that Chris has about a year's worth of credits to get b-4 August(around 30). He needs to take about 18 hours this spring and 12 in the summer. I think the summer classes he can pass pretty easy, but the spring classes are the ones to keep an eye on.....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/10/2006, 11:06 AM
i wouldn't expect him until next spring

Desert Sapper
1/10/2006, 04:23 PM
I hope he keeps with it and has the stamina to fight his way into OU. Things are always worth more when you work for them.

The Consumate Showman
1/10/2006, 04:31 PM
i wouldn't expect him until next spring

I'm keeping my fingers crossed....I hope he makes it this year...:)

starclassic tama
1/11/2006, 02:14 AM
i know regular students need 24 credit hours to transfer to ou, so i doubt that athletes need 30. so unless he got 0 hours completed this fall, he shouldn't be in that bad of shape...

Harry Beanbag
1/11/2006, 06:43 AM
i know regular students need 24 credit hours to transfer to ou, so i doubt that athletes need 30. so unless he got 0 hours completed this fall, he shouldn't be in that bad of shape...

I believe his situation requires him to get a degree from NEO before he can transfer.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 08:40 AM
I believe his situation requires him to get a degree from NEO before he can transfer.

This is what I've HEARD...who knows....time will tell...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/11/2006, 09:21 AM
he is a non-qualifying juco player. he has no choice but to have an associates degree before he can get into OU.

RacerX
1/11/2006, 09:26 AM
He still HAS ALL SPRING AND SUMMER TO GET ENOUGH CREDITS TO GRAUATE. I Think he will make it.

Doesn't bode well for staying qualified once he gets here.

okienole3
1/11/2006, 09:41 AM
It is amazing that he would be that far away after being there for 2 years.

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 10:41 AM
It is amazing that he would be that far away after being there for 2 years.

Yeah, makes you wonder.....what is he doing up there?

If he can barely hack it at NEO, I don't know if he'll ever be able to make it at OU...

Why is it that the usually "good" players always end up being stone cold dumb? Jeezzz... :mack: :eddie:

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2006, 10:42 AM
Although there have been worse cases make it at OU and other colleges as well I guess...

c'mon Chris, GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

starclassic tama
1/11/2006, 02:55 PM
i still don't understand why he has to get a degree before transferring. he must be the only person in the state of oklahoma that needs that. it says on the ou website you need 24 credit hours with a gpa of at least 2.5 to transfer to ou.

Harry Beanbag
1/11/2006, 02:56 PM
i still don't understand why he has to get a degree before transferring. he must be the only person in the state of oklahoma that needs that. it says on the ou website you need 24 credit hours with a gpa of at least 2.5 to transfer to ou.

It probably has something to do with staying athletically eligible. If he's not playing football, there's no reason for him to be in college.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/11/2006, 03:12 PM
ncaa rules will not allow a non-qualifier to be academically eligible until they have completed an associates degree.

Collier11
1/11/2006, 04:11 PM
This helps a little although it really doesnt clear up the grade thing, this is tim johnson(de) talking on rivals...So what about Patterson? The four-star linebacker has been rumored lately to be ending up elsewhere because of his academic status.

"I talked to Chris earlier tonight," Johnson said Tuesday night. "He's still going to OU. He didn't talk about anything different. He's saying he's still going to be a Sooner. I don't know why people are saying something different.

"We're planning on being roommates when we get up there."

OUGreg723
1/11/2006, 04:52 PM
This helps a little although it really doesnt clear up the grade thing, this is tim johnson(de) talking on rivals...So what about Patterson? The four-star linebacker has been rumored lately to be ending up elsewhere because of his academic status.

"I talked to Chris earlier tonight," Johnson said Tuesday night. "He's still going to OU. He didn't talk about anything different. He's saying he's still going to be a Sooner. I don't know why people are saying something different.

"We're planning on being roommates when we get up there."

Sweet, thanks dude!:)

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/25/2006, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know if the above quote is still true ?

Collier11
1/25/2006, 09:06 PM
I got that quote from an article on rivals, so yea its true but who knows if he will actually qualify, lets hope his teammate is right

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/26/2006, 01:09 AM
its down to 22 hours now so who knows.

KingDavid
1/26/2006, 10:15 AM
its down to 22 hours now so who knows.

so he got 8 hours in last semester? that's promising - if he can get 15 this sping (doable without football if he can do 8 with), then maybe he gets 6 in the early summer sessions and is available for two-a-days. that'd be sweet.

it would be awesome to see get his speed and atheticism to replace Ingram, especially given how Ingram was able to enhance the pass defense with his coverage capabilities, and it looks like we might be missing that kind of backer next year . . .

Desert Sapper
1/26/2006, 10:39 AM
it would be awesome to see get his speed and atheticism to replace Ingram, especially given how Ingram was able to enhance the pass defense with his coverage capabilities, and it looks like we might be missing that kind of backer next year . . .

Unless Ryan Reynolds steps up next year. He looked pretty fast in the AA game last year.

NormanPride
1/26/2006, 10:45 AM
I don't know where you guys are getting your numbers. Every actual real source I've read has said he's on track. Someone mentioned 24, and then 22 hours? Where are you getting those numbers? All his teammates, coaches, and our coaches say he should be graduating this spring/spring intersession.

The Consumate Showman
1/26/2006, 11:43 AM
I'm just praying he does graduate and makes it. He is another that looked good in the AA game when he played against AD and Rhett....

william_brasky
1/28/2006, 10:00 AM
I'm just praying he does graduate and makes it.

I pray for peace in the Middle East :D

stoopified
1/30/2006, 01:10 AM
I pray for peace in the Middle East :DI pray to win a 5 Million dollar lottery... and oh yeah world peace.
Seriously I hope the best for Chris and believe we will be all right at LB whatever happens.