PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually see the spit?

Grimey
1/9/2006, 03:43 PM
Sean Taylor got ejected from the Redskins' game, yet I still haven't seen a clip showing him actually spitting. Not that I want to see it, but I am just curious how that ref knew right away to eject Taylor. Did the ref see it, or did he just take Pittman's word for it?

fadada1
1/9/2006, 03:48 PM
i think keith hernandez did it.... from the grassy knoll.

Soonrboy
1/9/2006, 03:52 PM
I need to see your diagram

Scott D
1/9/2006, 04:00 PM
well the ref was like 2 steps away and called it immediately, but you couldn't hear the announcement because the place was going nuts over the personal foul part being called.

tbl
1/9/2006, 04:18 PM
I'm betting the ref got hit by the spit residue. The wad undoubtedly hit the Tampa guy, but the little speckles must have got on the refs face.

GrapevineSooner
1/9/2006, 04:49 PM
He did jerk his head back a bit right before getting slapped by Pittman. I'm guessing that's when the spit occurred. Plus, he didn't seem to be arguing the penalty rather vociferously.

And like Scott said, Mike Carey was rushing in and was only a few feet away when the transgression apparently took place.

The camera angle simply wasn't close enough to show any conclusive evidence. Therefore, you've got to stick with the call on the field. ;)

shavedmarmoset
1/9/2006, 04:53 PM
Once a U-thug always a U-thug.