PDA

View Full Version : From a Poke friend of mine

JohnnyMack
1/9/2006, 05:16 PM
The largest donation to an athletic program will be announced tomorrow during a press conference at OSU. This will set the standard for all athletic programs to follow....more to come later :)

Looks like T. Boone is buying himself a football team.

Widescreen
1/9/2006, 05:18 PM
It would be funny if they announced that the donation was going to OU.

SoonerMooner
1/9/2006, 05:18 PM
Well that's very nice. It wil give the sheep humpers something to talk about. Unfortunately for them, however, they are still going to be sheep humpers and they are still going to suck.

1stTimeCaller
1/9/2006, 05:20 PM
7 goats, 3 hogs and 2 holsteins will set the standard

OUstud
1/9/2006, 05:22 PM
Maybe he could save some money and just buy black uniforms from Nike instead of the uniforms that are a big part of what makes them so retarded.

fadada1
1/9/2006, 05:24 PM
$10 goes a long way in stillwater.

westcoast_sooner
1/9/2006, 05:27 PM
What? They're going to build a new basketball facility?

GottaHavePride
1/9/2006, 05:38 PM
No they're going to buy a crowd for their stadium.

Readyfor8
1/9/2006, 05:40 PM
What? They're going to build a new basketball facility?

Is it still going to be at the end of the football field?

Mjcpr
1/9/2006, 05:59 PM
They were saying on AM 1430 in Tulsa that the donation is estimated to be in the $200 - $250 million range. They didn't know who the donor was but I think we all know it's T Bone again.

We make fun of Aggy and T Bone and rightfully so, but that's nothing to scoff at. OU would take that money in a heartbeat and they'd be happy to have it. It'd be nice if one of our wealthy boosters would step up with a big donation but I don't think any single donor is going to be putting up that kind of jack.

Dio
1/9/2006, 06:02 PM
Johnny Mack has poke friends? That explains a lot. ;)

JohnnyMack
1/9/2006, 06:05 PM
Johnny Mack has poke friends? That explains a lot. ;)

He did lose a bet (I said OSU wouldn't be bowl eligible in 2005, he said they would) that he'll be paying off in the form of dinner at Mahogany. Stupid aggie.

shavedmarmoset
1/9/2006, 06:13 PM
It'd be nice if one of our wealthy boosters would step up with a big donation but I don't think any single donor is going to be putting up that kind of jack.

Well they already have. Hence, the Fock

JohnnyMack
1/9/2006, 06:16 PM

What's the Fock?

Mjcpr

It wasn't anywhere near that amount though....was it? :confused:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
the fock was for 12 million or so. 250 million and it would have been gaylord family oklahoma university.

ultimatesooner1
1/9/2006, 06:17 PM
if they were not in the same state as us, they would be the equivalent of Baylor except they would never have a national championship in a major sport like women's basketball

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2006, 06:17 PM
heck, they might have made bob stoops change his name to gaylord stoops as well ;)

Harry Beanbag
1/9/2006, 06:20 PM
if they were not in the same state as us, they would be the equivalent of Baylor except they would never have a national championship in a major sport like women's basketball

The number of national championships is not one of the areas you make fun of OSU in. They own us in that deparment even though they don't have any football titles.

SkipTracer
1/9/2006, 06:24 PM
They don't own us in anything that matters. That's like saying Arkansas owns us because they have more chicken ranches.

opksooner
1/9/2006, 06:26 PM
I don't mind the money going to the university as long as money is not going to osu recruits.............

...........oh wait a minute!

never mind :(

splum
1/9/2006, 06:30 PM
The pokes have got collegiate wrestling championships, but how many wrestlers have they successfully moved on into the pro ranks? :eddie:

Harry Beanbag
1/9/2006, 06:34 PM
They don't own us in anything that matters. That's like saying Arkansas owns us because they have more chicken ranches.

That depends on one's perspective. Sheephumpers probably don't think football matters all that much, granted it's because they suck at it.

Other than football, do any of OU's other NCs matter?

Harry Beanbag
1/9/2006, 06:35 PM
The pokes have got collegiate wrestling championships, but how many wrestlers have they successfully moved on into the pro ranks? :eddie:

If by pro you mean the Olympics, then I would say several very successfully.

