PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Vincent Young

MikeInNorman
1/9/2006, 08:37 AM
There are many things for which Vince Young should be lauded. His one-man-teamishness, his perfect performance in the Rose Bowl, his uncanny resemblance to Radio. Praiseworthy, all.

But I come here to make note of VY's one singular achievement, his bright shining moment, his flash of inspiration. Of course, I refer to the invention by Mr. Vince Young of the now ubiquitous Head Panty.

Sure, maybe a guy or two donned a Head Panty pre-VY. Sure, maybe VY didn't exactly invent the Head Panty. But, did Patrick Ewing invent the T-shirt? Did the Fab Five invent baggy shorts? Did Pistol Pete invent floppy socks? No! But that is their legacy!

VY's unrelenting and unswerving dedication to the Head Panty has caused a thousand skull caps to bloom, in colors hetetofore unimaginable to your average bovine. So, here's to you, Mr. Vincent Young, Head Panty popularizer!

We're grateful, however, that your other trademark, see-through pants, never caught on.

crawfish
1/9/2006, 08:46 AM
Son, you've got a panty on yer head.

http://home.fuse.net/tizzietellsall/raising_arizona.jpg

Luthor
1/9/2006, 09:03 AM
Sounds like the next Bud Lite commercial. You should send it in.

(Music) "Mr. Head Panty Popular-izer"

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2006, 10:26 AM
I like it. I've had same thoughts, but maybe TFRW ought to share in the accomplishment. EVERY time he had his helmet off, he was wearing a head panty.

NormanPride
1/9/2006, 01:09 PM
Yeah, but he had his head in his hands, crying, too much for anyone to notice.