PDA

View Full Version : To The Sooner Nation

Luthor
1/9/2006, 08:59 AM
Just for the record, let me say that no Longhorn of relative intelligence (that's a qualifying term) believes for one minute that we will just pick right up with the latest QB recruit where Vince Young left off. Mack and Davis will have to rewrite the play book to exclude Superman. Now, just what the hell that means is anybody's guess right now. Sure we still have loads of returning talent and some new to go along with that. But then, doesn't everybody.
Now now till September it's all talk.

Crimson Kid
1/9/2006, 09:39 AM
Atleast you guys have a o-line to protect your new qb, you seen what rhett went through, and he's lucky he's still vertical.

Looking forward to OUr rematch.

caphorns
1/9/2006, 10:03 AM
Reality - no way we should be in the preseason Top 10. I'd think the country will get it and drop us to between 10-15. I think they should probably go lower.

McWorter is why we have a good Oline. Whoever comes in will get the benefit of good blocking. They also will have the benefit of experienced receivers and good RBs. I suspect the new guy may rack up the passing stats with the returning talent and that Jamaal Charles' carries will go substantially up. I also think there's a good possibility that Sergio Kindle will end up in the backfield his fresh year. If that happens, our running game would be exceptionally good.

But, with a substantially less dynamic offense and lack of definite leadership and with losses at key positions on the defense, we will not get over on tOSU and probably take a loss at the RRS. I'd say at least 2 losses and probably 4 by the end of the year. Nebraska, Iowa State, Tech and ATM will give us a challenge. Baylor may force us to go into OT. We'll be somewhere around Alamo Bowl or Holiday Bowl level and scratching up to get back to the Top 15-20. A rematch with USC in the Holiday Bowl would be ideal.

picasso
1/9/2006, 10:19 AM
you guys will be top 10 preseason.
Big loss with VY leaving but you've reached top 10 program type status.
However, that bongo guy is quite the overrated actor. He apparently just plays himself in every role.

RooseveltRoughRider
1/9/2006, 10:23 AM
I diasgree slightly caphorns...

I think that everyones misinterpretation that Vince Young= all Texas has will benefit them. The defense should be better next year for TX.
Here is my analysis of what the Horns got coming back.

QB- Question Mark
RB- They don't lose any. Charles, Taylor, Selvin Young an Melton all back.
OL- They lose two, keep three. The line will still be strong.
TE- They will miss Thomas. The blocking TE, Tweedie, will return.
WR- Billy Pittman, Limas Sweed, and Quan Cosby return.

Offensive Prediction: It all depends on the QB, but whoever he is will have top notch RB's,WR's and O-Lineman. So the Vince factor is removed, but this offense is still gonna be awfully good.

Secondary: Michael Griffin the leading tackler returns to the secondary, as will CB Taryl Brown, CB/PR Aaron Ross, LB/S Drew Kelson, and Michael Griffins brother Marcus. Huff and Griffin are gone, but they still return the most talented seondary in the Big 12.

LB: Bobino was a Freshman All-american. Killebrew returns. Kindle or Kelson will start also.

DL: They will be much stronger on the DL. Rodrique Wright was way overrated and outperformed by his counterparts. Freshman AllAmerican's Okam and Orakpo return as do both the Ends, Crowder and Robison.

Defensive PRediction: The defense will be stronger in 2006 and faster.

I think the RRS will be a great game this year, worth all the hype. Is Texas beatable without Vince? Sure. Will they be any sort of cakewalk? HELL NO.

caphorns
1/9/2006, 10:45 AM
Here's my response on this. I think you are overestimating our talent levels and definitely the level of experience.

QB- Question Mark whoever we have will be very green and won't come anywhere near the production level of our clear MVP
RB- They don't lose any. Charles, Taylor, Selvin Young an Melton all back. actually we lose a pretty good FB, but Melton would be better if he takes the FB spot
OL- They lose two, keep three. The line will still be strong.our exceptional RT, Blalock, will probably declare early and is not easily replaced
TE- They will miss Thomas. The blocking TE, Tweedie, will return.
WR- Billy Pittman, Limas Sweed, and Quan Cosby return.

Offensive Prediction: It all depends on the QB, but whoever he is will have top notch RB's,WR's and O-Lineman. So the Vince factor is removed, but this offense is still gonna be awfully good.See above. Vince is a major part of the Spread Option offense -especially running ability. You basically have to retool the offense and may not be able to run it from the shotgun. I see a huge dropoff from the nation's highest scoring unit.

Secondary: Michael Griffin the leading tackler returns to the secondary, as will CB Taryl Brown, CB/PR Aaron Ross, LB/S Drew Kelson, and Michael Griffins brother Marcus. Huff and Griffin are gone, but they still return the most talented seondary in the Big 12. Huff is a monumental loss. He quarterbacked our defense. He won't be fully replaced.

LB: Bobino was a Freshman All-american. Killebrew returns. Kindle or Kelson will start also.we lose our most experienced player in Harris, but the unit was not that great this past year. Kindle and Dustin Earnest should make them better as a unit

DL: They will be much stronger on the DL. Rodrique Wright was way overrated and outperformed by his counterparts. Freshman AllAmerican's Okam and Orakpo return as do both the Ends, Crowder and Robison.Wright is far from overrated. Dibbles was underrated. Both are lost. We basically lost the depth at tackle that allowed us to rest guys regularly. Only real improvement will be in bringing in Eddie Jones to give us more depth and speed at the end position

Defensive PRediction: The defense will be stronger in 2006 and faster.we'll be faster, but skinnier and light on experience and leadership

C&CDean
1/9/2006, 10:50 AM
My "analization" of the whorns?