SicEmBaylor
1/9/2006, 10:45 PM
You all forget that OSU is the STATE'S University!

hehe

Soonerus
1/9/2006, 10:46 PM
I heard $32MM from T.

OUGreg723
1/9/2006, 10:48 PM
All because their wrastlin' program has 33 national titles, does not make them a good atheletic department.

SoonerInKCMO
1/9/2006, 10:56 PM
Other than football, do any of OU's other NCs matter?

Why do you hate men's gymnastics? :mad:

picasso
1/9/2006, 11:05 PM
why doesn't anyone ever donate a few mill to me? I mean, it would pay off eventually.

OU_Sooners75
1/9/2006, 11:11 PM
And exactly what will Okie Lite do with all this "donation" money?

Seems to me that OSU really has nowhere to build anything.

OU_Sooners75
1/9/2006, 11:12 PM
why doesn't anyone ever donate a few mill to me? I mean, it would pay off eventually.

I would make a sign out in my yard and call it whoever donated it's Field. :D

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2006, 11:21 PM
n what is characterized as the "single largest donation" ever to an NCAA collegiate athletic program, Oklahoma State University officials are preparing to announce a record-setting gift which, in terms of scope and magnitude, will propel Oklahoma State's ambitious vision to build a world class athletic complex unrivaled in stature and size closer to reality.

Details on the gift and its impact to elevate Oklahoma State's "tradition-rich" athletic "program" to a new level of national prominence and competitiveness in all sports will be presented at the press announcement.
http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/487164.html

OUGreg723
1/9/2006, 11:21 PM
And exactly what will Okie Lite do with all this "donation" money?

Seems to me that OSU really has nowhere to build anything.

What about thair magical "Atheletic Village" that they were going to make by demolishing hundreds of people's homes? They figure that building an atheletic disneyland is the only way they can get good recruits.:D

They are soooooooooo sssiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllyyyyy!!!!!:rolleyes:

stoopified
1/10/2006, 12:44 AM
heck, they might have made bob stoops change his name to gaylord stoops as well ;)You mean Gaylord Family Stoops?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/10/2006, 01:21 AM
They will spend lavishly, buying recruits like back in the Thurman Thomas days, and then get into heap big trouble. They will be as subtle as a UT referee in early October.

OKC-SLC
1/10/2006, 03:26 AM
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....U UUUUUUU!!!1!111!1!!11!!

OklahomaTuba
1/10/2006, 09:18 AM
I guess they gave up on competing academically.

KABOOKIE
1/10/2006, 09:41 AM
The Gaylord's donated over a total of 100 million cash. Also, over 7 years OU raised 1 Billion dollars. 500 Million for athletics and the other 500 Million of academics. Over that same time period I don't think the pokes have even raised 50 Million dollars. Don't forget they still OWE 67 Million for the Gallagher Iba.

T. Boone will probably come out and say, "I'll given you fellers $17 now. And when I die and go to that great big orange heaven, I will leave you guys with $200 Million. Of course I reserve the right to change my mid between now and then and marry some big-boobed bimbo named Anna and give it all to her."

FaninAma
1/10/2006, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't spend the money if i were Okie State until I had it in my hands. T. Boone(what a farking arsehole) also pledged a bunch of money to West Texas State A&M here in Amarillo/Canyon that he never forked over. They eventually removed his name from the business school.

The guy, IMO, cannot be trusted and he is hated wherever he goes and does business. If OSU wants to play footsie with the devil then they risk getting pitchforked.

John Kochtoston
1/10/2006, 10:24 AM
Before we get to excited and anxious about J.R. Ewing's gift to Silo Tech...

http://www.ou.edu/pubaff/wdyk/wdyk1.html

"OU continues to break private fund-raising records, with more than $970 million in gifts and pledges over the past decade, including the 1995-2000 Reach for Excellence Campaign, which raised $514 million and closed as the fourth-largest public university fund-raising campaign in U.S. history."

Of course, some of that goes to all that high-fallutin learnin' we like to do in Norman. :D

picasso
1/10/2006, 11:13 AM
Before we get to excited and anxious about J.R. Ewing's gift to Silo Tech...

http://www.ou.edu/pubaff/wdyk/wdyk1.html

"OU continues to break private fund-raising records, with more than $970 million in gifts and pledges over the past decade, including the 1995-2000 Reach for Excellence Campaign, which raised $514 million and closed as the fourth-largest public university fund-raising campaign in U.S. history."

