PDA

View Full Version : my f'in hillbilly neighbor

TopDaugIn2000
1/9/2006, 10:32 AM
keeps throwing his cigarette butts in my yard. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was outside watering the yard on saturday and noticed TONS of cig butts in my yard. I see him outside smoking all the time, and apparently he doesn't know there's a burn ban out. They are all over my front yard and in my flowerbeds.

I'm not sure whether to call the police, my landlord, or both.

1stTimeCaller
1/9/2006, 10:34 AM
talk to neighbor first

nmsoonergirl
1/9/2006, 10:34 AM
I thought you all bought a house?:confused:

I guess I'm behind the times.

SoonerBorn68
1/9/2006, 10:35 AM
Nails behind the tires always worked for me. :D

Pieces Hit
1/9/2006, 10:36 AM
Don't look but there's an ash-hole in your yard.

I live on a rural road and people throw beer cans in my yard.

SoonerBorn68
1/9/2006, 10:38 AM
Sorry, I didn't know it was your yard.

Hatfield
1/9/2006, 10:48 AM
Don't look but there's an ash-hole in your yard.

I live on a rural road and people throw beer cans in my yard.

if they are unopened, i really don't see a problem with that.

critical_phil
1/9/2006, 10:53 AM
collect them.

when you get a hunnerd or so, dump them back in his yard.

JohnnyMack
1/9/2006, 11:14 AM
collect them.

when you get a hunnerd or so, put them in an empty beer bottle and throw it at his front door.

or whatever.

TopDaugIn2000
1/9/2006, 11:20 AM
no I never found a house I wanted, and needed to move quickly (the commute nearly killed me, literally). So I'm renting for now, and will probably build in about a year.

Newbomb Turk
1/9/2006, 12:27 PM
collect them.

when you get a hunnerd or so, dump them back in his yard.

Exactly - I had an idiot neighbor that would mow his lawn and shoot the grass clippings all over my sidewalk beside the garage. I politely asked him to shoot the clippings the other direction.

Next time it happened, I swept them up and dumped them on his doorstep. He got the message.

TopDaugIn2000
1/9/2006, 02:06 PM
my bf suggest we (meaning ME) should pick them up and then watch for new ones. to see if these are all old or if he's still doing it, even during the burn ban. I don't wanna touch them though, even with gloves. Don't think that I should have to pick up that ***hole's trash.

mdklatt
1/9/2006, 02:12 PM
I don't wanna touch them though, even with gloves. Don't think that I should have to pick up that ***hole's trash.

Leaf blower. YWIA.

Harry Beanbag
1/9/2006, 02:33 PM
collect them.

when you get a hunnerd or so, dump them back in his mailbox.

fixed. :)

Oldnslo
1/9/2006, 03:29 PM
no I never found a house I wanted, and needed to move quickly (the commute nearly killed me, literally). So I'm renting for now, and will probably build in about a year.
?

I was sure you bought a house with the boyfriend of a different religion. You were going to break it to the 'rents all at once, no? I could've sworn you were asking for advice and such on that matter.

Mjcpr
1/9/2006, 03:32 PM
?

I was sure you bought a house with the boyfriend of a different religion. You were going to break it to the 'rents all at once, no? I could've sworn you were asking for advice and such on that matter.

I think she was breaking the news that she was hittin' it before being married. You know.....shackin' up.

TopDaugIn2000
1/9/2006, 03:37 PM
?

we were going to, and yes, I did ask for advice on how to tell them. We ended up not buyin the house, but instead renting together for a while first. Of course the parents are livid, that's not how they raised me, etc, but I'm still hittin it.

Sam Spade
1/9/2006, 03:41 PM
I say you go down to the locak 99cents store and buy him a big ol' ashtray and a box of latex gloves. Put on the gloves, pick up the butts and put them in the ashtray. Then put the full ashtray on his porch.

Then...if he continues, figure out what time he's most likely to go out and smoke. Go out five minutes before him and pour 5 gallons of gasoline on the grass where he tosses his cigs. Stand inside, ready to run out and turn on the hose, but have your boyfriend keep his camcorder ready.

After you put out the fire and videotape it, call the cops and notify them of your neighbor's smoking habits. After he gets out of jail, he probably won't toss cigs in your yard anymore. ;)

:D

TopDaugIn2000
1/9/2006, 03:45 PM
I could throw them in the cab of his old nasty *** truck, but he'd probably never notice

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/9/2006, 03:54 PM
Seems you have problems with everyone no matter where you go or what you do. Ever stop to think that maybe it's you that's the problem?

TopDaugIn2000
1/9/2006, 03:56 PM
oh, so my nasty neighbor who I've never met throws his butts in my yard during a burn ban and it's MY problem????

Beano's Fourth Chin
1/9/2006, 04:21 PM
Sounds like he was being a responsible adult. He threw his butts where there was a small liklihood of them catching everything on fire. I mean, you were watering your yard and all.

TopDaugIn2000
1/9/2006, 04:22 PM
Sounds like he was being a responsible adult. He threw his butts where there was a small liklihood of them catching everything on fire. I mean, you were watering your yard and all.

well, true.