This year's team was studly. They deserved their championship. Vince is gone. Goody. Other than that, I couldn't give a ****. Not another thought about them.

fadada1
1/9/2006, 11:00 AM
Mack and Davis will have to rewrite the play book to exclude Superman.
i wasn't aware that an original playbook had been written.

JohnnyMack
1/9/2006, 11:09 AM

This year's team was 9 - 2 without VY. HE deserved their championship. Vince is gone. Goody. Other than that, I couldn't give a ****. Not another thought about them.

Fixed.

JohnnyMack
1/9/2006, 11:10 AM

<VY>Everybody get out of my way</VY>

<Saxet offense>Okey dokey.</Saxet offense>

mrowl
1/9/2006, 11:13 AM

http://www.zboneman.com/movies/images/waterboy.jpg

Pieces Hit
1/9/2006, 11:14 AM
Just for the record, let me say that no Longhorn of relative intelligence exists.

Fixed

jreed13
1/9/2006, 11:15 AM
Killebrews little sister hit on me once. Once I found out her last name was killebrew and the light came on upstairs i said thanks but no thanks

fadada1
1/9/2006, 11:22 AM
Brady Quinn's little sister hit on me once. Once I found out her last name was Quinn and the light came on upstairs i said thanks but no thanks
cool. when did you start playing LB at ohio state???

olevetonahill
1/9/2006, 11:45 AM

This year's team was studly. They deserved their championship. Vince is gone. Goody. Other than that, I couldn't give a ****. Not another thought about them.
Well said . As always

Texas Golfer
1/9/2006, 06:59 PM
Reality - no way we should be in the preseason Top 10. I'd think the country will get it and drop us to between 10-15. I think they should probably go lower.

McWorter is why we have a good Oline. Whoever comes in will get the benefit of good blocking. They also will have the benefit of experienced receivers and good RBs. I suspect the new guy may rack up the passing stats with the returning talent and that Jamaal Charles' carries will go substantially up. I also think there's a good possibility that Sergio Kindle will end up in the backfield his fresh year. If that happens, our running game would be exceptionally good.

But, with a substantially less dynamic offense and lack of definite leadership and with losses at key positions on the defense, we will not get over on tOSU and probably take a loss at the RRS. I'd say at least 2 losses and probably 4 by the end of the year. Nebraska, Iowa State, Tech and ATM will give us a challenge. Baylor may force us to go into OT. We'll be somewhere around Alamo Bowl or Holiday Bowl level and scratching up to get back to the Top 15-20. A rematch with USC in the Holiday Bowl would be ideal.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think you are being overly critical of the Longhorn's '06 season forecast.

Before Vinny's announcement, UT would have to be the odds on favorite for the top spot. Now, I still can't see UT less than the top 5 in the preseason polls.

azzbakwardz
1/9/2006, 09:22 PM
I imagine they will start top 10, how could they not, trophy and all, but I am betting on 3 losses, and a big struggle at QB, dont care who it is they throw out there, gotta remember who's coaching em.
Hey he said it himself, didnt coach VY......he'll screw this up big time, roll QB's in left and right, and Major will be laughing his whorn *** off all over again.
Long live MB! LMAO!

TXBOOMER
1/9/2006, 09:31 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but I think you are being overly critical of the Longhorn's '06 season forecast.

Before Vinny's announcement, UT would have to be the odds on favorite for the top spot. Now, I still can't see UT less than the top 5 in the preseason polls.

You need to rethink your position. VY was the team. They will lose at least 3 games next year. They will be lucky to be in the top 15, they won't be in the top 15 for long.

OUGreg723
1/9/2006, 09:45 PM
As much as I hate to say it, Texas is going to be a very good team next year. The horns will be a very powerful run team, and they have all the ability in the world at receiver, so the passing game should get better as the season goes on. Defensivley the horns are stilll going to be strong aswell.

I think OU will have an edge next season and will win the Big 12, but I'm not gonna count Texas out either. The RRS should be a great one. I like both teams being strong! It is exciting!!

goingoneight
1/9/2006, 10:09 PM
C'mon guys, the odds of UT getting a fumble-fest like we had this year are slim-to-none. Our guys will be better (than they were this season), and may enter the RRS undefeated, because of UO's key losses.

Texas had Vince Young for three years and appreciated his talents, as we know. But I don't see a new QB coming in and having the troubles that Bomar had with us... Remember, Rhett had no OL all year and was forced to act as fast as he could... this season really tested him as a QB. To me, he's proven himself, and with Heupel's mind upstairs, good things are ahead for him... On the Texas subject, they have a great OL, with big, stong guys returning who give the QB plenty of time.

Example: VY's last play in the Rose Bowl, he's a great athlete, but how did he walk twenty yards into the endzone??? Answer: Holes opened up and good protection.
OU in the Holiday Bowl, Bomar took a snap, and immediately had to throw to nearby guys all night long because less than three seconds was available.

UT has a great O-line that our defense surprisingly, despite a 12-45 loss in the RRS, could penetrate... We just couldn't tackle worth a d-a-m-n. The only recorded sacks were Alexander and Dvoracek. Our guys need to learn how to tackle, the whole shoulder-check nonsense is ****ing me off (I blame coaching staff for that part). Whoever UT spots at QB has to be fast, accurate, and be willing to take a hit or two and get back up to play.

I agree with caphorns, without VY... UT out-of-top-ten. tOSU (whatever that means) will probably blow UT out and think they're something special because they beat a young, weakened UT team. Ala some UT fans at this year's RRS (I didn't say all of them).

shavedmarmoset
1/9/2006, 10:15 PM
Texas will be preseason top-10. Even though they lose young, they have plenty of jr's and sr's coming back and only about five people who are freshmen and sophs starting on offense and defense combined.