Of course, some of that goes to all that high-fallutin learnin' we like to do in Norman. :D
hey John, can I borrow your towel for a sec? my....car just hit a waterbuffalo.

JohnnyMack
1/10/2006, 11:26 AM

Ball bearings, it's all ball bearings these days.

picasso
1/10/2006, 11:40 AM
"maybe you need a refresher course.....? nawwwwhAAAAAAawwwwww!!!!!!!"

NickZeppelin
1/10/2006, 11:42 AM
They can try all they want to pollish a terd but it's still a terd.

NormanPride
1/10/2006, 12:12 PM
165 Million. Wow. That's a lot of cheeseburgers.

OUFan22
1/10/2006, 12:23 PM
All because their wrastlin' program has 33 national titles, does not make them a good atheletic department.
Granted an outstanding wrestling program doesn't make an athletic program, but it takes more to be a wrestler than it does to participate in any other collegiate sport. I would never discredit wrestling as a sport that doesn't matter. I gotta give them credit for that.

Harry Beanbag
1/10/2006, 12:25 PM

As far as NCAA recognized National Championships, if you take away all of OSU's and OU's wrestling titles, the sheep fondlers still lead 10 titles to 9.

John Kochtoston
1/10/2006, 02:14 PM
As far as NCAA recognized National Championships, if you take away all of OSU's and OU's wrestling titles, the sheep fondlers still lead 10 titles to 9.
http://www.ncaa.org/library/records/football_records_book/2005/2005_d1_football_records.pdf

NCAA may not award 'em, but they sure do recognize 'em.:D

fesperman58
1/10/2006, 03:37 PM
Here was his quote on ESPN.com

'"How it impacts me? My name's on the stadium. I don't know what else they could do. I guess they could put it on each one of the seats." '

JLB
1/10/2006, 03:43 PM
I still think it's precious that a brick layer put OU in one of their walls.

FirstandGoal
1/10/2006, 03:46 PM
I still think it's precious that a brick layer put OU in one of their walls.

Heh, still have major spek to whoever that guy was.

JLB
1/10/2006, 03:48 PM
Granted an outstanding wrestling program doesn't make an athletic program, but it takes more to be a wrestler than it does to participate in any other collegiate sport. I would never discredit wrestling as a sport that doesn't matter. I gotta give them credit for that.
Dont ever bad mouth wrestling.I was at a bar in Tulsa one time,and I called this little bald headed guy a [email protected] before I knew it,he had me in a double chicken wing and crying for mommy.All without a single scratch.

49r
1/10/2006, 04:04 PM
Dont ever bad mouth wrestling.I was at a bar in Tulsa one time,and I called this little bald headed guy a [email protected] before I knew it,he had me in a double chicken wing and crying for mommy.All without a single scratch.

That has got to be the most awesomest email address evar!

JLB
1/10/2006, 04:23 PM
That has got to be the most awesomest email address evar!
You like that.All this 100% pure colombian coffee has me pushing buttons I did not know exsisted.

1stTimeCaller
1/10/2006, 04:26 PM
the fock was for 12 million or so. 250 million and it would have been gaylord family oklahoma university.

The expansion to the stadium and other upgrades to the stadium was over $72MM. I'm not sure what you menat by the $12MM figure.

picasso
1/10/2006, 04:37 PM
true dat. I had a fella pull some kind of spin move on me one time. it went from my having a hold of himt to him having me in a death grip. glad we were just playing around.
course, get us on a golf course and give me a 3-iron and I'll own the dude.

the scariest are the dude's who only weigh 160 but are built like little roided up bulldogs.

JohnnyMack
1/10/2006, 04:38 PM
The expansion to the stadium and other upgrades to the stadium was over $72MM. I'm not sure what you menat by the $12MM figure.

I think Gaylord only chipped in 12 to the stadium is what he's sayin'.

Harry Beanbag
1/10/2006, 04:39 PM
I think Gaylord only chipped in 12 to the stadium is what he's sayin'.

Ol' Boone just made him look like a punk.

JLB
1/10/2006, 04:43 PM
true dat. I had a fella pull some kind of spin move on me one time. it went from my having a hold of himt to him having me in a death grip. glad we were just playing around.
course, get us on a golf course and give me a 3-iron and I'll own the dude.

the scariest are the dude's who only weigh 160 but are built like little roided up bulldogs.

You like golf.I have a surplus of Titleist Pro-V1's.I like to dive for golf balls in my spare time.Actually thought about starting my own business.I make good money selling recycled golfballs.

goingoneight
1/10/2006, 06:04 PM
Oh!!! and speaking of wrestling... when was the last National Chapionship viewed by hundred-thousands to millions in the US? Wrestling is dull and boring for everyone except wrestlers, wrestler families, wrestler friends.
Don't they also **** and moan when you tell them you don't care about their sport? Don't they always sort of threaten you, like... I could kick your @$$... I'm sure you could buddy, but I'm still bored to tears with your sport.

Fact is, they could win 100 National Titles in wrestling... and I......STILL.........WOULDN'T.........CARE!

The average person hears 'college sports' and they think fall-time football or March Madness...

OSU basketball may be decent in recent years but heres as goes

Basketball
OU 118 OSU 88
OSU 2 National Chapionships
Football
OU 77 OSU 16 (14 without "Cheater Miles")
OU 7 National Championships
God knows how many All-Americans
39 Conference Titles
39 Bowl Appearances
4 Heisman trophy winners

OSU = Barry Sanders, Thurmond Thomas

'nuff said...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/11/2006, 12:29 AM
As far as NCAA recognized National Championships, if you take away all of OSU's and OU's wrestling titles, the sheep fondlers still lead 10 titles to 9.Let's get serious! How many college football championships does ag have?:eddie: Doh!!!

John Kochtoston
1/11/2006, 09:47 PM
Besides, Silo Tech is a football school, anyway. 1995 proved that.

John Kochtoston
1/11/2006, 09:48 PM

Only in exchange for a Bloody Mary, a steak sandwichand a steak sandwich.

LifelongSooner
1/11/2006, 10:14 PM
I love the fact that the national media is putting a bad spin on the donation. This article is written by an investigative reporter at USCN and has links on that page to the Bama Booster Debacle, among others. TBP has a huge ego and a short time span. He will send them back to probation. A good read though and this is their picture, not mine!

http://espn.go.com/media/ncf/2006/0109/photo/g_pickens2_195.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285520

Brasky7
1/12/2006, 03:11 AM
from awhile back...

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/86/6183/640/Boone%20Slim%20Pickens%20AD2.jpg

Brasky7
1/12/2006, 03:14 AM
another one...

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/86/6183/640/T-Bone%20Pickens.jpg

Octavian
1/12/2006, 04:53 AM
red X's are fun.

Octavian
1/12/2006, 05:02 AM
They can try all they want to pollish a terd but it's still a terd.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/369/truth7qw.th.png (http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=truth7qw.png)

soonerjoker
1/12/2006, 10:38 AM
after reading about half of this thread, i wonder, do sour grapes make good wine ???????????

SkipTracer
1/13/2006, 01:38 PM
Just how many teams have wrestling in div. 1? Where's Texas or tech or A&M? Where's Kansas or ksu? Baylor? Colorado? Anybody :rolleyes: The link knows all
http://web1.ncaa.org/ssLists/sportByInst.do?sport=MWR&division=1

Harry Beanbag
1/13/2006, 02:46 PM
Just how many teams have wrestling in div. 1? Where's Texas or tech or A&M? Where's Kansas or ksu? Baylor? Colorado? Anybody :rolleyes: The link knows all
http://web1.ncaa.org/ssLists/sportByInst.do?sport=MWR&division=1

Looks like about 87 give or take a couple. What's yer point?

NormanPride
1/13/2006, 03:00 PM
after reading about half of this thread, i wonder, do sour grapes make good wine ???????????

Why would we have sour grapes over 165 million over 10 years? We raise a hell of a lot more than that. We just like ridiculing their sorry ***.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/13/2006, 03:24 PM
How much of that money is going to be used to buy more rust for their stadium?

picasso
1/13/2006, 04:04 PM
Only in exchange for a Bloody Mary, a steak sandwichand a steak sandwich.
"you are weeth the Underhills?"

soonerjoker
1/14/2006, 10:13 AM
NP

sour grapes DO make a good whine.

SkipTracer
1/14/2006, 10:26 AM
Looks like about 87 give or take a couple. What's yer point?

Come on Harry, I feel like I'm talking to my ex. :rolleyes: